Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Fenris13 posted:

So QGJ is chomping at the bit to do a t7 raid, and I think we are right on the precipice of being able to pull it off, but I would feel much more comfortable if we had one or two more heavy hitters to help push us through. Would any of IGD's guys be willing to come join us for a bit?

Yeah, I'm down to help. FC is 115-898-334

I don't think I can solo phase 1 anymore but I can take a big chunk out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
2 days of cantina for Kylo shards. Zero shards I am not even sure how remote the statistical likely hood of this happening but drat game I don't even like Kylo I just need the warm body for phasma to carry around. There are so many teams I need to fill out it really makes you see the grind when your collecting warn body's to fill x type squad. Just a few more guys left and I can go back to wasting resources on bad toons of my choosing. :bang:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I pulled a dick move on my arena team. I'm now running AA (L), Lando, STH, Emperor, QGJ. Including AA's buff, my speeds are now: AA - 188, Lando - 187, STH - 173, Emp - 177, QGJ - 164. This means that AA goes first, and when controlled by AI, he always uses Tac genius first. Then Lando goes and uses his AOE. Assuming he gets 2 crits (46% so pretty good chance), he then gets crit chance up, attacks immediately again, and gets to use his AOE again, which now has crit up and deals 100% more damage. This is followed by Emperor's stun everybody and an STH taunt. Then QGJ goes and removes RG's taunt -- cause let's face it, after Lando double AOEs, he is going to be taunting.

I would recommend this team and reordering your speed until you have this order, it's pretty amazing. It's also holding up better on defense than I have been lately (currently rank 18). I'm still unable to break into top 5 because their emperors are just too fast. Apparently running Wiggs means that speed is a lot more important though, so I'm going back to working on that and then returning to mod farming later.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

I pulled a dick move on my arena team. I'm now running AA (L), Lando, STH, Emperor, QGJ. Including AA's buff, my speeds are now: AA - 188, Lando - 187, STH - 173, Emp - 177, QGJ - 164. This means that AA goes first, and when controlled by AI, he always uses Tac genius first. Then Lando goes and uses his AOE. Assuming he gets 2 crits (46% so pretty good chance), he then gets crit chance up, attacks immediately again, and gets to use his AOE again, which now has crit up and deals 100% more damage. This is followed by Emperor's stun everybody and an STH taunt. Then QGJ goes and removes RG's taunt -- cause let's face it, after Lando double AOEs, he is going to be taunting.

I would recommend this team and reordering your speed until you have this order, it's pretty amazing. It's also holding up better on defense than I have been lately (currently rank 18). I'm still unable to break into top 5 because their emperors are just too fast. Apparently running Wiggs means that speed is a lot more important though, so I'm going back to working on that and then returning to mod farming later.

What mods are you running there?

And a more general question as someone who doesn't really pay attention to mods how does it really work? Do you go farm the challenge you want then spend 200k to get it to 12 to see if it has the bonuses you want and if not you ignore it and try again? I hit top 20 with just having a handful of mods but feel I want to make a push for top 10 again.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Can't help you, I got all my mods in the two days of precrafting 2.0 when the drop rate was 100% and the cost of leveling them halved :v:

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

Can't help you, I got all my mods in the two days of precrafting 2.0 when the drop rate was 100% and the cost of leveling them halved :v:

Oh man I need another mod appreciation weekend. So much money saved on that. Finally 240 some odd energy and the game spit out that last Kylo shard to unlock him. So anyone use him and can he be made good? I am just wondering if I should put much more resources in him than it would take to drag him through the mod challenge. I am just not sure what type of team he would be good for.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

So anyone use him and can he be made good?

No.

Hughlander posted:

What mods are you running there?

And a more general question as someone who doesn't really pay attention to mods how does it really work? Do you go farm the challenge you want then spend 200k to get it to 12 to see if it has the bonuses you want and if not you ignore it and try again? I hit top 20 with just having a handful of mods but feel I want to make a push for top 10 again.

