Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is EA still getting DDOS'd? Can't log into Origin. People are stupid :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

boy i sure wish i could play right about now

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Took forever to join a game, then when I did join it ran like rear end and no one on the server had any weapons. Sounds about right for a new Battlefield.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

Took forever to join a game, then when I did join it ran like rear end and no one on the server had any weapons. Sounds about right for a new Battlefield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiKx8lOEktQ

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

Tagichatn posted:

It shows as everyone rank 0 when at end of the round and everybody on the same side. I have all the weapons but I did the battlefield.com -> career trick to unlock them weapons.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

FAILED TO JOIN SERVER 1 is a great game

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Well, from the sounds of it I'm glad I was able to get a couple of great games in before everything went to poo poo.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
My immersion is ruined

http://i.imgur.com/8GneVf3.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Sorry one more

http://i.imgur.com/QIXWQ6J.gifv

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

AEMINAL posted:

boy i sure wish i could play right about now

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

game bad so what

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Kinda underwhelming.

Where's Bad Company 3?

Oh right

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

After playing for several more hours it's cool but I don't know if it's $60 cool.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Tab8715 posted:

After playing for several more hours it's cool but I don't know if it's $60 cool.

how about $110 cool? because that's how much i'm going to pay for this game

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Man you guys who haven't actually gotten to play yet are in for a fuckin' hell of a treat when you finally get to experience the magic of the transforming heavy tanks/landships.

It's a bug where any time someone enters your heavy tank/land ship it changes the loadout of the tank so you could theoretically transform to suit your needs on the battlefield.

Yes it's awesome.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Rolling Scissors posted:

It shows as everyone rank 0 when at end of the round and everybody on the same side. I have all the weapons but I did the battlefield.com -> career trick to unlock them weapons.

What career trick

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Don Lapre posted:

What career trick

Earlier you could go on the bf site, login, go to loadout, and buy all of the weapons (including all of the ones that say not available) as long as you had enough war bonds. I had about 1,900 and set my assault up to be a tank destroying machine. As long as there's support around for ammo afterwards, a single assault with the proper loadout can take out even heavy tanks 1v1.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yeah, the anti-tank attack plane is basically an air sniper. You only fire one shot every few seconds, but if it hits something dies.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

Boogaleeboo posted:

Yeah, the anti-tank attack plane is basically an air sniper. You only fire one shot every few seconds, but if it hits something dies.

I love it, makes a bitch to hit anything in the air though but if you do will hurt.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Don Lapre posted:

What career trick

http://battlefield.com/career

Pretty sure it still works, someone in mumble did it not that long ago.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
If you like jumping on the horse with the heavy armour pickups, try spawning on a horse. The officer has a bulletproof vest, comes with light AT nades and drops ammo and health kits. They can absorb the best part of two SMG mags and still murder the lower class with saber and handgun. Their only weakness (applies to the heavy armour kits as well) is bayonet charges, outside of that you can keep yourself topped up to avoid melee takedowns.

The M1911 is so wonderfully lethal I wish I could run around with the tank gewehr and pistol all the time. :allears:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

They totally stole the bayonet charge from Red Orchestra, even the mechanics are similar.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

BTW in rush mode, have somebody in a tank crash on top of the point after you've set the bomb. Even if they blow up the huge wobbly tank corpse prevents anyone from getting in and disabling it lmao

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
The career thing was a pain in the rear end but I'm looking forward to trying to gently caress tanks with my anti-tank rifle

Engineer 24/7

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011
How do you swing your sword on the left side? C isn't working for me.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

got in game, sat in a jeep mg for a while, suddenly it despawned. game took away my everything but my main gun but gave me god mode :lol:

edit: oh apparently the other team didn't have guns :lol:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Me and my friend bought the same shotgun but his comes with a bayonet and mine doesn't. What the gently caress?!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

DreamShipWrecked posted:

They totally stole the bayonet charge from Red Orchestra, even the mechanics are similar.

The mechanics of "hold gun, run forward"?

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
Loving the M1907 auto for medic. Kills everyone short to mid.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

K8.0 posted:

http://battlefield.com/career

Pretty sure it still works, someone in mumble did it not that long ago.

The site is still having problems. I was able to buy and equip some stuff, but now it's down.

So basically keep spamming and you might get through :v:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
the conquest map kinda sucks but otherwise its all v good

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Mother of god, the shotgun. If you haven't tried it yet please do.

Steps:
1. Have a shotgun
2. Be at C
3. Never stop running
4. 3:1KDR minimum.

I actually ran out of ammo one life because I was murking so hard. Not to mention that ammo limited, the AT rocket gun makes an impromptu one hit kill sniper rifle.

Personally whatever is AT/Engineer ends up being my favorite and best BF class and this is turning out to be no different.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

ethanol posted:

Rush feels exactly the same to me as it did in every other rush game. What is it that makes people says it's better here?

The parts of the map user for rush are made for rush. If they fit well into the conquest map they add that to a section of the map. If the area would be bad in conquest they make it a separate area of the map not accessible in conquest. So rush bits are made for rush and conquest parts are conquest. This makes the maps better generally in their respective game modes. It also makes them much easier to balance.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The Conquest map is basically "DO YOU HATE COVER? GOOD, HERE'S A MAP WITHOUT ANY!" and then you get sniped by one of the billion pubbie snipers who finally got lucky. Then you start drinking because that kill justified the last three hours of his life, sitting on a hill, miles away from anything, missing every shot until he finally did something mildly useful and proceeded to jerk off furiously about how badass he is.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I'm trying this career loadout trick but all it seems to be doing is eating my war dollars and not unlocking anything?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Capn Beeb posted:

I'm trying this career loadout trick but all it seems to be doing is eating my war dollars and not unlocking anything?

Try reloading the webpage. Works for me. I just spam on a ton of poo poo, wait a few minutes, reload the page.

also

quote:

Heavy Flamethrower Tank

Rare versions of this tank actually had two flamethrowers making it effective in close combat. This version can also deploy a defensive gas cloud and restore mobility quickly.
I really want this tank to be good :flame:

I assume the mobility stat just means how good a weapon is at hipfire.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

So every Conquest server I load into spawns you with no guns unless you have non-default weapons unlocked. Which I can't seem to unlock because the end of round screen in both modes doesn't seem to award any experience. Makes Rush mode real fun without any way to unlock anti-tank weaponry.

At least it runs really well.

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005

FallenGod posted:

So every Conquest server I load into spawns you with no guns unless you have non-default weapons unlocked. Which I can't seem to unlock because the end of round screen in both modes doesn't seem to award any experience. Makes Rush mode real fun without any way to unlock anti-tank weaponry.

At least it runs really well.

Just dropped in to check if it was just me.

I'd like a gun please.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Light tank best tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I had fun with this despite the bugs. Sinai also looks great. Lighting a dude on fire with a flare and body slamming a bomber into the ground with the fighter were probably the highlights. Spawning in with a weapon is up there as well.