Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Getting 85-100FPS with max settings using the DX12 renderer @ 3440x1440/1080GTX Superclocked/i7 6700K

This is not only the best looking game on PC, it's the best performing too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Getting 85-100FPS with max settings using the DX12 renderer @ 3440x1440/1080GTX Superclocked/i7 6700K

This is not only the best looking game on PC, it's the best performing too.

is this is the greatest moment in pc gaming history for you?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

tank on tank pro tip shoot the turret, it will get disabled.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

afkmacro posted:

I just played one conquest round. Game is good. Tank whoring is not as op as people say unless you're avoiding capping flags. You don't get c4 jihadis coming out of the woodwork like the other games but you're definitely not invincible.

Runs ultra @ 1440p at 50% res scale (that's a 100% apparently) pretty smoothly on a 1070.

edit: looks like 42% is actually native res.

Yeah tanks are pretty much fine as they are. Maybe up the damage on anti tank stuff by 10% at most. Some of the attack focused tanks will chew up a unprepared squad. But there seems to be a good balance of the tougher tanks doing less damage and the higher damage tanks take less to kill. Depending on how much we can unlock I think it will even out nicely. Some of the light tanks are really good, fast and enough damage to hit and run really well but they die in like 2 tank shots or about 2-3 dynamite.

Oh quick note if you experience flickering or flashing on the screen try disabling the origin overlay first as that will usually fix the issue.

Oh yeah the gif of the guy trying to stick dynamite on the horse. Yeah it dose not work because dynamite dose not stick to anything, he uh probably should have tested that part before making that gif.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
If you're xbone you should come to the Slack Channel for Cool Bros. Send me a PM so we can get out of this thread before the PC players start talking about dumb poo poo like video drivers and keyboards

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

What time does the open beta start?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Sistergodiva posted:

What time does the open beta start?

lol

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Is there no specific time set for when it launches?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to play this when i get off work today

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Sistergodiva posted:

If you had bothered looking at the previous page you'd realize it's...

Right now.

Also come on people add me, Deakull, on Origin, I want to play with classy people. :colbert:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sistergodiva posted:

It launched already.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

I mean, for people who forgot to sign up to insider?

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Installed and started the game.

1st match was Rush and the enemy team had 6 tanks and my team had no anti tank weapons, got crushed.

2nd match was conquest and I got sniped in my spawn over and over.

Yup, it's a Battlefield game.

Uninstalled.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
I got in a couple rounds this morning and had a blast. The game looks amazing running in Ultra using a 1070 - easily the best looking first person shooter I've played, especially when the weather effects trigger.

I only got the medic so far but the weapons felt really satisfying, like they have a weight to them. The only annoyance I ran into was having my guy vault over small cover where I just ended up having to try 3 times or so for him to finally make it over.

Also, god drat that front train cannon can be devestating..

We still lost

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Installing the game and "working" from home today, time to shoot some krauts/turks. :getin:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im glad of this game

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XGq6tH8el0

I love the sound effects. Top notch as always. Especially the bleeping from M-Coms that now sounds like someone banging a cowbell.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Inkel posted:

I got in a couple rounds this morning and had a blast. The game looks amazing running in Ultra using a 1070 - easily the best looking first person shooter I've played, especially when the weather effects trigger.

I only got the medic so far but the weapons felt really satisfying, like they have a weight to them. The only annoyance I ran into was having my guy vault over small cover where I just ended up having to try 3 times or so for him to finally make it over.

We still lost

Looking at the K/Ds I can tell your team had more people killing while theirs had more people capping flags. The point differences make it apparent. It's not a bad thing, the only round I played this morning I went 29/3 with the tanks top score on my team with around 11k, meanwhile their team's top scorers were around 28k.

Whatever infantry only map equivalent of metro/locker we get this time around will get you to max rank so much quicker in this game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

afkmacro posted:

Looking at the K/Ds I can tell your team had more people killing while theirs had more people capping flags. The point differences make it apparent. It's not a bad thing, the only round I played this morning I went 29/3 with the tanks top score on my team with around 11k, meanwhile their team's top scorers were around 28k.

Whatever infantry only map equivalent of metro/locker we get this time around will get you to max rank so much quicker in this game.

I like the change a lot better, pretty neat

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Eonwe posted:

I like the change a lot better, pretty neat

I like your av.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

afkmacro posted:

Ah yeah, good point. I spent the whole round in the landship and the train so I wasn't paying much attention to what the rest of my team was doing.

I'm sure we'll have enough goons on tonight that we can get some good games going though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I like your av.

thx. people like me so much they pay to change my avatar. :)

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Wow someone got really mad about video games.
Lol
I'm glad of it.

