Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

I wonder why it seems so difficult for me to dispel this myth that I'm too goofed up in the old brainbox to perform basic bodily functions without imperiling my very life?? Must be because other people can't read. I'd better laugh at them being so wrong all the time

Hey, when they get a disease of the esophagus confused with a mental illness of the brain, you're legally required to laugh at them getting it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

MisterBibs posted:

Hey, when they get a disease of the esophagus confused with a mental illness of the brain, you're legally required to laugh at them getting it wrong.

nobody got them confused, you have both and it's funny to laugh at

"haha you morons thought the fact that i'm really stupid had anything to do with my hotdog woes. actually it's because my body is as broken as my brain, gg"

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Gorilla Salad posted:

Holy poo poo, what the gently caress is wrong with those people?
Stereotypical sociopathic lawyers.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
Having lived in Irvine for most my life, I see more and more of those types of people lately. The type of people who literally start berating officers for giving them a speeding ticket and calling the cops on you because your plants were slightly drooping over the fence line. I'm pretty sure my neighbors have opened my backyard and let my dog run out to the street a couple times...

Also, Irvine police literally have nothing better to do than hand out traffic tickets to kids for not wearing their helmets and respond to "disturbance" calls. My last day of middle school way back when, a kid called in a bomb threat and the entire force was essentially brought out, including their never used swat team. Closed down the school for the entire day.

Everyone I've ever talked to on their force have been pretty friendly for the poo poo they have to put up with though.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Crazy Pigeon posted:

I'm pretty sure my neighbors have opened my backyard and let my dog run out to the street a couple times...

Have you considered a lock?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dex posted:

nobody got them confused, you have both and it's funny to laugh at

"haha you morons thought the fact that i'm really stupid had anything to do with my hotdog woes. actually it's because my body is as broken as my brain, gg"

Hey now. It happens to the best of us.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

New Botchamania! Crowd really didn't like the new belt.

https://vimeo.com/180413316

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

Atticus_1354 posted:

Have you considered a lock?

This was a while back but yea I got a lock after a while. I would forget to lock it up a couple times though simply because it's a huge hassle.

The main point was why the hell are they opening my backyard fence. It's not even just a chain link fence or anything, they were 6 feet all wood with no gaps in between fences. That means they had to actively wait for a time I wasn't home, climb on top to make sure I wasn't there, and then open it up so my dog would run away? Those people were nuts man.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

A hot dog is an "Open Palm" sandwich, as opposed to the "Closed Fist" school, which values self-sufficiency and will to power.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SANDWICH INTO MY MOUTH. IT'S A HOT DOG AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STAR CHEWING THE SAUSAGE ALONG WITH MISTERBIBS. I CHEW EVERY BITE AND I CHEW EVERY BITE HARD. MAKIN MMMMM SOUNDS WHEN I SAWLLOW DOWN SOME MEAT OR EVEN A PIECE OF BREAD. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS SAUSAGE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN THE FORUMS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE FORUM PEOPLE CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND I'VE LEARNED ALL THE CONDIMENTS AND I'VE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY EATING EM ALL. 2 HOTDOGS INCLUDING MR. PIBB EVERY MORNING.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Trig Discipline posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SANDWICH INTO MY MOUTH. IT'S A HOT DOG AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STAR CHEWING THE SAUSAGE ALONG WITH MISTERBIBS. I CHEW EVERY BITE AND I CHEW EVERY BITE HARD. MAKIN MMMMM SOUNDS WHEN I SAWLLOW DOWN SOME MEAT OR EVEN A PIECE OF BREAD. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS SAUSAGE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN THE FORUMS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE FORUM PEOPLE CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND I'VE LEARNED ALL THE CONDIMENTS AND I'VE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY EATING EM ALL. 2 HOTDOGS INCLUDING MR. PIBB EVERY MORNING.

So loving good, every time

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Trig Discipline posted:

I wonder what it's like having a hotdog as your nemesis

moms friend from work
Mar 28, 2010
I'M THE WURST

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I wonder what it's like having a hotdog as your nemesis

It's the wurst.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Atomic Collins posted:

It's the wurst.

you motherfucker

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Atomic Collins posted:

It's the wurst.

I can't stop giggling at this. :golfclap:

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
EDIT: removed my extremely funny joke because I don't want to be a Bad Frogger.

A HUNGRY MOUTH has a new favorite as of 00:42 on Sep 4, 2016

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Misterbibs do those Burger King hotdog commercials give you panic attacks?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Skaw posted:

Oh man, for me it was the double serving of the old scooty fruity where, not only are they smug as gently caress lawyers thinking they got away with a perfect crime, they hired equally smug defense attorneys who didn't even go through all the evidence thinking this poo poo was open and shut because their clients are wealthy lawyers... Until the prosecutor pulled out the phone data pings in his final argument after the defense rested. That was the good stuff right there.

How is it okay to pull out more evidence and not let the defense offer a defense against it? That seems kind of unfair.

Also how insane is that chick if she's trying to get her husband to kill himself for the insurance payout? And what's the over/under that he divorced her in part because he was afraid of being found with two bullets in his head and a suicide note written in the third person?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Outrail posted:

How is it okay to pull out more evidence and not let the defense offer a defense against it? That seems kind of unfair.

as i understand it he didn't "pull out" any more evidence. it had been registered evidence through the trial, they just never talked about it before. which is weird in it's own way.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Attitude Indicator posted:

as i understand it he didn't "pull out" any more evidence. it had been registered evidence through the trial, they just never talked about it before. which is weird in it's own way.

