Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

fits my needs posted:

how does a truck driver have so much time to post anyway

24 hour resets of your DOT hours-of-service mean you often end up in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, trapped in a prison-cell like sleeper, with nothing to do but (poo poo)post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Groovelord Neato posted:

as someone who worked at barnes and noble for 8 years (in receiving luckily) they deserve to crash and burn.

Sometimes I lament the loss of Borders. Browsing the huge cheap coffee table books in the front of the store was really cool :(

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Welp:

https://www.itt-tech.edu/

"We are not enrolling new students. Here is all the information that we are required to give you by the federal government."

I can't wait for Cerberus capital to pull the plug and liquidate everything; the way their stake is structured they get paid first, so all other shareholders will be SoL.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I genuinely think anyone who has posted in d&d should be shot

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

devmd01 posted:

Welp:

https://www.itt-tech.edu/

"We are not enrolling new students. Here is all the information that we are required to give you by the federal government."

I can't wait for Cerberus capital to pull the plug and liquidate everything; the way their stake is structured they get paid first, so all other shareholders will be SoL.

wtf I click through to see a software development bachelors. Why pay this when you can just go to your real state school?

http://programinfo.itt-tech.edu/posi/cost.pdf

Cost

How much will this program cost me?*

Tuition and fees: $89,040

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

They closed the JC Penneys at our end of the mall nearly a year ago, but we're getting a Wegman's in its place. I'm very psyched for having a good place to get food right close by, as the food court is at the other end of the mall from me. It takes 10 minutes to get there, get food and get back, and by that time my break's nearly over. Wegman's next door is gonna be a godsend.

That is, until people try to bring shopping carts in our store and we'll have to tell them it's a no-no. Also sending their kids to go play at the lego store while mommy shops for grapefruit.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Darth123123 posted:

wtf I click through to see a software development bachelors. Why pay this when you can just go to your real state school?

http://programinfo.itt-tech.edu/posi/cost.pdf

Cost

How much will this program cost me?*

Tuition and fees: $89,040

Holy poo poo

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
How long will it take me to complete this program?

The program is designed to take 168 weeks to complete. Of those that completed the program in 2014-2015, *% finished in 168 weeks.

* Fewer than 10 students completed this program in 2014-15. The number who finished within the normal time has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.

What are my chances of getting a job when I graduate?

The job placement rate for students who completed this program is *%.

* We are required to calculate this information; however, there were no graduates in this program for the year 2014-15.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

cheerfullydrab posted:

This is hyper-local, but your alls conspiracy theories about how Walmart electronics look the same as other people's but are actually terrible garbage inside remind me of a thing or two I've heard about Wawa gasoline being somehow "watered-down" because Wawa has the cheapest prices.

My father in law genuinely believes this about grocery store gas and refuses to buy it despite being super poor and it offering a way to save money on both his groceries and gas.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The difference is though that local gas stations all generally get the same poo poo from the local refinery whereas WalMart absolutely uses its clout to get suppliers to do poo poo they wouldn't ordinarily do just special for WalMart.

Idk I bought some meat from WalMart in college because it was cheaper and my poo poo was green for 3 days and so was my vomit later that night and that was lesson enough.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Prehistoric Man spent tens of thousands of years selectively breeding "Walmart Only" animals to sell their inferior meat to walmart in the future

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah bc all agriculture products are identical and produce departments don't inspect deliveries in order to reject old/bad stuff.

like WalMart doesn't deliberately buy the cheapest meat the supplier has to offer

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Prehistoric Man spent tens of thousands of years selectively breeding "Walmart Only" animals to sell their inferior meat to walmart in the future

big neanderthal has a deal with Wal mart to provide special wal mart only animal supply lines.

do you even understand production bro?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I mean I know for a fact there are restaurants that take the bottom of the barrel stuff food suppliers have which was already rejected by other places because huge discount, there's no way it's impossible for a food department in a store to do the same.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
come on man, that one bitch idiot screeching about things he intuited was enough

wal mart gets the same poo poo as any other place.

