Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

I love John Barrowman as like a person, but he is a loving awful actor. Any scene he is in he always look like he just delivered a 1930s newspaper quip about sports or some dumbshit.

Also, he looks like a more handsome Elon Musk to the point that whenever I see Elon Musk I think was John Barrowman in some sort of accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hollismason posted:

Also, he looks like a more handsome Elon Musk to the point that whenever I see Elon Musk I think was John Barrowman in some sort of accident.

Holy poo poo.

:psyduck:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WvBBG1vmwM&t=207s From the gag reel, that is a million times better than how that went in the actual episode.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dead Snoopy posted:

Honestly, I met that guy live when they were wrapping Arrow and he has a bit of a reason to be sore. They could have easily made better use of him as reoccurring character post-S02 but they threw all their love in the Barrowman/Malcom Merlin bucket and froze him out.

They probably did it because he got another show.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Burning_Monk posted:

The one thing that really stood out was his hatred of DC executives and the shafting he got with TV Deathstroke. The guy knew his stuff about comic Deathstroke and he explained how he really tried to bring that level of ambigious reserve to his character but the CW writers kept loving up his dialog. He mentioned how Moira's death was the point he felt the character was gone. "So, I'm a lady killer now" he said several times about the episode.
Someone's been feeding this guy some...selective...ideas about comic book Deathstroke. Killing Moira wouldn't even be a blip on the rader for notorious DC Comics fuckdouche Slade Wilson.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WvBBG1vmwM&t=207s From the gag reel, that is a million times better than how that went in the actual episode.

It's been removed

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Holy poo poo.

:psyduck:

:allbuttons:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

It's been removed

Well poop, it was Felicity standing up from the wheelchair then blipping out of the room in a puff of smoke Road Runner style

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Didn't see this mentioned yet but Stephen Amell says he wants to try and be on American Ninja Warrior. Apparently only two people have completed the entire course.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
This season will make for much easier viewing now that we no longer need to worry about whether they can fix the show.

I'm betting Thea dies midseason, Lance dies in the spring premiere and Diggle dies in episode 21 so the writers can fulfill their fantasy of putting Felicity and Oliver relationship drama front and center for 41 minutes in every episode of season 6.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this? posted:

Didn't see this mentioned yet but Stephen Amell says he wants to try and be on American Ninja Warrior. Apparently only two people have completed the entire course.

He's can't incase he gets hurt.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

He's can't incase he gets hurt.

Yeah, he was actually invited 2 years ago but it was during production so he couldn't.

It would probably have to be a tie-in promotion for the show for them to allow it since there's an injury risk, and ANW is on NBC so there's little chance of that.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Jessie Gaff(Supergirl stunt person) has been killing it on ANW. It's fun to watch and shes great at it

omg chael crash fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 9, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

omg chael crash posted:

Jessie Gaff(Supergirl stunt person) as been killing it on ANW. It's fun to watch and shes great at it

God drat it, I read that quickly and thought you said she had BEEN KILLED on ANW.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Oh my Jesus

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Hollismason posted:

This is an incredible observation.

And they were both last season!
I think he could certainly do well, judging by the training videos he occasionally posts on Facebook and how much he rocks the Salmon Ladder (which originated on the Sasuke / Japanese Ninja Warrior).

omg chael crash posted:

Jessie Graff(Supergirl stunt person) has been killing it on ANW. It's fun to watch and shes great at it

She's dreamy :h:

raditts fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 9, 2016

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

TyrantWD posted:

This season will make for much easier viewing now that we no longer need to worry about whether they can fix the show.

I'm betting Thea dies midseason, Lance dies in the spring premiere and Diggle dies in episode 21 so the writers can fulfill their fantasy of putting Felicity and Oliver relationship drama front and center for 41 minutes in every episode of season 6.

I know you're joking but they need to make a decision on Oliver and Felicity. Either they are together or not because trying to play this down the middle is hurting the show.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I hope they kill Felicity in the musical episode.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

bentacos posted:

I hope they kill Felicity in the musical episode.

One more reason to back a dump truck full of money up to Joss Whedon's house.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Like the Arrow writers are the least bit shy about shanking their own characters.

Just...not the right ones...

:negative:

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

One more reason to back a dump truck full of money up to Joss Whedon's house.

Well, okay. I didn't realize how much I wanted him to write it until now. Toss in a Doctor Horrible cameo and we got ourselves a bunch a singing super heroes (and villains)!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

cool kids inc. posted:

Well, okay. I didn't realize how much I wanted him to write it until now. Toss in a Doctor Horrible cameo and we got ourselves a bunch a singing super heroes (and villains)!

Or NPH could reprise his role as the Music Meister.

If not Whedon, I would love to see them bring in self-proclaimed nerd and MacArthur-certified genius Lin-Manuel Miranda.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I thought the musical episode was Flash/Supergirl. Is it a three-way crossover?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Jack of Hearts posted:

I wanna see a threeway between Arrow Flash and Supergirl.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

when does this garbage season start?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Jack of Hearts posted:

Just Flash/Supergirl, with Barrowman and Garber added because why would you leave them out of a musical? Though it would be kind of rad to see everyone around Ollie burst into song and he just grumps at them.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Elon Musk looks like a less attractive John Barrowman. My point stands. Like if Barrowman was in a car accident or a fire and had to get facial reconstructive surgery.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

cool kids inc. posted:

If you're going to bring NPH in, make him reprise his role as the Music Meister.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

If not Whedon, I would love to see them bring in self-proclaimed nerd and MacArthur-certified genius Lin-Manuel Miranda.

About that:

quote:

IndieWire: How far along is the “Supergirl”/”The Flash” musical crossover?

Bertlanti: ... next week we’ll have to start talking about clearing music. I have a few ideas for tone and style in my head but we’re just starting to talk about what that can be. I do want to try and get an original piece of music written. As we make a deal on that we’ll probably make some announcements on the original songs.

IndieWire: Perhaps written by, I don’t know, Lin-Manuel Miranda?

Berlanti: (laughs) I would say, pretty close. I can’t say yet because we don’t have a deal yet, but I did speak to someone we’re really excited about. There are some writers I’m incredibly excited to work with.
Soooo, maybe?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
That would redeem everything these shows have ever gotten wrong, in my eyes.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Make it all original songs

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

Make it all original songs

I would greatly prefer all original songs, but I wouldn't hold it against them if they use Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now" or XTC's "You're Really Super, Supergirl."

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now"

Really? When discussing a Flash musical episode THAT is the Queen song that comes to mind first? Really?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well you can't use the one about Flash being a savior.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

He'll kill every one of us!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Ahaaaaaah

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's a kind of neat thing that Stephen Amell posted on Facebook.

Its the call sheet for the very first day of filming for the show.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Back when Oliver was a stone cold badass and snapped fools necks just to keep a secret. God I miss that show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's also the best scene in the pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Here's a kind of neat thing that Stephen Amell posted on Facebook.

Its the call sheet for the very first day of filming for the show.
Wow, just on an Arrow-unrelated note, that's got to be a full-time job just writing up those call sheet pages, right? That's got so much info on it, it's making me sweat thinking if I was responsible for managing that.

• Locked thread