Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

RBX posted:

Nothing in NC, we always get the shaft

There's two showings in Hickory. Wish somewhere local had it, but what the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Goddamnit,no showtimes in Calgary. I am a sad. :(

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Jesus, relax everybody: http://www.scified.com/news/us-theaters-booking-shin-godzilla-for-october

quote:

UPDATE (08/30/2016):
"Insider sources" claim Funimation will make their official announcement September 9th with up to 3 times as many theaters currently listed by Astounding Beyond Belief. We'll see if this proves to be true a week from this Friday or if they decide to bump up the announcement.

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013
We still have yet to hear from Funimation about the release. """Inside sources""" say they'll say something September 9th. I wouldn't put too much stock in the Fandango info.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
At least you guys are getting some kind of release, there's still nothing announced for here in Australia

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Detective No. 27 posted:

One showing in Surprise, which isn't too far from Phoenix. Just stupidly in the middle of nowhere.

Oh cool, the lovely loving theatre by my house is playing it? loving nice. Usually I have to haul to Valley Art for anything cool.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

At least you guys are getting some kind of release, there's still nothing announced for here in Australia

I'd be super surprised if Madman didn't already have a deal or is working on one.

Barto
Dec 27, 2004
Saw it in Taipei a few weeks ago---very good!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

https://twitter.com/drafthouse/status/771025164121145344

I got the Drafthouse to confirm they'll have showings. They usually have tickets for that sort of showing up around a month prior to the dates. So couple weeks tops before they show up in the Alamo box office I'd suspect.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's an Asian film fest in Brisbane later in the year so I'm holding out hope for that

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013
http://www.funimationfilms.com/movie/shingodzilla/

440 theaters across the US and Canada. Tickets on sale through Funimation beginning September 9th.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Pyswagoras posted:

440 theaters across the US and Canada. Tickets on sale through Funimation beginning September 9th.

where does it say anything about the theaters? I see nothing on the site that mentions that? Is it in Flash or something stupid like that?

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

where does it say anything about the theaters? I see nothing on the site that mentions that? Is it in Flash or something stupid like that?

No, for some dumb reason they don't actually list the participating theaters.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Fandango has listed a bunch more theaters now with advance ticket sales. One of my local theaters is now on the list!!!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't even see the one in Surprise, AZ any more. Just lists one in California 200 miles away. :argh:

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

I just checked Fandango and it's playing at a theater that's about ten minutes from my house. I told my five year old Godzilla nut and he literally hopped up and down. :)

And then I had to break it to him that he's not going to be able to know what the characters were saying because he can't read the subtitles. But he says he's still good to go.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This looks like it might be a wee bit horrifying for a little kid, but I dunno.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Maxwell Lord posted:

This looks like it might be a wee bit horrifying for a little kid, but I dunno.

Is it substantially more horrifying than any other Godzilla movies? He had no trouble with 2014 or half a dozen or more of the older ones. He's seen all of the trailers and was giddy about them. Loves Pacific Rim too.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009
Something's been bugging me lately, and I thought this thread might be the place to ask. I'm looking for a song about Godzilla that I think was performed on television during a comedy show like SNL. In it, Godzilla has kind of a midlife crisis and keeps saying it's been a hell of a year. It's old, perhaps from the 80's, and for some reason I keep thinking Bill Murray was involved somehow (though that probably isn't the case). I also think the last line was about an affair with an inguana, if I remember correctly.

I've been trying like crazy to find this song, because it's been driving me up the walls. I think I might have seen it first in the 2014 Godzilla thread around here, so I was wondering if some other goon might recognize what I'm talking about here.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Pyswagoras posted:

Iowa gets a showing, but no Minneapolis :negative:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Sobatchja Morda posted:

I've been trying like crazy to find this song, because it's been driving me up the walls. I think I might have seen it first in the 2014 Godzilla thread around here, so I was wondering if some other goon might recognize what I'm talking about here.

You're thinking of the Foremen's "Godzilla Has a Midlife Crisis". They're a comedy folk song group, and they're pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHfp75gmr7Q

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Is it substantially more horrifying than any other Godzilla movies? He had no trouble with 2014 or half a dozen or more of the older ones. He's seen all of the trailers and was giddy about them. Loves Pacific Rim too.

From what I've seen if he can handle the trailers then he's good.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Still nothing for Calgary,Goddammit.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

PenguinKnight posted:

Iowa gets a showing, but no Minneapolis :negative:

it's hosed up

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

mllaneza posted:

You're thinking of the Foremen's "Godzilla Has a Midlife Crisis". They're a comedy folk song group, and they're pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHfp75gmr7Q

That's it! Thanks, you don't want to know how long that's been bugging me!

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.

It's all hosed up. I just want to watch this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh man this is like the first time a theater right by me has a limited release movie I want to see. gently caress yes, going to be watching me some Godzilla.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
How is this playing in Daly City but not San Francisco. There is no justice.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Godzilla was in San Francisco two years ago, certainly you don't want him to come back.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

tix showed up at Drafthouse theaters today, was lucky to snag some

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mukulu posted:

It's all hosed up. I just want to watch this.

apparently oakdale now has a showing, it's a 30 minute drive but that's not tooooooooo bad right?

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Anyone know if this is showing anywhere in Toronto/Southern Ontario?

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013

Sega 32X posted:

Anyone know if this is showing anywhere in Toronto/Southern Ontario?

Funimation announced that it is coming to Canada, but they haven't listed any participating theaters yet.

The Shin Godzilla Funimation site now has a buy tickets option, but they say more theaters are being added still.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012
Funimation posted a trailer for the US release:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgyq6YKeIms

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Oh, it's showing in Syracuse. That's not too bad!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Just pre-ordered a ticket to go see it on my birthday on the 13th.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Scottsdale Studio Movie Grill is playing it. Just ordered tickets.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Wait, hang on, I actually pre-ordered tickets to Kevin Hart: What Now? without realizing it, and the closest theater is 22 miles away.

At least I got a refund.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
That is one weak-rear end trailer, but I doubt there was ever much chance that Joe Average was going to see this film anyway.

On the upside, I just learned that it's going to be playing at my usual Rifftrax place and I am SO IN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The imdb/com release dates page now has

quote:

Australia 15 September 2016 (limited)

Oh dammit where where :supaburn:

Edit: Village Cinemas have it listed for Oct 13
http://villagecinemas.com.au/movies/godzilla-shin-godzilla
:neckbeard: