Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I should've mentioned that I'm playing the HD TP on the Wii u so is it somehow easier to do without the motion on? Also is there any good place to get bows or bombs with the bridges out. I couldn't find anyone in castle town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Wait so there are only four dungeons in BotW?

This game is getting less exciting every day.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Yorkshire Tea posted:

4 dungeons, most likely 5. Over 100 'shrines' or minidungeons.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yorkshire Tea posted:

The best currently released Zelda has 4 dungeons so

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm sorry, Ocarina of time has 9 dungeons.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Wind Waker has seven, dumbass. Learn to count.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
For Wind Waker most I can come up with is six and that's being generous

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

greatn posted:

For Wind Waker most I can come up with is six and that's being generous

I think it's

Forsaken Fortress 1, Dragon Roost, Forest, Tower, Forsaken Fortress 2, Wind, Earth

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Yorkshire Tea posted:

frodnonnag posted:

4 dungeons, most likely 5. Over 100 'shrines' or minidungeons.

Nobody knows how many proper dungeons, there has been no official info on it. If anyone tells you it's 4 they're making it up or guessing or very credulous.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It was a leak, which has been supported by evidence that came out about the game. The leak was there are four massive dungeons and 100 mini dungeons, and this came before Nintendo revealed there are in fact "over 100" shrines. The four pillars surrounding Hyrule castle seem supportive of this theory as well.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Four big dungeons sounds ideal for this game. But I'd also like them to do a 3D Zelda game with like 10 dungeons that only take around an hour to finish the first time ala LttP.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

greatn posted:

It was a leak, which has been supported by evidence that came out about the game. The leak was there are four massive dungeons and 100 mini dungeons, and this came before Nintendo revealed there are in fact "over 100" shrines. The four pillars surrounding Hyrule castle seem supportive of this theory as well.

yeah but after you break those pillars you go to the dark world and there's 8 more dungeons duh

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

lol every day really? where are you getting all this new info that i keep missing out on

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

The dungeons in Majora's Mask were loving excellent, with lots of neat puzzles, cool architecture, fun minibosses, a loooooooot of rewards for exploration and great bosses, so I'm not worried at all about a low "main" dungeon count
Not to mention each of them basically being the size of three OoT dungeons.

I hope they go all-out crazy with the dungeon gimmicks this time, ESPECIALLY in the supposed main dungeons. Basically, make each main dungeon as unique as Stonetower Temple, and put even crazier stuff into the 100 minidungeons. This is gonna be GOOD.

Biggest mysteries for me, so far: how they're gonna handle classic Zelda bosses (not huge wandering enemies, but actual boss encounters - you took so much from Shadow of the Colossus already, let's see you do the logical thing next, please), and what towns are gonna be like. I could live with lots of desolate landscape with few NPCs, and one central sidequest hell town like Windfall Island.

We don't know anything about horses / fast-travel yet, do we?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
We know you can instantly warp to any shrine or tower you've activated.

Also you can catch and tame wild horses.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I kinda hope there aren't towns and instead just a few crazy people living in caves like the first game.

BotW takes place in a Hyrule where Ganon won, right? Let's have that post-apocalyptic Zelda game.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope there's a couple settlements.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

greatn posted:

I hope there's a couple settlements.

I hope there's a joke settlement populated by exactly one crazy old man, who is just present in every house and shop but wearing a different costume every time.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

SylvainMustach posted:

I should've mentioned that I'm playing the HD TP on the Wii u so is it somehow easier to do without the motion on? Also is there any good place to get bows or bombs with the bridges out. I couldn't find anyone in castle town
You can get arrows in Castle Town - one of the Gorons in the empty house on the SW side of the main plaza, next to the cafe, will sell them to you. I think you're SOL on the bombs front at that point though.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

deadly_pudding posted:

I hope there's a joke settlement populated by exactly one crazy old man, who is just present in every house and shop but wearing a different costume every time.

This sounds like every settlement in Skyrim, other than the joke part.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

deadly_pudding posted:

The first DLC for Borderlands 2 is literally this.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

deadly_pudding posted:

No, that was my brother!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

LanceKing2200 posted:

The first DLC for Borderlands 2 is literally this.

No, that was a crazy old man who propped up all the dehyrdated corpses of his neighbors and did characters for all of them through a PA system. The difference is subtle, but important :colbert:

This hypothetical zelda old man didn't develop a corpse obsession, which lands him safely in "kooky" territory instead of being basically a Card Against Humanity. Shade's arc does have a pretty good twist ending that really hammers home how horrible his life is, though.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
I would enjoy a dwindling populace of weird hermits in caves. BUT I also want to see Zelda finally do a crazy bustling town, similar to and more fleshed out than TP Castle Town but not on rails. Like you fall down a hole after braving some abandoned, desolate part of wilderness and then BAM, underground metropolis.

Really curious about what direction character design will go in. Link is fairly reserved in style, if a little muppet-y. His face is definitely not Disney like SS Link and much plainer than TP.

The features of Old Man and the monks are definitely exaggerated and much more cartoony. So I wonder what the exact spectrum will look like.

I'm a little bummed that we might never see a style like WW again, outside of handheld games. The chibi designs were really nuanced in terms of anatomy and movement and seemed to have been influenced by African sculpture.

While I like the other Zelda styles, I still think WW is unparalleled in terms of cohesive art direction that really elevated the gameplay.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think you're all overlooking that it should be the Wind Waker guy who says "SPLOOSH. KAPOW! HOORAY, YAAAAY".

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Have we seen Link wearing anything else? I'm assuming the game is going to have armor pieces so you can clownsuit poo poo together and dress Link up however. I'm really hoping there's throw-back outfits for Link so we can look like Link from any other Zelda. The LTTP/LA/LBW is the best.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

Have we seen Link wearing anything else? I'm assuming the game is going to have armor pieces so you can clownsuit poo poo together and dress Link up however. I'm really hoping there's throw-back outfits for Link so we can look like Link from any other Zelda. The LTTP/LA/LBW is the best.

Yeah, we saw different armor (or even hot hot shirtless Link) in the demo. You can bet that Classic Green Link will be the ultimate armor or something.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

s.i.r.e. posted:

Have we seen Link wearing anything else?

So far:

-sheikah shorts
-tan shirt/brown pants
-champion shirt (blue shirt from promotional material)
-quilted shirt (green shirt with undershirt)
-knight armor
-samurai outfit and top-knot hairdo
-jedi hood

Probably missing some.

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'm really hoping there's throw-back outfits for Link so we can look like Link from any other Zelda.

Triforce Heroes cheerleader outfit :colbert:

coffeecup fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 6, 2016

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

s.i.r.e. posted:

They're different looks. LTTP Link had purple hair.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

coffeecup posted:

-knight armor
-samurai outfit and top-knot hairdo

Oh poo poo, any screens of this?

Patter Song posted:

They're different looks. LTTP Link had purple hair.

I was talking about the outfit drat you. :colbert:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

s.i.r.e. posted:

I have this one

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

surely by now you've seen the trailer they released back at e3

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

It would be cool if heavier armors would cause your stamina to drain faster while doing stuff. Sorta makes you have to think about you outfit before adventuring

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Hihohe posted:

It would be cool if heavier armors would cause your stamina to drain faster while doing stuff. Sorta makes you have to think about you outfit before adventuring

Yeah but then everyone'd just rush Havel

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SylvainMustach posted:

Why would you be using motion controls at all?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The motion controls on the HD version are good. I use the sticks for broad motions then the motion to be more precise.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Runcible Cat posted:

You can get arrows in Castle Town - one of the Gorons in the empty house on the SW side of the main plaza, next to the cafe, will sell them to you. I think you're SOL on the bombs front at that point though.

Thank you. Is there any way to beat the guy on the bridge without bomb arrows?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You dint need bomb arrows at all. Why would you think that? Just shoot him with normal arrows.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

greatn posted:

You dint need bomb arrows at all. Why would you think that? Just shoot him with normal arrows.

Oh.
That wasn't working. I'll try harder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

SylvainMustach posted:

Oh.
That wasn't working. I'll try harder

Have you considered dodge rolling, or R2 spam? Don't forget to bow after the duel is complete.

git gud, son