Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Palpek posted:

I know there's nothing to talk about when it comes to this unreleased game but the livejournal level of posting here is pretty bad. At least make it WW1 relevant or something like list your top 3 WW1 general's mustache or whatever.

i watched a man gently caress a mcchicken, but it wasn't on a kaiser roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Only losers like Elliott Rodger watch anime

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also anime is intrinsically linked to the battlefield goons, so battlefield and anime chat kind of go hand in hand

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Anime is still for jerks.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/jackfrags/status/770251276022087680

bf1 male announcer is not great imo

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Are there animes about WW1? I need to know for research reasons.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Palpek posted:

I know there's nothing to talk about when it comes to this unreleased game but the livejournal level of posting here is pretty bad. At least make it WW1 relevant or something like list your top 3 WW1 general's mustache or whatever.

This is basically less of a WWI game and more of a WWW* game.

*Wild Wild West (1999)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Knifegrab posted:

Are there animes about WW1? I need to know for research reasons.

WW1 is kind of under(un?)represented in anime. lots of ww2 tho.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

It's just as meh as the female one, as they both are just so generic and emotionless. I guess :dice: decided to make it so as there's too many factions to make side specific announcer VO :shrug:

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Rolling Scissors posted:

It's just as meh as the female one, as they both are just so generic and emotionless. I guess :dice: decided to make it so as there's too many factions to make side specific announcer VO :shrug:

They could have gotten any of the VAs from single player to record these but for whatever reason they let the intern do it.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Backhand posted:

Hetalia is not even the worst; there is a manga / game / anime series which un-ironically stars the anthropomorphic personifications of Japanese WW2 battleships. It's apparently fairly popular too.

Talking about uboatte?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
just a heads up, any server run by SomethingAwful Forums members that isn't KFS is gonna be a hangout for losers who should go back to /r/gaming or minecraft something. all the chill people with attractive, not-fat partners and funny jokes will be on KFS. everybody else already got stuffed in a locker.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:yikes:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that just sounds like a barrel of laughs i tell you what

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
yeah, get back in that locker.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

TenementFunster posted:

just a heads up, any server run by SomethingAwful Forums members that isn't KFS is gonna be a hangout for losers who should go back to /r/gaming or minecraft something. all the chill people with attractive, not-fat partners and funny jokes will be on KFS. everybody else already got stuffed in a locker.

im sorry that you are server was so poo poo that none of its regulars still play Battlefield anymore.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

DoctorStrangelove posted:

im sorry that you are server was so poo poo that none of its regulars still play Battlefield anymore.
people still play BF4? or are you talking about the time people played Hardline for about a weekend? also you're welcome for getting your thread back on the first page.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Why are we using Mumble when stuff like Discord exsists?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TenementFunster posted:

yeah, get back in that locker.

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tab8715 posted:

Why are we using Mumble when stuff like Discord exsists?

because mumble is good, and discord is less good. ive been on lots of discord servers and VOIP ends up being an afterthought, whereas with mumble you are getting on for VOIP

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
does anyone know a way to get an open beta code still? i know they had a sign up but i guess i missed it

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Grody posted:

does anyone know a way to get an open beta code still? i know they had a sign up but i guess i missed it

If you did sign up you'll be emailed one tomorrow. Otherwise you'll be able to get it on Wednesday without any need for a code or anything.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Palpek posted:

Will this do?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsF5Mg6DXiM

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

So thus far the thread is people crying about their immersion, people complaining about the gameplay before playing and anime chat. I can't wait until the game has been out a week and it's just anime again.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Lazyfire posted:

So thus far the thread is people crying about their immersion, people complaining about the gameplay before playing and anime chat. I can't wait until the game has been out a week and it's just anime again.

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm still crying about Franz Ferdinand.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lazyfire posted:

:same:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Eonwe posted:

because mumble is good, and discord is less good. ive been on lots of discord servers and VOIP ends up being an afterthought, whereas with mumble you are getting on for VOIP

What...?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

DoctorStrangelove posted:

This game also lets you strap a pack of dynamite to a horse and ram it into a tank, a feature I'm told many people are looking forward to.

http://i.imgur.com/xL7RfdM.gifv

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Well that's loving stupid.

Do the horses at least have a neigh? Last time these dipshits let a game out of their office building they didn't include horns in the game, for any vehicles.... in 2013. And it took like 30 days to patch them in.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Sick preload DICE. Now I get to play the beta a whole hour earlier than anyone else...

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

If I had pre-ordered this game I would have cancelled it so loving hard.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

...And I just upgraded to Deluxe.
Motherfucking scam artists.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

What the gently caress is this poo poo. This better be a alpha limitation.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

keyframe posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo. This better be a alpha limitation.

i think we know the answer to this.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

#There'sNoHorsesinFoxholes.

Fix your game DICE

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Ah, good.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Sick preload DICE. Now I get to play the beta a whole hour earlier than anyone else...

What are you talking about?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

beedeebee posted:

What are you talking about?

Early access codes were are being sent out. 7.1GB download. I was just about to go to bed, too...

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I just got my open beta invite suck it losers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Just got my beta key in the mail. As someone that played like eight hours of BF in the last 5 years, I should be ready!