Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can you put eggs in bank

can you trade eggs? seems like people itt were giving people mystery eggs for new games or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
No
Yes

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Zore posted:

Yeah, I got like 20000 BP by leaving a couple hundred pokes int he bank.

Its really nice and lets me actually deck people out with good items, change abilities etc.

:stare: what the duck? I have a complete living Dex in my bank and all I've gotten is a couple bp. What am I doing wrong?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

did you choose the plan with the good apr

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

Some things to keep in mind for breeding that make it go faster (not that you're having trouble) are:

Pokemon of the same species make eggs more often
Pokemon with different Trainer IDs make eggs more often
Pokemon of the same species with different Trainer IDs make eggs the most often
Pokemon of different species, but still in the same egg group, and the same Trainer ID WILL eventually produce eggs. It just takes longer. As long as the Daycare person says anything besides "The two prefer to play with other Pokemon," you will get an egg.

The Key Item called the Oval Charm, which you get from the Professor for completing the Regional Pokedex, makes Pokemon produce eggs more often across the board.

Also, females pass down their Pokeball to their offspring; genderless Pokemon cannot inherit Pokeballs by any means whatsoever. :( This makes me sad.

Thanks!. I've only ever bred a little bit to fill out my Pokedex, so I had no idea all these mechanics existed.

Also, I always liked Blitzball more in FFX-2 better, probably because it was more of a "Blitzball Manager 2003" type of thing. Nearly everyone seems to hate that opinion, though.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

QuasiQuack posted:

:stare: what the duck? I have a complete living Dex in my bank and all I've gotten is a couple bp. What am I doing wrong?

The number of miles you get every day is roughly equal to the percentage of the bank that you have full:

code:
Number of miles per day  = ((Number of pokemon in bank / 3000) * 100) - 1
If you have only your living dex (721 pokemon) then you should earn ~23 miles each day, or 2 BP. The most you can get is 99 miles / 9 BP per day by completely filling the bank. (Which is roughly one Ability Capsule every 3 weeks.)
There's a certain amount of rollover, too. If you earn 1.5 miles in a day, you'll only get 1 mile, but the extra 0.5 carries over. The next day you'll get 1.5 + 0.5 = 2 miles per day with 0 carrying over. This explains it all: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319610

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Aaah, I get it. I though you got 20k at once :v:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

I also have 43 BP. It's 1 BP per battle at the Maison, right? What's the fastest way to grind up the remaining 157 BP I need? Triple/Double/Singles?

Yields increase the longer your streak is. Triples is slowest but safest; singles is bullshit. Unlock the Super variants.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Kelp Plankton posted:

For as much as the GTS helped trading stuff online be a thing, the actual real-time online trading system still kind of sucks and needs a lot of work. without any real way to communicate with people it's just you showing pokemon to them and hoping they figure out something you want

a wishlist option would help a lot

If they made an option in the GTS where you could select a pokemon and see all the different pokemon people have deposited in search of that specific pokemon I would be so happy.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Reik posted:

If they made an option in the GTS where you could select a pokemon and see all the different pokemon people have deposited in search of that specific pokemon I would be so happy.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

FishBulb posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

I phrased that poorly, lets say I have a Rotom. I want to be able to select and see who all has a deposited pokemon seeking a Rotom. Maybe someone has a Totodile deposited and is seeking a Rotom, but I wouldn't see it unless I selected Totodile and found the person seeking a Rotom. I'd have to wade through all the "Have Totodile seeking shiny Arceus" idiots.

