Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Just got my key. You guys in a discord or something?

Edit: gently caress it, I made a channel
https://discord.gg/xuKnn

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Lmao I'm getting hosed by the dice team. Literally every other player that has killed me has the dice dog tags

NJD2005
Sep 3, 2006
Fantastic, got an xbox one code despite having "Origin PC" selected on battlefield insider.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
Just got my email at work and downloaded the files, 2 and a half hours till I get home...

Apparently there's only one populated server at the moment and it's full (AUS)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I inexplicably played and am playing the poo poo out of Battlefield 4. I don't like any other modern warfare type shooters, so if this is that but without the modern warfare part, I should like it even more.

Gesadt
Jan 3, 2014
whats the download size?

RocketSurgery
Feb 11, 2009

Gesadt posted:

whats the download size?

7.10 gb

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

So if I signed up to be an insider like, right now, I have to wait? :negative:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Is there any way to still get into beta or is that train gone?

Gesadt
Jan 3, 2014

Palpek posted:

Is there any way to still get into beta or is that train gone?

31st open beta launches availbe for everyone. today is just if you registered for insider thingy earlier

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Had a lot of fun in the three games I played, especially the last. I wound up as squad lead and we marched around the map with one of each class. I love how far you can chuck ammo and health. Maybe it's just because the model is so small, not sure. Horses are pretty good if you can get around behind the enemy and just slice away. I'm getting around 90-100 fps at 2560x1440 (dx12, ultra) with a 980ti and someone in game said their 7870 was netting 40-50 on high. Pretty impressive.

Edit: wait until Wednesday if you didn't sign up by the 21st. It should show up in origin for everyone.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Ah ok, thanks. See you on the...battlefield.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

To anyone playing right now, get a tank. People only have grenade bundles unlocked and it's laffo as hell.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
Fun Shoe
My friend playing it just say tanks are pretty much invincible right now and peeps are just out in the distance sniping.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
Fun Shoe
Just quoted myself, I'm an idiot.

leaving work now oh boy.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Just got my key. You guys in a discord or something?

Edit: gently caress it, I made a channel
https://discord.gg/xuKnn

CTS mumble that is where we hang out. In the battlefield channel that we have used since forever and has been in every op for a battlefield game since 3.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Bang3r posted:

My friend playing it just say tanks are pretty much invincible right now and peeps are just out in the distance sniping.

Not much sniping. Rush is broken right now though, since nothing can take tanks out at a distance they just get close enough to be safe and spawn kill like hell.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Performance isn't too bad for a beta. I was able to put everything on Ultra, except the settings below, on my 980, and it hovered between 55-60fps. I turned the below options to the listed settings, and was able to keep it at 55-60fps. Haven't tried DX12 yet though.

Post-Processing - Medium
AA - Off (big hit to framerate, even on FXAA Low, may still be buggy)
Ambient Occlusion - SSAO

Edit: Tried DX12, didn't seem to effect framerate one way or another. Maybe AMD cards will have better luck.

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Aug 30, 2016

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
No email. So just like my between registration Dice also managed to gently caress up my insider subscription.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

xyigx posted:

CTS mumble that is where we hang out. In the battlefield channel that we have used since forever and has been in every op for a battlefield game since 3.

It's TYOOL 2016 and time to move on

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Randler posted:

No email. So just like my between registration Dice also managed to gently caress up my insider subscription.

If you have Gmail, check under the "Promotions" tab. It's where mine was.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

trip report - game is pretty solid but have the cool poo poo isn't even in the beta

would love to see a remake of BF1942 on a modern engine

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Tab8715 posted:

It's TYOOL 2016 and time to move on

Considering the number of players in the CTS thread asking for cert resets for Mumble, it's not going to happen.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Can I excessively spam ENEMY HORSE SPOTTED in this game this is important.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Tab8715 posted:

would love to see a remake of BF1942 on a modern engine
BF1943 was like that, it owned hard, too bad it was only available on consoles.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
As a self-professed tank whore this game right now is completely amazing. No one knows how to deal with you and people are more than happy to run directly at you with a bundle grenade in a vain attempt to hurt you.

There's just something so magical about looking at the end game score screen and reading "K/D: 28.00" :allears:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Quick note, doing some testing, but I think the Resolution Scale option may be broken/mislabeled.

I set it to 100%, thinking that should render at my native res. But the tooltip for the slider says you can go over 100% to get downscaling via supersampling. My slider only goes to 100% though. Thinking nothing of it, when I go in the game, I have all AA disable, I'm seeing zero jaggies. And my performance is a little less than expected. Then when I go in the settings file where are your preferences are saves, I notice the "GstRender.ResolutionScale" option is set to 2.0.

So I'm thinking, at least on my system, setting to 100% resolution scale is actually rendering at 200% really. Going to go run some tests....

Gesadt
Jan 3, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Quick note, doing some testing, but I think the Resolution Scale option may be broken/mislabeled.

