Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

PBS Newshour posted:

Season 2 is good if you view Sangmin as the vengeful spirit of season 1 here to make the cast pay for their sins

Yeah that's me

E: Basically when I first watched the show I avoided this thread entirely because I figured it wasn't gonna be safe and I'm not as spoiler brave as Emmy is. So when I first came here after watching all 4 seasons it didn't really occur to me that season 2 would be so reviled.

Now I understand the reasons people don't like it, and agree that they're plenty valid.

It just doesn't take away from the fact that, for me, the single greatest joy I took in watching this show was seeing ruthless conqueror Sangmin destroy his competition and rise to victory.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I feel like Season 4 manages to capture a lot of the elements that made the first season great like plans within plans, great character interactions and developments, and has a excellent selection of death matches. It also has my favorite game, which is the one from Episode 11, where they shoot the poo poo with the cast of SNL Korea. The only complaint I have about it is that one casting choice.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I suspect I know what the casting is tbqh but we'll see! I am actually so hype to see all the big dogs interact with one another. Kyungran already bullying Jinho and his stutter, no dignity!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think I know the answer, but can you spoil the casting choice so Emmy doesn't see it?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Kyungran already bullying Jinho and his stutter, no dignity!

This never ends for poor Jinho. Always with the stutter teasing.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

This never ends for poor Jinho. Always with the stutter teasing.

Fingers crossed he tries to say secret again this season.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Max posted:

I think I know the answer, but can you spoil the casting choice so Emmy doesn't see it?
I'm guessing they mean -----Jungmoon-----

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I think I'll rewatch season 4, it's tied with S1 as my favorite. It's more polished than S1 but it lacks ~~*Sunggyu*~~

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

I can't speak for the others, but that was my intention.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
they should have brought back hongchul. he's so insane.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Fast Luck posted:

Yup.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

they should have brought back hongchul. he's so insane.

Hongchul got a DUI and got kicked off Infinity Challenge so I assume his career is dead in the water.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Crime Scene 204: What a twist! :eyepop: I didn't see that one coming!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Meme Emulator posted:

Hongchul got a DUI and got kicked off Infinity Challenge so I assume his career is dead in the water.

for six months, i think he's back now.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Watching Minus Auction from s2 again and the general feeling is: God why is everyone this season so dumb? There's a real "Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing" feel from both the Main Match and the Death Match. I want a clip show of the next couple games instead of watching all of them just to get to season 3 faster.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I really really liked Gura from season 1. Like, he reminds me of a type of Mafia/Werewolf player, the kind that is on top of his game and aggressive and acts suspiciously but in an intentional way that makes him hard to pin down.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Do we know why bumdi calls some videos "bandage sniffer"? I get its referring to the masked game runner, but is that specific name a reference to something?

(Have I already asked that?)

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

pokeyman posted:

Do we know why bumdi calls some videos "bandage sniffer"? I get its referring to the masked game runner, but is that specific name a reference to something?

(Have I already asked that?)

I'm not positive but I believe it's to make it slightly harder for the videos to get taken down for copyright whatever.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

Suspicious Dish posted:

for six months, i think he's back now.

Nope, he's still gone.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Genius Season 3 Episode 9: AAH!! YEONJOO WON!!! GIRL POWER!!!

Episode 10 edit: OH MY GOD SHE WON AGAIN GIRL POWER FOREVER :supaburn:

SUPER EDIT: HOLY poo poo DID I SPEAK TOO SOON????:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

OH MY GOD THIS GAME

FAT BATMAN fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 7, 2016

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Bankok posted:

Nope, he's still gone.

:smith:

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

He does an interior decorationish show and he did a late night radio program, but everyone hated him because that isn't a good time slot for him, so now he does morning?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hyunmoo should become Jinho's mother in real life.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Ahaha my memory has fooled me. The song for Jinho's Open/Pass play isn't Extreme Ways. It's Melodie.

I remembered that as the canonical Extreme Ways moment. D'oh.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Everything is Extreme Ways in our heart, I understand.

OOOH BABY

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Hong Chul is also doing a KBS show called "Talents for Sale" which has been pretty good after the first 7 or 8 episodes.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

For me the best song to accompany climactic genius plays has been Bangarang. Growing up with Unreal Tournament frag videos really makes Skrillex songs evoke people getting 50 headshots in a row and poo poo.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

What was the song that played during S3 EP2 when they all voted Not Guilty because Hyunmin had figured out who the leader was? That was another great moment on the show for me, and the music was great.

1975 Toyota Carolla
Apr 18, 2006
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
Pillbug

qbert posted:

What was the song that played during S3 EP2 when they all voted Not Guilty because Hyunmin had figured out who the leader was? That was another great moment on the show for me, and the music was great.

This one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0P3Ifx9oCU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Awesome, thanks.

Whoever the music supervisor of the show was, they knocked it out of the park.

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

Society Game starts next month! https://www.facebook.com/tvnsocietygame/videos/682225588596617/

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Woot!

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Facebooks auto translate seems to struggle with korean so i have no idea about this show

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Little_wh0re posted:

Facebooks auto translate seems to struggle with korean so i have no idea about this show

1. all auto translate struggles like gently caress with korean
2. no one has any idea about this show except it being marketed explicitly as "made by the producer of the Genius"
3. It sounds like bandage man is back.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

FAT BATMAN posted:

Genius Season 3 Episode 9: AAH!! YEONJOO WON!!! GIRL POWER!!!

Episode 10 edit: OH MY GOD SHE WON AGAIN GIRL POWER FOREVER :supaburn:

SUPER EDIT: HOLY poo poo DID I SPEAK TOO SOON????:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

OH MY GOD THIS GAME

This was one of my all time favorite Genius moments. Just utter despair to utter elation over the course of like 3 minutes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

NowonSA posted:

This was one of my all time favorite Genius moments. Just utter despair to utter elation over the course of like 3 minutes.

The editors really milk that moment for all its worth, and had already started with those montages when someone was about to lose, so you buy it. If it hadn't worked, it still would have been a great move, but the fact that it did was such an amazing turn around.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Wasn't there a Spotify Playlist of Genius songs? I thought I subscribed to it, but can't find it anymore.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Dunno about Spotify, but BB14 winner (and general reality show enthusiast) Ian Terry has a Youtube Playlist up for stuff that was in Season 4. And a fair bit of it was obviously in older seasons too; it's a pretty good tracklist in general really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Eezee posted:

Wasn't there a Spotify Playlist of Genius songs? I thought I subscribed to it, but can't find it anymore.

There's a Soundcloud playlist too:

https://soundcloud.com/thegeniusbgm/sets/the-genius-bgm