Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Well, the LU-heavy matches were pretty disappointing.

Psycho Clown vs Pagano was good though.

Only 10 more days!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

fisting by many posted:

Well, the LU-heavy matches were pretty disappointing.

Psycho Clown vs Pagano was good though.

Only 10 more days!

Uhhh the crazy tag team match was fun, and Aerostar took out like three fans

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Uhhh the crazy tag team match was fun, and Aerostar took out like three fans

Oh yeah :doh: Forgot about that one.

BobbyDrake
Mar 13, 2005

I'm ditching U-Verse and picking up DirecTV starting on the 3rd and will now have access to El Rey. Is there some place to watch seasons 1 and 2 in order to get caught up before 3 starts?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

BobbyDrake posted:

I'm ditching U-Verse and picking up DirecTV starting on the 3rd and will now have access to El Rey. Is there some place to watch seasons 1 and 2 in order to get caught up before 3 starts?

Both seasons are on iTunes if you're willing to pay for them. Otherwise you might be able to track down episodes on DailyMotion. El Rey might do a marathon of Season 2 leading up to the S3 premiere.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/status/770727959137169408

Huh, this appears to be some kind of new streaming service and is totally free. I don't see El Rey on there yet but maybe they haven't pushed it yet or I'm not searching right on my phone. Definitely something to keep an eye on.

It says it is US-only, but since there's no subscription, maybe non-US folks could VPN around that.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I hope that's not their big announcement.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

sticklefifer posted:

I hope that's not their big announcement.

Vampiro recently said the big announcement isn't coming until September 9.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Can they make their announcement already because I really want to know if I should buy the season pass on iTunes or not.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

StarkRavingMad posted:

Vampiro recently said the big announcement isn't coming until September 9.

That would be coinciding with the show's panel at the Paley Center, then. Who's going to that, if anyone? I've got tickets. Should be fun.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

AKA Driver posted:

That would be coinciding with the show's panel at the Paley Center, then. Who's going to that, if anyone? I've got tickets. Should be fun.

I wish I could, I have to be out of town unfortunately.

ONE WEEK FOLKS, I'll be making the new thread this weekend

Pretty cool article on Lucha Underground here: http://www.laweekly.com/news/can-lucha-underground-make-mexican-wrestling-a-crossover-hit-7321569

My favorite quote from it:

quote:

The first round of talent brought to Lucha Underground from AAA was all Mexican, Van Wagenen says. But the first time he saw Taya, her nose was broken so badly during her match that it looked as it if it had been "removed from her face. She finished the match, stuck some stuff up her nose to control the bleeding, said, 'Hi, nice to meet you,' and started chatting away." He immediately knew he had to sign her.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

This is from a few days ago, but I didn't see it mentioned:

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/ricochet-to-wwe-rumors-jim-ross/

So if/when season 4 happens don't expect Puma to be around for it, I guess.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't know that they'd even have to wait until season 3 is done airing since he's playing a different character. Since WWE has kind of stopped renaming indie acquisitions I wonder if he'd stay Ricochet or if they'd want to call him something else.

Ricochet/Tozawa/Uhaa stable plz.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Helter Skelter posted:

This is from a few days ago, but I didn't see it mentioned:

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/ricochet-to-wwe-rumors-jim-ross/

So if/when season 4 happens don't expect Puma to be around for it, I guess.

Yeah, it's no surprise. After the Season 3 tapings were over, he had a goodbye speech in the ring to the live crowd (this won't air, it broke kayfabe a lot, so it's not a spoiler) and everyone from the locker room came out and did a big group hug with him. The fans surrounded the ring and hammered on the apron and chanted "thank you Puma" while the wrestlers lifted him up on their shoulders for a little victory lap. He was legitimately teary-eyed about it. It was nice. I hope he does well.

sticklefifer posted:

I don't know that they'd even have to wait until season 3 is done airing since he's playing a different character. Since WWE has kind of stopped renaming indie acquisitions I wonder if he'd stay Ricochet or if they'd want to call him something else.

I had the same thought, maybe they could run him in tandem with LU since he's masked there, but I kind of doubt it, given how strict LU seems to be on contract issues. Still, WWE would be able to put him on TV next July, and they could bring him in before that and start working with him in NXT in a dark match/training capacity.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

adding to that article Ricochet will be working for Evolve regularly going forward which is a pretty good indicator he's WWE bound

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

i hope they keep ricochet if he goes to wwe. i hate their naming style right now

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ptkfvk posted:

i hope they keep ricochet if he goes to wwe. i hate their naming style right now

Rick O'Shea, they'll team him with Shaemus

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

He'd go to NXT with some marginally okay first and last name combo and get it busted down to one lovely name by main roster.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Jeff Cobb SUPER SALTY about the PWI 500:

https://twitter.com/MrAthleticJCobb/status/771404091213754368

he's joking, #50 is Matanza

Also it ranked King Cuerno and Hijo de Fantasma separately, which is pretty funny.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Nehru the Damaja posted:

He'd go to NXT with some marginally okay first and last name combo and get it busted down to one lovely name by main roster.

Let's hope it's "Dave Ricochet" and it gets shortened to his last name then.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

sticklefifer posted:

The cruiserweights will probably all be in their little segregated world within Raw and never have any angles with anyone else ever. I could see Ricochet and Uhaa teaming on Smackdown though, which would hopefully at least give Uhaa some direction.

I do think they'll change his name though, they've loosened it a little bit from their policy before but I don't think Ricochet is on the level of AJ Styles/Shinsuke Nakamura where their name recognition value outweighs the benefits to WWE of owning the character.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 1, 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

If you were listening to the observer this week then it's pretty clear that once Vince sees him, his name will be Mighty Mouse. By gawd, that's get him over.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

Rick O'Shea, they'll team him with Shaemus

Fairly sure he did

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Anyone catch Dario on You're The Worst this week? He's doing guest spots in all my favourite shows, but I think he's up to something.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

StarkRavingMad posted:

Also it ranked King Cuerno and Hijo de Fantasma separately, which is pretty funny.
Kayfabe lives! At PWI at least.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

Kayfabe lives! At PWI at least.

This is the same list that listed AR Fox but described Shane Strickland so it's possible the writer is just a moron and the editor was asleep

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

This is the same list that listed AR Fox but described Shane Strickland so it's possible the writer is just a moron and the editor was asleep

didnt they mix up tanahashi and tenzan last year and had tenzan twice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
New season, New thread, 40 episodes, and not a speck of miedo.

Please join me in the Season Three thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789028

• Locked thread