Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Mine are fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Is anybody else's Google Photos app showing photos on the wrong days? It seems like it's putting the latest photo taken each day onto another day, but if I took multiple photos in a day, most of them are right. The exif tags show the right date, but the app has them grouped wrong.

Are you taking them close to midnight UTC? Which if you are in the US is generally mid to late afternoon.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Demon_Corsair posted:

Are you taking them close to midnight UTC? Which if you are in the US is generally mid to late afternoon.

Nah, I think it was just a glitch from the Nougat update. Clearing data on the app fixed it.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

datajosh posted:

Not that it'll help with everyone, but Facebook Messenger doesn't require an account anymore.

Awesome, I didn't know that. Hopefully I can get a few more people on it now.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
What's an ad and virus and information safe app that will let me obscure my license plate in car pics?

E- forgot about gimp, trying that.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

always be closing posted:

What's an ad and virus and information safe app that will let me obscure my license plate in car pics?

E- forgot about gimp, trying that.

The paint tool that's inside the photo/gallery app itself?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Scudworth posted:

The paint tool that's inside the photo/gallery app itself?

I didn't notice one, when I clicked the pencil it was just filters and lighting effects.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Allo seems to be prepping for launch. The play listing is under New & Updated.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

always be closing posted:

I didn't notice one, when I clicked the pencil it was just filters and lighting effects.

There isn't one in the Android photos app.

For simple brushing I just use the Markers app. Dead simple, lightweight and made as a side project from a Google dev. It can load existing pictures as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dsandler.apps.markers

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 1, 2016

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Agoat posted:

Allo seems to be prepping for launch. The play listing is under New & Updated.

And the page for it has a Pre-Reigster button.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

When you buy tracks on google music, what are your options for formats when you download? I've begun to rip my library in FLAC lately so if I give in and buy digital instead of trying to track down actual albums I still wanna be able to go lossless.

edit: seems like google will not want me to play tracks bought from them in any other app besides google play music? Is that accurate? Is there a better alternative? I want flexibility when it comes to using my music on different devices

codo27 fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 1, 2016

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I think they are only mp3s when you download from their service (even if you download a file that you uploaded as flac?), but don't quote me on that.

The only "major" strive I know that has lossless downloads is bandcamp, and that's only for the indie bands that use the service.

If you save offline files from Google Play Music app on your phone, you can only play them through Google Play Music. If you download the mp3s to your desktop, you can do whatever the gently caress you want with them.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

Kheldarn posted:

And the page for it has a Pre-Reigster button.

That's been there since Duo launched, at least for me. Unfortunately, Hangouts has been crashing a couple of times a day for me since getting Nougat. If I could get the one big group Hangout I'm in onto Facebook Messenger I'd be all in, it's actually pretty good

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Clearing data has fixed the hangouts thing for a few on here

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Google Opinion Rewards app is now available in Denmark, Norway, and Sweden.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Just realized I haven't had a survey pop up in MONTHS.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

wolfbiker posted:

Check that reporting location history is still enabled, it sometimes get disabled.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

gariig posted:

That's been there since Duo launched, at least for me. Unfortunately, Hangouts has been crashing a couple of times a day for me since getting Nougat. If I could get the one big group Hangout I'm in onto Facebook Messenger I'd be all in, it's actually pretty good

Hangouts has need fine on N for me. Try clearing cache like mentioned.

wolfbiker posted:

I'm with you, I've not had a survey since April. In total, I've run up $60 something in credit but then it just stopped.

I actually use location reporting in G+, so it should be good there.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Hangouts was crashing about once a minute for me yesterday (on Nougat). I cleared data on it and it got better, but it still has crashed once or twice since then. I'm not sure if it's somehow related to Android Wear, or Google Voice, or if it's just a poorly coded app.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
Google rewards just gave me 13 cents today after I told it I was white. So I know it's working for me.

I also am just now learning that being white can be a good thing after this exchange

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

ringu0 posted:

Google Opinion Rewards app is now available in Denmark, Norway, and Sweden.

It has been available in Denmark for a couple of months now.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
What are you Feedly subscribers using for a reader on your phone? I've used Press and Newsfold but they have completely stopped development as the apps haven't been updated in forever.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

BoyBlunder posted:

What are you Feedly subscribers using for a reader on your phone? I've used Press and Newsfold but they have completely stopped development as the apps haven't been updated in forever.

Feedly.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I always mean to mention this, but if any of you RSS/news junkies want to use TinyTinyRSS but lack the technical chops or time to set up a server, and I get enough people telling me they're interested, I'll set up a server for you.

It basically works like a better version of the defunct Google Reader. The Android app works very well.

Just PM me if you're interested. Note that if there's enough interest I might one day charge something for it just to cover costs, but it'd have to be more popular than I imagine it will be for me to even worry about the costs.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

BoyBlunder posted:

gReader Pro. Tons of customization, per feed options for weirdly behaving feeds, and it doesn't magazine-ify articles. Exactly what I want in a feed reader.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

Thermopyle posted:

I always mean to mention this, but if any of you RSS/news junkies want to use TinyTinyRSS but lack the technical chops or time to set up a server, and I get enough people telling me they're interested, I'll set up a server for you.

It basically works like a better version of the defunct Google Reader. The Android app works very well.

Just PM me if you're interested. Note that if there's enough interest I might one day charge something for it just to cover costs, but it'd have to be more popular than I imagine it will be for me to even worry about the costs.

What app are you using on Android? I've got my own instance of TTRSS. Wouldn't mind something to connect to with my tablet when I'm on vacation.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

calandryll posted:

What app are you using on Android? I've got my own instance of TTRSS. Wouldn't mind something to connect to with my tablet when I'm on vacation.

The Official One

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad

BoyBlunder posted:

Palabre. It receives consistent updates and has a pretty great UI, feature set.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

gReader.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Third (or whatever) for gReader.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

jyrka posted:

Feedly.

Same. I can group things by topic, save articles for later, and mark as read when I scroll through. That's all I need.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

Oh nice. Hadn't looked in a while for one.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

calandryll posted:

I use the unofficial app, and it works well, and is free, to boot.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

UncleGuito posted:

Palabre. It receives consistent updates and has a pretty great UI, feature set.

Huh, by the Beautiful Widgets developer. Good for them.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
e: Ahhhhh I'm actually going to withdraw this question - it's just not worth bothering over an app I don't really need!

MC Fruit Stripe fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Sep 5, 2016

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
What is everybody using for playing music these days? I'm trying to transition away from Spotify, and ideally I'd like something that can link with a desktop program and manage syncing/saving offline too.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Google Play Music, includes YouTube Red and has a nice family plan.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Same. And for the desktop part, the third-party Google Play Music Desktop Player is great and there's even an Android app to control that from your phone. Though the regular website is entirely usable for desktop as well.

Just wish YouTube Red would roll out in the UK and that they would fix the stupid bug where it mixes uploaded album tracks together with Google's own tracks.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
With Google Play Music, I have trouble getting it to identify folder.jpg, is that relatively common? Poweramp gives me that real nice grid layout with all of my album art, but Google Play music is just blank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
So where are we these days in terms of what Google+ has it's fingers in? I know Google has been breaking a lot of stuff out of it but if I kill my Google+ profile, will I be losing any data? Their support page on it is kind of vague.