Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Augus posted:

Gotta love that guest animator, this animation is beautiful.

For real. I can feel the impact when Stevonnie catches that axe on their shield.

Shima Honnou posted:

Everyone brings up Gohan's outfit and other DBZ stuff, but Connie's training outfit also closely resembles feminine martial arts uniforms from Sri Lankan arts just with Gohan's colors. It's also worth noting that these martial arts happen to rely a lot on swords and both twirling and jumping attackings. Maheswaran is a Tamil name that you would find in Sri Lanka.

And the swords they use tend to be heavy, straight-bladed sabers like Rose's sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Well I guess this isn't official merchandise :nws:-ish.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Just when I needed a new doormat, the universe provides.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

why a doormat

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

How broken do you have to be to go "Yes, this is what I will put outside my house, for the world to see."?

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Farg posted:

why a doormat

Well, it's Pearl...

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

:prepop:

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Farg posted:

why a doormat

Maybe if you have a thing for stepping on boobies or something? I guess??

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

The marijuana leaves take that from "sad" to "internet gold" imo

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ships from and sold by: A door mat.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

:barf:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So I fell behind on this show and mainlined everything from about Bismuth to current and JESUS that was a whirlwind of emotions.

Why is this show so goddamn goooooood it hurts, but in a good way, like stretching your legs.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Here's something it's that's totally work safe and not horrifically sexualized Lapis Lazuli merchandise. http://bad-dragon.com/products/wavebreaker

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Here's something it's that's totally work safe and not horrifically sexualized Lapis Lazuli merchandise. http://bad-dragon.com/products/wavebreaker

Pro click. Not the material I expected.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

misadventurous posted:

The marijuana leaves take that from "sad" to "internet gold" imo

:yeah:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Obviously with that Adventure Zone reference, we gotta get the McElroys in the studio for an episode.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Waffleman_ posted:

Obviously with that Adventure Zone reference, we gotta get the McElroys in the studio for an episode.

We haven't seen any holiday in the show right? what if Greg uses his vast fortune to take Steven to Empire City for a Candle Nights MBMBAM Live Special?

Steven, they specifically said No Bummers.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Steven has to face the most deadly corrupted gem yet... GLASS SHARK!!

Buckets fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 30, 2016

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Lapis is probably my favorite non-core gem. Something about her attitude reminds me of an old friend, who admittedly struggled with depression.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
How big is the Stevonnie-Garnet fusion going to be? Sugilite sized?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I can't imagine Connie is able to fuse with any gems.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Steven will be the glue to gems and humans - yet another Eva parallel.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Waffleman_ posted:

at last, the perfect fusion, gemboy

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Lapis is probably my favorite non-core gem. Something about her attitude reminds me of an old friend, who admittedly struggled with depression.

I've BEEN struggling with depression and it is eerie how much I empathize with Lapis.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Philip Rivers posted:

I can't imagine Connie is able to fuse with any gems.

Greg never fused with Rose but the biggest problem with Connie fusing is that I have no idea what a Connie/Pearl fusion would be called. :confused:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Greg never fused with Rose but the biggest problem with Connie fusing is that I have no idea what a Connie/Pearl fusion would be called. :confused:

Connie... Pearl... Peonniarl.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Oh MAN you are in for a hell of a ride (if you haven't binged on all of the eps yet). Some of the finest storytelling, huge laughs and surprisingly poignant stuff too. I would pray to Pan to get a Adventure Zone short animated by folks from the Crewniverse someday.

No, yeah, I binged it in no time, haha.
Though I've been saving the most recent episode for a 5 hour drive that I have on Thursday.

Such a great podcast. It really does deserve to be animated.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Coral, and she has water powers and brightly-colored swords.

Everyone: Feel free to use this idea in your fan fictions.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Speedball posted:

I've BEEN struggling with depression and it is eerie how much I empathize with Lapis.

I read something by one of the writers, maybe Rebecca Sugar, about how they loved writing for Lapis because they wanted an example of someone with PTSD and/or depression that didn't have to "get better".

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Gangringo posted:

I read something by one of the writers, maybe Rebecca Sugar, about how they loved writing for Lapis because they wanted an example of someone with PTSD and/or depression that didn't have to "get better".

That was Lauren Zuke iirc who is cool and queer and I'm glad she's on the Crew.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Is Lauren still run off the internet or has she come back?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

She posted this on her Tumblr the other day

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Lauren Zuke is a treasure and I hope I can eventuallyl see her daily ramblings somewhere again.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

nerdman42 posted:

Lauren Zuke is a treasure and I hope I can eventuallyl see her daily ramblings somewhere again.

Agree.

I'm glad she's still posting occasional art thing to tumblr...

( via http://laurenzuke.tumblr.com/post/149191671324 )

with a pointer to this, which is just amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_SlAzsXa7E

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ooh, I'm tempted to finally replace the Mayor with this if nobody's called dibs. Not sure what the text should be, though...maybe "Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust"

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
From what I groked out of her final tweets (and there were similar instances before hand) her leaving was less being ran off and more that she just needed to get away (with many different reasons contributing to her getting to that point)

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Coral, and she has water powers and brightly-colored swords. has to stay in the house.

Slightly fixed.

I think any Connie fusions will also include Steven, although I don't think there will be many/any of them other than Stevonnie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Raserys posted:

at last, the perfect fusion, gemboy

"This question comes to us from Quartz in Beach City. 'My mother died before I was born, but she was a very important person to the people around me. Some people from my mom's life have come back into the picture, and my loved ones are expecting me to take her place, and I don't know if I can do that without letting them down. What should I do?'"

"Yeah, this always sucks. You just gotta be yourself, there's no way you can completely live up to people's expectations of your mom. Unless..."

"Unless..."

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

These are amazing.

source

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

God, I haven't watched Scott Pilgrim in years, don't tempt me to watch it tomorrow!