Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

SylvainMustach posted:

Oh.
That wasn't working. I'll try harder
I think you can whack him with your sword while passing too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

honestly how are you having trouble with literally any part of this game

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Trent posted:

I have this one

Dope.

romanowski posted:

surely by now you've seen the trailer they released back at e3

Probably did but I can't remember a single thing about it.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Yo s.i.r.e. here's a blog post that shows the samurai outfit. It may be a little more interpretable in motion though. Video can be found in the link at the start of the article.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

coffeecup posted:

Yo s.i.r.e. here's a blog post that shows the samurai outfit. It may be a little more interpretable in motion though. Video can be found in the link at the start of the article.

I'll check it out, thanks!

Man, I'm really not digging the muddy as hell world textures when Link's using his Sheikan iPad telescope thing, I guess they didn't want to deal with pop-in but man it looks ugly.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

coffeecup posted:

Each region might have a distinct "culture" that is reflected in the way the armor and weapons look and their availability.

- Hyrule proper: classic Western knight, plate male, metal angular shields, longswords, short cut hair
- Gerudo: Arabian/Arabic styles, sabers, scimitars, smaller shields, more cloth and less metal armor, long hair and braids
- Snowpeak: Viking influence, Axes, maces, circular shields, mohawks & tattoos
- Coastal area: Asian/Japanese influence, katanas, daggers, top-knot style.

If the world region really is that big then there would likely be great diversity between the regions to avoid the trekking back and forth from looking samey as all hell. If you can go from a wasteland dessert to a snowy mountain peak and cross at least 2 different biomes then hopefully there's a good amount of diversity to the weapons, armor, and consumables to find.

Soul Glo posted:

I kinda hope there aren't towns and instead just a few crazy people living in caves like the first game.

BotW takes place in a Hyrule where Ganon won, right? Let's have that post-apocalyptic Zelda game.

As an aside, I was just watching one of the E3 streams and they specifically mention there are several towns and specific NPC characters to interact with but it's tied into the story of the game so they deliberately chose to omit it for the demo

pentyne fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 8, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I wonder if that's the areas they covered with clouds in the demo. Fast way to conceal cities "just put some loving clouds over it"

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

pentyne posted:

Each region might have a distinct "culture" that is reflected in the way the armor and weapons look and their availability.

- Hyrule proper: classic Western knight, plate male, metal angular shields, longswords, short cut hair
- Gerudo: Arabian/Arabic styles, sabers, scimitars, smaller shields, more cloth and less metal armor, long hair and braids
- Snowpeak: Viking influence, Axes, maces, circular shields, mohawks & tattoos
- Coastal area: Asian/Japanese influence, katanas, daggers, top-knot style.

This would be rad.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Runcible Cat posted:

I think you can whack him with your sword while passing too.

This is the one where he has two shields. I swear that hasn't worked.

And I'm bad at video games :(

Edit: got it

On a side note I've had no issue with SS and its still really great

Maybe it says something about me that I actually love the controls.

Except for the swimming. That's a touch awkward

SylvainMustach fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Sep 8, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You just gotta shoot him between the shields. Then dodge. You should have a good window of time to do it

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

SylvainMustach posted:

This is the one where he has two shields. I swear that hasn't worked.
Oh yeah, of course. He does the "hur hur how you gonna get me this time" thing.

quote:

On a side note I've had no issue with SS and its still really great

Maybe it says something about me that I actually love the controls.

Except for the swimming. That's a touch awkward
They got swimming perfect in the N64 MM, but ever since then it's sucked.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Runcible Cat posted:

They got swimming perfect in the N64 MM, but ever since then it's sucked.

Did they botch it on the 3DS version?

On that note: does it matter which OOT one plays first?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

SylvainMustach posted:

The 3DS version is kind of considered the definitive one by now, but I wouldn't blame you if you'd like to play it on a larger screen.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

SylvainMustach posted:

I personally think it controls much better on the 3DS.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

JustJeff88 posted:

The 3DS version is kind of considered the definitive one by now, but I wouldn't blame you if you'd like to play it on a larger screen.

It's cheap enough that if I like it on the VC I'll probably get the retail copy too.

Thanks, guys

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Some buddies of mine are doing a Twitch stream of several Zelda games in honor of/to raise money for one of their brothers who died of an epilepsy-related condition.

They started about an hour ago at https://twitch.tv/MoblinsForMatt and will be running all weekend.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

SylvainMustach posted:

3DS OOT is just flat-out better than N64 OOT. 3DS MM makes somewhat more substantial changes to N64 MM: some think it's superior, some prefer the original.

I think the only reason anyone would end up strongly preferring N64 OOT over 3DS OOT is if you're a speedrunner. N64 OOT is 20 FPS vs 3DS OOT's 30 FPS, so all those single frame tricks are 50% harder to pull off on the 3DS version.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I just finished the 2 hour gamexplain video about this because there seems to be so many hours of gameplay recorded online and yet it all seems like it's only 2% of the overall game. :psyduck:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Shneak posted:

I just finished the 2 hour gamexplain video about this because there seems to be so many hours of gameplay recorded online and yet it all seems like it's only 2% of the overall game. :psyduck:

It technically is. Isn't all the gameplay shown so far from that initial starting zone?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It technically is. Isn't all the gameplay shown so far from that initial starting zone?

