Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Knifegrab posted:

None whatsoever.

I guess I shouldn't have expected anything different from :dice:.

Maybe the final release will give some incentive to defend points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Eonwe posted:

DICE did say that they would listen to players on the Conquest point changes. If you really really hate the system, just complain about it on places they are likely to read. I haven't tried it yet and thought it sounded cool, but it may be balls.

I really like encouraging objective play. But in conquest that to me falls under securing objectives and defending them. One of my favorite things to do in BF is attach myself to a point and say "This is my point, there are many like it but this is mine!" I can still do this sure but if I do my job (I.e. don't let the enemy cap it) I actually score less points than if I let the enemy cap it and then retake it. So holding objectives is not a very attractive idea. If I do my job, and hold a point all round, even stopping several captures from occuring, the scoreboard will make me out to be some mountain top sniper. The shame!

Edit: Someone is saying there are defense points? I never saw any but cannot re-test again (at work). It might be something where you have to physically be inside the cap point to get a defense bonus (Which would be a stupid thing if true).

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 30, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If there are defense points, that would be pretty neat. I like playing the objective, but I've never felt particularly rewarded by it in a battlefield game. No clue if their implementation makes that better or worse, but im glad they are trying something

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
One of the complaints I saw before this beta was that defending the objective is unrewarding and the system rewards doing laps around the map more so than defending any one objective, so it's been a "known" issue for awhile now, whether or not its acted upon, who knows?

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 30, 2016

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Fish Fry Andy posted:

They don't even give you bonus defense points for kills? That's dumb. Defending against superior numbers is a lot more fun than attacking, in my experience, so that's disappointing that the game doesn't really reward it.

Yeah they do. Don't know what that guy is talking about.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

beedeebee posted:

Does it only give you points if you kill a guy actively capping? Or do you need to be inside the cap point when you get a kill to get the bonus. Both of which are pretty limiting and dumb to receiving any serious amount of points.

Also what are the points? I would venture to guess its a paltry sum compared to doing laps.

If the game does have defense points, I never saw em, so either I am completely blind (a legit possibility) or it barely gives out any and the amount it does give it out is tiny in comparison.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Regardless of defense points or not no jihad horses is a huge mark against this game.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Knifegrab posted:

Does it only give you points if you kill a guy actively capping? Or do you need to be inside the cap point when you get a kill to get the bonus. Both of which are pretty limiting and dumb to receiving any serious amount of points.

Also what are the points? I would venture to guess its a paltry sum compared to doing laps.

If the game does have defense points, I never saw em, so either I am completely blind (a legit possibility) or it barely gives out any and the amount it does give it out is tiny in comparison.

No, I have killed a ton of dudes around the point and got a defense bonus. It's pretty tiny compared to the capture points you get though.
But this game is fun! It's hilarious if you use your bayonet charge to cross an open space and end up killing some dude in a house you didn't even see.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

beedeebee posted:

That's good to know. Hopefully they're just adjusting the values.

I really wish that they gave held capture points scaling, gradual point incomes for the whole team. As in, when a team owns a capture point they get something like 1 point every 5 seconds its held for the first minute then own it, 2 points every 5 seconds held for the second minute, etc. Less focus on continuously capturing points and more incentive to capture and hold as many points as possible, but actually defend them instead of hopping around the map. This would also promote objective play while not necessarily requiring players to actually be on the objective, allowing for fights to occur outside of capture points more often.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

When I get home I'll try and figure out exactly what the defense bonuses are and what triggers getting one (because I am a number sperg).

It must be loving tiny though.

Also the stationary AA canon owns.

Does anyone know what the "K" bullets for recon do? Also recon flare is called "Flaregun - Spot". Does it auto q spot enemies?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

There's also a defense order bonus system. If you order your team to defend a point, and it belongs to you after ~1m, then you get a 300 point bonus.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Is there a Bipod option for the Lewis Machine Gun or is just suppose to be incredibly inaccurate?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Plan Z posted:

There's also a defense order bonus system. If you order your team to defend a point, and it belongs to you after ~1m, then you get a 300 point bonus.

USELESS SQUAD LEADERS! *shakes fist*

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Knifegrab posted:

Does anyone know what the "K" bullets for recon do? Also recon flare is called "Flaregun - Spot". Does it auto q spot enemies?

"K" bullets are an anti-armor round. Should do so-so damage to the armored car and light tank.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how do you guys like the new map

I loved St Quentins scar, just curious if this one is good

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm on the fence about this map, I feel like it's too barren and the flags need to be spaced out more with more points of contention and cover.

