Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Brave New World posted:

You're an ignoramus. That spaghetti poo poo is from Cincinnati, and you'd be shot dead if you tried to serve it west of the Mississippi.

Cincinnati is part of the Midwest idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Cincinnati is like the epitome of the Midwest

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

blugu64 posted:

I just looked this up and am surprised they included Ohio / Michigan / Indiana as the mid west. I guess I always drew a mental line somewhere in Indiana where it just becomes a vast empty wasteland of Amish / Farmland / Gravel roads.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Cincinnati's main airport is in Kentucky.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I just looked this up and am surprised they included Ohio / Michigan / Indiana as the mid west. I guess I always drew a mental line somewhere in Indiana where it just becomes a vast empty wasteland of Amish / Farmland / Gravel roads.

What do you mean "they included"? Everyone knows Indiana/Iowa/mich is the Midwest, what else would it be? I guess they don't teach geography at Walmart tho.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

If you've ever met anyone from Cincinnati, you know that it is hella Midwest

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bongwizzard posted:

I don't believe that for a second. You live in the midwest for two reasons, either you or your immediate ancestors were too dumb to find work anywhere else, or your ancestors hundreds of years ago were too dumb/lazy to make it to the west coast. Who suffers through a month or two in a wagon and is like "look at all this fuckin flatness, lets settle here honey".

you pretty much settled where the railroad lines went out to, plus all that flatness = lots of farmland

idk how anyone lived in the South before AC was invented

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
New England begins at the Red River :colbert:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

two forty posted:

What do you mean "they included"? Everyone knows Indiana/Iowa/mich is the Midwest, what else would it be? I guess they don't teach geography at Walmart tho.

are you from the south? I feel like you are from the south.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the south fuckin rules if you're a straight white dude from an affluent family

like always

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

you pretty much settled where the railroad lines went out to, plus all that flatness = lots of farmland

idk how anyone lived in the South before AC was invented

You slept outside. No poo poo. My grandfather grew up in Greensburg, Kentucky and said sometimes they just slept out in the yard it was so hot in the house.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lime Tonics posted:

Page is offline already. All I get is a generic "we are closed , sorry" page.

Proudly powered by WordPress.

Lmao :effort:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the south fuckin rules if you're a straight white dude from an affluent family

like always

Yeah but you're still in the loving south. That's why your New Orleans rear end now lives in Palo Alto instead!

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

quote:

Spazzle posted:

The EDF keeping up the good work.

A highly underrated and completely ignored post.

I laughed until tears, thank you Mr. or Mrs. Spazzle.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
kansas isn't part of the south and cincinnati is part of the midwest. i am forever gobsmacked by yall's blithe ignorance. REpublicans...

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Brave New World posted:

You're an ignoramus. That spaghetti poo poo is from Cincinnati, and you'd be shot dead if you tried to serve it west of the Mississippi.

I had it here in Denver once. Co-worker from Cincy originally brought it for a potluck. Homemade. It was a huge hit. I don't think I'd get it from a fast food joint though.

Or, to quote Bob's Burgers: Twincinatti, the two twins who lived in Cincinnati. Chili on spaghetti. Yum!

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Everything between the Appalachians and the Mississippi is the Midwest. Everything past the Mississippi is the West.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

BgRdMchne posted:

Everything between the Appalachians and the Mississippi is the Midwest. Everything past the Mississippi is the West.

Luckily for us, the Census Bureau has this covered.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

blugu64 posted:

Saying "Midwesterners think" sounds as though you believe everyone in Chicago, Minneapolis and Kansas City thinks that spaghetti abomination is chili. Don't paint with such broad strokes.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Brave New World posted:

Five seconds of searching gives us:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Brave New World posted:

Saying "Midwesterners think" sounds as though you believe everyone in Chicago, Minneapolis and Kansas City thinks that spaghetti abomination is chili. Don't paint with such broad strokes.

How about you look at a map before opening your trap and making a fool out of yourself

Apr 7, 2003

Brave New World posted:

Who gives a gently caress what people from Minneapolis or Kansas City think

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Not All Midwesterners

which is a shame, because Cincinnati style chili is god drat delicious

Apr 7, 2003

"I have opinions!" - a piece of poo poo who can't figure out how to leave Kansas City

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BgRdMchne posted:

That is 1820 think man, were huger than that.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Lots of strong opinions about the South itt, smdh.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Citizen Tayne posted:

Who gives a gently caress what people from Minneapolis or Kansas City think

i like that the midwest tries to claim chicago as if it's anything other than southern canadian

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i like that the midwest tries to claim chicago as if it's anything other than southern canadian

Canada can claim Chicago only if they also claim the Upper Peninsula

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Why is it when Jastiger appears in a thread a "my region is better" fight breaks out EVERY drat TIME.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

monster on a stick posted:

Canada can claim Chicago only if they also claim the Upper Peninsula

The countries entire murder rate would triple.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

JB50 posted:

Why is it when Jastiger appears in a thread a "my region is better" fight breaks out EVERY drat TIME.

The only strange part is how nobody has mentioned the west coast as a counterpoint, but I guess this isn't the thread for talking about places on the upswing.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Gold Star > Skyline

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Bonzo posted:

Gold Star > Skyline

Does the salad also come with a giant scoop of chili and grated cheese product on top?

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Bonzo posted:

Gold Star > Skyline

I like the cup of guacamole.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
The lighting makes it look like it's supposed to be breakfast food

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Does the salad also come with a giant scoop of chili and grated cheese product on top?

Chili: no
Grated Cheese: optional

They'd probably put chili on if you requested it, though. Putting chili on foods that typically do not have chili on them is kind of their thing.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

dreezy posted:

I like the cup of guacamole.

That's..... A green drink.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

Chili: no
Grated Cheese: optional

They'd probably put chili on if you requested it, though. Putting chili on foods that typically do not have chili on them is kind of their thing.

Last question, I promise: what are you supposed to do with the oyster crackers? There's no clam chowder there.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Last question, I promise: what are you supposed to do with the oyster crackers? There's no clam chowder there.

I just want to get this out of my system:

Clam Chowduh

Ok, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Wamdoodle posted:

I just want to get this out of my system:

Clam Chowduh

Ok, thanks

Red, white, or cleah?

(Seattle puts salmon in their chowdah, disgusting)