Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Oh man I worked at Walmart for a year in my 20s and I can tell Shat is one of those true believers that enthusiastically does the cheer every day and gets a little boner at the squiggle.

Edit: I found the OP

Hail Mr. Satan! has a new favorite as of 22:06 on Aug 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Jastiger posted:

The conversation was entirely about electronics for a while there, duder. Its ok though you can admit you're wrong, no one will get super mad at you about it.

Nah that was a meth addled trucker arguing with that one idiot rear end in a top hat, nobody is talking about any of that for fear of them coming back to continue it.

if it makes you feel better correct "Nobody is arguing that" to "nobody who knows what they are talking about is arguing that"

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Oh man I worked at Walmart for a year in my 20s and I can tell Shat is one of those true believers that enthusiastically does the cheer every day and gets a little boner at the squiggle.

fun fact, i despise wal mart. People just keep saying objectively wrong things because they are using their own intuition and what makes sense to them.

Like if someone comes out and says, completely serious, that Donald Trump took part in the massacres in Darfur i'd argue that point if I had proof to the contrary. Which doesn't make me a Donald Trump supporter.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Lmao that there are goons rushing to the defense of mother loving Walmart and the Walton's, just lmao. loving god drat lol

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
As someone who has gotten drunk and touched the poop® a few times, this thread is balls deep in the poop®

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
The Walton family is so loving deplorable it's a moral imperative to do everything you legally can to harm that family.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Captain Yossarian posted:

Lmao that there are goons rushing to the defense of mother loving Walmart and the Walton's, just lmao. loving god drat lol

nah the company is bad enough that people don't have to outright make poo poo up about them. If they are literal evil and are driving millions into further poverty it doesn't solve anything by trying to pretend that their toilet paper really is a special brand of cottonelle that is only 1.5 ply instead of 2 ply in some kind of conspiracy to mislead consumers. They do plenty of obvious poo poo that is widely verified to call them out on.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jastiger posted:

I feel like you're telling Moridin and myself that we're making points that we didn't actually make. It shows you clearly didn't read my posts and are just mad about something.

but also

EvilJoven posted:

The Walton family is so loving deplorable it's a moral imperative to do everything you legally can to harm that family.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

did this thread get moved to pyf?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

nah the company is bad enough that people don't have to outright make poo poo up about them. If they are literal evil and are driving millions into further poverty it doesn't solve anything by trying to pretend that their toilet paper really is a special brand of cottonelle that is only 1.5 ply instead of 2 ply in some kind of conspiracy to mislead consumers. They do plenty of obvious poo poo that is widely verified to call them out on.

Lol you just can't help yourself.

Content: WHole Foods. I think Whole Foods is going down as people realize just how expensive their stuff is for not-that-much-better quality. Even if you genuinely like their stuff, its almost prohibitively expensive to shop there for like 80% of Americans and people are figuring that out.

Also there as a company called FRESH MARKET or something that had a GRAND OPENING here...and closed in less than 8 months haha what the gently caress.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Walmart isn't circling the drain; Walmart is the drain. :smaug:

am i doing this thred right?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
The only good thing about Walmart is that its behavior ensures that eventually the entire Walton family is going to be beaten to death when an angry mob finally corners them and their hired security runs out of bullets and runs.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
how has the thread about failing companies spent two days on a derail about walmart

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Kinda hard to talk about failing companies without the subject of why they're failing coming up.

The Why is Walmart.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Adix posted:

how has the thread about failing companies spent two days on a derail about walmart

don't ask me, dude. don't ask me.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Darth123123 posted:

wtf I click through to see a software development bachelors. Why pay this when you can just go to your real state school?

http://programinfo.itt-tech.edu/posi/cost.pdf

Cost

How much will this program cost me?*

Tuition and fees: $89,040

:lol: You can go in-state at UC Berkeley, the #1 public school for CS for $52k in tuition.
I'm guessing that those two schools are probably not competing for the same applicant pool

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I went to benson vile (Mecca) a few years ago to pitch a thing. Wasn't a product, but a contract that they'd participate in selling those analog to digital converters for the Feds. It was an experience being in one of "those rooms". White walls, big shot clock up on the wall, barren furniture. Building was essentially a strip mall. World headquarters mind you. We are huge and it took forever to get the meeting. They arrived 15 min late to our 1/2 HR preso. 3 people. It was about 500m$ for them in 6 months.

They are the cause of a lot of issues in this world economy, while still saving it.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jastiger posted:

Lol you just can't help yourself.

Content: WHole Foods. I think Whole Foods is going down as people realize just how expensive their stuff is for not-that-much-better quality. Even if you genuinely like their stuff, its almost prohibitively expensive to shop there for like 80% of Americans and people are figuring that out.

Also there as a company called FRESH MARKET or something that had a GRAND OPENING here...and closed in less than 8 months haha what the gently caress.

it's important to point out that many many people have the mistaken belief that organic food is somehow healthier for you and how this interacts w/ the american idea of treating food as medicine for your body

it really shouldn't be surprising that each whole foods has a large woo woo section to capture as much of this as possible

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

bunnyofdoom posted:

I think burger king is going down the drain. The Whopperito is just proof of it

They've been going down the drain since they offered to let you pay them to put fries in your burger for you.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Ork of Fiction posted:

Walmart isn't circling the drain; Walmart is the drain. :smaug:

am i doing this thred right?

