Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Cool now I get to go back to bf4 for a bit and just sigh for hours because it isn't bf1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Sorry if this is a bit off topic but I can't seem to find the BF4 thread on this forum so I figure I'll ask here: what's up with this?

Every single request to change this emblem over the last couple of years has gone ignored, and every time I see other players bring it up to goons there's usually some edgy response like "zip zoopity boo! I'm coming for you!" Or "'stop hurting me?' Kids really DO say the darnedest things XDD" it's incredibly toxic. I tried to ignore it at first but it got bad enough that I ended up having to leave the platoon altogether to distance myself from it.

Sooooo, is there any particular reason that SA's Battlefield community is an avid fan club for a serial rapist? Or at least, very good at consistently pretending to be fanboys of a serial rapist for very long periods of time? TIA.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Still good though

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Sorry if this is a bit off topic but I can't seem to find the BF4 thread on this forum so I figure I'll ask here: what's up with this?

Every single request to change this emblem over the last couple of years has gone ignored, and every time I see other players bring it up to goons there's usually some edgy response like "zip zoopity boo! I'm coming for you!" Or "'stop hurting me?' Kids really DO say the darnedest things XDD" it's incredibly toxic. I tried to ignore it at first but it got bad enough that I ended up having to leave the platoon altogether to distance myself from it.

Sooooo, is there any particular reason that SA's Battlefield community is an avid fan club for a serial rapist? Or at least, very good at consistently pretending to be fanboys of a serial rapist for very long periods of time? TIA.

The easy answer is to stop being a bitch.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lazyfire posted:

The easy answer is to stop being a bitch.

I guess this is about as mature a response as I can hope to expect.

Why do you admire rape?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I thought he was cleared

Also,

Boohoo

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Why do you admire rape?

Go whine about it in QCS if it bothers you that much.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Something went wrong.

verbal enema posted:

I thought he was cleared

Also,

Boohoo

Lol nah dude liked his women like he liked he his jello, out cold and jigglin

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Why do you admire rape?

If you are so offended by just this I suggest super not playing with the BF4 crew because your probably gonna die from clutching them pearls too hard.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Lumpy is a good troll

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm not trolling.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It a well made logo that occasionally gets a rise out of people in-game.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789383 :lol:

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Maybe you're the racist for mixing up Bill Cosby and what is obviously Will Smith.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Kill all of us

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Man, you guys are lucky. No one ever notices the emblem when I'm getting my face stomped playing BF4. :(

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

NuckmasterJ posted:

Man, you guys are lucky. No one ever notices the emblem when I'm getting my face stomped playing BF4. :(

i use an old 1920-30s?? mickey mouse so

still in the platoon i just like how it looks on my guns much more

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I've legitimately had people think it's Obama in chat.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Of course if you really wanna have people lose their poo poo at you... http://battlelog.medalofhonor.com/bf4/emblem/edit/personal/2955059199362098888/197129667/1/

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Anti-Hero posted:

I've legitimately had people think it's Obama in chat.

that is what i hear the most

"lljk not using obama?? must be one of the good ones"

ok dude on random that is definitely an internet thing to say

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Last two on the right..... :golfclap:

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

New Concept Hole posted:

Ironically bolt-actions are the thing I wish there was less of, even though it's limited to one class and cavalry.

Cavalry does not not use a bolt-action. :smugbert:

:goonsay:

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011
Well, I'm gonna have to pick this up.

I confess I enjoy sniping, even though I'm not very good at it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Monocled Falcon posted:

I confess I enjoy sniping, even though I'm not very good at it.

Normal Battlefield player.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
Believe me or don't, but for people that don't like the weapon makeup of the vanilla settings I learned from a friend at DICE that you can set custom rulesets.

So if you want bolt action rifles, machine guns, sidearms and only planes you can set your own rules for it and run your own game.

Dunno how detailed it will really be, but it's pretty news that some options are even there.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

Believe me or don't, but for people that don't like the weapon makeup of the vanilla settings I learned from a friend at DICE that you can set custom rulesets.

