Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

Eonwe posted:

summary of Battlefield 1 tonight:

Anime, Gender Studies, Dicks in your butt and.....

This is a summary of what happens when goons discover that playing on nothing but E with horses is really fun, and then me rediscovering tripmines and smokes to gently caress with horses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

verbal enema posted:

ohhohooo what

and you get the badass armor hp regen and extra hp!

Yeah, I was sad that I couldn't just hit 2 and sword off the horse when I went "I.....I have a melee button. I wonder if it defaults to club or wh.....nope there's my sword, ha ha ha." and I just ran up behind like 3 people in a row and sworded the poo poo out of them. Highly recommend it.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

Battlefield 1943.

Wasn't that some lovely console only thing that no one gave a gently caress about? It was like a footnote battlefield game that didn't get the usual AAA release.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Can vouch that this was the highlight of the night. Everyone who wasn't playing sorely missed out.

well gently caress a,l,l of you then

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Rhymenoserous posted:

Wasn't that some lovely console only thing that no one gave a gently caress about? It was like a footnote battlefield game that didn't get the usual AAA release.

Wasn't it the first BF to have air superiority? I liked 1943, but if it's a footnote, what does that make Battlefield Heroes? :downs:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
So I remember that in 42 and BF2 that the rule was that if you didn't want to fly into a mountain in 15 seconds after takeoff, you had to own a joystick like a Jane's Pilot Sim aficionado.

Are the planes still too complex for KB+M? Because if I still need a 360 directional stick to fly then I'll see you on PlayStation Network.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Can vouch that this was the highlight of the night. Everyone who wasn't playing sorely missed out.

it was probably the best match i've had yet out of this demo.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I don't have the beta or whatever but mark my words the gay agenda cyber bullying campaign will loving ride again.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Craptacular! posted:

So I remember that in 42 and BF2 that the rule was that if you didn't want to fly into a mountain in 15 seconds after takeoff, you had to own a joystick like a Jane's Pilot Sim aficionado.

Are the planes still too complex for KB+M? Because if I still need a 360 directional stick to fly then I'll see you on PlayStation Network.

There are people who figured out tricks with K+M and seem to destroy with it. I think it's what that ponylion guy does and he destroys in planes.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Lmao there's no way the light tank doesn't get nerfed. That autocannon thing is absolutely bonkers, came upon a Heavy Tank at full health and mulched it before it could even turn to face me. It also grinds infantry into dust and is insanely accurate even at long distances. I killed a sniper sitting on B with it while I was capping D.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

http://i.imgur.com/KhVfW17.gif

Space Jam fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Sep 3, 2016

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Craptacular! posted:

Can't vouch for BF2 because I used KB&M and experienced exactly what you're saying, but I flew in 1942 just fine and I'm having no trouble flying in BF1 without a stick too. Dogfighting is a little challenging because the planes aren't nearly as nimble as jets (for obvious reasons) but I've successfully gone on 5-10 minute bombing runs without a problem. Just gotta remember not to clip a wing on a flagpole...

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Wow, I installed the new nvidia drivers and it practically doubled my FPS. Game's a lot more playable now.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Bloodplay it again posted:

Can't vouch for BF2 because I used KB&M and experienced exactly what you're saying, but I flew in 1942 just fine and I'm having no trouble flying in BF1 without a stick too. Dogfighting is a little challenging because the planes aren't nearly as nimble as jets (for obvious reasons) but I've successfully gone on 5-10 minute bombing runs without a problem. Just gotta remember not to clip a wing on a flagpole...

no problem for me, I'm used to hitting being in a chopper and hitting the wires around hotel on sharqi :p

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Holy crap just unlocked the flare gun for recon that blinds people. It is so loving good to hold chokepoints.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
The Rush spawns are all hosed up. Especially the one right in front of that big gently caress-off mountain where everybody is prone and can kill you in 0.5 short because defenders spawn out in the open.

Edit: Also "Make Squads with friends private by default" is still a tremendously stupid idea.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

cpaf posted:

Goodness the light tank is broken, how absurd. I feel like the Landship and Mark V are strong but quite limited by teamwork and coordination and speed and coaxial limitations but the light tank just makes anyone a complete god.

How much dynamite / AT grenades does it take to kill one? It seems like a lot
You need 3 dynamites, and the kit comes with 3 :dice:

I'm really glad I played the beta because it made me realize the pub experience is about as bad as hardline.

I mean sure overwatch spoiled me with good design and bug free play but drat son.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Vegetable posted:

I've been playing since Battlefield 2, and I don't think you can really tell each game's period unless you have prior knowledge about such stuff.

