Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Previously on Arrow...

Actually no, let's put some effort in this time.

My name is Oliver Queen, I was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the North China Sea. I returned home to Star City, bent on righting the wrongs done by my family and fighting injustice.

As the Green Arrow, I protect my city with the help of former soldier John Diggle,

computer-science expert Felicity Smoak,

my vigilante-trained sister Thea Queen,

former police captain Quentin Lance,

and brilliant inventor Curtis Holt.

But sinister players with a connection to my past will push the team to our breaking points, threatening everything I've worked for and my legacy as the Green Arrow. I'll have to become someone else. I'll have to become something else. I'll have to become mayor!

Wait, John Barrowman, how did you get in this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Who's the season villain this time?

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
The writer's room?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

mind the walrus posted:

Ollicity.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
We the viewers.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

mind the walrus posted:

The dread Guggenheim and his foul organic storytelling.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Voted 5 just because of that title.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

All of it.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I love this awful show, and I don't care who knows it. Bring on the cheese, Uncle Guggs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That OP though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thing I want from this season: less Felicity subplots. It really got out of hand last season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Less Felicity overall wouldn't be so terrible. I like her but they really overdid it last year.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was just annoyed with how the Palmertech subplot somehow ended with her being fired from owning the company. Like, okay, they can make it so she isn't CEO but they can't take away the fact she owns the majority of the stock.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

I was just annoyed with how the Palmertech subplot somehow ended with her being fired from owning the company. Like, okay, they can make it so she isn't CEO but they can't take away the fact she owns the majority of the stock.

None of the writers on Arrow (or any CW series) know a single thing about how anything in the real world works. This includes business, physics, police procedure and interpersonal relationships.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Thing I want from this season: less Felicity subplots. It really got out of hand last season.

Resurrect Laurel and kill off Felicity.

We've got this Flashpoint just sitting around, we could make it happen.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I want Thea to address this season is how Felicity basically stole her apartment. Because it went from Thea buying a place for her and Oliver to live, Oliver moves out of town to live with Felicity, they move back into town and Thea moves out so Oliver and Felicity can have their own place, Oliver moves out because Felicity breaks up with him and now Felicity is living in Thea's apartment on her own.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
This season is going to be horrible I am going to watch every episode.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
The Deathstroke to be in the DC film universe reveal pretty much fucks Arrow out of ever being cool again.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dead Snoopy posted:

The Deathstroke to be in the DC film universe reveal pretty much fucks Arrow out of ever being cool again.

Actually Manu Bennett did that himself after he got pissed about his season 3 appearance.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bring back Sara Lance.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Elentor posted:

Bring back Sara Lance.

She has her own show now.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I'm hoping for some more soap opera caliber scenes between Felicity's mother and Detective Lance. Him doing that "almost-richard-nixon-sometimes" voice is great in overly dramatic scenes.

"Awww baby, nah nah nah"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

adhuin posted:

We the viewers.

Again?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Is this where we share our favorite parts of Arrow? Here's mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1KpEr11otU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Kaizoku posted:

Is this where we share our favorite parts of Arrow? Here's mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1KpEr11otU

I know right, I love that anticipation, what will happen next week? Please hurry up the 6 days and 23 hours until I can watch one more episode!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

That OP though.

Concur. Solid effort.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Proposition Joe posted:

This season is going to be horrible I am going to watch every episode.

no don't you'll just encourage them

noooooooooooo

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I'll keep watching this. Even when it is terrible it is entertaining terrible.

Also I must see the end of that wig.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I want to clarify that I will not necessarily be hate-watching this show. I am hopeful that this show will be good this season. It's not likely, but I can dream.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

FELD1 posted:

I want to clarify that I will not necessarily be hate-watching this show. I am hopeful that this show will be good this season. It's not likely, but I can dream.

