Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

What're they going to do with a Clinton presidency when they pull tabloid poo poo and suddenly find themselves replaced with a different news outlet in the WH press briefings because Hilary's sick of their stupid poo poo? :allears:

Secret Service: "I'm sorry, but we've found someone more qualified to take your place at this press conference. The President says you need to leave."

Replace: "But...but, is that a chimp smoking a cigar in my usual seat?"

Secret Service: "I think we're done here"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Agreed. Taco trucks have some delicious food.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Shillary posted:

Wow, the head of Latinos for Trump just said on national TV that the reconquista is real and inevitable, and without Donald Trump there will be "taco trucks on every corner".

Will Trump's polls drop to black levels?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I just got called on my cell phone for a poll about regulating short-term housing rental in LA. They asked a few different wordings of a question about whether I supported making short-term rentals pay hotel tax and limiting the number of days a place can be rented out, then they read me quotes from pairs of totally-real people with opposing opinions on regulation and asked me who I agreed with more. Hamilton, Garcia, and Smith were libertarian shitlords, while Anderson, Sanchez, and Chen agreed with me that Airbnb can suck it. The only demographic question they asked me was my race.

I don't know if that's interesting to anybody, but we talk about polls a lot and since I've never resided in a swing state this was my first time getting a call like this, so I thought others might be curious. I hope my adamant yet concisely-worded responses will help unfuck the rental market here in LA.

Last month I had some pollster call me three times about different local ballot initiatives (city [should we be required to have a public vote any time the city literally does anything with selling/leasing public lands] and regional [should we add a half cent sales tax for public transit improvements]) in Northern California.

Someone's spending quite a few dollars on these since they were live caller on a cell phone. I'm not convinced it's push polling but it's very interesting to note.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Sep 2, 2016

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Shillary posted:

Wow, the head of Latinos for Trump just said on national TV that the reconquista is real and inevitable, and without Donald Trump there will be "taco trucks on every corner".

If it's anything like having teriyaki joints on every block like in WA State sign me the gently caress up for that

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

DemeaninDemon posted:

Will Trump's polls drop to black levels?

Maybe, he said that Mexico is a "bullying culture" and that they will always take over anywhere they go; that's why "Spain never conquered Mexico".

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

zoux posted:

The very same.

His campaign is the Serpentor of political dickbags. Hopefully they won't try to clone Atwater.
Ted Cruz slithers away from the 2016 campaign.

"OONNNNCCCEE a mannnn.... wasssss ONNCCCCCE A MANNNNN"

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Can they be Korean-Mexican fusion trucks?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Shillary posted:

Maybe, he said that Mexico is a "bullying culture" and that they will always take over anywhere they go; that's why "Spain never conquered Mexico".

It's like he was getting a presentation on Hispanic outreach and the first slide said "not all Hispanics are Mexicans" and then ran with that as a wedge issue

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

B B posted:

Garrison Keillor is a loving piece of poo poo.

Jeeeezzzus christ, what did he ever do to you?

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Shillary posted:

Yup, Spain had very little lasting influence in Mexico, which is why they speak Mexican in Mexico.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shillary posted:

Can we import millions of Thai and Vietnamese undocumented immigrants instead? Not that I'm opposed to Madame Clinton's proposal, but if this is how it works, I know how my vote could be swayed.

O'Malley 2020, please note.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 2, 2016

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Shillary posted:

That is supposed to be a bad thing? Who hates tacos?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Donkwich posted:

Is there a radio show or podcast in the US that is similar to Wait Wait Don't Tell Me but actually funny and satirical? I know the UK has The News Quiz, which is consistently very good and is often sharp in their political commentary. WWDTM is just too boring and milquetoast for me.

No because anything legitimately funny would automatically alienate 75% of NPR's audience.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Cythereal posted:

Agreed. Taco trucks have some delicious food.

Someone needs to come reconquista my neighborhood.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Bad Moon posted:

If it's anything like having teriyaki joints on every block like in WA State sign me the gently caress up for that

i would definitely be up for having mexican and teriyaki on opposite corners of every block in seattle

pho and gyros can take the last two slots

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Can we import millions of Thai and Vietnamese undocumented immigrants instead? Not that I'm opposed to Madame Clinton's proposal, but if this is how it works, I know how my vote could be swayed.

