Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite/Favourite subtitle?
This poll is closed.
Revelations 11 12.50%
Resurrection 5 5.68%
Retribution 6 6.82%
All-Stars 66 75.00%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Every Ace Combat has a bat-poo poo rear end story. Well, when it doesn't get completely removed for the western version anyway.

CJacobs posted:

In ace combat you blow up stonehenge*

*it's not THE stonehenge but it's still called stonehenge for no reason and I find that hilarious

Looks like I need to replay the Ace Combat games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Palpek posted:

Battlefield 1 might end up cool

:horse: just got better

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Blood borne is one of he best games ever made in this humble goons opinion.

Yeah. This seemed like hyperbole when I first started saying it but, as time goes by, it keeps being true.

Snak fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Sep 4, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Like, completely random, or did you get it in the mail or did you get it for already buying from them or something? I checked for anything similar in my email and I couldn't find anything.

As far as I know I haven't purchased something from then in recent memory. I am a member of their loyalty club so maybe I got something years ago. But as far as buying something recent to qualify for a coupon I haven't.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Good. Now play Bloodborne with me.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Eh I'm still on for tomorrow, I just wanna chillax after this extremely stressful auction and also I'd have to plug/unplug a bunch of poo poo and im lazy

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Laaaaaaaame

Edit: I'm just bitchy because I finished the Americans.

Snak fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 4, 2016

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
People calling Battlefield "steampunk" for featuring actual technology that was common in that era makes me uncomfortable in new and exciting ways.

PBS Newshour posted:

Ace Combat Zero along with mgs2 was post modern before it was cool

The OG Deus Ex thread was discussing the conversation with the Morpheus AI hidden in the basement of the Illuminati's headquaters the other day and it made me realize that the entire thesis of MGS2 was delivered a year earlier as an easily missable side conversation in Deus Ex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b-bijO3uEw

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Deus Ex also predicted the atmosphere of post 9/11 America and the Bush administration quite well.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I remember hearing some hype for Formula Fusion a while back because it was ex-Wipeout developers making a spiritual successor, but I just realized it's been out for quite a while now and never heard any actual feedback about it. Was it any good?

Now I'm seeing that Redout is finally out too, which is supposed to be another Wipeout/F-Zero spiritual successor and I'm wondering which I should get. Anyone played both?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CJacobs posted:

Eh I'm still on for tomorrow, I just wanna chillax after this extremely stressful auction and also I'd have to plug/unplug a bunch of poo poo and im lazy
so was it a rock band guitar or something else?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

What game?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CrashCat posted:

so was it a rock band guitar or something else?

PS3 Guitar Hero 3 guitar (the one modeled after the Les Paul) with the dumbass dongle included. Cost me fifty bucks but it came with the game and from the pictures appears to have been very well taken care of, and it works with the other plastic guitar videogames, so I'm not too bothered.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I 100%ed Pikmin 3 in one 9 hour sitting today :D

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also the local video game pawn shop has all the rest of the PS3 * Hero and Rock Band games for like 3 bucks apiece so the rest of em will be way cheap lol

In Training posted:

Good work, fellow gamer, Pikmin 3 is good

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Nice!

I was inspired to replay Pikmin 2 by Makorz posting about it in the August thread and somehow managed to beat my best records in every category.

It's still probably my favorite of the three but gotta say I really missed 3's new features, especially being able to let captains walk around by themselves. You can be so much more efficient!!

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I wanna play half life 2 again, are there any mods that improve the graphics in normal ways that aren't gaudy and over the top?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Nice!

I was inspired to replay Pikmin 2 by Makorz posting about it in the August thread and somehow managed to beat my best records in every category.

It's still probably my favorite of the three but gotta say I really missed 3's new features, especially being able to let captains walk around by themselves. You can be so much more efficient!!