The produce looks worse because the amount of people digging through it and the lack of manpower to upkeep it and if you got sick from meat, congratulations I've gotten sick from Whole Foods Pure 100% Organic Bullshit before and it doesn't speak to whole foods as it's an anecdote based on 0.00000000000000000001% of the meat they have ever sold.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

come on man, that one bitch idiot screeching about things he intuited was enough

wal mart gets the same poo poo as any other place.

but that's just not true lol they already explaining the electronics fuckery to you

i mean yeah it's store to store and the amount of customers in the produce area affects it a lot but you can't tell me WalMart gets exactly the same poo poo as all the other grocery stores universally

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

but that's just not true lol they already explaining the electronics fuckery to you

ive worked at 3 separate wal marts and have unloaded hundreds of trucks, as well as 3 other major retailers where i did the same.

it's the exact same fruit and meat from the exact same companies upkept in exactly the same conditions.

Just because that one retard had a point that a AACX100S is cheaper made but the same price as a AACX100SS or whatever doesn't change that fact and isn't a universal truth that all wal mart products are completely substandard to every other comparable product literally anywhere else

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Its objectively true that walmart and other big box stores get lower quality goods.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

isn't a universal truth that all wal mart products are completely substandard to every other comparable product literally anywhere else

I don't think anyone is arguing that?

WalMart's underpaying of staff resulting in lovely food departments stocking expired product is their fault one way or another isn't it?

Jastiger posted:

Its objectively true that walmart and other big box stores get lower quality goods.

and yeah im sorry but just go to a local market then go to WalMart it's not gonna be the same exact poo poo

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Jastiger posted:

If there's anyone's word you can trust on this issue, it's the word of a fat Iowan insurance salesman.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

I don't think anyone is arguing that?

WalMart's underpaying of staff resulting in lovely food departments stocking expired product is their fault one way or another isn't it?

and yeah im sorry but just go to a local market then go to WalMart it's not gonna be the same exact poo poo

They sell the same things other stores do (in regards to national brands and in particular non branded items like produce and meat.) If you want to be an obtuse rear end in a top hat and compare them to the absolute best possible quality available then yes their stuff loving sucks.

I was assuming that you were comparing a major retailer to other major retailers and saying that they got objectively worse items out of cheapness, not that Farmer John digging up some potatoes for you is a better quality than mass produced mass farmed potatoes laid out in bulk at a retailer.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Walmart is not regulated by the USDA and all of their meats, produce, and other foods that they sell are actually over a month old and injected with chemicals to preserve them.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fits my needs posted:

If there's anyone's word you can trust on this issue, it's the word of a fat Iowan insurance salesman.

I'm not really that fat though :confused:

Not fat enough to be described as a fat guy.

Take that back.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

They sell the same things other stores do (in regards to national brands and in particular non branded items like produce and meat.) If you want to be an obtuse rear end in a top hat and compare them to the absolute best possible quality available then yes their stuff loving sucks.

I was assuming that you were comparing a major retailer to other major retailers and saying that they got objectively worse items out of cheapness, not that Farmer John digging up some potatoes for you is a better quality than mass produced mass farmed potatoes laid out in bulk at a retailer.

Go re read my posts about electronics and apparel.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Yeah no poo poo the national brand stuff is the same lol, a LEGO set is a LEGO set.

But bro I'm sorry but I've worked in the food industry for years and the notion of "all food deliveries are the same, everyone gets the same stuff" is just abject loving nonsense :shrug:

Food suppliers themselves will consciously give stores that don't inspect or care much about the stock shittier older food knowing they can get away with it.

I'm sure there are WalMarts with great food departments but you're insisting that universally they all get the same poo poo as anyone else which I find hard to believe. The stock I reject in my restaurant's food delivery absolutely gets sold to someone else, it's not just tossed.

Moridin920 has a new favorite as of 21:21 on Aug 29, 2016

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Jastiger posted:

I'm not really that fat though :confused:

Not fat enough to be described as a fat guy.

Take that back.

Go re read my posts about electronics and apparel.

i've worked at the stores for a really long time, i don't need to because I know better than you what you are even talking about as I've been the one price matching those items, or ordering them as the department manager. Nobody is arguing those points.

