Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

nigga crab pollock posted:

involuntarily celibate

yeah, lol

What the gently caress is a "involuntarily celibate"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crackton
May 9, 2009

nigga crab pollock posted:

involuntarily celibate

yeah, lol

Lmfao it actually means something? I thought it was an off-the-cuff word for insolent or some poo poo. Everything makes so much sense now.

Thank you!

Sorry, I refuse to visit any link that's not a gif out of fear of following the rabbit hole too deep, and having a aneurysm. Otherwise I would've caught on to this earlier.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Calico Heart posted:

for real though mystery is king dork

even in this publicity photo he looks like a rabbit in the headlights

Why is an anime character giving out dating tips?

crackton
May 9, 2009
some content for the thread after all my shitposting:

The mental gymnastics and self denial that these people take is oustanding: "How dare someone suggest I try to lose weight, or learn what these normies refer to as "social skills". That would take like a bajillion years, and besides there's nothing wrong with me, my mother says I'm perfect!"

Also, which one you you is this lol:

edit: moist hole

crackton fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 7, 2016

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"Normie" isn't nearly as much of a slur as they think it is

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

punk rebel ecks posted:

it's a person who forms their identity and self-worth around how often they get laid, which is never

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Really though Halloween is almost here, if a moist hole is all you want you can just microwave a pumpkin real good

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Steve Buschemi may be a frog-faced weirdo, but he's cute as heck. You don't have to be conventionally attractive to be attractive. Same for guys like Bandersnatch Cummerbund. He may have a squinty llama-face, but he oozes raw charisma wherever I see him.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Isn't ladder theory just the idea that both men and women seek partners who are healthy, attractive, interesting and exciting? But made into autistic beep boop bullshit where it's good for the man to want these things in a partner but the same desire makes women all dirty whores?

I'm sure there's several variations, but the one I've seen is a pretty good condensation of all the ways in which Nice Guys fail to comprehend social interaction.

Basically dudes have a "ladder," where each individual rung represents a woman they know. A guy is willing to sleep with any woman he knows, naturally, but it might be begrudgingly in case of the women at the bottom of the ladder. Also you have a biological imperative to dump whoever you're seeing if you have the option of being with someone higher up the ladder (i.e. hotter). Guys who subscribe to ladder theory would be total douches if they ever actually got laid.

Ladies though, oh boy, ladies have two ladders! There's the gently caress ladder, which is the same as a dude's and runs the gamut from Chad Thundercock at the top to that weird frog-faced dude who still gets inexplicably more action than you at the bottom. Women will also dump anyone for a jump at Chad Thundercock and that's bitchy and whorey of course, but that isn't even the worst part.

There's also a friend ladder which contains guys she will never, ever sleep with. Men don't have one of those since they are interested in sleeping with any woman in their social circle at all times, naturally. If a guy is on the friend ladder there's no way off, no matter how many kindness coins he invests in a lady. I'm a bit spotty on the mechanics of how one is placed on the ladder, but it seems to be either something that happens naturally if you spend too much time being nice to a women instead of a douche, or something that happens within the first five minutes of interaction if you use the wrong pick-up line. Either way, the reason she won't have sex with you is due to a fundamental flaw in the female psyche, rather than any personal fault of yours.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Even if they cleaned up and got into great shape, the potential fallout of bitterness at getting more female attention is pretty high if they never sort out their mental hang ups and misunderstandings about women and attraction.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That's because a lot of them are like dogs chasing cars-- they wouldn't know what to do with a woman if one was actually interested. I'm willing to bet many of them actually had a woman interested and they either acted disgusted because she wasn't up to their crazy standards or they got terrified and ran.

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
A severely depressed, long-time unemployed acquaintance of mine with hobbies as varied as Reading Reddit and Chatting on IRC who rarely went out and when he did he was so drunk he would at some point either start slapping his more successful friends and even totally random passers-by in the face (and get his rear end beaten) or aggressively pursuing women to the point of harassment (and get thrown in the drunk tank). Somehow, even though he acknowledged that he was an extremely broken and lovely person, he was really adamant that he was entitled to a supermodel girlfriend and all his shortcomings were due to not getting laid. And that he wasn't getting laid was due to lack of money because that's the only thing women wanted from a man. He backed up his opinion with a photo of "ugly geezer" Salman Rushdie with his hot-rear end wife but conveniently disregarded all his broke-rear end, weird-looking friends who got laid by the virtue of being fun guys to hang out with. The last time I heard of him before I stopped IRCing, he was obsessed with trying to get himself in a swingers/fetish club so that he would finally get that magical cure-all pussy.

It's cognitive dissonance all the way down with these guys.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

crackton posted:

some content for the thread after all my shitposting:

The mental gymnastics and self denial that these people take is oustanding: "How dare someone suggest I try to lose weight, or learn what these normies refer to as "social skills". That would take like a bajillion years, and besides there's nothing wrong with me, my mother says I'm perfect!"

edit: moist hole

this fucks me right off, on two levels.

One, as a woman who, as a 22 year old was an overweight sad-sack loser with low self esteem who had never had a proper boyfriend- I certainly didn't have men dropping their pants at me every day and offering me sex. I'm pretty certain at one point I was fixed on becoming some sort of WGTOW. Thankfully this was 2002 so the movement wasn't even a thing and thank gently caress for that- I'm sure I would have found some horrible, enabling equivalent to retreat into had the internet back then been the way it is now.

Two, that same year I had a moment of clarity and realised the only way things were gonna change is was if I worked on myself and I proceeded to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time. Funnily enough, losing the weight made me happier, and a nicer person to be around generally coz I wasn't moaning about how disgusting I was or how shallow men were for not seeing beyond my lardy and lethargic arse. I managed to get a boyfriend that same year, much to my confusion, as I still felt like I was a hideous hambeast.

It's like these people don't want to change. it's really sad in a way- it's hard to accept that you might be the problem.

The thing is too - people they consider 'normies' like me (except I'm a woman so it wouldn't count anyway) might have at one point been on their side of the fence and be able to give real and valuable advice....but NOOOOOO they obviously don't UNDERSTAND how hard it is!!!!!!!

No you sad-brained fucker, I've been there, I get it. And it does take work to get out.

The internet is such a strange and terrible invention. I'm having a kid in 8 weeks or so, a boy, and I really hope that he doesn't fall into one of these horrible holes that the internet has opened up in the last 10 years or so.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

mind the walrus posted:

"Normie" isn't nearly as much of a slur as they think it is

I'd expect that sort of prejudiced view from a neurotypical :argh:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'd expect that sort of prejudiced view from a neurotypical :argh:

This is funny to me on two levels. :3:

Rondette posted:

The internet is such a strange and terrible invention. I'm having a kid in 8 weeks or so, a boy, and I really hope that he doesn't fall into one of these horrible holes that the internet has opened up in the last 10 years or so.

If you're willing to be straight with your son about what it takes to not be a garbage person, without making work and socializing sound like the scariest, most painful things in the world he'll avoid 75% of the common pitfalls right off the bat.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Sep 7, 2016

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747

Kajeesus posted:

gently caress ladder

You really think there's zero chance of jumping ladders? You get your poo poo together, get in shape, ect. Girls get so jealous. If she sees you getting attention from hotter girls she could jump.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

punk rebel ecks posted:

it means you want to have sex but aren't having sex.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Groovelord Neato posted:

it means you want to have sex but aren't having sex.

Those two words keep making me think of cenobites, and then I start thinking of a dark fraternity of wannabe dude-bros.

"No tears, please. It's a waste of your manlyness."

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

LOL that he thinks a woman is attractive with zero effort but if he wants to improve his own body it'll take several years of working out.

I wonder what the mental diagnosis is for people who think everyone else but themselves has it easy. There has to be some term for it besides whiny bitch.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Self-centered; self-absorbed; narcissistic; histrionic; self-obsessed; delusional; paranoid; psychotic; manic; arrogant; pompous; indolent

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the best is that incel guy that's like 21. i've known hot people that didn't lose it until then. my very attractive and normal friend didn't even have her first real ltr until she was 25 or 26.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
hell, i didnt lose my virginity until after i had passed the ritual journey of sacrifice and endurance, and that was a 46 year old slog through the jungles of Sugminkukdittfanskap....

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Edit: whoops

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 7, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

The Mentalizer posted:

[video][/video]

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Killing that radio star

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

green chicken feet posted:

LOL that he thinks a woman is attractive with zero effort but if he wants to improve his own body it'll take several years of working out.

I wonder what the mental diagnosis is for people who think everyone else but themselves has it easy. There has to be some term for it besides whiny bitch.

I also bet that the poster wouldn't have sex with any woman, I mean they are all attractive with 0 effort.

Incels are not incel they are truecel they don't want to "work" for a "moist hole". The other thing that's not doing them any favors is relationships are a bit more than just loving, it's like sharing a life with someone and maybe with someone that makes you want to better yourself.

Christ these people are idiots.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

Self-centered; self-absorbed; narcissistic; histrionic; self-obsessed; delusional; paranoid; psychotic; manic; arrogant; pompous; indolent

A combination of several of these would work.

Although this raises another question. These guys are so out of touch with reality, they probably would qualify as delusional, but are they necessarily mentally-ill or are some of them just overgrown brats who can't handle anything that isn't handed to them on a silver platter? I don't think being spoiled turns someone insane, although it can appear that way.

I get the feeling their parents gave them everything - except the facts about how life works for ordinary people who aren't billionaires, supermodels, or celebrities. These guys have the kind of attitude I'd expect from royalty, who think they deserve something for nothing because they're inherently better than everyone else in their own opinion.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

tater_salad posted:

I also bet that the poster wouldn't have sex with any woman, I mean they are all attractive with 0 effort.

Incels are not incel they are truecel they don't want to "work" for a "moist hole". The other thing that's not doing them any favors is relationships are a bit more than just loving, it's like sharing a life with someone and maybe with someone that makes you want to better yourself.

Christ these people are idiots.

Yeah, it's the sour grapes thing. They don't want to put in effort, so they devalue women and relationships to a level they could achieve with an inanimate object.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Although this raises another question. These guys are so out of touch with reality, they probably would qualify as delusional, but are they necessarily mentally-ill or are some of them just overgrown brats who can't handle anything that isn't handed to them on a silver platter? I don't think being spoiled turns someone insane, although it can appear that way.

Almost always a combination of both, I'd say. One exacerbates the other exacerbates the other, and while you can play "chicken or the egg" I think the key difference lies in your second part:

quote:

I get the feeling their parents gave them everything - except the facts about how life works for ordinary people who aren't billionaires, supermodels, or celebrities. These guys have the kind of attitude I'd expect from royalty, who think they deserve something for nothing because they're inherently better than everyone else in their own opinion.

Poor rearing is almost always the deciding factor.

I think it's symptomatic of a larger issue in society. From my armchair it looks like a combination of parents that are away at their jobs too often, received poor rearing from their parents who suffered the same, and a lack of general capability intellectually, emotionally, and in the case of many parents physically. This cultivates a laissez faire attitude towards development with poor communication and a heretofore unprecedented level of creature comforts-- for the past 50 years it's become entirely possible for someone to spend almost their entire childhoods and adolescence hiding out from the world. There were always bookworms and recluses, but they tended to be more extreme and the simple gravity of boredom would pull most people out and into interacting with the world. So you get a whole lot of man-boys who were never given harsh truths from their guiding figures--who themselves likely didn't get much from their guiding figures. They were never given the harsh truths about work, pain, rejection, the inherent lack of justice for everyone, discipline, and fortitude; and if they were it was almost certainly in a scary, overbearing way.

Now couple that with an innate mental illness....

Hello incel. Would you like to not get laid?

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Calico Heart posted:

Steve Buscemi is definitely a 1 you mad motherfuckers

EDIT: He is a cool dude who dresses well but he is still a frog man

https://youtu.be/7f6qGyeIWFQ

You ever see a frog kid before?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

If you can imagine someone halfway between danny devito and steve buscemi, you'd had a perfect frog man

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

These guys are so out of touch with reality, they probably would qualify as delusional, but are they necessarily mentally-ill or are some of them just overgrown brats who can't handle anything that isn't handed to them on a silver platter?

This is a good question, and the answer is: probably both? Most of these screes tend to hit at least one or two points that everyone can identify with (the struggle to find a partner and social acceptance), and someone in a vulnerable mindset (already wrestling with mental illness, for example) is more likely to be pulled in and adopt the unrealistic expectations of entitled whiners.