I had to.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I like your av.

I miss the elephant :(

Anyway. Game is good. I never liked sniping in the other BF games but here I kinda dig it. The anti-tank rounds are a nice bonus and they work really well against the small tanks.

Didn't have a chance yet to use a tank but the armored car works really well if you fill it up and race around like an idiot.

Edit: Tell me about preoders. Only people who order directly through origin get to play 3 days early, right? And you have to order the Deluxe or Ultimate edition? I'm not sure if getting to play 3 days earlier is worth 40 bucks.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Eonwe posted:

thx. people like me so much they pay to change my avatar. :)

Clearly it's Lazrin who is angry at you stealing Uncle Smart's valor

NJD2005
Sep 3, 2006
Played it a bunch, up to rank 22. TNT is amazing and people don't expect it. At the end of the round the winning teams score gets doubled I think. Some of the weapons and gadgets are behind class ranks and apparently it's bugged where you only progress in those ranks for the first round you play on a server, so play a round then quit back to menu and then join another server for another 1 round.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Plan Z posted:

-Less bullshit deaths than BF4. There's obvious stuff like less autocannons and futuristic chain-explosion machines, but stuff like cone of fire, heavy-feeling recoil, and the bayonet charge for closing open ground result in less long-range picking than BF4, which I like as it was my #1 beef with that game.

Agreed, the way the game draws enemy units at range is much better yet it doesn't feel like they're artificially limiting the effectiveness of long-range weapons. I still wish there were more fundamental changes to spotting as it's incredibly powerful but the game just seems much smoother and even more enjoyable experience.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Popelmon posted:

I miss the elephant :(

Anyway. Game is good. I never liked sniping in the other BF games but here I kinda dig it. The anti-tank rounds are a nice bonus and they work really well against the small tanks.

Didn't have a chance yet to use a tank but the armored car works really well if you fill it up and race around like an idiot.

Edit: Tell me about preoders. Only people who order directly through origin get to play 3 days early, right? And you have to order the Deluxe or Ultimate edition? I'm not sure if getting to play 3 days earlier is worth 40 bucks.

yea, deluxe and ultimate get you in 3 days early. I think you just have to decide whether the other perks are worth it, and look at the 3 days as a bonus. i probably will just be getting standard tho.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I played a few rounds but have yet to see any of these "mega-vehicles" what gives?!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Knifegrab posted:

I played a few rounds but have yet to see any of these "mega-vehicles" what gives?!

they spawn (supposedly) when one team is doing far worse than the other team. I don't know of the exact trigger. Also, desert map won't have zeppelin, it will have train only.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Played a whole round defending a contentious objective, got tons of kills, kept the flag our color, destroyed tanks, light vehicles, even downed a bomber. But I'm on the bottom of the scoreboard because I didn't play ring around the points :downs:

There is virtually no reason in this game to defend points.

Edit: To clarify, I still had fun so ymmv, just depends if you can enjoy playing the game however you want, even if while effective you aren't rewarded.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 30, 2016

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

Inkel posted:

We still lost

I think the winning team gets 2x points, is this true?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Knifegrab posted:

Played a whole round defending a contentious objective, got tons of kills, kept the flag our color, destroyed tanks, light vehicles, even downed a bomber. But I'm on the bottom of the scoreboard because I didn't play ring around the points :downs:

There is virtually no reason in this game to defend points.

Edit: To clarify, I still had fun so ymmv, just depends if you can enjoy playing the game however you want, even if while effective you aren't rewarded.

They don't even give you bonus defense points for kills? That's dumb. Defending against superior numbers is a lot more fun than attacking, in my experience, so that's disappointing that the game doesn't really reward it.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Streaming if anyone is interested

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

Decent showing by fartnpoopn

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

How could you mention that and not talk about Nutellaonyobutt and TicTacTalliban

Also Hentai_Edward and Sir_Narudo.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Fish Fry Andy posted:

They don't even give you bonus defense points for kills? That's dumb. Defending against superior numbers is a lot more fun than attacking, in my experience, so that's disappointing that the game doesn't really reward it.

None whatsoever.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

AutomaticPrince posted:

Decent showing by fartnpoopn

He should have played the objectives more, like HentaiEdward

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
DICE did say that they would listen to players on the Conquest point changes. If you really really hate the system, just complain about it on places they are likely to read. I haven't tried it yet and thought it sounded cool, but it may be balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nazzadan posted:

He should have played the objectives more, like HentaiEdward

Good ol HentaiEdward.