Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Thanks to you and the WHM crew for being so cool about engaging with the audience, Eric! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Thanks to you and the WHM crew for being so cool about engaging with the audience, Eric! :)

:doh: I didn't even notice that, but I was about to say that I also liked Scary Summer Camp Stories 3.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

How much weed have you bought with the Patreon money?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Blame it on Outer Space does take a few eps to get going, if you skip around and try a few later eps about topics you're interested in it helps you get a better feel for the show than the earlier eps.

This one is great, in no small part from how amazing the guest guy is. I actually pop on an episode of his Bearenstein Bears podcast every now and then thanks to this episode introducing me to it.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

I like to listen to Blame it on Outer Space while I do something else, it's more of a passive listen, it's a bit slower than WHM, so it works for me like that.

BlameSpacePod
Feb 24, 2015

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I like to listen to Blame it on Outer Space while I do something else, it's more of a passive listen, it's a bit slower than WHM, so it works for me like that.

I actively try to make BIOOS different than WHM.

Jose Oquendo posted:

How much weed have you bought with the Patreon money?

None!

Also dudes, if you're in Los Angeles, we added a 2nd show to the Hollywood Improv on BATMAN & ROBIN.
If you've got tickets for the 8 PM on Suburban Commando, check your email for a half off promo code.
http://hollywood.improv.com/event.cfm?cart&id=465189

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

BlameSpacePod posted:

Also dudes, if you're in Los Angeles, we added a 2nd show to the Hollywood Improv on BATMAN & ROBIN.
If you've got tickets for the 8 PM on Suburban Commando, check your email for a half off promo code.

Yaayy. I was so sad I didn't get my act together to buy tickets to the first show in time. This movie was for some bizarre reason one of my favorites as a kid, so I can't wait.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I was under the impression this was the film with the superfluous female turtle but it turns out that was a short-lived TV show

I feel like such a gun pirate

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The PED-abusing suits from Next Mutation are actually a step above the ones from TMNT III. Gross, nonsensical shellboobs and all.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I was under the impression this was the film with the superfluous female turtle but it turns out that was a short-lived TV show

I feel like such a gun pirate

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought 'wait they aren't talking about the weird random girl turtle they added? OH...'

I figured with the talks of turtle dick at the start, and all.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Oh poo poo, battlebots is back? Thanks Steve, I used to love that, unashamedly

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

A Meat posted:

This season has this Brazilian team, and the driver always looks like he's about to jump in and rip apart the opponent's bot with his teeth. Dude's amazing.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

A Meat posted:

ABC also added a bunch of rules so ever right is not just two wedgebot trying to flip each other over any more. They are completely useless right but even a couple of bots have flying drone support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObrQ202td08

Edit: With the new patron the We Hate Movies app is basically completely abandoned out right?

BexGu fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 1, 2016

BlameSpacePod
Feb 24, 2015

BexGu posted:

Edit: With the new patron the We Hate Movies app is basically completely abandoned out right?

Yes, a lot of people complained about the functionality so we are abandoning it.

If Patreon does well, I'd hope to cycle Sleaze back in at some point too. Also nobody HAS to contribute. If you don't wanna, don't.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The worst part about them being on vacation is no Mailbag episode. I mean, i knew there wouldn't be one, but seeing the month go by without one just makes it more....real.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

BlameSpacePod posted:

Ahhhh I got the promo code email and am debating if I should jump for both! It's late for a school night but I'm probably going to do it.

My advice for a few NYers visiting LA for the first time is In-N-Out is overrated; use that money to buy as many tacos as possible.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BlameSpacePod posted:

Yes, a lot of people complained about the functionality so we are abandoning it.

If Patreon does well, I'd hope to cycle Sleaze back in at some point too. Also nobody HAS to contribute. If you don't wanna, don't.

This makes sense but I'm going to be the one guy who sticks up for the app. I liked it!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The Fantastic 4 getting their powers from a gypsy curse actually sounds more interesting than whatever the Trenk movie tried to do with them.