O'Malley 2020, please note.

Hell I want more Syrians, Tampa is seriously lacking in middle eastern restaurants.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

DolphinCop posted:

i would definitely be up for having mexican and teriyaki on opposite corners of every block in seattle

Your proposed compromise is acceptable.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

DolphinCop posted:

no more phö :kratos:

tired of paying $14 for beef broth.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Hom bow truck would be nice if that's feasible.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Who broke the really shady modeling story? Was that some opp research being dropped?
I doubt that's the best they've got but if it is, we're in for a closer election than I thought. The whole point of opposition research is to demoralize the opposition, and Trump's supporters aren't going to care if he human-trafficked a bunch of eastern Europeans to Trump Tower to pad out his personal brothel.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Shillary posted:

A
Vote For
CLINTON
Is A Vote
   For
TACO TRUCKS
   ON
EVERY CORNER!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Here it is

https://twitter.com/allinwithchris/status/771507148152942592

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Article on mother Jones: Stephen Bannon was a Gold Farmer on WOW? :confused: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/08/stephen-bannon-world-warcraft-gold-farming-donald-trump

Like...what? This loving election man. Also, I think i need to stop following 538. They do good poo poo but their election tracker is the main thing fueling my Arzing.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
loving lamestream media twisting his words. He CLEARLY said "you're gonna have taco trucks every corner" not "you're gonna have taco trucks ON every corner" :argh:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Wow they are fast, I was going to look for it after the show is over.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

B B posted:

Garrison Keillor is a loving piece of poo poo.

I don't know much about Keillor, but I've never heard a negative opinion of him that was this vicious.

Please tell us your beef. Maybe we can squash it.

BYO hatchet to bury/slate to wipe clean

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
We had a really good Mexican/Pacific Island fusion truck a couple of minutes from my work, which then abruptly vanished. Can you send any excess Taco Trucks to the South Pacific. Thanks in advance!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

William F Cuckley posted:

A
Vote For
CLINTON
Is A Vote
   For
TACO TRUCKS
   ON
EVERY CORNER!

Know what? Why the gently caress not. It would make finding stuff for Lunch better.

The really good hippy deli near me did Taco salad one day for a special. It was just taco mean dumped onto romaine lettuce and the sour cream and peppers on the side. Plus a small baggie of chips.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

DolphinCop posted:

Making all the Korean BBQ places stay in Tacoma works out pretty well for me so I approve

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I'm glad that Garrison Keillor is so aggressively boring that this detail is still going

#DicksOut4Wobegon

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
The taco truck thing is just the typical "republicans say thing that I like and want, but to them it's somehow the worst thing in the world"

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Tacos on every corner? Where do I sign up?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

William F Cuckley posted:

A
Vote For
CLINTON
Is A Vote
   For
TACO TRUCKS
   ON
EVERY CORNER!

goddamn, SIGN ME UP

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
These Latino supporters of Trump realize that at any rally they attend there is a non zero amount of people there who would willingly shoot them dead right?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

These Latino supporters of Trump realize that at any rally they attend there is a non zero amount of people there who would willingly shoot them dead right?

gently caress you, got mine is a very powerful thing.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shillary posted:

Look, I would never stand against taco trucks on every corner. But if we're getting Reconquitad, I'm forced to be a little worried. I mean, yeah, I can deal with getting reconquistad to either French or Latin food culture. But we were also British at one point. Sweet Jesus, please don't make us go English on our cuisine. I'm already punished enough living here in Florida.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Secret Service: "I'm sorry, but we've found someone more qualified to take your place at this press conference. The President says you need to leave."

Replace: "But...but, is that a chimp smoking a cigar in my usual seat?"

Secret Service: "I think we're done here"

Smokey the Chimp has very sharp insight about the banana trade

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
Hasn't it only been one day since Trump literally enacted that 4chan cartoon where a guy sees a minority, cringes and cries, and then as soon as he gets home is all "godDAMN I showed that [racial slur of choice] what, beat his rear end good and made him pay me for it, gonna build a wall"? Just confirming, because this thread seems to have gone insane with a bunch of posters working out daddy issues via Keilor-as-proxy. What the gently caress, you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Is A Taco Truck on Every Corner this generations Chicken in Every Pot? Because who wouldn't want tacos?

• Locked thread