Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Rirse posted:

So is Jane from Breaking Bad became Jessica Jones in a plot twist?

I would pay a shitload of money to see Jessica Jones as the Bitch in Apartment 23 or vice versa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Kegslayer posted:

I would pay a shitload of money to see Jessica Jones as the Bitch in Apartment 23 or vice versa.

There are differences?

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

jscolon2.0 posted:

There are differences?
One is happy, one is sad. Everything else is interchangeable.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Zzulu posted:

Does Luke Cage have any cool villains who can go toe to toe with him at least? Or is it all gangsters with guns

Tombstone? He's really more of a Spider-man villain.

jscolon2.0 posted:

There are differences?

Super strength vs manipulation? The Bitch has an even higher tolerance?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Kegslayer posted:

Well there's always Tall Slut No Panties.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DivisionPost posted:

Wikipedia had the first 7 episode titles.

Sure enough, they're named after Gang Starr songs.

I can't loving wait for this.

So is Luke Cage going to have a TV Show's greatest soundtrack album of all time?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Gyges posted:

So is Luke Cage going to have a TV Show's greatest soundtrack album of all time?

I know you're half joking, but Cheo Hodari Coker made his bones as a music journalist (my best guess is that he wrote for Vibe), so based on that and everything we've seen he should loving murder it on the needledrops.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

DivisionPost posted:

I know you're half joking, but Cheo Hodari Coker made his bones as a music journalist

Literally my only exposure to Cheo Coker was as a talking head on various VH1 documentaries, so I did a massive double take when they announced he was going to be the showrunner.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DivisionPost posted:

I know you're half joking, but Cheo Hodari Coker made his bones as a music journalist (my best guess is that he wrote for Vibe), so based on that and everything we've seen he should loving murder it on the needledrops.

Less than half, all the music so far for Luke Cage has been top tier.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

howe_sam posted:

Literally my only exposure to Cheo Coker was as a talking head on various VH1 documentaries, so I did a massive double take when they announced he was going to be the showrunner.

He wrote for seasons 3 & 4 of the MASSIVELY underrated Southland, which you should check out if you have a Hulu subscription.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

DivisionPost posted:

Man, forget that, Ali Shaheed Muhammad is doing the score. Basically guaranteed to be dope.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Wired has a nice piece about LC today:
http://www.wired.com/2016/08/mike-colter-luke-cage/

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Man, please tell me that Monte Carlo is Luke's ride by the end of the season.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Marvel's expanding to Hulu as well.

Sturm posted:

http://marvel.com/news/tv/26608/marvels_runaways_headed_to_hulu?linkId=27764381

Runaways just announced for Hulu.

Looks like the 2 show runners primarily worked on Hart of Dixie, The O.C., Gossip Girl, and Chuck.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doesn't show a lot of confidence in it if they take it to the one not available anywhere else in the world.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Hulu shows sometimes end up on Netflix in Canada

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I love Josh Schwartz and he is a good pick for Runaways.

Sucks I'm in Canadia tho.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Aphrodite posted:

Doesn't show a lot of confidence in it if they take it to the one not available anywhere else in the world.

The US deal is probably the only one they announced. They can negotiate separate deals outside of the states if they would like.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?
So when runaways comes out should we take Netflix out of the title?

I vote for "Streaming pile of Marvel" as the new title if we do.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

ApathyGifted posted:

So when runaways comes out should we take Netflix out of the title?

I vote for "Streaming pile of Marvel" as the new title if we do.

Would that mean also merging in the PSNetwork Marvel Streaming Thread?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So the villain in Luke Cage is apparently a dude named Cottonmouth. Can anyone familiar with the comics give a brief rundown on the guy and what we're likely to see?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Cythereal posted:

So the villain in Luke Cage is apparently a dude named Cottonmouth. Can anyone familiar with the comics give a brief rundown on the guy and what we're likely to see?

He's just a drug lord who likes getting punched out a lot.

quote:

Cornell Cottonmouth, or just Cottonmouth, started out as a drug kingpin in New York City, involved in the events that led to Luke Cage gaining super powers becoming "Power Man". Cottonmouth tried to recruit Cage to his organization, but ultimately Cage knocked Cottonmouth out and turned him over to police. During the Shadowland storyline Cottonmouth returned as part of Nightshade's gang where they come into conflict with Daredevil as well as a new Power Man, who, like his predecessor, knocked Cottonmouth out and turned him over to police.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm guessing the season will end with Luke Cage knocking Cottonmouth out and turning him over to police

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Black skinny Kingpin.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

mind the walrus posted:

Black skinny Kingpin.

I hope they do more than that. Kingpin is nuanced as gently caress and Kilgrave was goddamn excellent. A kind of lamer Kingpin who happens to be black would be a letdown.

Does anyone know who Iron Fist is going to be punching? Steel Serpent?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Xealot posted:

I hope they do more than that. Kingpin is nuanced as gently caress and Kilgrave was goddamn excellent. A kind of lamer Kingpin who happens to be black would be a letdown.

Does anyone know who Iron Fist is going to be punching? Steel Serpent?

Well, he has to punch a dragon first.

I wouldn't be surprised if they modified the recent Immortal Iron Fist story where he's fighting the takeover(actually a somewhat frequent plot) of his company by Xao who is an agent for like 3 different bad guys. My guess is that they switch it up to him being a Hand operative instead of a HYDRA operative and keep the plot of using Rand Inc. to drive a train of explosives into K'un-Lun. Also maybe drop some of the other Cities of Heaven stuff in there, with guest appearances by Davos. So Danny comes back to New York to take over his family's company in order to save K'un-Lun but finds himself drawn to this world instead of K'un-Lun. Hopefully he and Luke can be buddies by the end of the season.

Then if Iron Fist gets a second season they can either do the other Immortal Weapons or have episode 1 be Danny's 33rd birthday.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Here, have a featurette on the music of Luke Cage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVmcur3INOE

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Thank you!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

DivisionPost posted:

I just noticed that the dude who breaks his hand on Cage's face has one of his arm bones break through the skin :cry:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

DivisionPost posted:

Need this inside me

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

BrianWilly posted:

Need this inside me

You let it INSIDE you?

:barf:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

So when Cage gets into legal trouble will he be represented by Matt Murdock or Alicia Florrick?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tagichatn posted:

So when Cage gets into legal trouble will he be represented by Matt Murdock or Alicia Florrick?

Matt Murdock. Not only will it keep the cast size down, it will also be more believable as Murdock is the only lawyer in New York who won't care that his client is black.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Jennifer Walters?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

odiv posted:

Jennifer Walters?

This might actually work if she hasn't gotten her blood transfusion yet. :allears:

e: gently caress it get cute with it and have her wearing all green in her first appearance or something

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Tagichatn posted:

Trinity

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Jedit posted:

Matt Murdock. Not only will it keep the cast size down, it will also be more believable as Murdock is the only lawyer in New York who won't care that his client is black.

Foggy actually seems more doable and would be fun.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Luke Cage's lawyer would more likely be Jeri Hogarth.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Zythrst posted:

Foggy actually seems more doable and would be fun.

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Proposition Joe posted:

Luke Cage's lawyer would more likely be Jeri Hogarth.

Jessica would be the one to refer him, and I'm not convinced she would.

Claire, though...she knows some lawyers. And only one of them is still practicing, I assume, so yeah Foggy.