Also one thing I like about the reruns is how the old eps would use clips from the movie, like showing off that one dad's amazing acting.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

BlameSpacePod posted:

PLEASE please please please please please please bring back Sleaze. You have no idea how happy that would make me.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

To maintain balance in the force, alternate episodes of Side Order of Sleaze with episodes of a new show - Once in a Lifetime :allears:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Jose Oquendo posted:

PLEASE please please please please please please bring back Sleaze. You have no idea how happy that would make me.

This.

I don't care how high you make this tier, I'll pay it.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

DoombatINC posted:

To maintain balance in the force, alternate episodes of Side Order of Sleaze with episodes of a new show - Once in a Lifetime :allears:

Now that is something I'd sign up for.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

sean10mm posted:

I listened to the first few and couldn't get into it. Does the quality pick up at some point? I love the idea but it didn't hook me. :(

I felt the same way. Try the latest one (Scary Camp Stories 3). Got me hooked, found a bunch more I enjoyed a lot (Black Eyed Kids is also great).

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

DoombatINC posted:

Second. I grew up with Lifetime movies, theres some good poo poo out there.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This makes sense but I'm going to be the one guy who sticks up for the app. I liked it!

I liked it too, it was an easy way to listen to episodes on my commute without having to touch my computer.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
Welp, going to both shows now. I wonder if that two-drink minimum resets after the first show...

Eric, I hope you guys are making the most of your trip out here. Need recommendations for things to do?

But seriously, there's lots to see and eat here, you'd best plan ahead.

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF
For anyone who's interested, James "Angry Video Game Nerd" Rolfe did a review of Turtles III back in 2007. It's not the best, but it does help to illuminate at least some of what the guys are talking about (including the teeth and the hilarrible special effects at the end).

Link: http://cinemassacre.com/2007/01/25/tmnt-part-1/

(Also, ignore the title: the video combines both parts into one).

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Turtles 3 always reminds me of that one Ninja Turtles superfan who took out a loan to buy Ninja Turtles merch but could only afford a costume head from the third movie because their costumes were so lovely even superfan collectors couldn't give a poo poo about buying them up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz3m_7ozhNo

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
I'm in for $8 a month. at least for a year or so. Thanks for all the free entertainment so far guys!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Guy Mann posted:

The Fantastic 4 getting their powers from a gypsy curse actually sounds more interesting than whatever the Trenk movie tried to do with them.

Also one thing I like about the reruns is how the old eps would use clips from the movie, like showing off that one dad's amazing acting.

yea the marvel universe being one giant web of romani curses would be 100% more interesting than half the stories we have already.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Hey Eric, would you guys consider having me on your show as a guest star? I live in NJ, but i work in NYC and I'm also named Eric.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Now that is something I'd sign up for.

Too loving right. That'd bump up my pledge for sure.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Hey Eric, would you guys consider having me on your show as a guest star? I live in NJ, but i work in NYC and I'm also named Eric.

Will there be swords and yelling of "There can only be one!" ???

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
battlebots is loving tight.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah new Battlebots owns.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

BlameSpacePod posted:

How well does Patreon have to do for you to add in Werewolves and things to the rotation? There are literally tens of Werewolf movies to talk about and millions of things. Strike while the Iron is hot man.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

TheFallenEvincar posted:

battlebots is loving tight.

It's so good.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Baka-nin posted:

How well does Patreon have to do for you to add in Werewolves and things to the rotation? There are literally tens of Werewolf movies to talk about and millions of things. Strike while the Iron is hot man.

frankly I'm more down for the things

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Tatum Girlparts posted:

frankly I'm more down for the things

That'd be a waste. The WHM crew's hot takes on all things lycanthropic are informative and unique. No one gets werewolves like these guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'd like a few episodes of that proposed podcast "I'll tell ya what you're wasting yer money on!" from way way back. I feel like I'd learn so much.