Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

bobjr posted:

So what is your favorite gen 1 pokemon?

I'm Catamon Harrotrainadratine Elliot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I like Hufflepuff

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

bobjr posted:

I'm disappointed that they didn't get every single name amusingly wrong. It's not as funny then.

I'm not sure if I would like Squirtle or Squirtle more, myself. Angry Cuddles is hard to resist, though.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Rockingtons is a better pokename than golem

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
smh if your favorite isn't Suck and Sucky

but I am considering Dragking

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Vibrador and Pladypussy

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oddium posted:

heck yeah twenty straight years of the gen 1 pokedex but the names are wrong

i laughed at 4 different pokemon being named rocky

im sorry

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

here's to 20 more years imo

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

bobjr posted:

20 years and noone came up with anything better then "Seel" :effort:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

whenever people say that gen 1 had a perfect selection of pokemon compared to nowadays i sort of wonder just what the hell they spent their time looking at when they played red/blue.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Their really cool friends from the safari zone.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

jarbv posted:

Vibrador and Pladypussy
Please tag :nws: content.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/771650820886495232

Looking forward to dataminers getting their hands on this.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The dataminers should exercise some restraint and invest their time in researching renewable data sources

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I cannot wait to see what the starter evos will look like

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Hopefully some Nintendo employee somewhere has fun putting all sorts of bad data into the trial.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

bobjr posted:

Paltypussy.

Where is this from? How did this wonderful thing happen?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Possibly dumb question, but is there some Mewtwo-equivalent Pokemon I should be saving my Master Ball for in ORAS?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

GlitchThief posted:

Possibly dumb question, but is there some Mewtwo-equivalent Pokemon I should be saving my Master Ball for in ORAS?

Deoxys if you want to catch it during the EPIC STORY rather than KOing it and waiting after so you don't have to worry about cutscenes.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

ORAS has a fuckload of legendaries available post-game. The most difficult one to catch is probably Giratina. There are others, including your cover legendary, Deoxys, Regigigas, and several of the other legendaries detailed on that page, that have the same extremely low catch rate that Giratina has, but Giratina is unlike the others in that its typing makes it immune to False Swipe. However, you can catch anything easily enough if you use the Catching O-Power before you encounter it. You won't have an opportunity to use that O-Power the first time you battle Deoxys, but if you knock it out, it will respawn after the next time you defeat the Champion, so you can try again at your leisure.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Could you use foresight so false swipe would work?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

GlitchThief posted:

use your master ball on whatever you want

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

ORAS has a fuckload of legendaries available post-game. The most difficult one to catch is probably Giratina. There are others, including your cover legendary, Deoxys, Regigigas, and several of the other legendaries detailed on that page, that have the same extremely low catch rate that Giratina has, but Giratina is unlike the others in that its typing makes it immune to False Swipe. However, you can catch anything easily enough if you use the Catching O-Power before you encounter it. You won't have an opportunity to use that O-Power the first time you battle Deoxys, but if you knock it out, it will respawn after the next time you defeat the Champion, so you can try again at your leisure.

i've never used the catching o-power or false swipe and i've caught every single legendary with luxury balls. people over-complicate this so much

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is ditto the mother in breeding? So if you used a master ball on one you could have most Pokemon inside a master ball?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

greatn posted:

Could you use foresight so false swipe would work?

no one should have to use foresight

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

sharrrk posted:

i've never used the catching o-power or false swipe and i've caught every single legendary with luxury balls. people over-complicate this so much

It takes less time when you stack the odds in your favor, and I guess that he wanted to know how to do that.

greatn posted:

Is ditto the mother in breeding? So if you used a master ball on one you could have most Pokemon inside a master ball?

Master Balls and Cherish Balls can't be inherited, and breeding with Ditto never results in ball inheritance anyway.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

greatn posted:

Ditto isn't the mother for anything in breeding where it matters, and what Bongo Bill said.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

sharrrk posted:

That's not an over-complication, that's just helping make bad catch rates a bit easier?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I use Mega Pinsir for an Aerilate False Swipe so I don't have to worry about ghosts. That's just me though.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
My daughter caught like 80% of the legendaries in ORAS with regular pokeballs. No false swipe, no sleep :shrug:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

bobjr posted:

Boxxy. 90s kids will get this.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Countblanc posted:

Uuummm...

I don't get it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Countblanc posted:

i too, loving love cancer

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

bobjr posted:

Reminds me of this poke rap. Who doesn't remember Nickleback?

https://vimeo.com/174597335

GlitchThief posted:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

FishBulb posted:

My daughter caught like 80% of the legendaries in ORAS with regular pokeballs. No false swipe, no sleep :shrug:

Good kid

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

bobjr posted:

Pikatwo great name for Aloha Raichu

Also
Rock, Rocky, and Rockingtons the Pokemon ver of Ed, Edd, and Eddy.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

sharrrk posted:

Good kid

I gave her a Breloom, she didn't bother. Kid is a savant.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

bobjr posted:

Oh my God I just noticed that both Ditto and Grimmer are named Flubber.

This is a gift that keeps on giving.

Edit: Poliwhirl is Cuddles and Poliwrath is Angry Cuddles

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I counted 4 different Rockys

I'm a fan of Dustbunny tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah and the music thing from last page, I like how giddy and bouncy this is for a final boss theme. Way different than the others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb9ee9lWSbg