Yeah, just because the prosecutor had overlooked it before and decided to bring it up in his closing is not introducing new evidence. The defense had the whole trial to address it and chose not to.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Outrail posted:

The article posted:

Because he had already finished his closing argument, it was too late for Bienert to try to convince jurors this was junk science. After the jury left the room, he railed against the prosecutor. He said he had been sandbagged.

Duff replied that Easter’s team had had the phone records for years.

Either the defense had not looked at the records, Duff said, “or was hoping that I didn’t look at the records.”

Judge Thomas Goethals saw no reason Duff couldn’t save a good argument for the end.

“It seems to me Mr. Duff made a strategic decision,” he said.

Hope this helps.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

MisterBibs, is it just hot dogs that you struggle with or are sausages that you fry in a pan also too dangerous for you?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

TotalLossBrain posted:

Hope this helps.

Yeah ok, on second reading make sense. They didn't bring up new evidence, they just pointed out some things that weren't apparent. Clever.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Sestze posted:

Probably late, but the LA Times has been doing a writeup of an incident that occurred back in 2011 that's just wrapping up now

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-me-framed/

The gist is somewhat simple: The head of an elementary school PTA has drugs planted in her car by a pair of high powered lawyers. The resulting clusterfuck sees both lawyers convicted and disbarred.

The final part of it comes out on Sunday, which I'm hoping has the results of the civil case in which their family is utterly cratered.

looking up the actual results, the PTA lady was awarded 5.6 million dollars, but the article is well written and worth a look.

I was really enjoying that until the wife told the husband to kill himself after they were convicted so she could collect the insurance money and then threatened to kill herself when he refused.

quote:

Easter did his time without the luxury of anonymity. Inmates recognized him from TV, and some thought he ought to be taken down. One day, he said, two of them knocked him down and bloodied his nose. He cleaned floors and toilets, and read “Game of Thrones” paperbacks.

That softened the disgust a bit and brought it back to scooty fruity.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Met posted:

I was really enjoying that until the wife told the husband to kill himself after they were convicted so she could collect the insurance money and then threatened to kill herself when he refused.

That softened the disgust a bit and brought it back to scooty fruity.

Am I wrong in remembering that insurance don't pay out if you kill yourself?

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Ak Gara posted:

Am I wrong in remembering that insurance don't pay out if you kill yourself?

Many still pay in the event of suicide, that's sort of a trope from TV shows like CSI. My brother-in-law killed himself a few years ago and we had no problems with his life insurance. Sometimes if it's a new policy for a huge amount there's a time limit before it will cover suicide but most pay out normally.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Scruff McGruff posted:

Many still pay in the event of suicide, that's sort of a trope from TV shows like CSI. My brother-in-law killed himself a few years ago and we had no problems with his life insurance. Sometimes if it's a new policy for a huge amount there's a time limit before it will cover suicide but most pay out normally.

I've seen one year plus one day waiting periods on policies before.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Attitude Indicator posted:

This is one of my favorite parts of the affair because it's basically a twist right out of a TV courtroom drama, and normally it would never fly in real life but because they managed to slip it through in plain sight they actually got to pull it off (it probay helped that the defendants were ridiculously unlikable and had zero sympathy from the judge.)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gabriel Pope posted:

This is one of my favorite parts of the affair because it's basically a twist right out of a TV courtroom drama, and normally it would never fly in real life but because they managed to slip it through in plain sight they actually got to pull it off (it probay helped that the defendants were ridiculously unlikable and had zero sympathy from the judge.)

It was a real "By the way..." Columbo moment

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Re: The article about Jill Easter - and how everyone can't understand the way she acted.

I assume none of those people have worked customer service. She's part of that type of over-intelligent, bored, affluent person that has all the time in the world to rain down hellfire on any perceived slight. You see them a couple times a month.

After reading that article, I'm almost convinced that Jill Easter was the basis for the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt character Deirdre Robespierre, played by Anna Camp. The hyper-rich, overly-educated wife that's so loving bored that she gets off on stirring poo poo and bludgeoning her opponents.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It was a real "By the way..." Columbo moment

Scuse me, I think you mean "Just one more thing..."

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Scuse me, I think you mean "Just one more thing..."

I was just about to post that the first detective seemed to be very Colombo-like: apart from it being drugs, rather than a murder, an awful lot of that seems to have been taken from a script of one of his shows.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I can imagine a writer for law and order turning in a script that's just word for word what happened and being told to tone it down a bit because it's too over the top.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Jastiger posted:

That is a helluva an article. On one hand I'm glad justice was served. On the other....24 officers for a sting on a suburban housewifes marijuana charge? I mean, they should definitely get these obviously dangerous people away from the school, but uhhhh thats a lot of resources.

With some people, you have to make a show of force. It was less about definitely bringing someone in, and more about showing a couple of powerful, connected, influential people that they had no allies on this one.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Outrail posted:

And what's the over/under that he divorced her in part because he was afraid of being found with two bullets in his head and a suicide note written in the third person?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://i.imgur.com/5qCIbLc.mp4

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I think the prosecutor asking the wife if she planted the drugs and her replying that she had already pleaded guilty but the prosecutor asking specifically if she planted the drugs again and her saying that she didn't is loving brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

quote:

A huge huntsman spider caused a chain reaction which finished with a teenage Volkswagen driver watching helplessly as her car rolled into the river.

The 18-year-old woman had driven her vehicle to the Bayview Boat Ramp, on the northern beaches, in the early morning when the arachnid fell from underneath the visor and onto her lap.

The panicked woman applied the handbrake only half way before leaping from the car and doing a "spider dance" in an attempt to rid herself of the spider, witnesses said.

But while she was occupied with the creepy crawly her car began slowly rolling into the water.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/32528252/sydney-driver-bails-from-car-after-hand-sized-spider-scare/#page1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViSU_mpSs5I