Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Sorry sorry sorry, I'll be there to protect you sorry from computer zombies sorry again no sorry really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im gobna start pretending to be a girl on the internet and mine these creepers for their coin

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Zzulu posted:

im gobna start pretending to be a girl on the internet and mine these creepers for their coin

thats literally illegal, have fun in prison criminal scum

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

The Real Foogla posted:

hes part time trans

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

The Real Foogla posted:

yeah fucker, im a girl spiritually so its ok

now buy stufff for me and ill send u a pic of my boobs (moobs)

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Zzulu posted:

Make a bot that tries to convince lonely people to give a fake girl money and call the proceeds sadcoins.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

mind the walrus posted:

At the end of the day I don't mind poisonous bad characters like the Joker, Rorschach or whatever nor the sadbrains who idolize them. I just wish they didn't take up so much loving screentime.

The trouble with that was that a lot of Watchmen follows Rorschach's investigation, sorta by necessity, so...yea, it means you see/hear a lot of the dingus. In terms of which hosed up individual got just the right amount/balance of exposure, I'd deffo have to say the Comedian since him being already dead and all, you get these snippets of him, each with substance, and it never gets overbearing though obviously shows off just what sort of insane gently caress he was. Some might say Veidt, but lmao - only a goon could like the exposure of him, since there's little of him until the very end, where he's just 110% :spergin:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Pitdragon posted:

do all nice guys have serious mommy issues? do they always have this weird unhealthy relationship with their mother???

All of them want a woman who functions both as a sexual partner and as a replacement for their mom. You see the same thing with techbros and all the idiotic startup companies whose selling point boils down to "this service means you don't have to worry about this minor simple thing you didn't have to worry about as a kid because your mom took care of it."

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

They hired a new receptionist at work and now I take the long way to the bathroom because she's cute and I don't want to have to think every time I walk by her "she knows. She knows what I'm about to do."

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mak0rz posted:

ill be your friend pick :)

ur my friend :buddy:

so is nomchom, i've read his posts elsewhere they are good

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Neo Rasa posted:

All of them want a woman who functions both as a sexual partner and as a replacement for their mom. You see the same thing with techbros and all the idiotic startup companies whose selling point boils down to "this service means you don't have to worry about this minor simple thing you didn't have to worry about as a kid because your mom took care of it."

Well, I think we have a culture that has implied technology should do these things because people are "too good" or "too important" to be doing these menial tasks themselves. Well, no one's too good to run a laundry machine and most of the little tech gimmicks don't really work and aren't worth implementing, but still people will readily shift the responsibility for doing these things onto others. It's not always men expecting women to do chores; I think the phenomenon is bigger than that, though that's a very conspicuous dimension of it. I have met both men and women who are unbelievably lazy and stubborn about not doing x/y/z even though those are completely normal things that normal people have to do.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

gigawhite posted:

They hired a new receptionist at work and now I take the long way to the bathroom because she's cute and I don't want to have to think every time I walk by her "she knows. She knows what I'm about to do."

Lol

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

mrwuss posted:

hes part time trans

you're full time gross

Pick posted:

Well, I think we have a culture that has implied technology should do these things because people are "too good" or "too important" to be doing these menial tasks themselves. Well, no one's too good to run a laundry machine and most of the little tech gimmicks don't really work and aren't worth implementing, but still people will readily shift the responsibility for doing these things onto others. It's not always men expecting women to do chores; I think the phenomenon is bigger than that, though that's a very conspicuous dimension of it. I have met both men and women who are unbelievably lazy and stubborn about not doing x/y/z even though those are completely normal things that normal people have to do.

I agree with this general sentiment. I don't think it's 100% laziness, but the relentless search for tech based optimizations often attempts to implement ill functioning solutions that ultimately take more time to create than time they save. their only value is that they show us what doesn't work.

I'm saying that as someone in software development so I'm basically negging the field. hope an hb9 company spreads its legs for me now, employment wise

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Pick posted:

Men are too good to have to be polite/tip/do chores/bathe compared to women is a guiding principle of all MRA/PUA/etc. type folks. Obviously there are lazy people in all genders but I think it's fair to say it's a taught mindset for a lot of men. Even technology advertised to women is often advertised around "at last, you'll have more free time to look hot for your man and cook food for him just like you should be doing." even today. A lot of those developments happen because of the mindset that *men* are too important for this.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

gigawhite posted:

I'm not sure if she knows that you're masturbating while thinking about her

Probably just thinks you're going for a piss or something

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

I'm too important to cook *spends thousands of dollars and hours of time on researching prime nutrition goop and its perfect recipe and preparation* nailed it. God my time is valuable

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
If she finds out pee comes out of my weiner, I'll never get through the friendzone...

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Neo Rasa posted:

Men are too good to have to be polite/tip/do chores/bathe compared to women is a guiding principle of all MRA/PUA/etc. type folks. Obviously there are lazy people in all genders but I think it's fair to say it's a taught mindset for a lot of men. Even technology advertised to women is often advertised around "at last, you'll have more free time to look hot for your man and cook food for him just like you should be doing." even today. A lot of those developments happen because of the mindset that *men* are too important for this.

