Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Fingers McGee posted:

All's Quiet on the Western Gunt
ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I feel like I'm on At Midnight with these.

Sopwith Cameltoe

Autist-Goonarian Empire

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Wow the foggy version of this map is utter horse poo poo.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

It's a dust storm!!!

Swap your gear for close quarters and get to stabbing fools who are blinded.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Pleads posted:

It's a dust storm!!!

Swap your gear for close quarters and get to stabbing fools who are blinded.

I guess. It just looks like a bunch of white foggy bullshit. The storm yesterday looked like a storm. This (even in map view) looked like the whole area had low fog. (You could see mountain tips.)

It just sucked. Also really not liking how you spawn in on this map. The number of times I have spawned behind an enemy tank backing up and instantly killing me, etc...

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Can we start abbreviating it as BF so I can say butt gently caress in my head more often

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I like the blinding dust storms myself. Having a lot of fun with the game.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
After an hour of being unable to connect, finally got in.

Gunplay seems janky as gently caress. Tanks are baller. Biplanes are cool. Sandstorms can suck a bag of dicks. Mounted cannons are loving awesome (for sniping with).

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

This game is cool, aiming seems to take a little bit of adjusting. If anyone on XBone wants to play (I added my name to that list thing but lord knows if anyone goes over it) add me! GT is SandRifle.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

so on ps4 are the servers busted in a "nobody can play this right now" way? or is it more of a "keep refreshing to go online and eventually it will work" way

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

so on ps4 are the servers busted in a "nobody can play this right now" way? or is it more of a "keep refreshing to go online and eventually it will work" way

for me the latter. was able to get in after refreshing a bunch and got booted after 2 rounds.

game owns btw.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/8GneVf3.gifv

red19fire
May 26, 2010

drat it I just want to slay some krauts like my great grandfathers before me. Although as I recall both bf4 and bfh had server problems in the early days. Glad to see :dice: still refuses to learn from their mistakes.

E: In fact, IIRC correctly the hardline beta had connection problems, :dice: promised it would be fixed on release day, and had the same problems on release day, for like a week. Then the Division developers said they were postponing release because they didn't want to be like DICE :iceburn: and disappoint fans.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 1, 2016

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/QIXWQ6J.gifv

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
http://i.imgur.com/B7ilmUF.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
drat I've never gotten a good video of that happening, it usually happens down in a corner of the screen

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

red19fire posted:

drat it I just want to slay some krauts like my great grandfathers before me. Although as I recall both bf4 and bfh had server problems in the early days. Glad to see :dice: still refuses to learn from their mistakes.

E: In fact, IIRC correctly the hardline beta had connection problems, :dice: promised it would be fixed on release day, and had the same problems on release day, for like a week. Then the Division developers said they were postponing release because they didn't want to be like DICE :iceburn: and disappoint fans.

It's not really :dice:; some group of shitbirds called PoodleCorp is DDOSing EA/BF1 servers.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

angels of mons pubis

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They leaked the new class for the official release

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Placed in queue: Queue position: 64

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

My queue went down to 16 and then got stuck for 30 minutes. :dice:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Well the new main menu screen seems alright at least and the music is cool

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

FastestGunAlive posted:

Well the new main menu screen seems alright at least and the music is cool

Use the server browser we're out here dumpin'

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

THE SERVER IS FULL. YOU HAVE BEEN PLACED IN THE QUEUE.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
The light tank is savage.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

So I take it there is some kind of bonus for not using the scopes on the sniper rifles? RoF or something like that?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Is it really hard to get a plane or what? I've never even come close.

Loving the ground vehicles though. Shooting feels really good with actual leading etc.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Ahh I never play snipers but the Russian winchester rifle without the scope is so drat fun, feel John wayne as poo poo.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The AT Rocket Gun is a hilarious sniper
http://i.imgur.com/t7L2t7W.gifv

Don't even have to aim at the guy
http://i.imgur.com/mtaa9YD.gifv

red19fire
May 26, 2010

For whatever reason it's not displaying the post round stats but whatever this is fun as hell.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

red19fire posted:

For whatever reason it's not displaying the post round stats but whatever this is fun as hell.

Same here on both counts

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I had the "you spawn with only your gun and no grenades/specials and if you swap classes you literally have nothing and can't even melee" bug.

Was able to pick up a dead person's kit but could only use the main gun in that one, too.

:dice:

Still fun!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I had an issue earlier where I spawned as cavalry but with no horse. I couldn't shoot my gun unless I was sprinting

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

So I take it there is some kind of bonus for not using the scopes on the sniper rifles? RoF or something like that?

I believed if you use a rifle with no scope, then you can pull the bolt and continue firing without exiting the sights. Dunno about anything else.

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008
Anyone play the BETA on Xbox1..?

And want to play?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Schroeder91 posted:

I believed if you use a rifle with no scope, then you can pull the bolt and continue firing without exiting the sights. Dunno about anything else.

It may just be that but it feels good. Feels like playing DoD/1942. Feels just and right. That and each shot is like 80% life anywhere on the body and you can crank em out at a fair pace at least with the winchester.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the artillery trucks are actually pretty monstrous

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Just played a couple hours with four friends. On Xbox One. Game is hella fun. Basically what I wish Star Wars Battlefront had been!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I swear, if BF1 changed the air combat to copy that of War Thunder control wise it would be absurdly good to be a pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Has anyone gotten hate mail from teabagging yet? People don't seem to get as butthurt about that type of thing as they do in Destiny... yet

http://i.imgur.com/bGSJ36T.gifv

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Sep 1, 2016