Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Yeah seriously wtf. Did he just admit to a war crime?

All those people whove thanked him for his service really have some egg on their face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Controversial opinion here but I think it was good that Yoel Romero cheated and then beat Tim Kennedy's rear end

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

origami posted:

#justwomenandkids

Someone tweet http://moralmachine.mit.edu/ at him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i watch yoel / kennedy every time kennedy says something stupid and it might be my most prolifically watched fight

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is that the one were Yoel gets ko'd and wont get off the stool but still ends up winning?

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.

i made this and seeing it in this thread made me very very confused for a second

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Fifthace posted:

i made this and seeing it in this thread made me very very confused for a second

Imagine how kc green feels like, all the time

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.

fatherdog posted:

Imagine how kc green feels like, all the time

haha he expresses how he feels about it pretty clearly and no thanks, not for me

this is fine dog made him some money though at least

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Also with the plethora of racists, domestic abusers and out-and-out criminals in mma it takes quite a bit to stand out as an odious person, but actively discouraging people with PTSD from seeking treatment from a position of authority/respect within the community is pretty loving awful.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

LordPants posted:

Is that the one were Yoel gets ko'd and wont get off the stool but still ends up winning?

Yep. Despite his complaining about Yoel's blatant stalling for time Kennedy himself also cheated in that fight, the punches that rocked Yoel and almost finished him at the end of the round were delivered when Kennedy had a hold of Yoel's glove.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Did somebody make a TUF 24 thread? Because it's on, like, now

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

god I hope Baby Sakuraba goes far

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

fatherdog posted:

Also with the plethora of racists, domestic abusers and out-and-out criminals in mma it takes quite a bit to stand out as an odious person, but actively discouraging people with PTSD from seeking treatment from a position of authority/respect within the community is pretty loving awful.

fearing getting called a pussy is exactly what's holding back an awful lot of people from seeking treatment. it's almost amazing how loving awful he is.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
lmao his parents make pinatas for a living...

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
The Mexican kid has pretty nice footwork.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
hands up if anyone at any of your guys' mma gyms aren't wearing shirts by the time sparring is over... i only seem to see that online (hur)

e: holy poo poo that cute dog

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
fd, i actually just noticed the difference between the way the mexican kid throws kicks compared to the brazillian. you're right

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
This is already better than almost all other TUF fights. Not that it's saying much.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Tezcatlipoca posted:

This is already better than almost all other TUF fights. Not that it's saying much.

Given that these guys are A) flyweights and B) all regional champions, this season is probably gonna have the highest actual fight quality in years

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
omfg that sit out -> back take

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Let's see some suggestions for a September thread title. Not a particularly eventful month, but I'm sure we can get something good.

It amazes me that we're nearly two months removed from Brock Lesnar and Jon Probationer Jones popping for drugs with no resolution even in sight for either of them.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
UFC Sep - Back To School Thread - Trying To Pass The Tests

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I like these little background vignettes they're doing, it gives you a much better sense of who each guy is.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
agreed, isn't the tiger gym the one of the many taking westerners for suckers? I don't remember exactly which do

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Eat Bum Zen posted:

agreed, isn't the tiger gym the one of the many taking westerners for suckers? I don't remember exactly which do

A bunch of current and former UFC fighters train there. Taisumov is one of them and he has been wrecking dudes.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Tezcatlipoca posted:

A bunch of current and former UFC fighters train there. Taisumov is one of them and he has been wrecking dudes.

hm, I must be wrong. i've watched some documentaries (one was advant garde or whatever) I must have the wrong one

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Zounds

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Well Kai just ate his lunch, drat.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
drat

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Tim Kennedy was a sniper specifically, so that means he focused his scope on a child and thought, "Gotcha, fucker."

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
How did Saku sneak onto TUF?

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Tim Kennedy was a sniper specifically, so that means he focused his scope on a child and thought, "Gotcha, fucker."

actually snipers are significantly more detached from the action of killing than infantry

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

ufc - wake reem up when september ends

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

UFC September - Punk is Dead

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
UFC September - All our signings used to have a Silva lining.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Trast posted:

UFC September - All our signings used to have a Silva lining.

UFC September - Silva Signings Playbook

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
T-Ken dropping wisdom as always

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

UFC September - So long and thanks for all the fights

(Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ruled)

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

The Ultimate Fighter might actually be really good this season, in terms of the fights.

Cejudo continues to be a gross weird-o who chews with his mouth open and mentions how emotionally difficult his fighter's win was for himself in the middle of his team victory speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I liked it the last time they did the seeded brackets, and this seems like a great bunch of fighters. Should be excellent.

• Locked thread