I really enjoyed Season 4 for the most part. Real big step up after Season 3, but I hated the stupid poo poo with Olicity and I hated the goddamn giant domed underground city. What the gently caress, I don't care how dastardly and smart you are there is no way something that loving big gets built without people knowing.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

One thing I want Thea to address this season is how Felicity basically stole her apartment. Because it went from Thea buying a place for her and Oliver to live, Oliver moves out of town to live with Felicity, they move back into town and Thea moves out so Oliver and Felicity can have their own place, Oliver moves out because Felicity breaks up with him and now Felicity is living in Thea's apartment on her own.

It's kind of like the Friends-universe New York that way.

Scyantific posted:

Actually Manu Bennett did that himself after he got pissed about his season 3 appearance.

Well his season 3 appearance was poo poo so I don't blame him.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm hi hoping the nukes get flashpointed away.

Along with the memories of the rooftop nuke hack.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Scyantific posted:

Hah what's the story behind this one? Any links?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Duke Chin posted:

Hah what's the story behind this one? Any links?

Here's the original article

Basically, he was pretty unhappy with the way they handled him in season 3, especially since season 2 was drat good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Manu Bennett is kind of known for being crazy too. He's been upset since the end of season 2 that he lost to the Arrow, on the TV show Arrow.

(Also the Deathstroke he likes is the lovely Identity Crisis era one that everyone else hates.)

In other news, Katie Cassidy said she's in the premiere. Though that doesn't tell us much, since it can either be a flashback to what she made Oliver promise, some other flashback, or Flashpoint. There will be flashing in any case I guess.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I really hope Flash Point fixes all the mistakes they've made with this show the past couple of years but that's hoping for too much. I still enjoy it but I wish it could get back to late season 1/season 2 levels of awesome.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I saw Manu Bennet at the SF Comic Con this Saturday. Was pretty fun, he was a last minute replacement for Kristen Ritter. He lead the group in a maori war dance and at the end he sang a Coldplay song on a piano.

The one thing that really stood out was his hatred of DC executives and the shafting he got with TV Deathstroke. The guy knew his stuff about comic Deathstroke and he explained how he really tried to bring that level of ambigious reserve to his character but the CW writers kept loving up his dialog. He mentioned how Moira's death was the point he felt the character was gone. "So, I'm a lady killer now" he said several times about the episode.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

My guess is that there is a next to zero chance you see much of any Flashpoint on Arrow. For starters I'm sure there are some people who only watch Arrow, so they'd be completely lost. And more generally, having the show's plot shaped by events that occur completely outside the show would be...weird. They aren't going to Fringe S4 their entire lineup.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

howe_sam posted:

My guess is that there is a next to zero chance you see much of any Flashpoint on Arrow. For starters I'm sure there are some people who only watch Arrow, so they'd be completely lost. And more generally, having the show's plot shaped by events that occur completely outside the show would be...weird. They aren't going to Fringe S4 their entire lineup.
Yeah I have to say this is gonna be the case unless they want to write, direct, and produce a prelude set of episodes so they can do that. They won't. Pretty sure Arrow is just gonna keep chugging along crossovers notwithstanding and Flashpoint is really just a cheap stunt for the first 2-3 episodes of the Flash anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Burning_Monk posted:

I saw Manu Bennet at the SF Comic Con this Saturday. Was pretty fun, he was a last minute replacement for Kristen Ritter. He lead the group in a maori war dance and at the end he sang a Coldplay song on a piano.

The one thing that really stood out was his hatred of DC executives and the shafting he got with TV Deathstroke. The guy knew his stuff about comic Deathstroke and he explained how he really tried to bring that level of ambigious reserve to his character but the CW writers kept loving up his dialog. He mentioned how Moira's death was the point he felt the character was gone. "So, I'm a lady killer now" he said several times about the episode.

Honestly, I met that guy live when they were wrapping Arrow and he has a bit of a reason to be sore. They could have easily made better use of him as reoccurring character post-S02 but they threw all their love in the Barrowman/Malcom Merlin bucket and froze him out.

• Locked thread