Theres your problem. Battlefield 1942 and Vietnam were both very period specific. This is a return to form.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Randler posted:

Edit: Also "Make Squads with friends private by default" is still a tremendously stupid idea.

My friend joined on me and it pulled me into a squad with just him, and it wasn't private. Is it just if you are in a party?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

My friend joined on me and it pulled me into a squad with just him, and it wasn't private. Is it just if you are in a party?

Probably. There probably is an option to untick it, but I've landed in games full of two man private squads way too often.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Gonna be a long loving wait for this game after the beta ends.

Add me on origin: iceorb

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

evil_bunnY posted:

You need 3 dynamites, and the kit comes with 3 :dice:

I'm really glad I played the beta because it made me realize the pub experience is about as bad as hardline.

I mean sure overwatch spoiled me with good design and bug free play but drat son.

good one

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Craptacular! posted:

Actually I'm one of the minority that prefered to use a joystick in bf4 and It doesn't work in BF1. The joystick controls are greyed out in the key bindings menu.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
Tried to play rush to get away from tanks but they just last even longer here

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/3a84

Apparently you can lag slam armored cars out of existence.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
Ok there is an officer running around I do a quarter damage to.. is this literally a star wars battlefront reskin?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

feedmegin posted:

Theres your problem. Battlefield 1942 and Vietnam were both very period specific. This is a return to form.

And they played it very loose sometimes in 1942, what with the HMS Prince Of Wales being at Midway, the BAR being an assault rifle and the Germans rocking Stalingrad with the ST-44.

Then the Secret Weapons expansion pack happened which means if they do WW2 after this three or four years from now we're going to have a good loving time people.

I do hope they reconside it and patch up, put Battlefield 2 and 2142 with all the DLC with 1942 on Origin though. The old games and their mods need to ride again!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Making the tanks break down every couple of miles would go a long way to balancing the game and making it more historical

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The Royal Scrub posted:

Ok there is an officer running around I do a quarter damage to.. is this literally a star wars battlefront reskin?

No, an upgraded officer is just a bit of hilariously fun but unbalanced titan.

The game is more fun than Battlefront, It's got a soul too.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

verbal enema posted:

ohhohooo what

and you get the badass armor hp regen and extra hp!

Are you guys having trouble shooting the gun while off the horse? I've had this weird issue where I have to run to shoot that gun. It won't shoot when I'm standing still

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://streamable.com/3a84

Apparently you can lag slam armored cars out of existence.

I've had that happen to me too. With a full armored car. Right next to a tank.

:suicide:

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010

Diogines posted:

Why did they make a world war 1 game with fully automatic weapons?

Rifles are awesome.

I really like they balance they have now, if you ever want to see a prime example of why this game doesn't need more rifles go join a rush game where more than half of both teams are sniping (all of them).

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Played a full round this morning and did pretty well just rocking the Lewis Gun Artillery and jumping into random armored cars. I couldn't place trip mines because the game decided that the HE mine doesn't exist and had to buy a pistol because the 1911 was also erased from the server. At the end of the game the entire server was on the UK side and no one had any points.

So anyway, I pre ordered today because GreenManGaming has it for 20℅ off.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

It was pretty much the best 10 dollars I ever spent on my PS3. It was all the Japan maps on an updated Frostbite engine. Not only did no one not give a gently caress about it, it was one ofPSN and Xbox live Arcade's top selling games.

Lafarg fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Sep 3, 2016

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015
for people who were asking about kbm plane controls, swap the binds for yaw and roll around, so the mouse controls up/down/left/right (finer controls) and a/d controls rolling the plane, and also assigning pull up to the spacebar. Naturally I'm still screwed if a fighter gets behind me but I'm getting semi-reasonable scores in it and can bring the gun reliably on a stationary target each pass :)

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

AlexanderCA posted:

Actually I'm one of the minority that prefered to use a joystick in bf4 and It doesn't work in BF1. The joystick controls are greyed out in the key bindings menu.
Same.

The Royal Scrub posted:

Run 'em over.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Had a classic Battlefield/Planetside one man army moment.

Holding down B as a Medic, gas being used to keep them off the point I am running around just emptying my 1911 at Turks drying to come across the smashed wall, taking one dude down and blast away and helping with some assist kills tossng med bags like crazy.

Good times.

I do wish when an Ottoman soldier gets into a vehicle they have a different shade of khaki, as I stupidly have ran towards enemy occupied cars and tanks multiple times now.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Heavy armor won't protect you from a bayonet charge :black101:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I look forward to seeing this in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

404notfound posted:

Heavy armor won't protect you from a bayonet charge :black101:

Bayoneting a dude in the spine that had just picked up the flamethrower is one of my favorite memories thus far.