Reik fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 31, 2016

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Never search for something on the GTS. Just offer up a Pokemon, ask for something vaguely reasonable and you'll get the trade in minutes. Doing it any other way is just frustrating.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Yeah, it would be better if there were other ways to use it, such as searching based on what's requested (not just what's offered) and whitelist deposits. I'm glad I came up with these ideas originally, by myself, and not as a result of reading the last few posts.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I went a little overboard but I'm not too surprised at most of this list. I finally finished breeding and raising my last team until Sun/Moon. I'm hoping that the 20 or so perfect Iv pokemon that I've trained aren't too irrelevant. Hell, I hope I can still use Y as my bank for stat-up drugs, Ruby for breeding, then Sun for topping off IV stats.

http://www.dragonflycave.com/favori...158%2C178%2C206

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Crosspeice posted:

Never search for something on the GTS. Just offer up a Pokemon, ask for something vaguely reasonable and you'll get the trade in minutes. Doing it any other way is just frustrating.

I spent a few days hovering over legendary pokemon on GTS and picked up quite a few legendaries for non-legendary pokemon. You'll pick up some hacked ones, but then you just throw those back for another legendary that appears less likely to be hacked. I got all 36 legendaries doing this and I have about a dozen extras with good natures or just future trade fodder.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Bongo Bill posted:

singles is bullshit.

The AI can only adapt so much.

Choice Scarf Truant Durant with Entrainment

Faint or switch to a Focus Sash Speed Boost Sword Dance/Protect/Baton Pass. Protect during off turns, set during Truant

Baton Pass to Sweeper. Sweep.

edit: Alternatively have Truant Durant with Entrainment, a self buffing Sweeper (Dragon Dance Dragonite) and a late game emergency sweeper

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 31, 2016

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

lezard_valeth posted:

The AI can only adapt so much.

Choice Scarf Truant Durant with Entrainment

Faint or switch to a Focus Sash Speed Boost Sword Dance/Protect/Baton Pass. Protect during off turns, set during Truant

Baton Pass to Sweeper. Sweep.

My favorite gently caress with the AI team was a ferrothorn/scizor/heatran team where I'd front load ferrothorn/scizor and whenever I could see the inevitable fire attack coming I'd switch to heatran and sweep

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

lezard_valeth posted:

My perfect Pokemon game wishlist includes:

- Online Pokeathlon
- Online Contest (eh, why not?)
- More character customization (body type, age, MOAR CLOTHES)
- Pokemon related jobs (ie. chase Team Skull atop a Sharpedo while they try to smuggle Pokeblocks across Kalos, Chansey E.R simulator)

Basically any activities that are bound to happen in a world where humans and Pokemon have lived together since the dawn of time other than Pokemon fights and IV breeding.

Like I never forgave XY for telling you that your mom was this famous Rhyhorn racer champion, tease you with a glimpse of the racing field and never let you participate in said Chocobo Rhyhorn races

To this I forgot to add
- Super Secret Bases with more "Make your own home made Gym" options.
- Pokemon walk behind you

Just add every single loving feature that was introduced in the past and removed for no raisin and just make the best Pokemon game ever gdi

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 31, 2016

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Zodack posted:

Speaking of hatching shinies I am about 900 hatches into my Masuda+shiny charm attempt and I'm starting to lose my mind

Don't count, just hatch.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Does anyone with a Powersave want to help me edit a dude sometime tonight? I'm doing a bunch of breeding for a replay of OR, but my poor starter is going to be so outclassed by all the bred Pokés that I'd like to boost his stats. I already reset for nature, but his IVs are nothing to write home about.

I really hope GF treats starters like legendaries and gives them a guaranteed 3 perfect IVs or something in SuMo.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

HalfHazard posted:

Don't count, just hatch.

I only started looking at my total after far more time than I expected passed

Today's the day though...

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Zodack posted:

I only started looking at my total after far more time than I expected passed

Today's the day though...

your expectations are already set to high. haha. Good luck though. Ever since playing Gold and Silver, I've only ever gotten 1 shiny.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

lezard_valeth posted:

To this I forgot to add

Just add every single loving feature that was introduced in the past and removed for no raisin and just make the best Pokemon game ever gdi

They're saving all those features for the pokemon MMO

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

cancerianmoth posted:

your expectations are already set to high. haha. Good luck though. Ever since playing Gold and Silver, I've only ever gotten 1 shiny.