Pikmin 3's management/control scheme combined with Pikmin 2's dungeon design would be the perfect Pikmin game for me

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Pikmin 3's management/control scheme combined with Pikmin 2's dungeon design would be the perfect Pikmin game for me

Nintendo please

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

my god depressive ennui is harsh

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Ciaphas posted:

I know it makes it hard to play games, but in general I find playing the most casual of casual games is good for when I'm feeling that empty. Things like Regency Solitaire or HOGs are nearly mindless and make me feel vaguely productive, which is helpful.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Picross 3D is good for that

Picross in general too tbh, 3D is just what I'm addicted to currently

I play that, stick something on to watch or listen to in the background that doesn't require full concentration and the time melts away

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Regy Rusty posted:

Picross 3D is good for that

Picross in general too tbh, 3D is just what I'm addicted to currently

Paint it Back is a good Picross clone on Steam, but man Picross 3D is its own animal and fantastic.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Ciaphas posted:

I played a lot of Stardew Valley when I was feeling like utter crap a month ago, it's satisfying and pleasant without ever getting challenging enough to tire me out. Just a good chill game.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Ciaphas posted:

StrixNebulosa posted:

I know it makes it hard to play games, but in general I find playing the most casual of casual games is good for when I'm feeling that empty. Things like Regency Solitaire or HOGs are nearly mindless and make me feel vaguely productive, which is helpful.

I find that playing a rhythm game with music I REALLY like on a lower setting helps to get me out of the doldrums. Usually I kick it up a notch because I really start to feel the beat. Hope everything works out, Ciaphas.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Wamdoodle posted:

I find that playing a rhythm game with music I REALLY like on a lower setting helps to get me out of the doldrums. Usually I kick it up a notch because I really start to feel the beat. Hope everything works out, Ciaphas.

I'll be able to experience this when my guitar controller arrives :unsmith:

Play Stardew Valley though it's a good remedy

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CJacobs posted:

Play Stardew Valley though it's a good remedy

Do not play Stardew Valley if you have depression.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Why not

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I haven't seen a whole lot of Stardew Valley, like the beginning bits of Mega64's LP, but the town isn't exactly in good spirits from what I saw

I'd be playing Rune Factory 4 if I could stand being on a portable console right now tbh, after a while it grabbed a pretty good hold but MHGen burned it out of me (along with my will to get headaches from looking at tiny screens for a while)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I actually kind of want to open up Path of Exile and give it a go now that desyncs supposedly aren't a thing but the sheer build variety is giving me some serious decision paralysis

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Stardew Valley has a big cast of characters, and while some of them have fairly depressing backstories or live quaint lives, I didn't find the experience of interacting with them to be unnerving. If anything, I feel like the farmer's influence on them enriched their lives in the end, so it's a pleasant thing. I should note, however, that I have not played in some time and I did not get the maximum affection rates for every character. I still think that the game is uplifting as a whole. :unsmith:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's the Everquest effect.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't know what that is, but I'm hoping it's not "playing it makes you wish you were in the game world instead of the real world" because that's indicative of deeper problems than "i am depressed and seeking escapism for relief"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

game is a time destroyer. if you have trouble getting things accomplished it might be bad to play if you'll use the guilt of playing against yourself but otherwise theres nothing that will make you sadder in it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the solution is to always play hidden object games

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Divinity Original Sin is too good.

I got lost with a quest, then realized I could talk to a cat thanks to a special skill I had on a character and the cat gave me the info and a side way to achieve my quest. :allears:

Edit - DOS2 is out in December so that'll be fun.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Sep 4, 2016

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
please september me for a videogame discussion

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

playing re4 for the first time since game cube. omg the aiming feels so bad. must soldier on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I went to PAX West yesterday. It was a ridiculous amount of fun. Some of the devs there spent more money and effort on their booths then they did their games. One developer had a 1.2 million dollar Bugatti Veyron that drew a huge crowd that paid zero attention to their actual game, I don't even remember the game they were showing off.

• Locked thread