Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

As opposed to Flareon and Jolteon?

Whatchu saying about my good friends Booster and Thunders (who is not Thunder, which is not Thunder the move)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
You're nuts if you don't go all-in on etherberries.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Zoness posted:

I'm willing to breed for perfect IVs on hasty protean greninjas but I am not willing to play the lovely maintain this berry for 4 days game.

Especially because what am I even using leppa berries for at this point except for the recycle slowbro set.

They moved it down to one day in ORAS, It's p cool

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
I took all the single-berry trees in Route 123's plot and replanted them, and am now in the process of getting 20-30 of each "blocks a super-effective move" one. I LOVE PLANT

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
gently caress chople berries and to a lesser extent gently caress yache berries

by which I mean rip my poor lucario and mamoswine

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I want all the good berries poke bros. I want to made so many Rainbow Pokeblocks + and have the most luxurious, classiest monsters ever

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

jsut let me buy berries. please. i have so much money and ive bought all of the clothes

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

sharrrk posted:

jsut let me buy berries. please. i have so much money and ive bought all of the clothes

:same:

but also put more clothes in the game. i need to play even more dressup

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

sharrrk posted:

Can you buy clothes in ORAS? Where, friend?

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Rygar201 posted:

You can't buy clothes, but do you know what you can do? Plant berries, and then get more berries and plant them too.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

i'm sorry

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Speaking of berries, a friend of mine recently managed to get 999 of every berry after starting the process early January. It was the only reason he felt like playing Gen 6 postgame at all. I have to commend him but I also have to wonder what the heck.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I'm going through and trying to complete the National Dex before Sun and Moon arrive, and since you can't transfer items through Pokémon Bank I don't think there's anything else I could do to try and "prep" for Sun and Moon. Are any of you guys doing anything before launch to get ready?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I bought Y and started playing it in 2014 and then got to the part where they taught me how to do yard work and I stopped playing for two years

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The thing that bugs me about knock off is that you'd think sticky hold would neuter it but you still take the bonus damage despite not losing your item. So its still an underwhelming ability.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Reik posted:

I'm going through and trying to complete the National Dex before Sun and Moon arrive, and since you can't transfer items through Pokémon Bank I don't think there's anything else I could do to try and "prep" for Sun and Moon. Are any of you guys doing anything before launch to get ready?
The Pokémon Global Link is shutting down late October, so if you have any spare miles buy what you need and use them on guys you'd want to transfer (PP Ups, Ability Capsules, Master Balls, etc.)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Internet Kraken posted:

The thing that bugs me about knock off is that you'd think sticky hold would neuter it but you still take the bonus damage despite not losing your item. So its still an underwhelming ability.

And yet things like megastones and the Grieseous Orb don't trigger the bonus damage.

its real dumb.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

They called the "NUCLEAR"-type Eeveelution "NUCLEON"

You've got to be joking

Radeon is so much more obvious

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think Knock Off would be best if its power were somewhere in between where it used to be and where it currently is.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
what if it just weren't one of the best attacking types in the game, a type with no immunities and with only 2-3 pokemon that can really punish someone for throwing out dark moves on the switch-in.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Maybe just remove the 50% damage bonus? 20 BP is too horrible to make use of, but a 97.5 BP move that can remove items (which applies to nearly every Pokemon in a multiplayer battle) is really dumb.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Alxprit posted:

Speaking of berries, a friend of mine recently managed to get 999 of every berry after starting the process early January. It was the only reason he felt like playing Gen 6 postgame at all. I have to commend him but I also have to wonder what the heck.

once you start, berry growing can easily turn into a sickness. I remember for a few months in 2004, I was planting and watering berries nearly every day on Ruby. I had hundreds of every berry that could easily be obtained. It wasn't Pokemon Ruby anymore, it was Berry Farming Simulator 2004. This also happened in Pearl soon after it came out. I was sort of relieved when it wasn't a big feature in gen V, because it meant I couldn't get sucked in. and then it wasn't as fun in Gen VI because it was just one large patch.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

For me it's accessible because the map reminds me when I'm on a route where I planted berries. There's a lot of plots on my regular rematch and egg steps route, and there are two plots by the daycare too.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
The berry mutations were a fun game to play in the post-game. I'm sure it won't be back for Sun moon.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Abundant Atrophy posted:

The berry mutations were a fun game to play in the post-game. I'm sure it won't be back for Sun moon.

... There are berry mutations?!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rygar201 posted:

... There are berry mutations?!

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Berry_fields#Mutation

uh yeah and I got all of these :negative:

well mostly the ev berries but salac berry and petaya berry too because those are cool

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how come I only ever have 2 friends on my in game dealio when I know have like 8 3ds friends with pokemon

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Super No Vacancy posted:

how come I only ever have 2 friends on my in game dealio when I know have like 8 3ds friends with pokemon

They need to have gone online in a pokemon game at the same time as you.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
But why did you play that flute to literally summon God and what other things have any of the other legendaries since done to measure up to it

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
And what's the justification for putting the literal creator of the universe, the first and the last, in a little metal sphere to lug around with your sombrero plant duck and fire monkey

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hmm better question: why does the flute look like an exploud

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Calaveron posted:

And what's the justification for putting the literal creator of the universe, the first and the last, in a little metal sphere to lug around with your sombrero plant duck and fire monkey

If I could do it, I would. And if anyone would seek justification I'd just beat them in a Pokemon battle with my literal God.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I bet even Ash's Pikachu would have a hard time with that one.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

GlitchThief posted:

I bet even Ash's Pikachu would have a hard time with that one.

I dunno, arceus looks like he has a lot of horns to aim for

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i think the only actually accessable arceus event was when you took him to that weird cave and he made a baby dialga/palkia/giratina for you after flashing a bunch of real-world images

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqCAVzMI1C8&t=357s

still a weird thing

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Calaveron posted:

So you can beat up other kids doing the same thing duh

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Seriously, it's a super rare, super strong Pokemon. It's "Gotta Catch 'Em All" not "Gotta Catch The lovely Ones."

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Can you really describe that which existed before time because He willed it into existence and will exist after the end because He willed it so as just "super strong" and "super rare"?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Calaveron posted:

Can you really describe that which existed before time because He willed it into existence and will exist after the end because He willed it so as just "super strong" and "super rare"?

I mean it's not that rare I gots 2 of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The Arceus you catch isn't the actual creator god. It's just an avatar of the real thing.

It's one of the 'thousand hands' that the Pokedex describes him as having.