Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Aah. Go one more level down to find the sandy area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Does your old saves get erased with the new update?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Kind of. You can play your old saves and it'll try to put some new content into your save (erasing any seabases near new content). But the warning when attempting to play an old save also says some new content is not available unless you start a new save.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
I just got this a few days ago and have explored an island that wasn't supposed to be there and a wreck that was too dangerous. I don't care what anyone says, my guys name is now Roger Wilco from a long line of Wilcos and is the (worstbest janitor) Hero of Xenon in the galaxy. :colbert:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Got the blueprints for a Seamoth but I don't have the Mobile Vehicle thing yet. How do I get it?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'd explore any area you can possibly explore at your level of tech. Mobile Vehicle Bay blueprint is found like any other fragment blueprint.

If you wanted the exact answer, you could always check out the wiki.

Have you tried checking out wreckage?

Zesty fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 3, 2016

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Met posted:

I'd explore any area you can possibly explore at your level of tech. Mobile Vehicle Bay blueprint is found like any other fragment blueprint.

If you wanted the exact answer, you could always check out the wiki.

Have you tried checking out wreckage?

I found 1 in a kelp forest near the Aurora, wanted to check out the wrecks behind the ship but there were two Reapers back there so fuuuuuuuuuuck that.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Wrecks are kind of everywhere. Mostly out of the safe shallows.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Galaga Galaxian posted:

An AI companion would probably just end being annoying. Maybe if it was really well writen, but odds are probably against it.

The AI will be voiced by Greg Proops.

"I'd like to beeee under the seeeaaaa... Hey uh what do you say we make a nice fish-flavored vodka drink with those Chinese potatoes and the bioreactor?"

"So where are we going? Oh wow that's a long way down... Oh NO you did NOT just go USS Thresher on my rear end. I'll have you know I can withstand more megapascals of pressure than a..." (Loud static, silence)

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 3, 2016

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Met posted:

I found the sandy area underneath the active lava zone. Is that what you're talking about? I figured it was where the Sea Emperor was going to be.

I'm already scared.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Checking out more Trello.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Met posted:

Checking out more Trello.

:saddowns:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So Manta Ray dude has a 80s action figure transparent neon version?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
So they're exclusively female then?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Is this wreck working as intended?

http://imgur.com/a/d4AAh

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
No, that debris field has always had issues if it's the one I'm thinking of.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

No wonder they could build huge spaceships, their materials are lighter than air!

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Been doing more exploring but I really wanted to check out the Aurora so I spoiled it a bit for myself by watching a couple Youtube videos but... Did they patch out the hole in the side that leads to the engine room? I cannot find it for the life of me and it seems like there are sandbars where it should have been

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It shouldn't be there anymore, yeah. That exit is definitely blocked on the interior portion.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Been doing more exploring but I really wanted to check out the Aurora so I spoiled it a bit for myself by watching a couple Youtube videos but... Did they patch out the hole in the side that leads to the engine room? I cannot find it for the life of me and it seems like there are sandbars where it should have been

You need to head to the bow section, above the water, to get in. If you don't have one of those gravity gun things don't bother.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That hole should have only been one-way somehow so people wouldn't depend on it. I'm glad it's gone.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Three-Phase posted:

You need to head to the bow section, above the water, to get in. If you don't have one of those gravity gun things don't bother.

That gets me into the lab but unless I"m completely dense (I ran around it for a good ten minutes) I can't get into the rest of the ship?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That's one of the entrances to the ship. I always come OUT that way though.

Keep checking around the bow or see if there's a way through the lab.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Three-Phase posted:

You can do quite a lot without the gravity gun, actually - there's only one or two side sections you actually need it for?

Every other obstacle can bypassed. What you really need to remember to bring is the fire extinguisher.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Well, found the nuclear reactor and the PRAWN propulsion cannon tonight.

Still no sign of the mod station or the moon pool, though. It's getting rather annoying.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

GlyphGryph posted:

You can do quite a lot without the gravity gun, actually - there's only one or two side sections you actually need it for?

Every other obstacle can bypassed. What you really need to remember to bring is the fire extinguisher.

You can do literally 100% of it without the gravity gun if you jump a bit, the only debris you can't bypass without it is the outer lab door, which is irrelevant because that only leads out onto the ship.

Everywhere else is accessible by jumping over things, or finding back ways through.

You can also ignore most of the fire too, and you find more than enough extinguishers on the ship.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Still no sign of the mod station or the moon pool, though. It's getting rather annoying.

Go deeper.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

GlyphGryph posted:

Go deeper.

Also search wrecks

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

40+ hours in this game and I've never been in the wreck itself

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I finally made the Cyclops so I can explore deeper.

And the second it's created, it lands on my base, breaking it all over the drat place.

fake edit: good lord this thing is a pain to control.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It doesn't do well near the ocean floor. Needs some open water.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Evil Mastermind posted:

If you have a Seamoth and the Pressure Compensator you can grab on the Aurora, try the Blood Kelp wreck. It's between the Grand Reef, Sea Treader's Path, and Dunes, a little over 300m down.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Efexeye posted:

40+ hours in this game and I've never been in the wreck itself

There's a difference when people use the term "Wreck" vs "Aurora"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Paracelsus posted:

If you have a Seamoth and the Pressure Compensator you can grab on the Aurora, try the Blood Kelp wreck. It's between the Grand Reef, Sea Treader's Path, and Dunes, a little over 300m down.

Also if you're in the aurora, scan the exosuit, build one, and jump off to the bottom of the blood kelp zone, ideally punching the electrosnake in the face on the way past.

It's a pain to climb back out but it's fun dropping 500m in one go.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

OwlFancier posted:

Also if you're in the aurora, scan the exosuit, build one, and jump off to the bottom of the blood kelp zone, ideally punching the electrosnake in the face on the way past.

It's a pain to climb back out but it's fun dropping 500m in one go.
Also punch some crabsquids to death. Because gently caress crabsquids.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Hey, AI, do you have a name?

AIs are described by their neural net capabilities. My full official designation is Artifical Intelligence: Learning, Adapting, Modifying, Organizing.

AI LAMO, can we synth some butter and garlic sauce? I bet this crab squid would go great with garlic and butter sauce.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

I can't find the last piece for the drill arm. I don't remember where I found the first two. I've been in the Aurora and visited the wrecks listed in the wiki (some wrecks aren't there). Where do you find your drill arm pieces?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Wrecks. Try around the red grass areas or the dunes.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Just lost my PRAWN because I fell through the world. Early Access! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Met posted:

There's a difference when people use the term "Wreck" vs "Aurora"

I meant I've never been in the Aurora you pedantic gently caress :tipshat: