Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

https://a.pomf.cat/bpsjzf.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

omg this is the most tabs thing ever

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

This seems extremely specific!

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

:wow:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

:captainpop:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

I still like SFV but :golfclap:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

The hero we deserve.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
i don't think anything can surpass that one tbh

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

General Morden posted:

A model/texture swap for the ages.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

General Morden posted:

honestly that might be the best fg post ever made on sa

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAeI0S-FQaw&t=84s

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

anime was right posted:

honestly that might be the best fg post ever made on sa

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Goetta posted:

SFV isn't as bad as the thread here makes it out to be,
yes, yes it actually absolutely is

SFV is one of the most egregiously bad fighters in a long time. other than the complete absence of any fun in the game, it also has failed to deliver on simple things like implementing directinput support for PC, which they said they were working on over a year ago during beta. please do not buy this game and give capcom the idea that they have done a good thing (they havent)

basically, what fereydun said

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
SFV is pretty fun in spite of its issues.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am on mobile and won't be on PC until Tuesday, paint me a picture of what tabs posted

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Baal posted:

I am on mobile and won't be on PC until Tuesday, paint me a picture of what tabs posted

sorry you'll just have to see for yourself in person

its brilliance can't be properly conveyed with words

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
GOD DAMMIT

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Baal posted:

I tried to find a funny gif or video but it's honestly worth the wait.

EDIT:

General Morden posted:

sorry you'll just have to see for yourself in person

its brilliance can't be properly conveyed with words

EDIT2: if you really want to know it's Dante using Virgil's sword to destroy the monolith in the city from DMC4 but it's been modded to look like the box for SFV

bhsman fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Sep 5, 2016

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Zand posted:

yes, yes it actually absolutely is

SFV is one of the most egregiously bad fighters in a long time. other than the complete absence of any fun in the game, it also has failed to deliver on simple things like implementing directinput support for PC, which they said they were working on over a year ago during beta. please do not buy this game and give capcom the idea that they have done a good thing (they havent)

basically, what fereydun said

wait, why do you need directinput? aren't the vast majority of sticks and pads nowadays XInput?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

wait, why do you need directinput? aren't the vast majority of sticks and pads nowadays XInput?

Either way, point is that fight sticks, even the officially branded SFV ones, are not plug and play with SF5.

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Only xbox and (only within the past half year, because of capcoms incompetence) madcatz ps4 sticks.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

bhsman posted:

SFV is pretty fun in spite of its issues.

translation: sfv is pretty fun because i have no context for what a fun fighting game is actually like

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

ps3 and ps4 are the fg consoles, and they use direct input. even the shittiest japanese doujin fighters support directinput. the stick i use most is directinput. also they said this was a known issue back in beta 2 like a year ago and said they would add it in.

the official branded SFV controllers had to be patched so that SFV PC would support them. yes, the controllers were patched before the game.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Zand posted:

translation: sfv is pretty fun because i have no context for what a fun fighting game is actually like

It's fun for me to play or watch, but I understand that how I feel personally isn't the same for everyone. :buddy:

Edit: https://twitter.com/yahooesports/status/772615899023015936

bhsman fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Sep 5, 2016

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Zand posted:

ps3 and ps4 are the fg consoles, and they use direct input. even the shittiest japanese doujin fighters support directinput. the stick i use most is directinput. also they said this was a known issue back in beta 2 like a year ago and said they would add it in.

the official branded SFV controllers had to be patched so that SFV PC would support them. yes, the controllers were patched before the game.

Holy poo poo Capcom must have trouble doing software if this is a problem. You've coded a whole game, surely you can program like a whole extra control adapter. Reminds me of early Konami PC ports with hard coded references to graphics cards and things.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
i have played indie games made years ago that had proper support for DirectInput and XInput with no issues, Capcom really has gently caress all excuse on that one.

and so does every other oval office in this industry that considers only supporting XInput acceptable. gently caress you all and the horse you rode in on.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

KOF14 fixed the underwater netcode? Did they roll GGPO when nobody was watching or it's still their own solution?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Zand posted:

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i have played indie games made years ago that had proper support for DirectInput and XInput with no issues, Capcom really has gently caress all excuse on that one.

and so does every other oval office in this industry that considers only supporting XInput acceptable. gently caress you all and the horse you rode in on.

i am not denying that it is really goddamn stupid of them to not support it

i'm just a little surprised it actually affects anyone. my understanding was that DS4Windows was the main way to use a ps3/4 controller with windows, and that that emulated an xinput pad. if I'm wrong though, fair enough, I just use a 360 pad with everything (which is probably part of why I am very bad at fighters :v:) so I don't tend to pay attention to other stuff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

KOF14 fixed the underwater netcode? Did they roll GGPO when nobody was watching or it's still their own solution?

Idk what their netcode is but I was playing someone with a one bar rated connection yesterday and it somehow worked near flawlessly. They've got some miracle code in there

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Saoshyant posted:

It's still delay based, but it's pretty good

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i'm just a little surprised it actually affects anyone. my understanding was that DS4Windows was the main way to use a ps3/4 controller with windows, and that that emulated an xinput pad. if I'm wrong though, fair enough, I just use a 360 pad with everything (which is probably part of why I am very bad at fighters :v:) so I don't tend to pay attention to other stuff

The dualshock programs don't work with PlayStation fightsticks, which scared me for about 10 seconds two years ago before I found out every fg I owned supported them natively.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Incorrect

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

with "accessibility" being a major theme of SFV, having to get third party programs to use your controller with the game is just ridiculous. its also incredibly amateurish that they have claimed to have been working on this issue for a year.

also I want to use this post as a reminder that SFV also resets all of your training mode options every time you leave training mode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

KOFXIV does that too, sadly

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's easier to only be slightly annoyed by that when the game is otherwise complete and good

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Zand posted:

with "accessibility" being a major theme of SFV, having to get third party programs to use your controller with the game is just ridiculous. its also incredibly amateurish that they have claimed to have been working on this issue for a year.

also I want to use this post as a reminder that SFV also resets all of your training mode options every time you leave training mode.

A quick remider that Dantarion made DInput drivers for SFV in less than a day. These were done back in April, in case you were thinking Capcom might actually be working on a fix for any of the busted features in this game. At this point I'm convinced that the game is hosed up because they want it to be that way. gently caress this company, I'm done buying their crap.

If you're not tired of their poo poo yet you can grab those drivers here: https://github.com/dantarion/SF5DInput/releases/tag/valpha-0.0.1

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Y'all are buying SF6 on launch day

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i didn't even buy SF4 on launch day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smoking Crow posted: