Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

TMMadman posted:

It's better to 'waste' the day now than it is to wait until later when the game is on the line.

The problem is you seem pretty drat hell bent on getting us to waste this day.

Either by making your lovely gambit and then scum claiming as a "joke" or now by pushing non educational policy lynches on lurkers. When most people are more than happy to give lurkers a pass d1 because honestly? Even in 7 player games d1 sucks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Also ##vote Tmm

This all combined is making my taint tingle.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote apo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Apo you can't rely on the mod to deal with it. You gotta do it yourself. That said I'd prefer we kill lurkers d2 forward

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Apocron posted:

Or they stop lurking or they get mod killed. Either way the situation is solved without wasting a day. If they never post and we have to waste a day killing them later then I think that's on the mod.

You can't count on either of those things to happen. Strategic lurking is a thing that scum do. Replacements depend entirely on the mod and usually don't happen unless the player asks to be replaced.

Plus lurkers are easy targets for scum in the later days. It's way better to kill them early, especially in small games, than it is to wait.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Apo you can't rely on the mod to deal with it. You gotta do it yourself. That said I'd prefer we kill lurkers d2 forward

You can't do that in this small of a game. If it was 13 players, then maybe. If it was 15+ players then I'd have no problem giving the lurkers an extra day. In this small of a game, unless you lynch scum early or they miss a kill, then D3 is likely to be LYLO.

You can't play small games the same way you play larger games.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I actually didn't look at how many players we have.

Hmmmmmm I feel like if we just lynch lurkers we will lose tho

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

You know, unless the lurkers are scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

You know, unless the lurkers are scum.

I mean I guess we can do it d1 and still manage

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I mean I guess we can do it d1 and still manage

That's my point.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I do agree it's a small game and a lurker lynch is fine since you can't wait around for a modkill.

I still want to murder Madman though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Vote Count

TMMadman (3): Asiina, Apocron, Jimson Kashuno
Apocorn (3): BottleKnight, GlitchThief, flerp
Kashuno (1): TMMadman, flerp
Bottleknight (1): Kashuno
SirSamVimes (1): TMMadman

With 11 alive, it's 6 to lynch.

Deadline in approximately 2 hours and 23 minutes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'll be around after my ABB stuff finishes up probably in 30-45 minutes or so.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote apo if it's him than SSV is the other and we have an easy win

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Kashuno posted:

As Ecco would say, if lynching lurkers loses town the game, the town was going to lose anyways.

But I learned my lurking strats from Somber. Ignore lurkers (because lurking is alignment-neutral) and vent about how frustrating they are because they are frustrating. Tell them not to sign up for games they aren't going to play, etc.

If Vimes comes in here and says the words wow or legion I'm gonna laugh.

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote apo if it's him than SSV is the other and we have an easy win

what's the link here, I think I missed it?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i think hes saying that apo's want to not lynch lurkers (if apo's scum) means that his other scum pal is a lurker

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
but ill admit it is a stretch

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Vote Count

Apocorn (4): BottleKnight, GlitchThief, flerp, Retro Futurist
TMMadman (3): Asiina, Apocron, Jimson Kashuno
Kashuno (1): TMMadman, flerp
Bottleknight (1): Kashuno
SirSamVimes (1): TMMadman

With 11 alive, it's 6 to lynch.

Deadline in approximately 1 hours and 25 minutes.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
If I get lynched I hope all the town pro scum hunters take a good hard look in the mirror and reevaluate how they play mafia.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I desperately don't want to vote apocron ##vote SSV

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think the later votes on Apocorn are kind of scummy and I don't really feel like voting him.

It's possible he's scum, but it's probably more likely it's just awkwardness from still being new.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I think the later votes on Apocorn are kind of scummy and I don't really feel like voting him.

It's possible he's scum, but it's probably more likely it's just awkwardness from still being new.

You didn't feel like voting for him before the scummy votes either, as you didn't state an opinion on him at all, not once, until your "With only a few hours left in the day..." lurker lynch vote.

Considering going after lurkers is also alignment-neutral I'm not really sold on your "At least I'm playing the game" claim TMM...

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't want to vote Apo.

I like my vote but will switch to SSV if I absolutely have to in order to avoid a no lynch.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i will not switch my vote goodnight.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

You didn't feel like voting for him before the scummy votes either, as you didn't state an opinion on him at all, not once, until your "With only a few hours left in the day..." lurker lynch vote.

Considering going after lurkers is also alignment-neutral I'm not really sold on your "At least I'm playing the game" claim TMM...

Well, I don't know about you, but I'd rather play with people who are actually posting instead of someone who hasn't posted anything since the 5th. I know SSV is somewhere Down Under, but his last post was:

SirSamVimes posted:

oh hey this is a thing I signed up for

goodnight

And that was well over 48 hours ago. There's just no reason to keep that person around. They are either lurking scum or they are going to be totally useless in the upcoming days.

I said earlier that I was a little leary of Apo, but I was still giving him the benefit of being a new person. So I'm sticking to that for the time being. I'd rather let an awkward new person stay alive on D1, even if they are a little scummy, than someone who isn't posting at all. Especially in such a small game. That person who isn't posting is just dead weight.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah gently caress it, I'm convinced.

