Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

Stevonnie is my favorite fusion :kiddo:

That's a really good avatar!

Also Greg is the best character, this is an indisputable fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shima Honnou posted:

Bismuth is the only gem who understands how things actually work in the real world.

"The commune will not establish itself, Comrade Steven!"

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Philip Rivers posted:

It's okay to have favorites as long as you acknowledge that Sardonyx is the best fusion.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Funky Valentine posted:

"The commune will not establish itself, Comrade Steven!"

I hope rainbow communist aunt comes back soon.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Ironically, if you look up Stronger Than You, the original for Stronger Than You is at the top again because of Cartoon Network UK's upload. The only thing that can beat Undertale fans is Corporate Meddling.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Philip Rivers posted:

:yeah:

Smoky is in 2nd place for me

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Swedish Horror posted:

That's a really good avatar!

Also Greg is the best character, this is an indisputable fact.

Thanks! I made it myself :buddy:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Philip Rivers posted:

I like Stevonnie a lot because she's still learning so much.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Stevonnie is queer af and it owns, I wish I was as cool as Stevonnie irl

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

GunnerJ posted:

Hm, probably Connie I think. I wasn't really ranking characters as I went along. Actually there was one thing I was thinking of, the important "Best Surrogate Mom for Steven" contest. I think I'm probably going to have to disappoint you and probably others and say that Garnet was the best mom. Pearl was better at mother-ing. Amethyst wasn't really in the running because she's more like a cool older sister. Those are my conclusions after analyzing the core main characters of the TV show Steven Universe to determine the best mom.

Also I think I'm caught up now. This is a really entertaining and good show. I don't think I can go apeshit over it the way a lot of yall do but it was a lot of fun and I'll keep watching it. I'll answer any other questions because uh everyone seems to want to ask me them so go for it.

I still think I was right about the onion kid and he's going to turn out to be super evil.

Everyone calls them moms, but I think of them as Aunts raising their nephew. With Amethyst still as the cool sister.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pearl is your aunt who always has a glass of wine in her hand no matter the occasion.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Shima Honnou posted:

Bismuth is the only gem who understands how things actually work in the real world.

This guy gets it.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Makes sense. Garnet is definitely the most stable Gem, if I had to choose one of them to actually babysit a child she be certainly be the best choice.

There's going to be new episodes every Thursday of this month if you want to check them out too.

Glad you liked the show! What did you end up thinking about the whole Jasper corruption plot line?

Welp, given that fusion is explicitly supposed to be a metaphor for positive relationships of various kinds, it speaks worse of her character than more or less anything else she does that she's willing to manipulate and coerce others into it. I'm getting over a relationship that was bad for me in a lot of ways, so the part where Lapis is messed up because she actually misses being Malachite on some level, uh, kinda hit a nerve. lol this loving kid's show.

I don't know what to make of the corruption specifically though, like there are some very questionable places someone could take the metaphor using that I guess.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
number one reason Bismuth is in the wrong: shattering a gem doesn't destroy the consciousness, merely reduces it to tormented fragments. the death sentence is only a practicality when the hypothetical criminal isn't actually immortal.

these "no-nonsense" solutions of your just don't hold water in a complex world of gem-powered machines and warp travel.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

thatbastardken posted:

number one reason Bismuth is in the wrong: shattering a gem doesn't destroy the consciousness, merely reduces it to tormented fragments. the death sentence is only a practicality when the hypothetical criminal isn't actually immortal.

these "no-nonsense" solutions of your just don't hold water in a complex world of gem-powered machines and warp travel.

Who gives a poo poo. To the lampposts!!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

GunnerJ posted:

Who gives a poo poo. To the lampposts!!

you're thinking small. If death doesn't kill your enemy you need to find better ways of destroying them.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"The workers in the automobile factories and steel mills must be liberated from their capitalist oppressors!"

"Bismuth it's 2016. There aren't any works in the automobile factories or steel mills anymore."

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

thatbastardken posted:

you're thinking small. If death doesn't kill your enemy you need to find better ways of destroying them.

Destroy your enemies by turning them into friends.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

thatbastardken posted:

Bubbling is actually the superior method of disposing of gems. So long as they can't be accessed they have effectively been nullified forever. So just send the bubbles into deep space and you're fine.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Philip Rivers posted:

Destroy your enemies by turning them into friends.

Yellow Diamond doesn't seem like the "constitutional monarch" type tho

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Pearl is your aunt who always has champagne in her hand no matter the occasion.

FTFY

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

gmq posted:

The SU fandom cried a lot after this video became a lot more popular than the original song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TzVOLOROkM

It's not great, though. I love Undertale but there's something about this that's just lazy and ill-thought out. Using Garnet's song of celebratory joy and victory for Sans - depressed, nihilistic, nothing matters I'll only get off my rear end when reality is ending Sans - fighting against the embodiment of murder. It's just... rough.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

thatbastardken posted:

Bismuth must learn the lessons that Gul Dukat teaches us on Deep Space 9: A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place. To force them to acknowledge your greatness.

Then you kill them.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
I think there might be some daylight between "let the Diamonds remain in power" and "put them to death."

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Kellsterik posted:

I think there might be some daylight between "let the Diamonds remain in power" and "put them to death."

Nope.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Who What Now posted:

Bubbling is actually the superior method of disposing of gems. So long as they can't be accessed they have effectively been nullified forever. So just send the bubbles into deep space and you're fine.

Send those bubbles to the sun.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kellsterik posted:

Keep the Diamonds as imperial figureheads answerable to a Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers during the transition to a parliamentary democracy?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Shatter all clods

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

RandomPauI posted:

Keep the Diamonds as imperial figureheads answerable to a Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers during the transition to a parliamentary democracy?

Garnet with a corn-cob pipe and aviators.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Kellsterik posted:

You just gave me the best idea.

What if we shatter them... And then throw the shards into the sun?

Send those bubbles to the sun.

He gets it.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

My favorite fusion (design wise) is still Opal.

Same, I wish they'd give her at least one more lengthy episode to expand her maybe a little? They did for Sardonyx, and Aimee Mann clearly loved working on the show from her Twitter post.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Shima Honnou posted:

What if we shatter them... And then throw the shards into the sun?

Remember what that cloud of smoke did to Together Breakfast? Replace some pancakes with the sun. It's a bad idea :colbert:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

gmq posted:

The SU fandom cried a lot after this video became a lot more popular than the original song.

I like Undertale but I saw approximately 1 second of this video and went noooope

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I like Stevonnie a lot because they're still learning so much.

ftfy

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

TwoPair posted:

I like Undertale but I saw approximately 1 second of this video and went noooope

:same:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Makes sense. Garnet is definitely the most stable Gem, if I had to choose one of them to actually babysit a child she be certainly be the best choice.
And yet, her power means nothing to an infant. :(

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

gmq posted:

Tbf to this, the first Steven Universe upload had way more views than this has even now, it just got taken down because Cartoon Network decided to start putting up their own (trying to be exclusive) versions.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I keep waiting for Steven to unbubble Bismuth after learning Rose shattered Pink Diamond. Pretty hosed up man.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I keep waiting for Steven to unbubble Bismuth after learning Rose shattered Pink Diamond. Pretty hosed up man.

I don't think learning your parent wasn't a saint automatically changes your entire worldview. Like, "Hey, Bismuth, I found out my mom did shatter a gem and therefore I have reversed my entire stance regarding the sanctity of life, let's waste some motherfuckers"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Doctor Reynolds posted:

If anything, learning his mum murdered a dude may have just made Steven even less okay with murdering dudes or using weapons created for the express purpose of murdering dudes better.