Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I would be literally the opposite of mad to run into a shiny gible

Though honestly at this point I'd take literally any shiny, the only one I've ever seen was in GSC and it was a self-destructing graveler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Calaveron posted:

How mad are people who run into shiny garchomps and Pikachu and Persians

I got wondertraded a shiny Raichu once.

I retraded it basically immediately.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

who cares if it's hacked

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Good hearted people with pride

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Manatee Cannon posted:

who cares if it's hacked
hacked pokemon don't deserve love

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

One could argue that hacked shinies undermine the specialness of shinies in general.

That being said, I do appreciate the hacked 6IV shiny Ditto named "KimKardashian" that I got from wondertrade. While I technically don't rely on it for all my breeding, it's a godsend for genderless Pokémon.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I once was wonder traded a level 100 shiny Sawsbuck named NHLFAN2012 or something goofy like that. I kept it out of respect for the generator's apparent HOCKEY FIGHTING SPIRIT and his frankly strange choice in critters to fake.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

You may hack. It is allowed.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
I keep any perfect IV non-legendary mons I get wonder traded for use in the Battle Maison because if the AI is going to use bullshit, then so am I.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Wouldn't it be easier to implement pokemon following you around now a days? Just have a generic walk cycle for each 'major' body type (biped, quadruped, bouncing, etc) which would work for nearly every pokemon in the game. Flying types would just use their battle animation and glide behind you.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

frankly any porygon line that isn't hacked is suspect

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I don't mind hacked pokemon, but if you hack a pokemon in such a way that it is impossible instead of just highly improbable, then I will be disgusted by how little you care.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I remember getting a shiny deoxys in gen4 gts and loathing the fucker

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

If I received a hacked shiny in wonder trade, I'd send that fucker off into the wild to either die an abomination or pass on its genes as a missing link between Charmander and weird yellow-tinted Charmander.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
In HGSS I once asked someone for any pokemon with active pokerus. I ended up with a Shaymin, which I can only assume was hacked and which I released as soon as it had done its job

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

someone gave me a pokerus treecko yesterday :)

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
If people want to hack pokemon to fight. That's fine. I use a hacked ditto for my pokemon breeding to speed up the process. That being said breeding is now only going to be for abilities, natures, and egg moves - which it should have been in the first place. The whole breeding process is pretty messed up. Most of my pokemon in the bank are breeding rejects and 4,5,6 IV pokemon who i have for future trades. Like Volcanion, and Hoopa - the only Pokemon I'm missing.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Hacked pokerus shinies are great, I've been trading them for legendaries on the GTS when I get them in a wonder trade.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Bongo Bill posted:

I don't mind hacked pokemon, but if you hack a pokemon in such a way that it is impossible instead of just highly improbable, then I will be disgusted by how little you care.

yeah, if people just make them be possibly legit its cool by me but hacking in impossible stuff is just boring

oh cool a shiny mewtwo caught at lv100 on route 3 in a dream ball i can totally use this for absolutely nothing ever. like if you want to just make those for yourself its fine but sending them out on the GTS isnt impressing anyone its just dumb

but bypassing a bunch of breeding and grinding stuff is fine by me, who cares if its hacked as long as its legal

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

mabels big day posted:

You may hack. It is allowed.

Ehhhh, everybody cheater!! Next time I cheat! Waaaahahaha

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Brother Entropy posted:

if you have a smartphone boy do i have some good news for you

Come again? I know you're not suggesting that Pokemon Go is anything like being able to play Snap and be able to catch and raise something you see there, because then you'd need to be committed.

I feel bad for my hacked Pokemon. I effed something up when I made them so the online server catches them. Oh and I regret not making Impossible Fuckers to cheese the Maison with because sometimes you just want a shitload of BP without having to try very hard. Kinda cracks me up when people talk about being mad to receive one though. Just do what that person did and pass it on, eventually it'll blow some 8 year old's mind.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Diet Poison posted:

Come again? I know you're not suggesting that Pokemon Go is anything like being able to play Snap and be able to catch and raise something you see there, because then you'd need to be committed.

