Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Drunken Baker posted:

Can't wait to get home from work and play Resident Evil 4 AGAIN.

fuckin' A, man. I still have to finish DOOM and only just started playing Deus Ex / King of Fighters but all I wanna do is start up RE4.

Is the version this is based on following the Gamecube weapon stats or the PS2's? The guns had different bonuses i.e. PS2 and onward toned down certain gun strength upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

They could just make a scientific research management game like one of these old kairosoft games for phones and sell shitloads of copies. Make it kind of dumb like the rest of the series with stuff like "hey, your product made 15% more zombies than your previous version, well done!".

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Also someone should make an xcom conversion mod where you play as the bsaa and fight bows

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Len posted:

Also someone should make an xcom conversion mod where you play as the bsaa and fight bows

End of month 1: All operatives but four are dead, involved in repeated car crashes until dead, or horribly mutated and THEN dead.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Len posted:

I'd love a Resident Evil XCOM-strategy game featuring most of the main cast and with cool missions like "hold off zombies and Lickers for 10 turns" or "get to the train while Hunters overrun a science lab"

I'd also put in a special Nemesis difficulty wherein that ugly gently caress has a random chance to appear in any mission to gently caress you over. It'd be maximum XCOM fuckery.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'd love a Resident Evil XCOM-strategy game featuring most of the main cast and with cool missions like "hold off zombies and Lickers for 10 turns" or "get to the train while Hunters overrun a science lab"

I'd also put in a special Nemesis difficulty wherein that ugly gently caress has a random chance to appear in any mission to gently caress you over. It'd be maximum XCOM fuckery.

They pretty much have this already. Vipers in XCOM 2 work very similarly to Lickers, mechnically speaking, and the Alien Rulers DLC gives you three different flavors of cheaty rear end in a top hat Nemesis. Hunters match up pretty well with Chryssalids and Tyrants to Berserkers.

Hell, the game already even has a melee system for Maximum Redfield.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

STARS/BSAA functioning on XCOM logic makes total sense. Chris is unstoppable because he survived so many missions his level is through the roof and he has all the great perks. Kenneth? gently caress Kenneth, we barely remembered to give him a name.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

It sort of falls down in that whatever vehicle is used to get operatives to the outbreak site will inevitably be destroyed.

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

It sort of falls down in that whatever vehicle is used to get operatives to the outbreak site will inevitably be destroyed.

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!

The start of every mission is your chopper crashing, the end is your new chopper finally showing up. it crashes next mission.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

End of month 1: All operatives but four are dead, involved in repeated car crashes until dead, or horribly mutated and THEN dead.

Never ever let Leon be in your vehicle, it's a death sentence.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Guillermus posted:

Never ever let Leon be in your vehicle, it's a death sentence.

It's 100% death with Leon, 50/50 for all other Resi characters. Helicopters in particular are just hosed.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Len posted:

Better off Ted is probably the closest we'll get to anything showing the daily operations of Umbrella. Which is sad because I feel like there would be a market for a game where the player works for Umbrella but isn't one of their elite mercenaries or some poo poo.

it would just be surgeon simulator where you stick needles into various things lying around

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Don't join Chris' unit either.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
EVILCOM: Play as a team of USS officers tasked with cleaning up BOW outbreaks, and in-between missions, play as Umbrella scientists cooking up ridiculous new projects. The more aggressively the science team pursues their campaign objective, the more difficult and frequent the combat sections are.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Crowetron posted:

So, really, any dumb schmuck at Umbrella could just point at any random chemical concoction and say "Hey, what if we injected that into Larry?" and almost every time the higher-ups would reply "Go for it, man, you do you." The truly amazing thing about Umbrella is that while all this was happening, they were wildly successful, most assuredly due to the efforts of the most exhausted and world-weary CFO in history. None of the games really touch on that, and we'll never know who that person was, but at least we can rest assured that they were definitely murdered.
I think I prefer the idea of the CFO having been completely unaware of all the weird poo poo going on in the company, until the day he was arrested by the US government and brought to court to answer for the crimes of Umbrella. All on his lonesome of course, because all the other higher ups had assassinated each other or gone into hiding.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

You can get the Playstation versions of REmake HD and RE0 HD, as well as bunch of other Capcom games, for a total of at least $15 right now.

https://www.humblebundle.com/capcom-playstation-bundle

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Don't join Chris' unit either.

Also don't build a (b)romantic interest/be on the spanish spectrum. RIP Luis and Carlos, you will be missed.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Carlos never died, so far as I know. He just disappeared into the same continuity black hole Rebecca Chambers and Billy Cohen and Sheva live in post-game.

