Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

god give me the strength not to buy this dumb game this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm gonna trick Hulkamatt, CC, and Goog into buying it again this year.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

https://twitter.com/WWESuperCard/status/770800504976715776

:getin:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

KungFu Grip posted:

I've already preordered mine because I'm a loving moron.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Pretty much everyone I know who plays this game is going to play for Local Talent to gently caress up the rewards for the top players.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Another UFC 2 question: (by the way thank you again Gaz-L for the great answers so far)

How do you increase your ground and pound ability in Ultimate Team? Since there aren't any dedicated ground and pound "moves" as far as I can tell... is it just equipping strikes that raise your punching speed and the power of each hand? Are there ground and pound moves that I'm just missing? When I try to look at the ground tab in the moves list, it only shows me "core ground moves" and various sweeps/reversals/transitions

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Fumaofthelake posted:

Pretty much everyone I know who plays this game is going to play for Local Talent to gently caress up the rewards for the top players.

I know I am.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

I would be so happy if Local Talent won, even if it means a shittier reward for myself.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kickstarter wrestling game based off the AKI engine, featuring such features as:

1. Create a deathmatch!

2. Intergender!

3. JOEY RYAN (apparently backer exclusive, yes, he has the dick flip)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joemethod/saturday-knights/description

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Citing game industry experience without naming shipped titles is... not encouraging

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah this does not seem like the pro-est of presentations.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Basic Chunnel posted:

Citing game industry experience without naming shipped titles is... not encouraging

Big hitters

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Glad they're making sure to work on important things like streamers!

I've learned my video game Kickstarter lesson a couple times now, so I'll just watch hope this somehow gets funded, somehow actually gets made, and is somehow good.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The new No Mercy has long been the promise of every new non WWE game and has always proven a mirage. Nobody ever go's and hires Syn Sofia(AKI), they just say oh, were making the new No Mercy and all you end up with is the TNA game and (eventually) what Pro Wrestling X turned into.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 1, 2016

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Still waiting on my Wrestling with Pixels book years later, I resolved not to support another Kickstarter until I get it. The lack of experience and cost are not reassuring for that game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Endless Mike posted:

Glad they're making sure to work on important things like streamers!

I've learned my video game Kickstarter lesson a couple times now, so I'll just watch hope this somehow gets funded, somehow actually gets made, and is somehow good.

Project Phoenix :negative:

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Style Savvy is probably better than whatever Aki-alike a Kickstarter could fund anyway.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

remusclaw posted:

The new No Mercy has long been the promise of every new non WWE game and has always proven a mirage. Nobody ever go's and hires Syn Sofia(AKI), they just say oh, were making the new No Mercy and all you end up with is the TNA game and (eventually) what Pro Wrestling X turned into.

I'll always wonder how much Syn Sophia would even charge to license the Aki wrestling engine, if they just sold it to EA or lost the source. The nostalgia is big enough that I imagine you could build an online version of No Mercy with generic wrestlers and at least make enough money to do a nicer version second time around.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

punchdaily posted:

I'll always wonder how much Syn Sophia would even charge to license the Aki wrestling engine, if they just sold it to EA or lost the source. The nostalgia is big enough that I imagine you could build an online version of No Mercy with generic wrestlers and at least make enough money to do a nicer version second time around.

Anecdotally, The Pro Wrestling X people tried to do that, quoted what they were willing to pay, and got pretty much laughed out of the building.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

KungFu Grip posted:

Nah, it's not even fun online. You can't exploit glitches because the lag combined with the molasses slow gameplay makes it unplayable.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

remusclaw posted:

Anecdotally, The Pro Wrestling X people tried to do that, quoted what they were willing to pay, and got pretty much laughed out of the building.

I wonder what the price is. You'd think somebody would pay it, release a pc version and roll around in all the cash. The fan base behind No Mercy is still pretty rabid.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Call Me Charlie posted:

I wonder what the price is. You'd think somebody would pay it, release a pc version and roll around in all the cash. The fan base behind No Mercy is still pretty rabid.

A modern AKI game, entirely populated by CAW slots is quite literally the perfect game for me.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Tato posted:

Still waiting on my Wrestling with Pixels book years later, I resolved not to support another Kickstarter until I get it. The lack of experience and cost are not reassuring for that game.

