Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Mameluke posted:

There's nothing too damning. I'd bet all of that is from this week's episode.

Yeah that's just the promo that played after the last episode. I doubt anything from the finale is in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Megaspel posted:

That whole bit about moses also hearing voices and that, and it making sense to him, leads me to believe he's going to develop bad schizophrenia. My mate's dad had that happen to him, ended up thinking he was God.

Was he wrong?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Hang on, I'll ask

*prays*

yeah it was really Him

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ApexAftermath posted:

Yeah that's just the promo that played after the last episode. I doubt anything from the finale is in that.

The finale will be a 2-hour long ALF reboot.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

haha perfect

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Post season 1 podcast with Sam Esmail. I had never heard this before and thought I'd share. Did not know that Mr. Robot was going to be a feature film. The dual personality reveal would have been at the 30 minute mark.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=13570910

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Could any of you geniuses make this into a sub-100k gif for an avatar? Try as I might, I could only get it to about half this size, I think it's too long :(

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.

:v:

It looks even better.

e:

I like the last one

Highblood fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Sep 8, 2016

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Highblood posted:

It looks even better.

drat if you weren't about to make that your AV I totally would

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Pringles cantenna! :neckbeard:

Jesus that story was dark.

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Sep 8, 2016

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Wonder who will get to Cisco first, the Dark Army or the FBI. Either way he is Capital F hosed

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Highblood posted:

It looks even better.

e:

I like the last one

Stuck with your original one due walk/skip speed... thanks so much, I love it!

Now to gtfo of this thread until I watch the ep..

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Yay they died!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Well that happened.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

timp posted:

Wonder who will get to Cisco first, the Dark Army or the FBI. Either way he is Capital F hosed

Darlene :ohdear:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Elliott and Angela :unsmith:

Darlene :smith:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
The shooter opening fire right when the crosswalk sign hit "0" was a nice touch.

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!
it looked like the people in the restaurant ducked a split second before the guy opened fire. I think Cisco, and Darlene are okay.....I hope.....

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

drat online viewing with Comcast cut out right at the hospital part I missed like 6 minutes and have no idea what happened after Darlene and him went to go get something eat. The nurse showed up blah blah then he's like we got a hour you hungry. What did I miss it started back with Elliot on the train talking to her

Also, Episode 11 promo? I think it is?

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
That episode had maybe 25 straight minutes of tension.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Someone remind me, were there any romantic overtones between Elliot and Angela before, or history? I couldn't tell if she was simply confused by the kiss, if she had been hoping it would happen for a long time (my guess) or if there was some history that she didn't want to revisit and didn't know why Elliot would?

I don't even think she was necessarily hoping for affection from Elliot in particular, simply that he was familiar and safe, and she's been so tightly wound while inside ecorp that it was just an emotional release.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

tvgm2 posted:

There is no show that gets my heart racing like this one for such extended amounts of time
:stare:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Damnit how are you guys watching this already?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blind Rasputin posted:

It aired at 10pm eastern tonight :confused:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Shooting Blanks posted:

Someone remind me, were there any romantic overtones between Elliot and Angela before, or history? I couldn't tell if she was simply confused by the kiss, if she had been hoping it would happen for a long time (my guess) or if there was some history that she didn't want to revisit and didn't know why Elliot would?

I don't even think she was necessarily hoping for affection from Elliot in particular, simply that he was familiar and safe, and she's been so tightly wound while inside ecorp that it was just an emotional release.

That's probably a big part of it, but I think she's always liked Elliot on top of that...same with Elliot. I can't really cite any past scenes off the top of my head to support that theory, but I definitely felt that way watching the scene on the subway. She's also well aware of Elliot's dislike of being touched so it probably had even more impact on her because of it.

To me it felt like that was the one thing Elliot could have done to change Angela's mind and decide against confessing, and Elliot probably didn't even do it for that reason. Looks like it probably doesn't matter anyways based on the final shot we see of Angela facing down two unknowns.

tvgm2 posted:

The soundtrack was incredible as always. Minimalist electronica is the perfect backdrop for this show. And how about that loving cold open? Was that Babymetal?!

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

Blind Rasputin posted:

Xfinity Go. This is the only show I need to watch live.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

tvgm2 posted:

Xfinity Go. This is the only show I need to watch live.

Same here. I watch it on Xfinity as well. Although mine cut out so having to stay up and rewatch the 2nd airing to see what I missed plus the end was kind of choppy.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

Yam Slacker

Shooting Blanks posted:

In the first or second episode of season 1 they almost kiss at AllSafe, but it's interrupted.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this shows insane that ending what the gently caress

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

timp posted:

Was that Babymetal?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYni6iVcRGc

GraceGarland
Jul 4, 2003

Observe Me posted:

it looked like the people in the restaurant ducked a split second before the guy opened fire. I think Cisco, and Darlene are okay.....I hope.....

Cisco's head loving explodes. He was the target and gets the first bullet. He doesn't even duck, just looks at the window to see what the fuss is about and :gibs:. Darlene ducks, but then it looks like there's some blood spray coming up into view from where she was. I bet she's alive, but in critical condition.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Did anyone see anything interesting when Elliot invites "us", as a floating camera's eye, to scrutinize his messy apartment for whatever Mr.Robot is seeking?

Also where could Tyrel's apparent phone be that seemed to convince the chauffeur it couldn't be him? I can only think it might be one of the houses of a fellow E-Corp elite that the chauffeur would have had been familiar with from before, but who knows?

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

HorseRenoir posted:

The shooter opening fire right when the crosswalk sign hit "0" was a nice touch.

This show loves its over-the-shoulder signage. Elliot and Angela on the subway, they both have PHASE posters next to them, Angela's with a stereo and Elliot's with an ear. Angela does all the talking, Elliott does all the listening. I was wondering if that was going to be related to "Stage 2", but that's only ever been called Stage 2 not Phase 2. So I think it was just some basic symbolism.

Also what was Mr Robot looking for at Elliott's apartment? That scene where 'we' look around the place was nuts. Felt like I was playing one of those "escape the crimson room" games and couldn't friggin think of anything. Might be something we don't know yet because it happened during the three days after the hack. Any guesses?

Metropolis fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 8, 2016

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Stage 2 theory: Elliot/Mr Robot explicitly told the Dark Army that Darlene and/or Angela have to be kept out of harm's way. It's already been said that this is his plan, and both personalities recognize their importance to him. The mysterious figures on the train will be DA guys warning her away from going to the lawyer, and Darlene will be unharmed.

I also think Elliot/Mr Robot's end game has nothing to do with the Washington Township hack. It's a ruse, misdirection, and while Angela is stirring the pot on that (and the Chinese and Ecorp execs are focused on it), there will be a twist bringing up something else entirely. That will be the Darlene sister twist of the season. Maybe something to do with Ecoin, or with Terry Colby - we haven't seen him in awhile, why is he back now?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The IMDB Tribune reports that there are two recurring guest roles with 7 and 4 appearances, respectfully, of Inconspicuous Woman and Inconspicuous Man. I hadn't noticed them, but I can't imagine why.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I'm guessing ”Wellick's” phone is at the home of the guy who's wife he murdered.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Holy loving poo poo.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
That whole episode was just one long montage of tension.

And that ending. Goddamn.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

qbert posted:

That whole episode was just one long montage of tension.

And that ending. Goddamn.

I don't think I've been that tense since the breaking bad episode "one minute".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nopants
May 29, 2004
I love how much Joanna's agent relaxes with Elliot. Just slouching on a couch telling stories about his freaky clients.

• Locked thread