You are never going to start a 20 page argument with a post like that.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

some rear end in a top hat: walmart sucks

some other rear end in a top hat: nuh uh

continue for 20 loving pageseternity

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Fat Shat Sings posted:

come on man, that one bitch idiot screeching about things he intuited was enough

wal mart gets the same poo poo as any other place.

hmm yeah because their well known practice of making new skus for walmart-specific products that continually keeps being described in this thread has no application to food or the food industry. in fact, every single grocery store gets their food from the same place. there's no competition between produce suppliers or even between producers. u know, because nationwide, every store gets the same food from the same place

nigga crab pollock has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Aug 30, 2016

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

nigga crab pollock posted:

hmm yeah because their well known practice of making new skus for walmart-specific products that continually keeps being described in this thread has no application to food or the food industry. in fact, every single grocery store gets their food from the same place. there's no competition between produce suppliers or even between producers. u know, because nationwide, every store gets the same food from the same place

sorry that slapfight is over, the thread is now about ITT Tech

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC

Jastiger posted:

Fresh Market is legit good. They don't sell household supplies like Publixes so I still shop at both.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I feel like every town I've been through lately has what used to be a Pizza Hut. I don't even see them advertise any more.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Beastie posted:

I feel like every town I've been through lately has what used to be a Pizza Hut. I don't even see them advertise any more.

pizza hut's dine in buffets used to be legit good. then 9/11 happened.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Beastie posted:

It's still weird to me that when I was a kid, Pizza Hut was like an event. The place was gigantic and packed with people every day of the week. Always a party going on and everything. Now they look like a Taco Bell with a red roof and they barely have anywhere for anyone to even sit. I mean I don't really care because I'd never go there as an adult nor would I subject my child to that horrible excuse for pizza but what the hell happened? You could argue "good pizzerias opened" but this was in Brooklyn so they always had good pizzerias. But kids begged and begged for Pizza Hut.

Seriously though what did they do wrong? Stopped offering cool toys and stuff with the meal?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

It's still weird to me that when I was a kid, Pizza Hut was like an event. The place was gigantic and packed with people every day of the week. Always a party going on and everything. Now they look like a Taco Bell with a red roof and they barely have anywhere for anyone to even sit. I mean I don't really care because I'd never go there as an adult nor would I subject my child to that horrible excuse for pizza but what the hell happened? You could argue "good pizzerias opened" but this was in Brooklyn so they always had good pizzerias. But kids begged and begged for Pizza Hut.

Seriously though what did they do wrong? Stopped offering cool toys and stuff with the meal?

Zio Giornio

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

They removed The Big Foot from their menu.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Pizza Hut used to be a big player in international politics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgm14D1jHUw

what happened

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
used to basically min/max getting the book club or whatever personal pan pizzas as a kid and my parents hated it. loving owned, its pizza night bitches I read a bunch of lovely books this week.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Every fast food joint is a treat when you're not an adult who can make terrible dietary decisions on a daily basis.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Pizza Hut used to be a big player in international politics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgm14D1jHUw

what happened

This makes me think of this for some reason

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

They removed The Big Foot from their menu.

Fun fact, that was created by the current ceo of Nintendo of America

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

When I was a kid it was Mr. Gatti's Pizza. They were all over the place and at one point there was a Gatti Town which had a huge arcade and accommodations to host birthday parties and school events and poo poo. Then sometime in the late-90s or so Papa John's rolled in and that was the new hot poo poo pizza and the Gatti's locations started closing or being replaced with Papa John's and Dominoes and Pizza Hut and such.

I haven't seen one in years but according to google maps there are still ~10 locations around Austin, though they're all out in the suburbs so I guess they're not circling the drain but they definitely are not as big as they once were.

And holy poo poo their pizza was awful, but at the time we didn't know any better.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I love Walmart

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

DemeaninDemon posted:

Sort of like a Safeway or Albertsons or whatever grocery store exists between Walmart supercenter and Trader Joe's.
trader joes is often cheaper than safeway tbh (all of course depending on what you get or if there's a really nice club/just4u discount).

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Wal Mart is just a store that I don't shop at and I don't care who shops there because thats their business :unsmith:

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Xaris posted:

trader joes is often cheaper than safeway tbh (all of course depending on what you get or if there's a really nice club/just4u discount).

I remember a few years ago getting a 6 pack of Simpler Times (knock off PBR) for 2.50 from Trader Joe's. As long as you avoid the frozen prepared foods and things like milk TJs is pretty cheap.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?
Fun fact: if you live in a town that doesn't have a barrio or has a barrio you don't feel safe going to, Trader Joe's some passable flour tortillas. But they used be like $4.50 for a ten pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Adix posted:

This thread is circling the drain, just like the companies we're talking about.

Same here. Just thinking about the sit-down Pizza Hut locations with the jukeboxes and the salad bars brings back memories, plus I dare say the pizza was actually decent back then (early to mid 90s).

I know there are still plenty of Pizza Huts with dine-in areas, but I haven't seen a single one since moving to the outskirts of Atlanta.

90s Solo Cup has a new favorite as of 03:40 on Aug 30, 2016