I feel bad for my hacked Pokemon. I effed something up when I made them so the online server catches them. Oh and I regret not making Impossible Fuckers to cheese the Maison with because sometimes you just want a shitload of BP without having to try very hard. Kinda cracks me up when people talk about being mad to receive one though. Just do what that person did and pass it on, eventually it'll blow some 8 year old's mind.

With the AR enabled, and you take pictures, then you can catch them, and level them up.... The only thing you can't do at the moment is teach them new moves. So, I can see how Pokémon Go is like Snap.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Diet Poison posted:

you can catch and raise and take pictures of pokemon in pokemon go, friend

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
If u could only use mons native to a particular region (like hoenn gardevoir is good but alakazam is not even if abra is catchable in hoenn) which region would you use

Unova is probably best competitively, but I think hoenn has my favorites design wise like swampert, and torkoal

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

tbp posted:

If u could only use mons native to a particular region (like hoenn gardevoir is good but alakazam is not even if abra is catchable in hoenn) which region would you use

Unova is probably best competitively, but I think hoenn has my favorites design wise like swampert, and torkoal

You think Unova is the best competitively? I guess it depends on if you allow Mega-evos and Primal Reversions because if you allow them I'm pretty sure the best is Hoenn in a landslide with Kanto coming in second. If we're going Smogon OU rules, I'd still say Hoenn and Kanto are in strong consideration vs Unova because of all the good Mega-evos Unova doesn't have access to.

Regardless, I'm torn between Unova and Kalos. I'd probably go Kalos right now, just because Tyrantrum, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Aegislash, Clawitzer, Goodra, Gogoat, Greninja...

Unova did have a lot of greats though; Scolipede, Volcarona, Leavanny, Galvantula, Gigalith, Archeops, Chandelure, Electross, Haxorus, Bisharp...

Johto might have been up there, since I love Tyranitar, Scizor and Heracross. Buuuuut basically nothing else except Forretress.

Zore fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 1, 2016

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
So did you guys know for sure the wondertraded Pokemon was hacked or did you just assume it was because it was shiny?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Total shiny count between 9 games: 3, and one was a shiny Donphan in silver

The other two are a Beedrill and Mamoswine, both with trash natures

Plus like 5 hacked shiny Eevees from Soul Silver GTS

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Cerony posted:

So did you guys know for sure the wondertraded Pokemon was hacked or did you just assume it was because it was shiny?

All shinys are hacked except mine.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Cerony posted:

I traded the raichu because its shiny color sucks.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I was looking at some shinies and it's neat that the nidorans and nidorino/inas have this cool thing where they swap colors but then they hosed it up by making Nidoqueen green and I figure somebody wasn't paying attention that day

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Pretty sure most if not all old shinies (and many new ones) are simply a pallet shift

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that somebody was the color pallette algorithm

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

whoops hosed it up

I mean surely somebody at gamefreak could've said something, maybe manually change some values or just inkdrop and fill tool that poo poo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

homie got a weird orangepink bikini

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Calaveron posted:

I mean surely somebody at gamefreak could've said something, maybe manually change some values or just inkdrop and fill tool that poo poo

They'll fix shiny Nidoqueen's colors when it and Nidorina can breed.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Shiny hydreigon is the thing that should not be.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shiny Hydreigon should've been King Ghidorah colors.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
You've played Pokemon since small times, Red and Blue, and your first shiny is Kecleon

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Why does Pidgeot get a megavolve and not Fearow or say, any of the other three stage trashbirds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Why does Pidgeot get a megavolve and not Fearow or say, any of the other three stage trashbirds?

Someone at Gamefreak had a design they wanted to use probably.

Why is Audino the only Gen V pokemon to get one? Why did Glalie, Medicham and Banette get them?

Why did Beedrill get one and not Butterfree?

:shrug:

Also, Pidgeot was the worst of the 3-stage trashbirds while also being the iconic Gen 1 bird. Talonflame is amazing, Staraptor is legit good and Unfezant is at least decent (It gets Hypnosis which is kinda neat, and its attack is good).

Pidgeot was hot garbage.

Zore fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 1, 2016