I've gotten a few in my time but the odds for what I'm currently doing are 1/512. Which means 3000 hatches later maybe I'll have one

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I encountered my first ever wild shiny a couple days ago and it's lickitung. Congrats to me.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

They're saving all those features for the pokemon MMO

Any year now...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

if your shiny breloom isn't in a fast ball then your efforts were misplaced to begin with

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

oddium posted:

if your shiny breloom isn't in a fast ball then your efforts were misplaced to begin with

Level Ball, actually. Or it will be. Same orange theme, I just liked the design a bit more.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Breadallelogram posted:

I encountered my first ever wild shiny a couple days ago and it's lickitung. Congrats to me.

Congrats to you

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Pokemon Snap should be a minigame in Sun and Moon

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

ALFbrot posted:

It's already in full 3D and if they keep the dexnav/hidden pokemon stuff they're halfway there

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

ALFbrot posted:

This would be a cool way to do the Safari Zone. Like Snap but with "throw Pokeball" as an option.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Diet Poison posted:

This would be a cool way to do the Safari Zone. Like Snap but with "throw Pokeball" as an option.

if you have a smartphone boy do i have some good news for you

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Houle posted:

I went a little overboard but I'm not too surprised at most of this list. I finally finished breeding and raising my last team until Sun/Moon. I'm hoping that the 20 or so perfect Iv pokemon that I've trained aren't too irrelevant. Hell, I hope I can still use Y as my bank for stat-up drugs, Ruby for breeding, then Sun for topping off IV stats.

http://www.dragonflycave.com/favori...158%2C178%2C206

All solid choices except for moltres.

lezard_valeth posted:

To this I forgot to add

I seriously don't understand this opinion. If they kept every non core feature in every game and never got rid of any of them the games would be an unwieldy mess and overall quality would suffer. Seriously what are you expecting? It takes a ton of work to implement things like Pokemon that follow you and it'd take ages to animate them all in 3D. One of the only features that would be reasonable to expect that they didn't include was trainer customization in ORAS.
Are you saying that you'd even want Pokemon musicals to be carried over to gen 6?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

All solid choices except for moltres.

I seriously don't understand this opinion. If they kept every non core feature in every game and never got rid of any of them the games would be an unwieldy mess and overall quality would suffer. Seriously what are you expecting? It takes a ton of work to implement things like Pokemon that follow you and it'd take ages to animate them all in 3D. One of the only features that would be reasonable to expect that they didn't include was trainer customization in ORAS.
Are you saying that you'd even want Pokemon musicals to be carried over to gen 6?

What about stuff that isn't difficult that was just... removed for no real reason though?

Like having some wild encounters at night start off asleep, Wild double battles, trainer rematches, gym leader rematches... there's a ton of stuff like that where implementing it would be trivial and yet it was removed.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
The employees that implemented them were obviously terminated and in honor of their termination so went everything they had ever worked on. The guy who decided that having two bikes with separate mechanics was terminated before gen 4 only to be re-hired for gen 6, obviously. He's also the guy who came up with sky battles.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Decus posted:

The employees that implemented them were obviously terminated and in honor of their termination so went everything they had ever worked on. The guy who decided that having two bikes with separate mechanics was terminated before gen 4 only to be re-hired for gen 6, obviously. He's also the guy who came up with sky battles.

I hope he's half-fired.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

cancerianmoth posted:

I've played every generation, sometimes multiple times, and I have seen and caught exactly one (1) shiny pokemon. It was a Golbat, who is now a Crobat. She has a good nature, and I look forward to SUMO letting me fix her IVs so my very flesh toned Crobat can throw down with other poke bros

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How mad are people who run into shiny garchomps and Pikachu and Persians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Calaveron posted:

How mad are people who run into shiny garchomps and Pikachu and Persians

I feel sorry for those people for hacking