Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

dis astranagant posted:

Death Squad 2 just dropped. Death Squad and Transport Defenders were pretty good so I'm expecting it to be alright http://www.kongregate.com/games/IDNoise/death-squad-2

I thought about linking that but I decided to wait until I'd actually tried it and started seeing some red flags:

* Flying poo poo you have to 'catch' with your cursor for more cash
* Flying balls you have to click 20 times or so to get bonuses, one of which will effectively help you skip a wave
* Seemed laggy
* "Loyalty" bonus for watching ads, which goes down by 1 every time you return to the game
* New equipment drops in boxes... which can if you're unlucky all end up lost for good... and it doesn't even correctly reduce your carried boxes to 0!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I thought about linking that but I decided to wait until I'd actually tried it and started seeing some red flags:

* "Loyalty" bonus for watching ads, which goes down by 1 every time you return to the game

Haven't hit any lag yet but I'm sure it'll happen eventually. That in the middle there is basically a requirement for hosting a thing on Kongregate at this point and the rest just seem to be an excuse for active play that you can ignore if you want. Boxes appear to autocollect so I guess you only lose them if you don't pull back from a boss fast enough?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

Haven't hit any lag yet but I'm sure it'll happen eventually. That in the middle there is basically a requirement for hosting a thing on Kongregate at this point and the rest just seem to be an excuse for active play that you can ignore if you want. Boxes appear to autocollect so I guess you only lose them if you don't pull back from a boss fast enough?

Yeah I know all of that as far as the non-lost-box stuff it just rubs me the wrong way. As for losing boxes no way, I had more than enough DPS and health to survive things and as I recall it didn't happen on a boss wave anyway. They do autocollect and they continued to autocollect afterwards which is how I know that's currently broken right now. I can't help but feel it needs some more time in the oven is all.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I can't help but feel it needs some more time in the oven is all.

If I was worried about that I'd never try a new idle game until it was too late to talk about it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

dis astranagant posted:

If I was worried about that I'd never try a new idle game until it was too late to talk about it.

Getting in too early in an idle game gives you a save that is always at end game where you breeze through content. Getting in the day an idle game is released is almost always a sure way to get way ahead of the curve and have balance changes making what you did impossible and without content for 9 months while the dev makes content for everything he just neutered while you keep idleing at or close to max intiger value.

Not that you can't just hard reset most games!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Fellis posted:

How do you hack it? I got to the end of kittengame like three years ago and I wouldn't want to play through 90% of that

I'll figure it out again later and post some of the commands, but even if you repeatedly max out your basic resources, it's still a long slog.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Speaking of long slogs, when does Trimps speed up? Do I need the final Scientist upgrades or what?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

To be honest, Trimps is kind of a slow burn as far as progress goes. It's still pretty fun and gets updated every couple weeks though.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Setting up AutoTrimps to play repeat challenges while you sleep is a good way to get plenty of helium and subjectively progress considerably faster than you could by yourself, but otherwise yeah it's slow.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Turns out Death Squad 2 has items that autocollect gears but so far they're only found on rare items.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Rare at least you get 5 starter keys for. Have you found any extras yet or am I right in my suspicion that those are effectively locked out unless you throw Kreds at the game?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I feel like AutoTrimps would just deflate all my interest in playing :v:

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Fellis posted:

How do you hack it? I got to the end of kittengame like three years ago and I wouldn't want to play through 90% of that

Use Cheat Engine on chrome with the -no-sandbox flag

Select the second from the bottom process, set the speed hack to 50x and voila, the game is actually enjoyable. Even with 50x the steel middle game is a slog, but at least it's better than waiting 2 months for your first reset.

50x is about the upper limit of noticeable speed increase.

Also use KittenScientist. You can customize the crap out of it to automatically do a lot of stuff for you.

Here's the difference in speed:

Garfu fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Aug 30, 2016

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Rare at least you get 5 starter keys for. Have you found any extras yet or am I right in my suspicion that those are effectively locked out unless you throw Kreds at the game?

I only just got my second ship. But it is looking like the key packs are locked behind kreds and login bonuses, otherwise you get to spend squad points raising the drop rates.
I was playing it fast and loose with the word "rare", btw. I got that bonus on a green item.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Garfu posted:

Select the second from the bottom process, set the speed hack to 50x and voila, the game is actually enjoyable. Even with 50x the steel middle game is a slog, but at least it's better than waiting 2 months for your first reset.

Also use KittenScientist. You can customize the crap out of it to automatically do a lot of stuff for you.

Did they ever flesh out space travel? Last time I played you had planets to visit but nothing to do when you got there.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Yeah, there's a whole lot more at the end now. Every planet has stuff on it and I think there are like 8 of them although I only saw 5 before I reset. They've added a bunch of mechanics mostly dealing with the mid to end game. I only started playing it again because they just recently merged like 6 months of updates from something like 20 contributors.

It's still slow as he'll without speed hacking it though.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Garfu posted:

Yeah, there's a whole lot more at the end now. Every planet has stuff on it and I think there are like 8 of them although I only saw 5 before I reset. They've added a bunch of mechanics mostly dealing with the mid to end game. I only started playing it again because they just recently merged like 6 months of updates from something like 20 contributors.

It's still slow as he'll without speed hacking it though.

My save's broke as gently caress (thousands of necrocorns, maxed out many religion buildings) but it looks like relics and antimatter are going to take approximately forever to get here so meh.

e: I think I'm dropping Death Squad 2. It's too much fiddling around for no gain.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Aug 30, 2016

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
For anyone still playing Realm Grinder, a new event has started.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Xelkelvos posted:

For anyone still playing Realm Grinder, a new event has started.