Much of their rhetoric strikes me as misinterpretation of their own defense mechanisms (self isolation, fear of change, extreme "us vs them" mentality, etc) as points of honor, rather than obstacles to their goals. Those with mental illness likely find it safer to interpret these as unique positives, rather than issues they must face to become more content, well rounded people.

:shrug: as someone who struggles with many of these issues it's sad to see so many people just give up.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

mind the walrus posted:

Almost always a combination of both, I'd say. One exacerbates the other exacerbates the other, and while you can play "chicken or the egg" I think the key difference lies in your second part:

Poor rearing is almost always the deciding factor.

I think it's symptomatic of a larger issue in society. From my armchair it looks like a combination of parents that are away at their jobs too often, received poor rearing from their parents who suffered the same, and a lack of general capability intellectually, emotionally, and in the case of many parents physically. This cultivates a laissez faire attitude towards development with poor communication and a heretofore unprecedented level of creature comforts-- for the past 50 years it's become entirely possible for someone to spend almost their entire childhoods and adolescence hiding out from the world. There were always bookworms and recluses, but they tended to be more extreme and the simple gravity of boredom would pull most people out and into interacting with the world. So you get a whole lot of man-boys who were never given harsh truths from their guiding figures--who themselves likely didn't get much from their guiding figures. They were never given the harsh truths about work, pain, rejection, the inherent lack of justice for everyone, discipline, and fortitude; and if they were it was almost certainly in a scary, overbearing way.

Now couple that with an innate mental illness....

Hello incel. Would you like to not get laid?

Lol what?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
After reading this thread I have decided to become gay.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

I think its because theyre ugly retards personally. I call it the stupid and ugly theory

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Kajeesus posted:

There's also a friend ladder which contains guys she will never, ever sleep with. Men don't have one of those since they are interested in sleeping with any woman in their social circle at all times, naturally. If a guy is on the friend ladder there's no way off, no matter how many kindness coins he invests in a lady. I'm a bit spotty on the mechanics of how one is placed on the ladder, but it seems to be either something that happens naturally if you spend too much time being nice to a women instead of a douche, or something that happens within the first five minutes of interaction if you use the wrong pick-up line. Either way, the reason she won't have sex with you is due to a fundamental flaw in the female psyche, rather than any personal fault of yours.

Yomofo posted:

You really think there's zero chance of jumping ladders? You get your poo poo together, get in shape, ect. Girls get so jealous. If she sees you getting attention from hotter girls she could jump.

:eng101: Yeah, the ladders aren't "unjumpable" at all. You see here's how it works:

You are correct about the two ladders. The ladders are a distance apart and hover over a void, where poor souls live in a purgatory of being both unfuckable and unfriendable. What happens if you want to "jump ladders" in such a situation in real life? You will fall a bit, of course, because gravity exists, but if you're sufficiently high enough you will still be able to reach the other ladder before hitting the void. It's simple kinematics you see!

Similarly, when jumping from Friend Ladder to gently caress Ladder, you need to make sure you're high enough in her Friend Rankings (it's a thing all women have, whether they realize it or not; here represented by the rungs of the ladder). If you're not high enough in the pecking order, you will fall into the void. You will lose your friendship and lose the opportunity to pork your pal. If you're high enough, you can make the jump to the gently caress Ladder and finally get to have sex with her! Congratulations, you made the successful jump!

NOTE: Remember the kinematics lesson? It applies here too. When you make the jump, you will always wind up at a lower relative rank on the gently caress Ladder than you were on the Friend Ladder. Even top-tier friend will wind up low-average in the gently caress Rankings at best. You need to put the effort into climbing that ladder to position of Dick Prime if you want regular access to that sweet 'tang.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
What I find really sad/funny are the guys who claim to be trapped in the "friend zone" when they're clearly in the "oh god, it's him again, maybe if we're nice he won't murder us when he shoots up the school" zone.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I live down in the Abyss, where the light does not shine and I do not gently caress.

Slokir
Mar 18, 2012
Where the fertile, female human organisms at?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

gigawhite posted:

I live down in the Abyss, where the light does not shine and I do not gently caress.

My post is being forwarded to the abyss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
so much braindamage

critical brainproblems

• Locked thread