Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I love this dumb, stupid show. The first ep of the season was fun & campy, hoping they keep going with that direction instead of the melodrama that just was not working at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fet you big loving goon!

SEAL Team Kickass didn't last long.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I have almost no memory of what happened last season so a lot of things were a mystery. Like where did the blonde girl go and how did the kid end up with mommy. But whatever, I just roll with it. I'm surprised the Seal guys were competent, most shows make the military look like roided out clowns.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

wormil posted:

I have almost no memory of what happened last season so a lot of things were a mystery. Like where did the blonde girl go and how did the kid end up with mommy. But whatever, I just roll with it. I'm surprised the Seal guys were competent, most shows make the military look like roided out clowns.

I want to know what the rest of the military is doing since they gave up NYC of all places.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
The boook was written during the Bush Administration, so if history is a guide the troops are probably being relocated to Indiana.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Fet is just wonderful.

The little smile he gave the first time he fired the SAW was great

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
These hacky writers actually think that Baldo Goodweather moping in empty rooms as a sad alcoholic because of his dead gay wife in S1 and S2 is compelling enough to give a 2nd encore of the exact same non-character development because of his worthless dead gay son in a show full of bisected corpses and exploding heads

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I haven't watched, did they kill Zach? I'll fuckin' watch if they killed Zach.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They are turning him into the most insufferable vampire.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

steinrokkan posted:

They are turning him into the most insufferable vampire.

He already was a huge leech.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

TheRationalRedditor posted:

These hacky writers actually think that Baldo Goodweather moping in empty rooms as a sad alcoholic because of his dead gay wife in S1 and S2 is compelling enough to give a 2nd encore of the exact same non-character development because of his worthless dead gay son in a show full of bisected corpses and exploding heads

Oh man, he bartered for a fifth of vodka. So intense.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nazzadan posted:

Fet is just wonderful.

The little smile he gave the first time he fired the SAW was great

Show needs more of this and less cheesy melodrama.

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I love this post.

The whole "Oh no, my wife/son/mom got infected! I guess I'll just keep hoping that they'll somehow pull through this infection that has no cure and turns people into blood sucking monsters" thing is really loving stale at this point. Not only do we have to sit through Eph and all his stupid loving family garbage, now we get to add Gus to that list too. Gus sucked enough already, what gives?

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit
Also, lol at the SEALs making a point of reminding the audience that a single worm will infect you. Then 10 minutes later Eph stabs a strigoi in the face with his bare hand then throws a worm covered knife in the back seat like it ain't no thang.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DecentHairJelly posted:

Also, lol at the SEALs making a point of reminding the audience that a single worm will infect you. Then 10 minutes later Eph stabs a strigoi in the face with his bare hand then throws a worm covered knife in the back seat like it ain't no thang.

The nature of the monsters seems like chopping them up or any sort close range fighting would be a bad idea.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Like Ur-Fascism, the Vampire is both as strong and as weak as the narrative demands.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the show is basically 70-80% garbage with occasional action sequences and body horror mixed in.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

DecentHairJelly posted:

Chekov's Uncreased Scriptwriter Manual

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Well per the canon even in the show it's established that silver kills the worms on contact which is how they justify all the CQB in the books too.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Justin Credible posted:

Well per the canon even in the show it's established that silver kills the worms on contact which is how they justify all the CQB in the books too.

I just now got why he's called the Silver Angel :doh:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I thought that was a really solid episode to start the season with. I love how Our Heroes are now actually believed by the authorities, Fet's directing surprisingly effective fire teams (well till they ran up against Eichorst), Eph is getting resources to work on his bio poo poo, and Setrakian is chillaxing in luxury studying The Lumen.

I mean, it'll all go to poo poo, sure but for now it's cool seeing them not being totally poo poo on.

Also :laugh: "23 days"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
23 days since 0 day? hahaahaha loving hell.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Justin Credible posted:

"Canon" is basically the worst idea ever. Whenever someone mentions it, I'm torn between giving them a wedgie and just generally disengaging from them because they are clearly insane.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Well, in this case it's not really canon, just basic story continuity. Though I too did basically forget that silver was a thing, on account that even the protagonists have largely moved to just shooting the vamps.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Eph was shooting silver bullets, they sizzled when they hit.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Rocksicles posted:

23 days since 0 day? hahaahaha loving hell.

I'm... sure someone can go through the show and disprove that little counter. I'm not going to, but I'm sure SOMEONE can watch, see when day transitions to night and back again, and figure out that it's more like 50+ days, minimum.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Most of the time seems to have passed between seasons as during the show multiple episodes take place on the same day.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Apoplexy posted:

I'm... sure someone can go through the show and disprove that little counter. I'm not going to, but I'm sure SOMEONE can watch, see when day transitions to night and back again, and figure out that it's more like 50+ days, minimum.

They really aren't very good at establishing scale in general, are they. I mean, in past seasons they would go from burning skyscrapers to mildly annoyed pedestrians to street looting in the scope of one episode. Before they dumped some exposition this week it was pretty hard to tell how we were supposed to feel about the progress of the infection in time and space.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
So this just hit me, cause I put so little thought into what happens in this show, the US military believes the main cast and they are helping to find and Bin laden the gently caress out of The Master buuuuut only for a few days. New York is written off and lol you're on your own cause Seal Team Six needs to go somewhere else that isn't stopping the leader of the vampire apocalypse???

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

MariusLecter posted:

So this just hit me, cause I put so little thought into what happens in this show, the US military believes the main cast and they are helping to find and Bin laden the gently caress out of The Master buuuuut only for a few days. New York is written off and lol you're on your own cause Seal Team Six needs to go somewhere else that isn't stopping the leader of the vampire apocalypse???

Yes, that was my question too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't think they necessarily believe them so much as they're grasping at straws.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

The show doesn't make sense and has to throw in stuff like Palmer manipulating things or government just acting outright dumb.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't care anymore.

Fet for president. I want him to cave the master's skull in with his rebar and get Dutch back, because i really miss seeing her face in this show.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

I don't think they necessarily believe them so much as they're grasping at straws.

Its this. I think the Seal Team leader even says something similar.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just watched the first episode of season three, and maybe it's the absence of Zach for the huge chunk of it, but I really enjoyed it. Not even as a schlocky show like season two, but as a decent piece of television.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 3, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Dont worry, Zach is coming.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm a bit forgetful, I guess, but is the rest of the planet as deep in poo poo as the US? Because if no then a lot of people would be delighted to go to NY, get handed a rifle, loose ROEs and a shitload of strigoïs so shoot.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WitchFetish posted:

I'm a bit forgetful, I guess, but is the rest of the planet as deep in poo poo as the US? Because if no then a lot of people would be delighted to go to NY, get handed a rifle, loose ROEs and a shitload of strigoïs so shoot.

I think the intro implied that the infection has spread to other cities.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WitchFetish posted:

It's quickly spreading from NYC but it won't be elsewhere in the world yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

etalian posted:

I think the intro implied that the infection has spread to other cities.

Yeah I got that loud and clear, I just wondered what was up with the rest of the world. But it seems like the ancient vampires nosferatu-looking motherfuckers lost their buddies that were still on the old continent so it's most likely just a matter of time now.

• Locked thread