The point that in some cases and circumstances they do sell substandard goods compared to other places has literally nothing to do with "I got sick from some meat so they sell garbage meat, and their produce is special already expired and poor quality produce because I know a restaurant"

They get the same food as anywhere else in regards to produce, fruit and meat and there is no mechanism to get cheap peaches that are almost rotted or something or ability to sell expired anything because regardless of all of you wanting to intuit evilness there are still checks and balances in place to prevent that kind of thing, lose people their jobs and provide constant checks and penalties.

Moridin920 posted:

But bro I'm sorry but I've worked in the food industry for years and the notion of "all food deliveries are the same, everyone gets the same stuff" is just abject loving nonsense :shrug:

restaurants are in a complete other dimension than major retail big box stores

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

The point that in some cases and circumstances they do sell substandard goods compared to other places has literally nothing to do with "I got sick from some meat so they sell garbage meat, and their produce is special already expired and poor quality produce because I know a restaurant"

lol that's not even what I said bro why are you so goddamn defensive over WalMart

I basically joked about eating some expired meat and said that was my lesson, no where did I say 'and therefore all their poo poo sucks.'

Fat Shat Sings posted:

but they aren't.

you keep insisting you are so much more knowledgeable and then you turn around and say some poo poo like this which reveals your utter ignorance of the supply chain beyond the deliveries coming into your warehouse. Sysco and WalMart get their poo poo from the same wholesalers and many WalMarts are concentrating on locally sourced things which means they are then absolutely competing with restaurants for suppliers.

For example, Carlsbad only produces so many strawberries and butter lettuces per harvest; retailers want them in their stores because 'locally sourced' and restaurants are also wanting those items.

Moridin920 has a new favorite as of 21:26 on Aug 29, 2016

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

lol that's not even what I said bro why are you so goddamn defensive over WalMart

I basically joked about eating some expired meat and said that was my lesson, no where did I say 'and therefore all their poo poo sucks.'

but they aren't.

I took this

Moridin920 posted:

The difference is though that local gas stations all generally get the same poo poo from the local refinery whereas WalMart absolutely uses its clout to get suppliers to do poo poo they wouldn't ordinarily do just special for WalMart.

Idk I bought some meat from WalMart in college because it was cheaper and my poo poo was green for 3 days and so was my vomit later that night and that was lesson enough.

Moridin920 posted:

I mean I know for a fact there are restaurants that take the bottom of the barrel stuff food suppliers have which was already rejected by other places because huge discount, there's no way it's impossible for a food department in a store to do the same.
Read this

"Wal mart absolutely uses it clout to get special treatment from suppliers. I got sick from some of their meat. I know for a fact that restaurants can take from the bottom of the barrel so it's not impossible Wal Mart can do the same.

and responded.

quote:

you keep insisting you are so much more knowledgeable and then you turn around and say some poo poo like this which reveals your utter ignorance of the supply chain beyond the deliveries coming into your warehouse. Sysco and WalMart get their poo poo from the same wholesalers and many WalMarts are concentrating on locally sourced things which means they are then absolutely competing with restaurants for suppliers.

sorry buddy but working in a restaurant isn't the same thing as working in a distribution network where you don't even do the ordering locally half the time and you are in a 8-10 store network dealing with units of purchase in the hundreds of tons.

I'm sure your lovely restaurant buys garbage food nobody else wants to save $400 on a night or something, but a big box retailer is getting literal tons per day of freight.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I took this

Read this

"Wal mart absolutely uses it clout to get special treatment from suppliers. I got sick from some of their meat. I know for a fact that restaurants can take from the bottom of the barrel so it's not impossible Wal Mart can do the same.

and responded.

well I deliberately put them into two separate paragraphs to avoid that exact insinuation

I then speculated on your food distribution without making any concrete accusations. I just said it's POSSIBLE they get the shittier stuff from the food suppliers to save some cash.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

sorry buddy but working in a restaurant isn't the same thing as working in a distribution network where you don't even do the ordering locally half the time and you are in a 8-10 store network dealing with units of purchase in the hundreds of tons.