Also, jesus gently caress DICE tighten up the ledge climbing cause wow I've gotten killed because my guy's fumbling on a ledge instead of pulling himself up.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 30, 2016

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Eonwe posted:

how do you guys like the new map

I loved St Quentins scar, just curious if this one is good

it's vehicle unfriendly in some places but it's pretty nice, reminds me of that one in bf3 dlc http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Bandar_Desert

NostalgiaGoggles
Jul 25, 2007
three-time winner of the Upper Class Twit of the Year competition
I never really got into one of them during the alpha, but the land tanks own. Love sniping scouts with the canister shot. :black101:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Cannister shot is loving AMAZING, I've wiped out entire squads with one shot so many times.

The rage that floods the chat afterwards. :allears:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Deakul posted:

Cannister shot is loving AMAZING, I've wiped out entire squads with one shot so many times.

The rage that floods the chat afterwards. :allears:

What's the range on this weapon?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Tab8715 posted:

What's the range on this weapon?

I want to say it's pretty good at medium range, it's essentially a really powerful shotgun blast.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I have just a single question concerning this game:

WHERE IS MY loving INSIDER KEY?!
August 30th ends in 4 hours 25 minutes.
:colbert:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

mcbexx posted:

I have just a single question concerning this game:

WHERE IS MY loving INSIDER KEY?!
August 30th ends in 4 hours 25 minutes.
:colbert:

You're not alone. There are various posts about Insider registration not working and no keys being received spanning back to as early as May. Veteran registration was also broken for the earlier parts just like that silly skulll riddle promo with the fake login terminal in Battlelog.

I guess whatever code they use to make their promotions just randomly does not work on certain systems.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

This game is good and fun

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah, this game scratches an itch I didn't know I had.
It's way more fun to shoot someone with a (semi-automatic) rifle than a M16.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Has anyone found a Trench Cat to pet yet?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Sooo I exited for a while and there was a new Geforce driver so I installed that and then rebooted, Origin also updated then when it came back and its actually a substantial update and whatever the gently caress is wrong with it, I have a 144hz monitor and when the origin window is open the screen just slows down until I minimize it. I was averaging probably 90fps earlier and now its 60 and under, I disabled origin in game but still the same. What the gently caress.

I had enabled beta updates for Origin, thats why I got this big fancy new UI, went back though and nothings changed, frame rates still poo poo. I was using DX12 before (SLI 970s) and I tried going back to 11, nope. Come on theres no way a new driver caused it to poo poo the bed so bad

codo27 fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 30, 2016

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Randler posted:

You're not alone. There are various posts about Insider registration not working and no keys being received spanning back to as early as May. Veteran registration was also broken for the earlier parts just like that silly skulll riddle promo with the fake login terminal in Battlelog.

I guess whatever code they use to make their promotions just randomly does not work on certain systems.

I signed up twice. Signed up once in June and once again when it was announced you could play early. Wasn't until the second time that it asked which platform I'd be using. Supposedly emails were sent out to early registrants asking for a platform, but I never got one, which is why I signed up the second time.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Do we know how many maps this will launch with? Not really interested in a Battlefront style thing

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Fuligin posted:

Do we know how many maps this will launch with? Not really interested in a Battlefront style thing

Also horses are fuckin real.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Is jump a different button on horse than on foot? Is it bad I shoot people all day and cringe at the thought of hitting the poor horse with my shot?

Also I love that you dont teleport into vehicles anymore. Sniped a few guys who thought they were safe getting into a car

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The AT loadout on the Land Ship is so much fun. Your main weapon is an AT rifle and I was using it to counter-snipe on Rush.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
This game really is fun. If you're a scout you get a periscope to peek over walls :D

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

beedeebee posted:

This game really is fun. If you're a scout you get a periscope to peek over walls :D

:3:

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Cutting dudes out of their open top turrets is amazing.

Also, if you miss with your sword, just body slam your enemies to death. Get killed charging a guy? Aim that horse at him and it'll take care of the rest.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

So it really is battlefront but fun

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Was is the secret to editing video settings without jacking up the resolution scale?

If I change nothing I get native res, but if I turn down anti aliasing only it turns into a blurry mess. I've not changed the res scale off 42 (which is 100% lol)

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Ugh Rush is literally unplayable. Nobody has ANY idea how the mode works, I just had a game where everyone but me and one brave medic were loving snipers.

Conquest owns though. Load up an armored clowncar and run over the wookies.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Google Butt posted:

So it really is battlefront but fun

I never played Battlefront - what did :dice: do wrong?

Popelmon posted:

Ugh Rush is literally unplayable. Nobody has ANY idea how the mode works, I just had a game where everyone but me and one brave medic were loving snipers.

Conquest owns though. Load up an armored clowncar and run over the wookies.

I play a tiny bit last night and while my team lost defending it was an enjoyable experience going 20-3 every time because nobody knows the maps at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Without Battlelog, does Battlefield One still allow for creative emblem creation like BF4?