Yeah.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Patter Song posted:

3DS OOT is just flat-out better than N64 OOT. 3DS MM makes somewhat more substantial changes to N64 MM: some think it's superior, some prefer the original.

I think the only reason anyone would end up strongly preferring N64 OOT over 3DS OOT is if you're a speedrunner. N64 OOT is 20 FPS vs 3DS OOT's 30 FPS, so all those single frame tricks are 50% harder to pull off on the 3DS version.

Ah hey thanks!

Also I got over the hurdle in TP. Here goes to the next dungeon. Christ though everybody but link is hideously designed.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Man, I'm really not digging the muddy as hell world textures when Link's using his Sheikan iPad telescope thing, I guess they didn't want to deal with pop-in but man it looks ugly.

Get ready for the most extreme mipmapping in any video game to date. Only Nintendo could bring us this breakthrough.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

SylvainMustach posted:

Also I got over the hurdle in TP. Here goes to the next dungeon. Christ though everybody but link is hideously designed.

This is very true. I finished Twilight Princess HD last weekend and this stays true pretty much all the way through (though Midna's design is pretty cool).

Twilight Princess is a very weird game. It has high highs and low lows.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

SylvainMustach posted:

They tweaked the control scheme so I tend to find myself just floating there fizzing. It's pretty minor really, but annoying.

SylvainMustach posted:

I'd say go for the 3D one, the graphics are so much nicer and you get Hero Mode. Plus gyro aiming for the bow.

Ditto for MM, even though I bitched - I don't like the swimming tweak and I don't like boss eyeballs, but other than that it's a great improvement and you really don't want to have to deal with the original's save scheme.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

jivjov posted:

Some buddies of mine are doing a Twitch stream of several Zelda games in honor of/to raise money for one of their brothers who died of an epilepsy-related condition.

They started about an hour ago at https://twitch.tv/MoblinsForMatt and will be running all weekend.

Hey, this charity marathon I mentioned? They hit their $5000 goal, so they're currently playing Majora's Mask.

Also, I actually managed to show up! So I'm currently on stream with them.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I can't believe this beautiful game isn't out yet

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Calaveron posted:

I can't believe this beautiful game isn't out yet

At the same time, I'm kinda glad it isn't. Nintendo was right not to jump on the early access bandwagon and actually polish their games before release.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

BurntCornMuffin posted:

At the same time, I'm kinda glad it isn't. Nintendo was right not to jump on the early access bandwagon and actually polish their games before release.

In this day and age of rushing out AAA games in the same timeframe as shovelware, companies taking the time to work on their games is infinitely preferable.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

You know what I love? Games needing a day zero patch to even run. I'll take Nintendo's careful dedication to ironing out the most kinks possible over that.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

You know what I love? Games needing a day zero patch to even run. I'll take Nintendo's careful dedication to ironing out the most kinks possible over that.

You'll prolly like that the delay FFXV got was so they wouldn't have to release a day one patch

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I just beat Mad Max on PC, which is awesome, but I just realized the worst part about a game this big: getting 100% sucks. The new Zelda looks absolutely massive and I'm wondering how they're going to do collecting because on the one hand, if you don't have enough stuff to collect you have world that's big for no reason but if you put too much stuff to fill in that world then things can easily become tedious. Zelda's always been really good about having a lot to do but not too much where you have to sink in 80 hours to do it, I always like that I can pick up a Zelda title and see the whole thing in a day or even single sitting.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
If Nintendo had incorporated 6 months earlier we wouldn't be in this mess

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

my boss showed me his tattoos today and they were all like zelda and fma and all this stuff i like and like i mustve seemed interested bc he took off his shirt and showed me ones on his back but like… all i said was "fun" in like a weird voice?

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

a.lo posted:

my boss ... took off his shirt
wait what

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

a.lo posted:

my boss showed me his tattoos today and they were all like zelda and fma and all this stuff i like and like i mustve seemed interested bc he took off his shirt and showed me ones on his back but like… all i said was "fun" in like a weird voice?

what were the ones on his back

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I will play Skyward Sword again eventually when they make an HD remaster with quality of life improvements, but before then doubtful. I really enjoyed the TP remake and even %100ed it which I rarely do. Hero mode from the start was probably a big part of that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm actually replaying SS right now and I'll be damned if Tentalus isn't the stupidest looking boss ever

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

a.lo posted:

Why did you come here to say that without posting pictures of your boss's cool as gently caress tattoos?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Cicadas! posted:

what were the ones on his back

A Tingle that dances when he flexes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

a.lo posted:

check out my sweet nintendo tats *takes off shirt*