Who knows? Maybe they just pulled a Claire, decided they were Sick of This poo poo, and were a little more successful in making it stick.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I swear Carlos dies in most endings, but it was years ago that I played 3.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008

Fil5000 posted:

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!

He...he knew a good bar...

:smith:

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I swear Carlos dies in most endings, but it was years ago that I played 3.

Carlos dies in zero endings. He's just cast into the secondary character Phantom Zone with Rebecca, Billy, possibly Nicholai, Steve's corpse, Ashley, Sheva, Josh, and all the spin-off games' casts. I'm sure Helena and Jake from RE6 will be setting up shop there too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Dark Id posted:

Carlos dies in zero endings. He's just cast into the secondary character Phantom Zone with Rebecca, Billy, possibly Nicholai, Steve's corpse, Ashley, Sheva, Josh, and all the spin-off games' casts. I'm sure Helena and Jake from RE6 will be setting up shop there too.

I think Jake has potential to return if just because he's a kung-fu Wesker from gangster city and that's pretty ripe if they ever go back to action-town instead of setting up camp in spooky cameraville.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Fil5000 posted:

It's 100% death with Leon, 50/50 for all other Resi characters. Helicopters in particular are just hosed.
I look forward to seeing how Resident Evil 7 will sneak in a helicopter crash.

The Dark Id posted:

Rebecca is a weird case. Sometimes, Capcom does remember she exists and we get things like RE0 HD, those crazy novels from the 90s, or that stage play set in Australia co-starring Chris and Piers. Then, there are times when it's like Capcom only believes they made about 6 characters total for the entirety of the franchise and Rebecca (and all those you mentioned) gets the "Who?" treatment.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

AradoBalanga posted:

or that stage play set in Australia co-starring Chris and Piers.

:stare:

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

that stage play set in Australia co-starring Chris and Piers.

I actually watched a recording of that (apparently from the DVD release) fairly recently.

For a stage play, it was pretty...anime.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

ImpAtom posted:

I think Jake has potential to return if just because he's a kung-fu Wesker from gangster city and that's pretty ripe if they ever go back to action-town instead of setting up camp in spooky cameraville.

If Wesker is actually canon back now then having Jake around should be guaranteed.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

DanielCross posted:

I actually watched a recording of that (apparently from the DVD release) fairly recently.

...Well, I know what I'm getting a few drinks in me and streaming later this week.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

ImpAtom posted:

The end of RE6 already posited him as a BOW-fighting superhero.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

DanielCross posted:

I don't know how to tell you this but Resident Evil is...

pretty anime

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So did anyone pick up RE4 PS4? How is it?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

AradoBalanga posted:

I look forward to seeing how Resident Evil 7 will sneak in a helicopter crash.

Rebecca is a weird case. Sometimes, Capcom does remember she exists and we get things like RE0 HD, those crazy novels from the 90s, or that stage play set in Australia co-starring Chris and Piers. Then, there are times when it's like Capcom only believes they made about 6 characters total for the entirety of the franchise and Rebecca (and all those you mentioned) gets the "Who?" treatment.

Rebecca is actually one of the better characters in re5 mercs, especially on no mercy where she can get huge chain kills with her flame spray head melee. Unfortunately she lacks a magnum/rifle which makes bosses a bit less trivial.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Crowetron posted:

I don't know how to tell you this but Resident Evil is...

pretty anime

Wesker can move fast but he sure is slow on the trigger.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

Policenaut posted:

So did anyone pick up RE4 PS4? How is it?

Seems buggy. Sometimes when I draw my handgun it recenters Leon away from the enemy.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Kibayasu posted:

Wesker can move fast but he sure is slow on the trigger.

I think that's only when it comes to

CHHHHHHRIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSS!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Fil5000 posted:

I think that's only when it comes to

CHHHHHHRIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSS!
Aside from Rebecca, have we seen Wesker manage to shoot anyone in the series? He's usually too busy spilling the beans and showing off his anime fighting style.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Aside from Rebecca, have we seen Wesker manage to shoot anyone in the series? He's usually too busy spilling the beans and showing off his anime fighting style.

Pretty sure in the intro of RE1

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

He shoots a bunch of people in Umbrella Chronicles.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Wesker aces Enrico in Resident Evil 1. He shoots Rebecca too in Chris' scenario, assuming she's alive.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

The Dark Id posted:

Wesker aces Enrico in Resident Evil 1.
Oh yeah, forgot about him. Although in REmake it was retconned into being Barry's dirty work (at least in Jill's scenario).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Do we know who we're playing as in RE7?