Well yeah, for sure. I just mean that I think this problem is bigger than mothers coddling their sons. I think it's that "and when your mother isn't there, someone else should coddle you" is an underlying message in advertisement/marketing, and when the product can't do this service (or the guy can't afford it) that attitude remains. The best way to sell a product or service is to convince someone that they "deserve" it, and drat the consequences of that kind of messaging!

also lol hiac, ilu :h:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
girls think poo is sexy, idiot

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I think she's into me though?? I can feel her eyeballs on my butt when I walk by. I'm thinking about leaving a single rose on her desk when she's at lunch and if she puts it in a glass to keep it alive then I will take things to Phase 2

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

gigawhite posted:

I think she's into me though?? I can feel her eyeballs on my butt when I walk by. I'm thinking about leaving a single rose on her desk when she's at lunch and if she puts it in a glass to keep it alive then I will take things to Phase 2

:kimchi:

sometime you guys are just too drat cute.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

gigawhite posted:

You should write her a three page letter expressing your feelings

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

gigawhite posted:

It's because she hears the massive farts and creaking as the toilet strains under the onslaught.

You walk by and all she can think is "what the gently caress is coming out of there?"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
also whoever mentioned making fun of dragon age 2: all my friends are allowed to make fun of dragon age 2 to their heart's content, even though it is the best video game ever

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pick posted:

also whoever mentioned making fun of dragon age 2: all my friends are allowed to make fun of dragon age 2 to their heart's content, even though it is the best video game ever

isnt that the rocks fall everyone dies one?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
^^^ no that's never winter nights 2

Pick posted:

quoting so you can't edit

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SneakyFrog posted:

isnt that the rocks fall everyone dies one?

no, but it's basically "friends with morons (some of which are elves)" simulator, so it's basically perfect

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Pick posted:

okay good

because i really like making fun of it because it has so many good ideas in it mired in one of the most boring combat slogs ever and a rushjob third act and it makes me very mad that all that potential got thrown away and we probably won't get another attempt at a tight focus game like that for a while :argh:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Shugojin posted:

okay good

because i really like making fun of it because it has so many good ideas in it mired in one of the most boring combat slogs ever and a rushjob third act and it makes me very mad that all that potential got thrown away and we probably won't get another attempt at a tight focus game like that for a while :argh:

those arguments are completely legitimate, but i fear that if the game had more development time, they'd have cleaned up the writing too much and we wouldn't have gotten Dork City & Pals

that said, it did need way more real content. and the dlc wasn't intended for the kind of people who were actually still playing da2 at that point.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pick posted:

no, but it's basically "friends with morons (some of which are elves)" simulator, so it's basically perfect

not enough space waifus. Its not like even in space. How am i supposed to role-play as a non girdled double fist overhand chop captain kirk surrounded by stupid non-space elves?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SneakyFrog posted:

not enough space waifus. Its not like even in space. How am i supposed to role-play as a non girdled double fist overhand chop captain kirk surrounded by stupid non-space elves?

you could always try getting sex chummy with the whiny unemployed terrorist who has a whole nother guy in his head and flips his poo poo all the time and somehow dumps you???

it's, if anything, too realistic

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pick posted:

you could always try getting sex chummy with the whiny unemployed terrorist who has a whole nother guy in his head and flips his poo poo all the time and somehow dumps you???

it's, if anything, too realistic

i think i might be getting vibes on why you are having difficulties picking pick's passion possibilities if that is "too realistic" for you.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Pick posted:

Dragon Age 2 is great once you realize it's all a flashback told by Varric and Varric is a godawful storyteller who writes garbage novels.

Zenos Paradise
Apr 2, 2011

Did somebody say honeypot?

FoxStrats posted:

I take solace in this. No one will ever know that all of my quips and mannerisms can be accounted for by my dog genetics.

Also -- and this is only tangentially related -- gently caress dating. I just tried to do it, and it didn't work out at all. It's a really bitter, empty feeling when she won't just tell you she's not interested and also whether she'll fill your bowl every morning

I miss being a kid.

You whore bitches don't deserve a good boy like me .ppt

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Please stop encouraging pick to post about the worst game ever she doesn't need any encouragement :eyepop:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
When you are in the room, she's super fixated on her work.

But mentally going over the curves of your butt.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Merrill is the best, and, is my dumb wife

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

darkhand posted:

I wish to be reincarnated as Chad when I die

I know the divine ether would curse me with a small dong though just to keep me humble

Chad Minicock. :(

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I also just started lifting weights again and when I'm huge in two weeks and the girls in all their accumulated shallowness and chads look up and shout "gently caress us" I'll look down and whisper "maybe"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Just remember, I'm not trapped on this elevator with you, you're trapped on this elevator with ME *hammers emergency stop button*

• Locked thread