Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic

Renegret posted:

All I got was my family that I was staying with during Sandy had no power for 4 days, but I was at work for 16 hours a day and my job had a generator (sixteen of them, actually) so not really.

Of those 16, the one controlling building facilities failed. We had no lights/hot water, so we all used the bathroom with flashlights and worked in a dark office lit by nothing but our computer monitors.
yeah, Sandy was the longest my power went out, but my house is down the road from a power plant that also services a hospital so it was only out for 14-16 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.

misty mountaintop posted:

did you ever get a sig

i guess pumpkin pals is more of a gang tag than a sig...

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

symbolic posted:

yeah, Sandy was the longest my power went out, but my house is down the road from a power plant that also services a hospital so it was only out for 14-16 hours

oh yeah that reminds me

In addition to those 16 generators, my company paid some 7 figure sum to the power company to get a direct underground power line put in from the closest electric substation so that power would never go out.

Power went out a few hours after the storm started lol good use of funds there.

I work for an ISP so it's extra super duper important we never go down during emergencies since we provide e911 service. It's so important we're actually technically classified as emergency response personnel with the state, which is honestly kind of a joke.

I'm really bored, working Sundays suck

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I wanna go home and play video games

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i would like to say that internet stability is insane these days tbh

can probably online game wirelessly through a hurricane if you have the power and only get a little lag. Back in 2005 for Sandy, lol good luck loading a page less than 10 minutes before the power goes out~ :ocelot:

Principals Orifice

by Lowtax
Okay were at the hospital and they put some gel in my wife's vagina that is supposed to make labor start faster fingers crossed he comes today so we don't have to go home for another night

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Lastgirl posted:

i would like to say that internet stability is insane these days tbh

can probably online game wirelessly through a hurricane if you have the power and only get a little lag. Back in 2005 for Sandy, lol good luck loading a page less than 10 minutes before the power goes out~ :ocelot:

Katrina was 2005

Sandy was 2012

But yeah the technology has progressed far enough and the equipment hardened to the point that as long as proper maintenance is done, as long as a tree doesn't fall on the lines and power stays up you probably won't have any service interruptions unless the last person to touch it was a dumbass.

Scaly Haylie

Renegret posted:

I wanna go home and play video games

:same:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Sid Vicious posted:

Okay were at the hospital and they put some gel in my wife's vagina that is supposed to make labor start faster fingers crossed he comes today so we don't have to go home for another night

good luck sid and family :)

plain blue jacket

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Sid Vicious posted:

I think you got pranked

good luck though

Principals Orifice

by Lowtax
here is my son's heart beat from the inside of his mom

https://my.mixtape.moe/opgvjp

nvm no cake

Sid Vicious posted:

here is my son's heart beat from the inside of his mom

https://my.mixtape.moe/opgvjp

yo that mixtape is straight fire

FluffieDuckie

Sid are you paying enough attention to your wife?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
beyob I GOT A PROMOTION!!! I am now a junior grant writer and research/development manager !

And i Got a new macbook!
:swoon: :swoon: I wanted to share some happiness with y'ull!! :D :worship: :twisted::yaycloud:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

lmbo calrissian posted:

beyob I GOT A PROMOTION!!! I am now a junior grant writer and research/development manager !

And i Got a new macbook!
:swoon: :swoon: I wanted to share some happiness with y'ull!! :D :worship: :twisted::yaycloud:

:peanut::peanut::peanut:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Principals Orifice

by Lowtax

FluffieDuckie posted:

Sid are you paying enough attention to your wife?

she is currently playing candy crush saga

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Renegret posted:

Katrina was 2005

Sandy was 2012

But yeah the technology has progressed far enough and the equipment hardened to the point that as long as proper maintenance is done, as long as a tree doesn't fall on the lines and power stays up you probably won't have any service interruptions unless the last person to touch it was a dumbass.

oh derrr im still half asleep

yea in florida we had like a tropical storm, katrina, then a smaller hurricane, Dennis, Wilma, it was a crazy season honestly, was out of power for 2 weeks, a lot of areas had some flooding etc.

i used to browse some anime forums back then, i was young so i had to tell my friends i was getting a lot of interruptions and they'd have to wait for me. i recall my msn messenger getting dc'd a lot and they were very patient about it. Now I can probably play smite and just curse the small intermittent ping spike :3:

Pedantra

by Lowtax

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I used the outlaw star tag cause it matched the color scheme. :)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

City of Glompton

lmbo calrissian posted:

And i Got a new macbook!

congrats, that is awesome!

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just got back home from nana and papa's. they decided to pass on their old jeep to me because they got a new one. i'm going to take really good care of it. I love them and I must repay them some how.

----------------

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

lmbo calrissian posted:

And i Got a new macbook!

City of Glompton posted:

congrats, that is awesome!

and

Yobgoblin posted:

just got back home from nana and papa's. they decided to pass on their old jeep to me because they got a new one. i'm going to take really good care of it. I love them and I must repay them some how.

lol that thats an "old" jeep nowadays. take care of it, they are very fun.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luvcow posted:

lol that thats an "old" jeep nowadays. take care of it, they are very fun.

it's my only way of getting around besides bumming rides and getting ubers. i'll take good care of it. it means a lot that they decided to pass it down to me.

----------------

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I feel like I failed at my probing thread and now people are mildly sad.

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
at least you didn't get un-iked in the middle of yours

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
FactsAreUseless

mister magpie posted:

Well, it's not like you were using them.

e: misread sorry

AAB

lol

Ace of Baes

FactsAreUseless posted:

Well, it's not like you were using them.

e: misread sorry
lmao

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

Yobgoblin posted:

:stare:

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Yobgoblin posted:

Nice car.

----------------

drilldo squirt

mister magpie posted:

At least you were an idiot king friend. The only place I am idiot king is in my dreams.

----------------

drilldo squirt

Even with drilldo squirt appreciation month my life is hollow and empty without control over my fellow yobbers.

----------------

Principals Orifice

by Lowtax
we got sent home from the hospital because she wasn't dilated enough but now she's starting to have really regular contractions so we might be heading right back

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Sid Vicious posted:

lmbo calrissian posted:

And i Got a new macbook!

Yobgoblin posted:

Here are a whole bunch of congratulations for all you guys, and for BYOB too. And for FluffieDuckie's advice of paying attention to your wife who is hopefully in labor and almost done, because giving birth is kind of boring and painful as far as the whole miracle of life thing is concerned.

City of Glompton

Sid Vicious posted:

we got sent home from the hospital because she wasn't dilated enough but now she's starting to have really regular contractions so we might be heading right back

good luck to mrs. sid and baby sid :) pretty exciting!

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

drilldo squirt

Sid Vicious posted:

Good luck sid.

----------------

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
please hold your child up like the lion king pic and maybe post a pic for us if you do

drilldo squirt

Sid, I'm begging you sid, please don't live post about your child's birth.

----------------

symbolic

lots of good news on this page! congratulations to everyone!

AAB

drilldo squirt posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

drilldo squirt posted:

An IK should probe him for the next 3 days. Just kidding. Maybe.