Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

So oatgan was at BOLA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Oatgan is actually very energetic and fun at shows

Night One results:

Marty Scurll def. Pentagon Jr.
Ricochet def. Jeff Cobb
John Hennigan def. Matt Sydal
Will Ospreay def. Fenix
Zack Sabre Jr. def. Tommy End
Chris Hero def. Jushin Liger

Adam Cole and the Young Bucks def. Dalton Castle and the Boys (Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish)

Nothing really jaw-dropping but a very fun show top to bottom. Sydal/Hennigan was the only match the crowd wasn't really feeling, they basically worked a TV match and it was fine but BOLA's not really the setting for that. I hope Jeff Cobb bought Ricochet a beer after the show or something because Ricochet was bumping like mad for him. Fenix/Ospreay was an insane sprint just like Andrews/Ospreay last year, I think this match had more impressive athletic spots but Ospreay's first round match flowed better overall? Probably because those two had already been wrestling for years before that match happened in PWG. Hero really played up being upset that Liger was getting the lion's share of the cheers, so he did some great bullying and Liger got to play the valiant underdog. Liger really can still go, you don't get a chance to see very much of it in the giant multi-man tags he does in NJPW all the time. The main event was great fun but it was played even more for comedy than PWG's trios matches usually are, and it didn't hit the big highs that the best of those matches typically do. The crowd didn't seem nearly as hyped for the Bucks or Castle as they usually are, but the match didn't even start until midnight so that might have dampened the enthusiasm a bit. MOTN was probably End/Sabre for me, but Fenix/Ospreay and Cobb/Ricochet were really good too.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That guy was at the first PWG show I ever went to. He was stumbling around the front row asking literally everybody if they had any weed.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

Oatgan is actually very energetic and fun at shows

I don't doubt that, as someone who fell asleep at an ROH show.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Jesus Christ that End/Hero vs. Fenix/Pentagon tag match was bonkers

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Jesus Christ that End/Hero vs. Fenix/Pentagon tag match was bonkers

gently caress that sounds rad.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Nothing will ever top that main event. Jesus Christ!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Always Go To Night 2. That show was fully bonkers. They even started on time!

Dalton Castle def. Tommaso Ciampa
Mark Andrews def. Pete Dunne
Cody Rhodes def. Sami Callihan

Fenix and Pentagon Jr. def. Chris Hero and Tommy End
Trevor Lee def. Kamaitachi
Mark Haskins def. Cedric Alexander
Kyle O'Reilly def. Matt Riddle

Matt Sydal, Ricochet, and Will Ospreay def. Adam Cole and the Young Bucks

Gallagher got stuck with travel problems so he couldn't make it, Excalibur said they had a 'very good replacement' but wouldn't say who it was. The pop when Psycho Killer hit after Castle came out was crazy. Dunne/Andrews was the best first round match by far, it started a little slow and I was worried it wouldn't live up to the hype but when it heated up it was crazy. Both of the tag matches were completely loving bugnuts. I won't even bother describing them, it'll be better off if you go in blind.

Pretty much every match was at least really good, even Cody did very well! He didn't add a bunch of indie-riffic head drops to his moveset or anything but his poo poo looked good, he sold well for Sami, played to the crowd and did a couple nice dives. His job was made pretty easy by the crowd being super hot for him though, maybe even more than Liger yesterday. Little disappointed that a few of the upsets I thought they would do didn't happen, but tomorrow still has plenty of interesting possibilities.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Word is that Meltzer said it was the greatest show he's ever seen live and is trying to rearrange his flight so he can go to the show tomorrow.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jubs posted:

Word is that Meltzer said it was the greatest show he's ever seen live and is trying to rearrange his flight so he can go to the show tomorrow.

It sucks because I've been to every show this year and I just happened to miss out on tickets to this one :(.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Was Meltzer at last BOLA? Because tonight was awesome but I'm not even sure it topped Night Two from last year.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Was Meltzer at last BOLA? Because tonight was awesome but I'm not even sure it topped Night Two from last year.

Actually I don't think he was.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he was, he didn't go to night 3 though

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I touched his leg

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
That might have been the best PWG show I've ever seen. The tag matches were incredible, each featuring spots that were completely incredible.

The cool thing about this year is I have no idea who's gonna win. ZSJ and Ricochet winning both felt a bit predictable, but I can see almost everyone still in winning, with maybe like two or three exceptions.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Grozz Nuy posted:

Your gyroid room is creepy.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What theme does Cody use on the indies?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Fart Radio posted:

That might have been the best PWG show I've ever seen. The tag matches were incredible, each featuring spots that were completely incredible.

The cool thing about this year is I have no idea who's gonna win. ZSJ and Ricochet winning both felt a bit predictable, but I can see almost everyone still in winning, with maybe like two or three exceptions.

They've never done a repeat winner before, or had the champion win while competing in the tournament, so the interesting factor to me today will be how they get Zack out of the bracket while protecting him as champ.

Jubs posted:

Your gyroid room is creepy.

That's the idea!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Also, minor complaint all things considered, but after this weekend I am totally over 'too sweet' as a wrestling thing. There was a group of guys in my section doing it after every single two count all goddamn night. It got supremely tiresome like, three matches in.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I have come up with a fix for the stupid mis-counting thing. after the ref makes their count and half the crowd chants the next number for whatever reason, you then chant the correct number

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What theme does Cody use on the indies?
At evolve he's using a new song by downstrait and they even played an ad plugging the album during the show lol

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
The King Nick Gage is free.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
When did pwg transition from just another Indy to the hottest ticket every show?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bigass Moth posted:

When did pwg transition from just another Indy to the hottest ticket every show?

It's been that way for like almost ten years now.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

It was a gradual shift over the years from a largely SoCal fed with big names on top of the card to the Pro Bowl of Indie Wrestling but it really blew up in 2012/2013. I watched a show from 2011 the other day and laughed at the idea of making room for a merch table in the back corner today

oatgan fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Sep 4, 2016

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

It was a gradual shift over the years from a largely SoCal fed with big names on top of the card to the Pro Bowl of Indie Wrestling but it really blew up in 2012/2013. I watched a show from 2011 the other day and laughed at the idea of making room for a merch table in the back corner today

I think Super Dragon's return in late 2011 is what made everyone focus on it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lol

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Scummy wrestling practices warms my cold dark heart.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Meltzer's still here, if anyone was curious

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Grozz Nuy posted:

Meltzer's still here, if anyone was curious

Go give him the predator handshake

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Give him a noogie and then a swirlie.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Dream match scheduled that can only happen in PWG.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Is it super dragon vs excalibur

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Taro vs Ronin vs super dragon vs Topgun Talwar vs Scott lost.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

B-Boy vs Dino Winwood

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

NienNunb posted:

B-Boy vs Dino Winwood

Los luchas vs Havana pit bulls.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Chris Bosh vs. decency

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jubs posted:

Dream match scheduled that can only happen in PWG.

Heard it was crazy

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
BUT WAIT, THERE"S MORE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I miss the 2011-era jobbers like Chris Cadillac and Ryan Taylor most of all