Speed primary and secondary stats are pretty much the only thing I care about. Crit damage is also good, and potency is good on some. Anything else I go for Protection, except the two mods that have to be offence or defense. For sets, really whatever you can get. Crit dam and speed are the best sets, followed by crit % and potency as filler. For tanks, potency and defense sets are really good. However, because of precrafting 2.0, I am still primarily running health and defense set mods, although I am starting to have some crit % and potency sets.

Yes and no. If you have poo poo mods, you should level any mod that has one of the primaries I listed above. With one exception (speed), primary is a lot more important than secondaries. So, with the exception of speed and crit dam primaries, I sell all white mods (as well as any non 5* mods, except 3 and 4* speed mods). After that, if a mod starts with 2 or 3 secondaries and one of them is good, like speed, flat prot or crit %, I level it to see the full set of secondaries. If it's like prot %, health %, and flat health, I will probably sell it. %stats are pretty bad - 3% (a pretty high roll) prot is 600 on the tankiest of tanks. A good flat roll is 2-3k.
If your mod doesn't already come with speed secondary, the highest you can get by upgrading the mod is about a 5. By comparison, I have rolled an 11 off a higher quality mod with speed on it.

Does that make more sense?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

For dealing with the fast emperors, consider using Yoda. I've started using him on every fight against an enemy emperor, regardless of speed, because he completely shuts their first attack down.

I'm also really close to getting an arena ready Tarkin, who on paper at least looks like he should do well with the emperor.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
They need to make a 100% mod drop rate weekend. I got 0 mods in my last 8 pulls, wtf. I have like 50 of the stupid rectangle offense mods and no arrows or triangles. Mods loving suck rear end.

Kylo sucks rear end too, but I still got him 7* ready, G7, and Im currently leveling him to 80 because he owns. I dont care if he does no damage, him and his moves look cool.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Jerkface posted:

They need to make a 100% mod drop rate weekend. I got 0 mods in my last 8 pulls, wtf. I have like 50 of the stupid rectangle offense mods and no arrows or triangles. Mods loving suck rear end.

Kylo sucks rear end too, but I still got him 7* ready, G7, and Im currently leveling him to 80 because he owns. I dont care if he does no damage, him and his moves look cool.

When 60 was the level cap I kept rank 1 for like 3 weeks with plasma lead, kylo, Sid, Lum, fotp. 3 first order was so many attacks.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
How cg could make Kylo better. Have him fanboy anytime he is in a squad with Vader. If he is squared with any form of han he is crying while han tells dad jokes. If the entire team is made up of his family members he stands in the corner of the screen and pouts while they all ask him about his feelings.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

xyigx posted:

How cg could make Kylo better. Have him fanboy anytime he is in a squad with Vader. If he is squared with any form of han he is crying while han tells dad jokes. If the entire team is made up of his family members he stands in the corner of the screen and pouts while they all ask him about his feelings.

It'd actually be great if characters could have "vendettas" or something. If Kylo kills (or is in a squad that kills?) Han then he gets offense up and exposed, something like that.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
My new arena team is really quite awesome: https://swgoh.gg/u/twostep/ (Wedge/Biggs/Emp/Lando/Sun Fac)

Currently holding on to #1 2 hours after my payout. I have the first 7* wedge I have seen on my shard, and I think people are too scared to attack or are losing to me. Kinda glad I whaled on Wedge some when he was first out (got him to 5*, then discovered he was bad, so I stopped buying Aurodium packs). My big dilemma is if I should swap out Lando for either STH or Anakin. My Anakin isn't quite done yet, but I feel like he might be better than Lando. I do kinda like only running one sort of tank in Sun Fac, because I can beat most teams in less than a minute, and I still don't have Wedge fully omega'd and need a gear level on Wedge and Biggs (If anyone else is working on these two, start saving up gear now. Wedge needs 3 different raid gear things at G9, and both of them need a ton of stupid cuffs, syringes, and other purple gear)

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Applied to goongan army

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

It'd actually be great if characters could have "vendettas" or something. If Kylo kills (or is in a squad that kills?) Han then he gets offense up and exposed, something like that.