Hahahah I was just reading that baby's updates on why the book isn't done. I can't believe it's 2016 and you probably won't have that book in your hands. The fact it went to someone else to publish ...man they should kickstart a book on the drama of some of these kickstarters.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Hahahah I was just reading that baby's updates on why the book isn't done. I can't believe it's 2016 and you probably won't have that book in your hands. The fact it went to someone else to publish ...man they should kickstart a book on the drama of some of these kickstarters.

"Botched Productions" indeed. Three years is just too short a time to paste and arrange some paragraphs in InDesign.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

So I guess thanks to humble monthly I now have a copy of WWE 2k16. Anything I need to know about the game before I play it?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Skinty McEdger posted:

So I guess thanks to humble monthly I now have a copy of WWE 2k16. Anything I need to know about the game before I play it?

It's a bog-standard WWE game, honestly. Community Creations is decent. If you have it on PS4, I created an arena for the Power Trip in the TEW Monday Night Wars thread, that you can download.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpsZhHbTiJo

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

The Career mode is an un-fun grind that you should probably not bother with and certainly not spend any money on (if that's even a thing on PC) for the Accelerator.

I'll disagree about Community Creations, or at least CAW, because the inability to edit hair length and lots of little things like that is a titanic step backwards, especially since hair and belts have most of the same clipping issues they've always had.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Senerio posted:

It's a bog-standard WWE game, honestly. Community Creations is decent. If you have it on PS4, I created an arena for the Power Trip in the TEW Monday Night Wars thread, that you can download.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpsZhHbTiJo

Community creations is, last I have seen, bugged all to poo poo and unsearchable on the PS4 and the PC.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

The Career mode is an un-fun grind that you should probably not bother with and certainly not spend any money on (if that's even a thing on PC) for the Accelerator.

I'll disagree about Community Creations, or at least CAW, because the inability to edit hair length and lots of little things like that is a titanic step backwards, especially since hair and belts have most of the same clipping issues they've always had.

PC version comes with all the DLC, including the Accelerator.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

remusclaw posted:

Community creations is, last I have seen, bugged all to poo poo and unsearchable on the PS4 and the PC.

I was able to search stuff a couple weeks ago when I was looking for people to finish up the Entrances I was recording for TEW thread.

I also managed to make these two and upload them as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eumfyvlV64w

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Regrettable posted:

PC version comes with all the DLC, including the Accelerator.

In that case it might be fun to dick around with and randomly run in to #BeatUpJohnCena but as a whole the Career Mode is thin gruel. Doing the same interview with the same voice (that sounds like Sterling Archer) over and over with a plastic Renee gets tiresome real quick.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Senerio posted:

I was able to search stuff a couple weeks ago when I was looking for people to finish up the Entrances I was recording for TEW thread.

I also managed to make these two and upload them as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eumfyvlV64w

It is a very recent issue. As of just now, at least on the PC, searching by name gets you a seemingly random mix of results, few if any of which are what you are searching for.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 2, 2016

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

When I briefly played in December on PS4 namesearching did not exist, you had to use the hashtags and hope people had tagged something relevant and then wade through 500 babby's first CAWs labeled NJPW.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I think it's the accelerator which allows you to change the stats of official roster workers, which is useful if you want to try and replicate current card positions,

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Tonfa posted:

When I briefly played in December on PS4 namesearching did not exist, you had to use the hashtags and hope people had tagged something relevant and then wade through 500 babby's first CAWs labeled NJPW.

The trick is to search for the specific wrestler, that way you only go through 50 babby's first CAWs named Kazuchika Okada.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Are there any graphics settings on PC? I'm slightly under spec for it and so whether I play it now or wait for when I finally get around to upgrading is probably dependent on how much graphic settings fuckery I can get up to.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

Are there any graphics settings on PC? I'm slightly under spec for it and so whether I play it now or wait for when I finally get around to upgrading is probably dependent on how much graphic settings fuckery I can get up to.

If you're "slightly under spec," don't bother. I've got a PC which destroys the recommended requirements and still can't reliably hit 60 fps on lowish settings.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Why would anyone want a new game in the AKI engine? Those games REALLY don't hold up today.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
$6.4k after 2 days. As if it wasn't obvious from the start... yea this thing doesn't have a shot in hell, esp not for a $280k goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Little Mac posted:

Why would anyone want a new game in the AKI engine? Those games REALLY don't hold up today.
they don't literally want the AKI engine, they want a modern game that has the same controls and mechanics