Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

Also, if you're having trouble ordering it because of credit card issues or whatever, Larito wrote an alternate guide to ordering the show: https://ello.co/senorlariato/post/5fghbj8w-fjrzo0lyarpzq

lol people still use ello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

so kobe world is this sunday. as REAL LIFE has consumed me I haven't been able to put out an ITG or preview this but it looks like a real good show, and the best show in japan that day. (I WILL FIGHT ANYONE WHO DISMISSES THE GREATNESS OF A DON FUJII/FUNAKI TAG TEAM. STEP UP AND GET PUNCHED IN THE NECK)

http://sp.live.nicovideo.jp/i18ngate/lv268862999

2160 yen pre order

2700 yen otherwise

It's also early enough (I've heard both 2 and 2:30 EDT) that you can watch both this and the G1 Block Matches

Here's the card:

Over Generation (Gamma, Takehiro Yamamura and Takao Ishida vs. Verzerk (Naoki Tanizaki, Cyber Kong, Mondai Ryu)
Jimmyz (Horiguchi, Saito, K-ness) and Futa Nakamura vs. Monster Express (Big R, Sachihoko Boy), UT, and Stalker Ichikawa
El Lindaman vs. Jimmy Kanda.
Masaaki Mochizuki and Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs. Don Fujii and Masakatsu Funaki (holy poo poo that match should own)
Open the Brave Gate Championship:Yosuke:h:Santa Maria(c) vs. Eita
Open the Twin Gate Championship:Jimmyz (Susumu and Kagetora)(c)vs. Verzerk (Naruki Doi and Brother YASSHI)
Open the Triangle Gate Championship:Monster Express(c) (Masato Yoshino, Akira Tozawa, and T-Hawk) vs. Over Generation (CIMA, Dragon Kid, and Peter Kaasa) vs. Tribe Vanguard (BxB Hulk, Flamita, and Kzy)
Open the Dream Gate Championahip:Shingo Takagi(c) vs. YAMATO

If you want a good preview check out Voices of Wrestling like usual for a big puro show

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Thauros posted:

Monster Express (Big R, Sachihoko Boy), UT, and Stalker Ichikawa

That is the most :psyduck: team.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

That is the most :psyduck: team.

congrats big r, you are most definitely not eating the fall for probably the debut tonight.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Who jobs, Stalker or U-T?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Somehow they pin each other.

[edit]Holy poo poo I want that kid's Jimmyz scarf.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jul 24, 2016

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
First two matches were a lot of fun!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Technically, Stalker just won a match.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yosuke and Lindaman being in an inter-faction relationship is adorable. :3:

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
that senior citizen special was everything i wanted for in that match and more.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
THE BLEHHHHHHHHH VERSION IS NO LONGER ON YOUTUBE, THIS UPSETS ME.

Is it anywhere else?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

that senior citizen special was everything i wanted for in that match and more.

I am glad that Fuji kept the tradition of trying to toss people off the balcony alive.

Also Eita's real good yall. Hope he got paid real good to job to Old Man Liger.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
EIIIIIIIIIIITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Also just want to mention that Futa Nakamura is basically Lil' Shingo.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Holy shiiiit I've never seen the Bakatare Sliding Kick countered like that before. :stare:

[edit]aaaaaaa this match :aaa:

[edit2]Goddamn that was a good show. The undercard was fun and the title matches were awesome.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 24, 2016

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

just realized the booking means every unit except verserk has gold after kobe world

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Hey if anyone's interested (I need some sleep before G1 and work and the second runs head to head with the G1 anyway so I'm gonna pass) there's a DG doubleheader from Shinuku FACE that's available on nico. These two shows mark the start of the Tag League.

https://twitter.com/DragonGateEN/status/761736230308421632

Card 1's at Midnight EDT/ 5:00 BST, card 2's at 5 AM EDT/10:00 BST

08/06/2016
Tokyo, Shinjuku FACE – 13:00
1. Shingo Takagi, Cyber Kong, Mondai Ryu vs. Masato Yoshino, T-Hawk, Futa Nakamura
2. Ryo “Jimmy” Saito vs. “Hollywood” Stalker Ichikawa
3. Naruki Doi, brother YASSHI, Naoki Tanizaki vs. CIMA, Takehiro Yamamura, Kaito Ishida
4. Dragon Kid, Gamma, Eita, Punch Tominaga vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, Jimmy Kanda, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!
5. A Block: Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kagetora vs. Yosuke♡Santa Maria, El Lindaman
6. B Block: YAMATO, BxB Hulk vs. Akira Tozawa, Big R Shimizu

08/06/2016
Tokyo, Shinjuku FACE – 18:00
Exhibition Match: Hyou Watanabe vs. Katsumi Takashima
1. Ryo “Jimmy” Saito, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Jimmy Kanda vs. CIMA, Gamma, Futa Nakamura
2. Punch Tominaga vs. Mondai Ryu
3. B Block: Naruki Doi, brother YASSHI vs. Takehiro Yamamura, Kaito Ishida
4. Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, Akira Tozawa, Big R Shimizu vs. YAMATO, BxB Hulk, Yosuke♡Santa Maria, El Lindaman
5. B Block: Dragon Kid, Eita vs. Shingo Takagi, Cyber Kong
6. A Block: Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kagetora vs. Masato Yoshino, T-Hawk

card info courtesy of https://www.iheartdg.com

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Tozawa is challenging for the Dream Gate at the 9/22 show which may or may not be his sendoff so that's cool I guess.

