Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

No interest in the Bee Movie Podcast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil Mastermind posted:

we just fear the drama that will come when Steve brings a wasp

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Evil Mastermind posted:

only if Sean Bee-n makes an appearance

JackBobby
Feb 26, 2016

Do we have a new episode dropping tonight? Really hoping for some fresh WHM to make my hungover transition back into the work week palatable.

Also pretty psyched that the Spooktacular is going to be starting up pretty soon. I love fall and Halloween especially. Over the past few years I've really come to associate WHM (and that rad seasonal theme music) with that time of year.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

New Damnation is up for patrons. This one is blue as gently caress, jesus christ Eric.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I loved that it began with "we're gonna go a little more blue now that it's on patreon" and halfway in it's "TOO MUCH, TOO MUCH"

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Eric's "she's down on her luck" line just about had me doubled over. They weren't kidding about going blue.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
This weeks movie is amazing spiderman 2, holy poo poo! I'm so excited right now!

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

JT Smiley posted:

This weeks movie is amazing spiderman 2, holy poo poo! I'm so excited right now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM4yF0IUMP0

I am so ready.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

JackBobby posted:

Also pretty psyched that the Spooktacular is going to be starting up pretty soon. I love fall and Halloween especially. Over the past few years I've really come to associate WHM (and that rad seasonal theme music) with that time of year.

Same. Halloween is the most wonderful time of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FMf8ltkCgM

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
fall/halloween is the best season anyway, but the fact that it involves WHM's spooktacular is just whipped cream on the sweet potato pie.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The fact that they are riffing on the Amazing Spider-Man 2 (one of the worst loving movies I have ever seen), makes me so happy.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Where did the Alex Jones goblin stuff start? Animation Damnation for Ghostbusters or something? I remember cracking up the firs time I heard it, and was delighted to hear it return.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Are they doing a worst of 2016 do you think? Wonder what they have to say about F4nt4stic Four

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Are they doing a worst of 2016 do you think? Wonder what they have to say about F4nt4stic Four

That came out in 2015.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Violator posted:

Where did the Alex Jones goblin stuff start? Animation Damnation for Ghostbusters or something? I remember cracking up the firs time I heard it, and was delighted to hear it return.

I also want to know this because I was dying and didn't know why.

Like I dunno what the origin of "Catch 'im in BED with a goblin!" is but I died every time. I was wonderfully confused.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

TetsuoTW posted:

That came out in 2015.
For Josh Trank, it comes out every year

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Great episode and totally worth ignoring the ten year rule over.

The Ref is actually a good movie though.

enigmahfc posted:

The fact that they are riffing on the Amazing Spider-Man 2 (one of the worst loving movies I have ever seen), makes me so happy.

I remember when it came out there were some apologists who defended it on the grounds that it was colorful campy fun*, but like they said it's put together so poorly and is so obviously a coldly calculated marketing product that it's just joyless.

*Just like the Batman and Robin apologism that started showing up online in the past few years, which makes me excited about the upcoming live show on it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Why did they choose to ignore the rule this week?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Batman and Robin is a really bad movie that's actually fin to watch because it is bad, at least to me. It tries to be fun and campy, but just ends up being dumb and weird and pointless but somewhat entertaining in a "can you believe they actually filmed this poo poo?" kind of way.

A friend dragged me to see it in theaters, and I give him poo poo about it to this day.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Why did they choose to ignore the rule this week?

Because they can and have you seen those guys? They are not very good at sticking to commitments.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I am not complaining. They usually just have a good reason for doing so and I was wondering what prompted it.

Violator
May 15, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I also want to know this because I was dying and didn't know why.

Like I dunno what the origin of "Catch 'im in BED with a goblin!" is but I died every time. I was wonderfully confused.

Gave it a listen while working and they do mention it in the Ghostbusters Animation Damnation episode, but it's not a very big riff. I thought they had an extended bit about it at one point.

Also found this:

http://gawker.com/alex-jones-is-very-worried-about-donald-trump-loving-1782790861

Good lord, I didn't realize they were direct quotes. :stare:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
so I'm smokin a joint with an electric outlet...

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Violator posted:

Gave it a listen while working and they do mention it in the Ghostbusters Animation Damnation episode, but it's not a very big riff. I thought they had an extended bit about it at one point.

Also found this:

http://gawker.com/alex-jones-is-very-worried-about-donald-trump-loving-1782790861

Good God :laffo:

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Violator posted:

Also found this:

Amazing, I thought it was just a reference to Jones calling someone a Goblin and spun from their. But drat.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I love that last "season" on WHM we had awesome running gags like Keanu's roommate Brian, Gallagher saying he can play different roles, etc. Hoping for WHM Season 7 we get further appearances of Joint Smokin Stan Lee and Poltergeist house woman.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Violator posted:

Also found this:

Wow, I was just coming into the thread to ask what that whole bit was all about. I did not expect...whatever that was. :stare:

Also, I always love it when they do comic book movies and take Stan to task for taking all the credit for...well, everything.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Poltergeist exorcist woman need to stay around, child.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Cael posted:

I love that last "season" on WHM we had awesome running gags like Keanu's roommate Brian, Gallagher saying he can play different roles, etc. Hoping for WHM Season 7 we get further appearances of Joint Smokin Stan Lee and Poltergeist house woman.

You can get a lot more of that in their episode on Teen Witch, child.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Cael posted:

Still need more Louie Anderson Plays Every Role in my life.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

BexGu posted:

Still need more Louie Anderson Plays Every Role in my life.

On Blame It On Outer Space they have a handful of gimmick episodes where somebody will be in-character as Wilford Brimley or Jesses Ventura or whoever for the entire episode, it might be a bit much for an entire episode of WHM but who knows.

JackBobby
Feb 26, 2016

Wasn't podcast impressionist heavy weight James Adomian on an episode of BIOOS doing his classic Ventura? Probably the closest we'll get to a WHM - CBB crossover.

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
Christ the unsolved mysteries bit had me rolling in The Wizard episode. "If you have any information on the poo poo demon, or the btk killer please call..." Eric is the best.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MisterFister posted:

Christ the unsolved mysteries bit had me rolling in The Wizard episode. "If you have any information on the poo poo demon, or the btk killer please call..." Eric is the best.

Wasn't that also the one where they said one of the terms like 'simpleton' or something was 'retired with Magic Johnson's jersey' and they all lost their poo poo riffing on it?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The only way Willem Dafoe would look more evil is if he he had stink lines radiating from him.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Eric's impression of Alex Jones is totally on point.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Guy Mann posted:

Same. Halloween is the most wonderful time of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FMf8ltkCgM

They 100% need to do Worst Witch. I keep forgetting to submit it for the listener's choice month.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I watched The Worst Witch last night, coincidentally! It's a breezy seventy minutes, and actually a lot of fun outside of just being laughable. It's so unbelievably campy, you can tell everyone was having the best time while making it :)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The only thing worse than having to pay money to watch a crappy movie for school or work has to be paying money to watch the wrong crappy movie. How burnt were Andrew's tits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What ones have Stan Lee in them? I just know the X-Men 3 one and another one before that.