I set it to 100%, thinking that should render at my native res. But the tooltip for the slider says you can go over 100% to get downscaling via supersampling. My slider only goes to 100% though. Thinking nothing of it, when I go in the game, I have all AA disable, I'm seeing zero jaggies. And my performance is a little less than expected. Then when I go in the settings file where are your preferences are saves, I notice the "GstRender.ResolutionScale" option is set to 2.0.

So I'm thinking, at least on my system, setting to 100% resolution scale is actually rendering at 200% really. Going to go run some tests....

yea 50% scale is your native resolution

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-hands-on-with-battlefield-1-on-pc

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I still think it may be buggy. When I switch to 50% scale, if I check in the settings file, the "GstRender.ResolutionScale" is set at something 1.4400099, or something weird like that. Maybe that's is DICE's definition of the exact same as your native res, I don't know. But if I change the settings in the file to 1.0 even, then in the game it says it's rendering at 42%.

So who knows at this point.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
So is every one getting these codes via email?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I thought we were getting them by She-Male?

DICE said that they were sending Penny Trayshun around with the codes.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

First impressions:

-Less bullshit deaths than BF4. There's obvious stuff like less autocannons and futuristic chain-explosion machines, but stuff like cone of fire, heavy-feeling recoil, and the bayonet charge for closing open ground result in less long-range picking than BF4, which I like as it was my #1 beef with that game.

-Melee owns. It's saved my rear end during some inopportune reload moments.

-Support kinda blows on PC. As a result, few people run it so don't expect many ammo restocks, exacerbating the current tank problem. I wish they would bring back ammo stations.

-Not looking forward to the progression system that both level-locks and charges you for poo poo. Also not a fan of the idea of gun customization coming, but that's purely me.

-Horses are a blast. Used one to flank around a nasty chokepoint in rush and ended up getting a five kill streak and clearing the way. If you play them smart, they're useful and a lot of fun.

-Behemoths can change the tide, but if the team that gets it is crap, it doesn't help much. Most of the time, the train gets the team a quick row of caps, but they'll go back to doing the dumb stuff that made them lose and the other team ends up regaining the losses whether the train's dead or not.

-Rush has some nice reforms. I may have been misunderstanding the situation, but it looks you can't interrupt the planting animation by killing a guy. It looks like it's just a quick "hold e" and the progress bar just goes, as I died and I think I planted the bomb (it may have been someone planting at the same time, I don't know). On the flip side, it seems like disarming takes less time in this game than previous ones. Haven't seen the artillery strikes or how they're supposed to work yet.

-The ding-dongs saying Conquest would be easy time for people just wanting to farm points are not smart. It takes a long, long time for a single person to cap a whole flag, enough for the enemy team to notice and come looking for you. Most times, it feels like there are basically two solid caps going on, with everything else up in the air. Not a fan of the tight time limit in the current beta servers. Most games don't reach the ticket limit.

Also expect pubbies to be talking about how the fact that even on low settings and with 15 fps, the game still looks great for the entire match.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Aug 30, 2016

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I still think it may be buggy. When I switch to 50% scale, if I check in the settings file, the "GstRender.ResolutionScale" is set at something 1.4400099, or something weird like that. Maybe that's is DICE's definition of the exact same as your native res, I don't know. But if I change the settings in the file to 1.0 even, then in the game it says it's rendering at 42%.

So who knows at this point.

There is for sure something screwy with this.

I can't choose 60hz refresh on my monitor without the graphics getting all mushed, I guess from some unintended downscaling? If it run it at 50hz its fine.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Also, I don't know if it's just a thing for the beta, but the game doesn't seem to restrict how many players are needed for a match. Even if you're the only person on the server, it doesn't let you run around waiting for more players, it will just start up a full game just for you.

I jumped on an empty server just so I could test settings and getting a feel for the game, and I ended up earning two levels by capping objectives.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Plan Z posted:

Oh poo poo nice one thanks I have never even looked in this folder before.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Plan Z posted:

Nothing there, it was actually the first thing I checked. But Dice promotions never seem to work for me anyway and the Insider page occasionally forgot I signed up, so I am not that surprised. (EA's two factor authentifications sometimes just do not go through either, fwiw)

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ugh I signed up to Insider just now but clearly it's not good enough.

What's really annoying is that I simply can't play tomorrow. Or any day since. I'm heading to another town for university, and my gaming computer stays right the gently caress here.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I get home at 5pm EST. Be there or be square nerds.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I just played one conquest round. Game is good. Tank whoring is not as op as people say unless you're avoiding capping flags. You don't get c4 jihadis coming out of the woodwork like the other games but you're definitely not invincible.

Runs ultra @ 1440p at 50% res scale (that's a 100% apparently) pretty smoothly on a 1070.

edit: looks like 42% is actually native res.

afkmacro fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Fuuuuuuck still waiting on a key.

Where is the mumble info?

edit: nevermind found it