Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Michelle is the same way about tap water. Professional drag judge is so high on the evolutionary ladder of crazy professions that the mind cannot help but rupture open with conspiracies when confronted with such indulgence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Finally watching the most recent episode and less than a third in, what the gently caress is going on with Adore? On something? Coming off something?

Echo Video
Jan 17, 2004

I think Adore really needs to feel like she's got somebody helping her cause she's really afraid of rejection. Bianca took her under her wing, but none of the queens now seemed to be willing and she'd be afraid they'd vote her out anyways. When she was on the tour with Michelle they apparently bonded, so to come into this and feel like the whole friendship is suddenly gone is harsh. She was scared that ru would tell her she wasn't good enough to stay, so she said it to herself first and ran away.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Warning to people like me who haven't seen the alleged spoilers that I guess spoiled the entire season? Do not even accidentally mouse over any spoilers in this thread, because they are actually spoiling some big stuff. Oh well :shrug:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Yeah, it's a minefield this year. I think that the page that I took the pictures from in the OP had the pictures in elimination order so I while I don't exactly remember the list the first two were dead on.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Tendai posted:

Finally watching the most recent episode and less than a third in, what the gently caress is going on with Adore? On something? Coming off something?
My bet's on coming off something. Might be coupled with other real-life poo poo, and probably is, but the second she showed up in the first ep I thought she'd acquired a monkey backpack of some kind. She looked awful and twitchy and glazed-eyed in a really distinctive way, also that meltdown just reeked of loadie rationalization -- thinking you can stay clean for something you really want to do, realizing it's not possible, hitting the wall, feeling anxious and weepy and desperate and grasping at anything to get out. This isn't based on any gossip I've heard, but I've seen a LOT of this sort of thing and that meltdown was textbook.

Again, hope I'm wrong.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I hope people are wrong about the spoilers they are posting. Adore leaving was predictable but it sucked seeing it spoiled online a week early, and the casual throwaway comment about the return for your revenge outcome is really not appreciated.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

spite house posted:

My bet's on coming off something. Might be coupled with other real-life poo poo, and probably is, but the second she showed up in the first ep I thought she'd acquired a monkey backpack of some kind. She looked awful and twitchy and glazed-eyed in a really distinctive way, also that meltdown just reeked of loadie rationalization -- thinking you can stay clean for something you really want to do, realizing it's not possible, hitting the wall, feeling anxious and weepy and desperate and grasping at anything to get out. This isn't based on any gossip I've heard, but I've seen a LOT of this sort of thing and that meltdown was textbook.

Again, hope I'm wrong.

Her face. If be willing to bet that she hasn't gained that much weight but rather, that's coke bloat.

:smith:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

It's also worthy to note that apparently before she went on the show Adore's dad died, her boyfriend broke up with her out of the blue via text, and she'd been touring non-stop up until filming, so I think she was just in a really vulnerable place when she turned up in a hypercompetitive environment to hang out and get torn a new one with some of the most seasoned drag performers in the world.

It wouldn't surprise me if drugs were involved, but there was a lot more going on and it makes me wish Adore had been able to turn down the show. Luckily she seems to be in a much better place now.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, this last episode the emotional state and her face just reminded me way too much of what I've seen when people are suddenly cut off, which made me really sad, particularly comparing that image to the person who was on S6.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

the truth posted:

I hope people are wrong about the spoilers they are posting. Adore leaving was predictable but it sucked seeing it spoiled online a week early, and the casual throwaway comment about the return for your revenge outcome is really not appreciated.

I make it a habit to not read threads of shows I'm not caught up on.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Same here, and I'm very much caught up on the show! But people have been casually posting big spoilers based on leaked information with no context. Hopefully this isn't an issue in future seasons.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Adore :saddowns: that's sucks if she's going through some rough poo poo but that was obnoxious to see on the show.

There's some great talent this season but man do the overly produced sketches and jokes completely fail to land. This show is best when it's ratchet as hell.

And that Alaska impression was loving terrible. Give me a wig and nails and my fat straight rear end could do a better job.

e: and the stuff with Adore backstage and such just reminds me of every other reality show ever

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 3, 2016

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Tendai posted:

According to reddit, right before filming her dad died unexpectedly, and her boyfriend dumped her via text seemingly out of nowhere. She had been touring nonstop right up until 2 days before filming, but was really excited and bought 3 looks per challenge.

Then she got there having just spent the last 2 years touring with several of the queens and Michelle, and she felt like she was being treated like an amateur again. And it was edited out, according to Coco and Alyssa, Raven Symone was really nasty and cruel with her criticisms, particularly with Adore.