##vote SSV

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Asiina posted:

I don't want to vote Apo.

I like my vote but will switch to SSV if I absolutely have to in order to avoid a no lynch.

Kashuno posted:

i will not switch my vote goodnight.

Not feeling good about the refusal to vote for someone, even to avoid a nolynch. I'd vote SSV if it came down to it, or even TMM because he's giving me vibes now, but I find it sorta weird that neither of you would be willing to do the same.

TMMadman posted:

Well, I don't know about you, but I'd rather play with people who are actually posting instead of someone who hasn't posted anything since the 5th. I know SSV is somewhere Down Under, but his last post was:

And that was well over 48 hours ago. There's just no reason to keep that person around. They are either lurking scum or they are going to be totally useless in the upcoming days.

I said earlier that I was a little leary of Apo, but I was still giving him the benefit of being a new person. So I'm sticking to that for the time being. I'd rather let an awkward new person stay alive on D1, even if they are a little scummy, than someone who isn't posting at all. Especially in such a small game. That person who isn't posting is just dead weight.

Yeah but we learn a lot more from this lynch. Let someone else replace vimes. Your argument isn't good enough for me to want to ecco gambit D1 when we will still have hiipfire with like 3 game posts after lynching vimes. Sure, we can't rely on the mod for everything, but in this case either have him get replaced or we can berate him afterwards for signing up for games and disappearing.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I'll vote SSV because first day votes are arbitrary and it seems more likely that people want to vote SSV for lurking than for TMM for the scum claim.

##Vote SSV

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
We're just going to have to chalk this up to a disagreement in how we prefer to play the game. I don't want to rely on the mod to make a replacement when I can just vote them out. Replacements are their own tough challenge for both them and the people left in the game. Sometimes they just get turbo'd because they replaced in for someone who has been scummy/lurking and sometimes it's almost impossible to get them lynched.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

We're just going to have to chalk this up to a disagreement in how we prefer to play the game. I don't want to rely on the mod to make a replacement when I can just vote them out. Replacements are their own tough challenge for both them and the people left in the game. Sometimes they just get turbo'd because they replaced in for someone who has been scummy/lurking and sometimes it's almost impossible to get them lynched.

It's just frustrating because town gets hosed because we learn almost nothing from this lynch. It's like there's only one thing D1 is good for and we have decided to not care and laugh maniacally.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

It's just frustrating because town gets hosed because we learn almost nothing from this lynch. It's like there's only one thing D1 is good for and we have decided to not care and laugh maniacally.

I can understand that and I wouldn't be pushing for this lynch if it wasn't such a small game. But with only 11 people in the game, having 3 of them be essentially lurkers is more damaging to town than getting no real information from the lynch.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Ten minutes to deadline, ssv is the vote leader at 4 votes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So instead of learning little by lynching a lurker, we are going to learn nothing by no lynching.

Seems like a good plan. :rolleyes:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

##vote ssv

Not trying to no lynch!!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, too bad I don't think flerp, Retro, Jimson or Glitch are around right now.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote ssv gently caress u tmm

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
oops SirSamVines was vanilla town. Brief twilight for chatting while I write flavor.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think kash is 3P

that is all

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Nothing.

No colors, no sound other than your footsteps, even the air seems to stand still. It's enough to drive a person crazy, and it did.

The path deposits you at the end of a stone antechamber. One of you has been scribbling a map down, they consult it hesitantly.

"Yeah, alright. We've been going about three hours, we should probably stop and rest. It's not like we know where we're going anyway."

At the back of the march, you hear a yell. Unnerved by their silence, several members of your party have turned on SirSamVimes. He appears confused, almost vacant. That just infuriates them more, and flerp grabs them by the back of the head and shoves them forward into a wall.

There's blood, but not the sharp crack of bone on stone you expected. Instead, there's a sucking sound that takes you all by surprise. Slowly, SirSamVimes is pulled forward, into the walls. They're past the point of screaming, and the flailing has stopped by the time it gets to their waist. In another moment, they're gone entirely. None of the blood remains.

No one says anything, no one sits. For a moment, you just huddle together, unsure what you've witnessed

SirSamVimes, Essence Carter, Town Vanilla, has been lynched day one!

“Little solace comes
to those who grieve
when thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind.”

night actions, rack 'em up. 24 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
After an hour or so passes, you gather together and begin your slow march forward. The absence of Essence weighs at you, but she's already slowly fading from your memory. Is this just exhaustion, or is there some other force at work? Regardless, the task at hand consumes your attention, and once again you plunge forward into the unknown.

No one has died night 1!

Day two begins!

With ten alive, it is six to lynch. Deadline is set tentatively for Friday at midnight CST, but I am open to discussion.

“Passion has little to do with euphoria and everything to do with patience. It is not about feeling good. It is about endurance. Like patience, passion comes from the same Latin root: pati. It does not mean to flow with exuberance. It means to suffer.”

• Locked thread