I'm sure your lovely restaurant buys garbage food nobody else wants to save $400 on a night or something, but a big box retailer is getting literal tons per day of freight.

hello hi I'm the guy insisting that the distribution network picking up hundreds of tons for 8-10 stores is somehow able to deliver the exact same quality produce as the local Seaside market which buys directly from local farmers (which are the ones selling produce to your suppliers who then sell it to you in bulk, retard)

I mean geez just google 'Walmart local produce' and they're all over the place saying how they are trying to source locally n stuff and you're sitting here telling me there is 0 competition for the same produce even though everyone in town wants the local stuff.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

also do you even know what Sysco is? They probably buy just as much if not more bulk than the local Walmarts. I'm not talking about $400 of food in a delivery, I'm talking about the biggest food supplier in the nation. I *know* for a *fact* that they deliver shittier product to stores they know aren't going to complain about it and I can't believe whoever WalMart's supplier is isn't doing something similar, or that no WalMart anywhere doesn't take advantage of that for savings.

Moridin920 has a new favorite as of 21:35 on Aug 29, 2016

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I think burger king is going down the drain. The Whopperito is just proof of it

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

hello hi I'm the guy insisting that the distribution network picking up hundreds of tons for 8-10 stores is somehow able to deliver the exact same quality produce as the local Seaside market which buys directly from local farmers (which are the ones selling produce to your suppliers who then sell it to you in bulk, retard)

its easy to see why you poo poo up every topic in every thread if you are willfully this dense and just jump straight to some dumbass assumption and accuse me of it.

your entire point is that Wal mart, because it's bad and because it sells cheap other poo poo is somehow on purpose, with full knowledge somehow buying and selling the worst possible products because they are cheaper.

"Already Expired" "Bottom of the Barrel" "Things that made you sick" are ways you have described it, which is why I have argued that the scale is on the order of hundreds of thousands of pounds constantly going between all major retailers and that what you are saying is not only wrong but if you are basing it on your own personal restaurant experience it becomes outright stupid.

No poo poo if you compare a major retailer to local farmers markets their is going to be a quality difference.

Moridin920 posted:

also do you even know what Sysco is? They probably buy just as much if not more bulk than the local Walmarts. I'm not talking about $400 of food in a delivery, I'm talking about the biggest food supplier in the nation. I *know* for a *fact* that they deliver shittier product to stores they know aren't going to complain about it and I can't believe whoever WalMart's supplier is isn't doing something similar.

That's your problem, you are using intuition as the basis to your entire argument that we shouldn't even be having because you are completely wrong and are scrambling backwards to try and make up why you would be right.

And the reason they do that is largely based on specific store traffic, shittier stores with shittier sales aren't getting the top of the line premium things, which isn't being argued and applies to all retailers universally

you are somehow simultaneously arguing that nationwide food networks decide selectively who gets what quality items, yet are arguing that it's a wal mart specific conspiracy to put forth the cheapest poo poo possible, with someone who worked right there doing exactly what you are talking about is telling you that you are loving wrong from first hand experience in the thing you are talkign about.

Fat Shat Sings has a new favorite as of 21:38 on Aug 29, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

you are willfully this dense and just jump straight to some dumbass assumption and accuse me of it.

:ironicat:

Fat Shat Sings posted:

your entire point is that Wal mart, because it's bad and because it sells cheap other poo poo is somehow on purpose, with full knowledge somehow buying and selling the worst possible products because they are cheaper.

no you gently caress face, my entire point is lol if you're mad that your TV from WalMart was inferior bc no poo poo it's not just hundreds of dollars cheaper for no reason

Fat Shat Sings posted:

"Already Expired" "Bottom of the Barrel" "Things that made you sick" are ways you have described it, which is why I have argued that the scale is on the order of hundreds of thousands of pounds constantly going between all major retailers and that what you are saying is not only wrong but if you are basing it on your own personal restaurant experience it becomes outright stupid.

No poo poo if you compare a major retailer to local farmers markets their is going to be a quality difference.

YOUR SUPPLIERS GET poo poo FROM THE SAME FARMS THAT SYSCO DOES AND FOR A FACT THOSE FARMS SELL DIFFERENT QUALITY PRODUCE AT DIFFERENT PRICES AND FOR A FACT WALMART'S SUPPLIERS ARE NOT PAYING FOR THE 'PREMIUM' STUFF THAT GETS SOLD ELSEWHERE

idk how to put that any clearer.