It's the 'Summer' event. You click blue or red orbs that sometimes appear (like golden cookies in Cookie Clicker) and if you have 400 you can align with either summer or winter, for short production boosts or growing bonuses respectively.

...or you can buy 75 of either orb for 5 rubies.

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Aug 30, 2016

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Unlike golden cookies, they stay around (and stack up) if you don't click on them. There's a max size to the stack so you'd want to check in within 8 hours, but beyond that you don't have to pay much attention.

People in chat are saying that to get all the upgrades (and hence complete the quests/feats) it'll be 3d, 3h per faction or 6d, 6h total. The event lasts 6d, 18h, so there's a little bit of wiggle room but not a lot. This is ignoring scrying bonuses, which are effectively a 4-hour, 20% boost to orb accumulation. If my napkin math is right, consistent scrying knocks the time requirement down to 5d, 5h, which is a lot more wiggle room.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
AutoTrimps changes the game into playing with the settings for optimizing perks and runs; it's still amusing, just a different kind of amusing.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Popped in to check up on the current flavour of the moment. Thanks for Infiroad you jerks. :argh:

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Xtanstic posted:

Went to my dealer to see how his business was. Thanks for herion you jerks. :argh:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

In my defense, sometimes you guys link a game that has a cool concept but fails to hook me like the mining one (???) or reactor one? But yeah I needed a fix to help me procrastinate on my work so I have no regrets.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
What's the end of Infiroad, anyway? I mean I know logically it has no end, but I'm already on the the tens of thousands of levels and gameplay doesn't seem to be evolving anymore, it's just click all the ability buttons and wave my mouse around until the abilities stop.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

We only offer the finest artisinal bespoke, handcrafted, owner-operated, mom n' pop clickers here.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Cerepol posted:

We only offer the finest artisinal bespoke, handcrafted, owner-operated, mom n' pop clickers here.

You're talking about the shark game, right?
http://cirri.al/sharks/

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

jon joe posted:

What's the end of Infiroad, anyway? I mean I know logically it has no end, but I'm already on the the tens of thousands of levels and gameplay doesn't seem to be evolving anymore, it's just click all the ability buttons and wave my mouse around until the abilities stop.
You run out of achievements and get the final relic (which has only one level and references a not-yet-released Challenge Mode and says it's a work in progress) at floor 100,000. No new skills and there's only the three tiers of relics and they cap at like level 500 so the mythril will be there to cap all of them by the time you get there.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

You're talking about the shark game, right?
http://cirri.al/sharks/

NO YOU FOOL YOU'VE DRAGGED ME BACK IN

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
You know, the one thing I really would like in Shark Game is if Whale Choruses accumulated from world to world. They're slow producers, but it'd be nice if after visiting a few dozen worlds you had a small trickle from all those whales.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Infiniroad is so great. It's so satisfying about being stuck on a boss for a bit without even denting his hp, then watching the loving wave of buddies roll up and just plowing right through him like he wasn't even there. :allears:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Death Squad 2 updated and I no longer hate it; equipment automatically upgrades itself after runs so you don't have to futz with that anymore, and the balls now only require three clicks which is much easier to activate at will (also whatever was causing lag on my end isn't as bad anymore for whatever reason). However the author recently had a kid and so there's not going to be any more updates for a while.

Infiroad is still way more fun. :colbert:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Oh my god Infiniroad is so great once you get past the hump and start breaking everything apart

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Death Squad 2 updated and I no longer hate it; equipment automatically upgrades itself after runs so you don't have to futz with that anymore, and the balls now only require three clicks which is much easier to activate at will (also whatever was causing lag on my end isn't as bad anymore for whatever reason). However the author recently had a kid and so there's not going to be any more updates for a while.

Infiroad is still way more fun. :colbert:

If his wife was expecting, why did he release a new idle game? They need so much tweaking early on that all momentum is going to be lost by the players. He should have not released until after he could code again unless it really is just a cash grab to get stuff for the kid.

Idle games tend to have hilarious bugs and exploits and sometimes they are complete but rarely so soon out the gate.

I like Infiroad but its' a bit short. It feels pretty complete, but you are left wanting more. In Swarm Simulator at the very end I had my fill and just wanted to get the last few achievements (which were pretty lovely long grinds likely intended to not be reached until after another content update that never came).

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I tried that AutoTrimps thing, because I wanted to see how a sorta-efficient run goes, but it seems to just stop at 49, stuck on "farming" one map over and over again, even if I go into the settings and disable farming.

I think it's supposed to have an AutoPortal feature, but I can't find that anywhere, either.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Teddybear posted:

I tried that AutoTrimps thing, because I wanted to see how a sorta-efficient run goes, but it seems to just stop at 49, stuck on "farming" one map over and over again, even if I go into the settings and disable farming.

I think it's supposed to have an AutoPortal feature, but I can't find that anywhere, either.

AutoPortal shows up after you reach 80 IIRC. It's unfortunately really not optimized for the early game because the dev doesn't see the point of working on that or challenge runs but it can be worked with anyway. For the farming specifically you want to click the advanced settings near the bottom and disable farming, but if it's doing that there's a fair chance that it won't be more than a few zones before world progress is terminally slow anyway because your damage and HP aren't growing fast enough to kill efficiently.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Instead of scrolling up to find the link to death squad 2 I just googled it and uh...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1599317/

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Garfu posted:

how do i use cheat engine

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I just started playing Realm Grinder again, completely from scratch since my save is gone.
Is it just me or is the current event a bit ridiculous? The summer spell gives so many coins that I don't even need excavations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Winter's upgrades and spell are pretty good in combo with the Faceless too. Ridiculous is more fun anyway!