So, she lost it, and she felt she gave up her aesthetic in her original season, and having spent the last 2 years connecting with fans, she didn't want to compromise again. She was apparently going to stop the Roxxxy and Tatianna lipsync, but Phi Phi stopped her. So the next day she decided while brushing her teeth that she was going to quit, Ru and Michelle weren't going to stop her.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Yodzilla posted:

And that Alaska impression was loving terrible. Give me a wig and nails and my fat straight rear end could do a better job.

I want to see this. Seriously. Please.

Why the hell isn't there a SA drag race? We have an Iron Chef. Well, we did. I don't know about anymore.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Can I somehow get Detox to dress up as The Joker? Please I need this.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

With Adore quitting, I wonder how and if they are going to make up the episode count. I was bummed to see Tatiana go and was hoping there would be no elimination since one girl had just basically walked off the set. But I guess not?

I feel a little bit disappointed in Adore. She's young and it's just a TV show, but man, what wasted opportunity. I wished they had brought in Courtney instead.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Cocks Cable posted:

With Adore quitting, I wonder how and if they are going to make up the episode count. I was bummed to see Tatiana go and was hoping there would be no elimination since one girl had just basically walked off the set. But I guess not?

I feel a little bit disappointed in Adore. She's young and it's just a TV show, but man, what wasted opportunity. I wished they had brought in Courtney instead.

:chloe:

I guess if you like the bodyodyody. I wouldn't have minded seeing Chi Chi again myself, now without the doubt!

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Ru hates Courtney after she didn't follow the WoW official line on shemail gate

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Yodzilla posted:

There's some great talent this season but man do the overly produced sketches and jokes completely fail to land. This show is best when it's ratchet as hell.

Remember, this was filmed right after season 7 and before season 8. I have high hopes, but I'm also fully expecting a shitshow mess like 7 was.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Cocks Cable posted:

I wished they had brought in Courtney instead.

Me too! Although I don't think she has any interest in going on after seeing how S6 played out on TV.

Cocks Cable posted:

With Adore quitting, I wonder how and if they are going to make up the episode count.

I'm sure the "revenge" thing is bringing someone back somehow. Although they seem to have been planning that before Adore? :shrug:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Stoat posted:

Ru hates Courtney after she didn't follow the WoW official line on shemail gate

Explain?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

If I recall correctly, Courtney basically said it wasn't for drag queens to decide whether "you've got she-mail" was offensive, and that if trans people had an issue with it, the show should listen. Ru's position was essentially "grow a thicker skin."

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Please tell me there's a gif out there of that face Tatianna made when she heard the siren go off at the end of the episode. I don't know why, but I got a good laugh out of it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Please tell me there's a gif out there of that face Tatianna made when she heard the siren go off at the end of the episode. I don't know why, but I got a good laugh out of it.

http://i.imgur.com/mWln6V0.mp4

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

We'll need a collection of all the reactions, that's almost my favorite part of the episodes right now...

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Annnnnnnnnnd bookmarked. I swear, this is the best show for reactions.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
"It's not personal"

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Annnnnnnnnnd bookmarked. I swear, this is the best show for reactions.
It seriously is, a large part of my pictures in that vein are from the show. Every season :allears:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Holy poo poo I had no idea RuPaul produced and narrated a documentary about Tammy Faye Bakker. It's so 90s but so good and makes me a little bummed that Ginger Minj has been kinda nothing so far.

He seems like a nice dude to hang out with.

e: and now I hate Jerry Falwell even more

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 4, 2016

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Please keep Carson away from All Stars 2 because him saying the name GINGER MINGE haunts my dreams.

He loves the Minge, you guys.

Watrick posted:

Why the hell isn't there a SA drag race?
I already have two names picked out: Cocaine McGillicutty or Jacqueline Off.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

caligulamprey posted:

Please keep Carson away from All Stars 2 because him saying the name GINGER MINGE haunts my dreams.

Gladys Pantzrof.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Re-watching the first episode, and I want to know where Adore got that purple lipstick. It looks cool as hell.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Pinwiz11 posted:

Gladys Pantzrof.

Kim Trails

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

caligulamprey posted:

Amazing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

My friend says mine is All-Beef Patty.

Midnight Sun
Jun 25, 2007

Acid Berry

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

:perfect:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Peggy J.

The J stands for Jpeg.

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

I'm gonna watch this show forever and will always love it, but what are your guys' opinions on drag kings? It seems like Ru doesn't like them, or at least doesn't think they're drag.

Dear Drag Race: It's Time to Let Kings Compete

Landon is local to me, and this is an issue my friends and I are interested in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
he said faux queens would never be on the show either which I think is kind of dumb

• Locked thread