Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Fortunately, the monster chests in FC's final dungeon reward you with massive amounts of experience as well as the best gear, which eases the pain a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
So.
Excited.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I can't believe nobody has asked the most important question:

is there Wild Rage 2

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Really Pants posted:

is there Wild Rage 2

This implies ImpAtom has even considered using Gaius.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
We have acerbic tomatoes and we're not afraid to use them !

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I believe in you, thread. I believe you can break out of the optimal Laura/Fie/Alisa party and just use who you like

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I believe in you, thread. I believe you can break out of the optimal Laura/Fie/Alisa party and just use who you like

I'll use Laura Fie and Emma since shes good now!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Zaggitz posted:

That carried me through the first game, it'll carry me through this one too!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Zaggitz posted:

But also, I use Laura and Fie because I like them! So nuts to you, guy!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm gonna use Machias :shobon:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Machias is close to my favorite character in Cold Steel

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Does Cold Steel 2 force members on you like in the field studies or can you just pick anyone?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Overbite posted:

Does Cold Steel 2 force members on you like in the field studies or can you just pick anyone?

You'll have one character focused upon you each section for basically no reason and beyond that you can pick.

Edit: You'll also occasionally have plot-mandated characters but rarely more than one.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Overbite posted:

I would imagine its like SC where once a character joins the crew you can use them whenever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zaggitz posted:

I would imagine its like SC where once a character joins the crew you can use them whenever.

This is not really accurate.

The only characters you can use regularly are Class VII + Sarah. Anyone else has significant limitations. Even when you have more than one of them available you're limited to picking one.

The only time you have a completely unrestrained character selection is during the very very final dungeon which also has several playable characters not available anywhere else.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

ImpAtom posted:

You'll have one character focused upon you each section for basically no reason and beyond that you can pick.

Edit: You'll also occasionally have plot-mandated characters but rarely more than one.

But you can just throw them on your bench if you want, right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Logicblade posted:

But you can just throw them on your bench if you want, right?

Yeah, you have 6 character slots (occasionally 7) and never have to use the people on the back line if you don't want.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Falcom please let me use all of Class VII and everyone else in one party in CS3 by making extra party members equippable support abilities tia

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The year is 2030, every Trails character has a robot with a support pilot. Yes the NPCs too.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

smh if you don't make an effort to use every single party member to their fullest potential at least once. I bet you never change the first party member from the main character, either. I bet you're the sort of person who uses default Shepard in Mass Effect! The horror!

ok well I ignored Gaius too in CS. But I did use everyone in SC!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

For those of you like me who absolutely need to ocd over getting all the books and quests/AP. Here's a CS2 guide by the same peeps who did that great CS1 platinum guide.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Zaggitz posted:

For those of you like me who absolutely need to ocd over getting all the books and quests/AP. Here's a CS2 guide by the same peeps who did that great CS1 platinum guide.

Thanks for this. I don't like how Falcom hides their sidequests so I like knowing where they all are. I used the guide for Cold Steel 1 and it was good.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I'm going to NG Nightmare and use Gaius and it's going to be great. I'll wimp out and let Laura/Fie handle the NG+ stuff.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
When will the game be available on the playstation store? It's the 6th already so...

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

FrickenMoron posted:

When will the game be available on the playstation store? It's the 6th already so...

Probably within about 8 to 9 hours or so. PSN updates can be kind of randomly timed.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

ImpAtom posted:

This is not really accurate.

The only characters you can use regularly are Class VII + Sarah. Anyone else has significant limitations. Even when you have more than one of them available you're limited to picking one.

The only time you have a completely unrestrained character selection is during the very very final dungeon which also has several playable characters not available anywhere else.

Sara is a regular? Bye Emma!

MisawaMahoKodomo
Mar 23, 2016

Really Pants posted:

is there Wild Rage 2

Well seeing that no one else has answered, and I'm assuming you want an answer (I'll still spoiler tag it just in case, but it's not really that bad now is it)

Gaius does get an upgrade to his Wild Rage craft

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And beaten. That was a lot of fun.

And it took me almost an entire year! :v:

I wish there had been an extended epilogue with everyone though.

Terper fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 6, 2016

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Terper posted:

Please look forward to Trails in the Sky the 3rd.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Terper posted:

And beaten. That was a lot of fun.

And it took me almost an entire year! :v:

We'll get that one next spring.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I want to watch cutscenes of clay character models talking at each other and I want it NOW!

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
I'm about to walk in to fight the final boss in FC. Had to stop last night and go to bed, should've taken a few bonus days off for the weekend. Oh well.

Why do I feel like I'm going to curb-stomp him? Using Estelle/Joshua/Kloe/Zane as my party... I did manage to defeat Lorence at the castle so I'm reasonably confident I have a good setup as far as my orbments go and whatnot, and I did get all the treasure in the final dungeon.

Might try to go home early if that seems possible. :ohdear:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

I'm about to walk in to fight the final boss in FC. Had to stop last night and go to bed, should've taken a few bonus days off for the weekend. Oh well.

Why do I feel like I'm going to curb-stomp him? Using Estelle/Joshua/Kloe/Zane as my party... I did manage to defeat Lorence at the castle so I'm reasonably confident I have a good setup as far as my orbments go and whatnot, and I did get all the treasure in the final dungeon.

I felt the same way and it still managed to be a protracted fight. Have fun!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Very excited to see your reactions before you head into SC.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

honestly i've felt the last boss of every trails game so far has been pretty easy compared to the main rival fight prior

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Cake Attack posted:

honestly i've felt the last boss of every trails game so far has been pretty easy compared to the main rival fight prior

Easier yeah. Maybe I'm mis-remembering but in the Sky games, the final bosses seemed to have a ton of HP in comparison though. Cold Steel final bosses all seemed pretty easy to me though.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

yeah the fc/sc final bosses aren't hard but they are definitely mega hp pool having time sinks.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Time Gem + Gaia Shield = Difficulty????

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
FC final chapter - Lorence was drat annoying though. Kept healing himself back up to full when I had no chance to use an Impede move on him. Eventually just got him to about half health and then blew Estelle and Schera's 200CP S-Attacks one after another on him so he couldn't. Fight probably took 10 minutes longer than it needed to because I didn't just do that from the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

FC final chapter - Lorence was drat annoying though. Kept healing himself back up to full when I had no chance to use an Impede move on him. Eventually just got him to about half health and then blew Estelle and Schera's 200CP S-Attacks one after another on him so he couldn't. Fight probably took 10 minutes longer than it needed to because I didn't just do that from the beginning.

Earth Wall turns him into a puppy dog.