More importantly the undefeated since his return "brother" YASSHI pinned some young boys with Nice Jamaicans and will take the Brave Gate title from Eita on that show. :getin:

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Aug 6, 2016

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
triangle gate 9/4 in okinawa vs saito/horiguchi/kanda. they never tape okinawa. so it's fair to say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

also another kid debuted this week, hyou watanabe. he doesn't have nearly the buzz that shun or hiro had, but odds are he's pretty solid. his debut made tape and it was 15 minutes in kobe, so that's promising.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Let me guess, he's gonna join Over Generation.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
The Jimmyz unseat Monster Express as Triangle Gate Champions. Kind of remarkable due to it being untaped in Okinawa in a show that was a joint produce with Ryukyu Dragon Pro Wrestling (Guruken Mask's promotion). MX had a remarkable, if incredibly low-key title reign. Ended 2nd in length and tied for 1st all time in defenses.

SATL wraps up on the 7th.

B Block has been finalized as Dragon Kid and Eita won the block and Osaka 06 came in second. A Block had YASSHI/Doi winning all the matches to finish first. Currently MarrahaIsappa and Yokosuka Ichoume are tied in second with Genki/Ryo holding the tiebreak. HOWEVER. The last match in the round robin is Big T (2 pts behind second) and Marilyns (0 points). If Big T wins, it's a crazy 3 way tie between them and the JImmyz Teams.

so the semi's and finals look like this:

DK/Eita vs A Block 2nd place
YASSHI/Doi vs Osaka 06.

And we are 17 days away from YAMATO vs Tozawa. You should probably get your hankies ready.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/772830057039482880

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Tozawa was officially announced for the WWE Cruiserweight Division. It's totally dusty in here.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Tozawa was officially announced for the WWE Cruiserweight Division. It's totally dusty in here.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Why does WWE hate Monster Express?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Maybe they in fact love them and that's why they're getting all of them.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Hey, this is tomorrow at 2:00 EDT/7:00 BST. Not sure if I'll be able to watch it myself due to NJPW and the fact that Thursday is the one day I actually have to be at work on time, but it looks like a very signficant card. Not only do you have Tozawa's probable farewell match before heading to WWE but there's a full slate of fairly compelling title matches and I know DG people are very high on the young boys in the opner.

VoW Preview
Alan4L's Nico ordering guide

09/22/2016
Tokyo, Ota City General Gymnasium
Dangerous Gate 2016

0. Shachihoko BOY vs. Mondai Ryu
1. Don Fujii, El Lindaman, Futa Nakamura, Shun Watanabe vs. Gamma, Takehiro Yamamura, Kaito Ishida, Hyou Watanabe
2. Cyber Kong vs. Jimmy K-ness J.K.S.
3. Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Eita vs. brother YASSHI
4. Open the Triangle Gate Championship Match: Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Ryo “Jimmy” Saito, Jimmy Kanda vs. BxB Hulk, Kzy, Yosuke♡Santa Maria
5. Ota City Special 8 Man Tag Match: Masato Yoshino, T-Hawk, Big R Shimizu, Peter Kaasa vs. CIMA, Dragon Kid, Masaaki Mochizuki, Flamita
6. Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kagetora vs. Naruki Doi, Shingo Takagi
7. Open the Dream Gate Championship Match: YAMATO vs. Akira Tozawa
(card courtesy of https://www.iheartdg.com)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I have no doubt that the main event's going to be awesome and emotional.

But man that 8-man tag is going to be NUTS. :stare:

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
if you want a r good history of tozawa, one of my good friends at vow put one out

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/09/21/sun-ring-song-akira-tozawa/

or you can read my fanboy crying dork rear end at @insidedgcast

i'm so nervous either way the main event can go.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Cyber Kong and YASSHI each getting a singles match was not a good plan.

ahahahahaah is Lindaman's attacking everyone tonight because Maria dumped him?

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Sep 22, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Tozawa's leaving and MX immediately starts having problems. :smithicide:

[edit]That match was awesome. I'm hearing he might not be leaving until after the 29th though?

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Sep 22, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tozawa has officially announced that he will graduate Dragon Gate. His last match will be on Nov 3rd at Osaka Edion Arena.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/BfloJae/status/781466788651343872

Welp. Looks like I'll have a memorial avatar soon. :smith:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Anyone watching Tozawa's graduation tonight?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Bumping for Final Gate: YAMADoi EXPLODES

So hype for that main event. The rest of the card looks great too.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Super excites for Final Gate. I can actually watch this one live.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i don't post a lot here anymore, but that's mainly cause i've been busy in real life and joined vow doing dragon gate coverage/co-hosting their dg podcast.

here's a preview i contributed to about final gate!

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/12/22/dragon-gate-final-gate-2016-preview-predictions/

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

What is this show? Both Stalker and Kzy have wins?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What do you folks make of the hooded figures that helped Doi to the back? I couldn't tell who either one was, but I'm guessing a new unit springing out of some of the unaffiliated roster, because right now there way more unaffiliated roster than there have been in quite some time. I could see a Speed Muscle reunion happening, and Mocchy might be content to stay solo now like Fujii, but there's also Shimizu, Kotoka, Shachi and U-T without a unit now. Unless they're taking Ben-K, Skywalker, or Watanabe without putting them through OG first. Doi leading would make sense with the booking of him losing - he couldn't do it as an independent, but he can challenge YAMATO again once he builds himself up as a leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Doi, Yoshino, and Ben-K seem the most likely to me as the core of a new unit, but beyond that I have no clue how things will shake out.

• Locked thread