My personal restaurant experience lol loving google Sysco already stop talking out your rear end in a top hat. No wonder you worked at WalMart.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

YOUR SUPPLIERS GET poo poo FROM THE SAME FARMS THAT SYSCO DOES AND FOR A FACT THOSE FARMS SELL DIFFERENT QUALITY PRODUCE AT DIFFERENT PRICES AND FOR A FACT WALMART'S SUPPLIERS ARE NOT PAYING FOR THE 'PREMIUM' STUFF THAT GETS SOLD ELSEWHERE

thank you for admitting that this is a nation wide issue, with the suppliers of foods that decide where they will best make money regardless of where or who it is being sold to and not some kind of Wal Mart specific conspiracy like you initially tried to argue.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Wal Mart specific conspiracy like you initially tried to argue.

yeah where did I say this? nowhere. I don't think anyone did and you're being way defensive about it. All they said was WalMart gets manufacturers to have specific WalMart production lines with crappier components to save money, which absolutely happens.

thank you for admitting WalMarts can and do cut costs where they can including getting shittier produce sometimes

quote:

suppliers of foods that decide where they will best make money regardless of where or who it is being sold to

yeah usually it is determined by who pays more and who is better about inspecting incoming shipments and giving the distributor poo poo about it

Moridin920 has a new favorite as of 21:44 on Aug 29, 2016

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I work at an ice cream shop so I'm going to go lecture the farmer about the treatment of his dairy cows because of my first hand exprience in something completely different that has nothing to do with anything that i'm talking about because I'm mordin"The Worst GBS Poster"920

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

i've worked at the stores for a really long time, i don't need to because I know better than you what you are even talking about as I've been the one price matching those items, or ordering them as the department manager. Nobody is arguing those points.

They get the same food as anywhere else in regards to produce, fruit and meat and there is no mechanism to get cheap peaches that are almost rotted or something or ability to sell expired anything because regardless of all of you wanting to intuit evilness there are still checks and balances in place to prevent that kind of thing, lose people their jobs and provide constant checks and penalties.

I TOO have done a price match *flex*. I feel like you're telling Moridin and myself that we're making points that we didn't actually make. It shows you clearly didn't read my posts and are just mad about something.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I heard that suppliers give Walmart poo poo products because Walmart doesn't give a poo poo and lets suppliers do whatever they want most of the time.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Jastiger posted:

I TOO have done a price match *flex*. I feel like you're telling Moridin and myself that we're making points that we didn't actually make. It shows you clearly didn't read my posts and are just mad about something.

I'm keeping Moridin out of the rest of GBS by fighting him for eternity here

(and the price matching was just that i've had people make the same arguments to me in person and saw how lovely they are with model numbers and poo poo. Nobody is arguing about electronics though which was my point)

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Jastiger posted:

Walmart owns

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Decrepus posted:

I heard that suppliers give Walmart poo poo products because Walmart doesn't give a poo poo and lets suppliers do whatever they want most of the time.

Walmart actively strong arms companies to cut prices wherever possible to the point where companies that actually make good products have Walmart specific models that are loving horrendous when it comes to quality and function.

Never buy if it's a model only available at Walmart, regardless of brand name. That's a dead giveaway that you're buying something lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

vyst posted:

Walmart owns

gently caress dude..just.....goddam thats some hosed up poo poo to say.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I'm keeping Moridin out of the rest of GBS by fighting him for eternity here

(and the price matching was just that i've had people make the same arguments to me in person and saw how lovely they are with model numbers and poo poo. Nobody is arguing about electronics though which was my point)

The conversation was entirely about electronics for a while there, duder. Its ok though you can admit you're wrong, no one will get super mad at you about it.

EvilJoven posted:

Walmart actively strong arms companies to cut prices wherever possible to the point where companies that actually make good products have Walmart specific models that are loving horrendous when it comes to quality and function.

Never buy if it's a model only available at Walmart, regardless of brand name. That's a dead giveaway that you're buying something lovely.

Correct.