That would be so much better of mechanics than +x to stat vs y type mob. I dream of a land where sid does not dodge 20 Jedi attacks in a row while paired with lumi leads. Like wedge and Biggs could have bonuses when defeating tie pilots and neat stuff like that.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So, how are we going to handle the new raid? If it indeed only drops 6* mods and R2D2(?) shards, could we perhaps alternate between them? I imagine most people still need raid rather gear than slightly better mods and many, myself included, would like to finish Han eventually.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

So, how are we going to handle the new raid? If it indeed only drops 6* mods and R2D2(?) shards, could we perhaps alternate between them? I imagine most people still need raid rather gear than slightly better mods and many, myself included, would like to finish Han eventually.

Han has such good use as a Rebel and a Smuggler, that I'd say we should get him finished - I wonder if R2 is Droid and Rebel? And probably overpowered?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I vote alternate the raids for sure. We all need Han.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

iGestalt posted:

Han has such good use as a Rebel and a Smuggler, that I'd say we should get him finished - I wonder if R2 is Droid and Rebel? And probably overpowered?

Given how every new character seems to be more overpowered than the last, I bet R2D2 is going to have some mass debuff that causes all attacks against those afflicted to be critical hits and lasts 3 turns.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Spakstik posted:

Given how every new character seems to be more overpowered than the last, I bet R2D2 is going to have some mass debuff that causes all attacks against those afflicted to be critical hits and lasts 3 turns.

Nah he's light side. It'll be a group buff that every attack is an undodgeable cry.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Fallorn posted:

Applied to goongan army

Is GGA even active anymore? I thought they were absorbed into the other two guilds after the mods patch?

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

GGA Still exists, we are plugging along at...t5? raids at the moment. we aren't full of 80s or extremely active, but we've been clearing about 1.5 raids a week and people are donating when they can.

Fallorn, What was your in game name?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I still log in a few times a day and do my fairly insignificant part on the raids for GGA. I'm pretty bad at this game but the guild part really helps with shards and parts, also having high level allies is great.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Deadly Panda

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
FYI there are currently server issues.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

cowofwar posted:

I vote alternate the raids for sure. We all need Han.

This would be the best way.

^ yeah I was wondering about that.

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?
Thanks for the heads up Dave. Loading cantina again.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

This would be the best way.

^ yeah I was wondering about that.

If we still get raid gear from the next raid, I'm going to suggest doing 2/3 new raids, but if there's no raid gear, then probably every other.

Also, yeah, I can't get into SWGOH, which is why I checked on here.

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002
I love that their error message is that there is an error with my connection. 75% of the time, the problem is with them!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I hope we get crystals for this down time. I'm down to 19 at the moment.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Those free crystals we're about to get would have been handy to 7* Lando during emperor event...

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Glad to see the new raid of "Loading Cantina" has been added.

Bit overtuned, though.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
You need to have the entire cantina band unlocked to do the raid this is horseshit!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Ok Fella posted:

You need to have the entire cantina band unlocked to do the raid this is horseshit!

I think you mean Jizz Band.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Damnit, I want my free cantina energy. That works out to 1 Wedge shard and I need it, damnit. Crystals are cool too though I guess.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

If we still get raid gear from the next raid, I'm going to suggest doing 2/3 new raids, but if there's no raid gear, then probably every other.

Also, yeah, I can't get into SWGOH, which is why I checked on here.

Yeah that would make more sense. Just have to wait and see what the rewards are.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Managed to get in long enough to get Arena reward at least. Then it stopped working again.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Servers are unhappy, but working.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Reddit is reporting that EA is getting DDOSed, which might be why the servers are lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
drat the servers can do down everyday if they're gonna hand out poo poo like that everytime.