So if you want bolt action rifles, machine guns, sidearms and only planes you can set your own rules for it and run your own game.

Dunno how detailed it will really be, but it's pretty news that some options are even there.

Shovels only :black101:

Or cavalry only. No lever action. Just sabre action.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Ironically" supporting a rapist and then making rape jokes when called out on it is pretty disgusting. I'm a huge prick, namaste.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
believing that a bill cosby emblem indicates support, endorsement, or condoning of his actions is loving retarded

see:

CrowdControl
Aug 2, 2011

Uhh Tommy, I think I'm just gonna sleep at my house tonight...

Lazyfire posted:

Alright, so if you think support sucks or needs to be changes you done hosed up because the class is great at what it does. It's not going to go out and just stomp on every other player out there. With support you are going to spend more time trying to sneak up on other players and flank people than you are trying to go head to head against them while throwing down a stupid number of mines and ammo bags. At least half your kills should be from trip mines on any particular match. Get the gun with the biggest magazine you can find and just start spraying down anyone not looking at you. If you see a sniper in the distance you need to run because you are hosed, but if you catch them off guard you can just hipfire them to death before they can do poo poo to you.

Just wanted to say this is absolutely wrong other than that support rules. Once you discover the gun with the comically large stick clip you are the master of medium engagements and will win every time you can move your crisshairs to your assailents head as well as a good enough fire rate you hold your own in cq. You are also great at counter-sniping with this gun an the other model of it even has a score to do just that. Just use single shots for really far targets. No idea how this dude is trip mining half his kills but it will get you 2-4 kills you can chuckle once you get incendiary mines. The he mines seem to just do 80 dmg and can only kill the wounded.

Your only real weakness that you have basically no tools to deal with vehicles.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

CrowdControl posted:

Just wanted to say this is absolutely wrong other than that support rules. Once you discover the gun with the comically large stick clip you are the master of medium engagements and will win every time you can move your crisshairs to your assailents head as well as a good enough fire rate you hold your own in cq. You are also great at counter-sniping with this gun an the other model of it even has a score to do just that. Just use single shots for really far targets. No idea how this dude is trip mining half his kills but it will get you 2-4 kills you can chuckle once you get incendiary mines. The he mines seem to just do 80 dmg and can only kill the wounded.

As a general rule I shoot at anything I might be able to hit at any range as long as I might be able to hurt it: dudes, horses, open top trucks, planes. All the MGs have surprising range, and if you want to see what I mean do Benet Mercie Gunner or MG-15 Suppressor. Set up that bipod and see what I mean.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
bill cosby is one of the good ones

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
People need to die with their tanks. I stole two tanks, shot their owner and went on a killing spree in the same match after hitting emergency repair. It's like they don't know what all the buttons do. :3:

The wrench also makes long range K bullets and rocket guns a joke. Then it's a matter of driving over and hunting them down.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Just had a five minute cavalryman duel on the rock cliffs between E and G. All the while we were both under fire from both teams planes, snipers and vehicles. Neither of us were good enough shots to nail a headshot but he was clearly the better aim, hitting me more consistently. Eventually he ran up to the top of the rocks to link up with another teammate, but I chased after him and wore him down with the pistol before sabering him. I said it was a very fun fight in chat, but he exploded and said some very mean things while ragequitting.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

CrowdControl posted:

The only real weakness is the loving downtime after drat kill because lol who needs healthpacks. You can nuke vehicles with a combo of ammo packs and light AT nades.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

CrowdControl posted:

What about the light anti tank grenades? The medic and scout only get 1, with the scout getting dinky K bullets, whereas support gets like 4~5 throws before the ammo pack takes a second to respond.

Actually, I never got around to using the ammo crate. Does it resupply as fast as you can throw?

ScotchDK
Aug 14, 2008

mmmh, smooth...
In the start of the beta I was really frustrated playing the support, I just had a really hard time using the LMG's. But then I got access to the Madsen and incendiary devices, and I have not looked back.

Best moment was when I could hear a couple of brits on the floor above. So I placed a trip mine(incendiary) on the stairs, then peaked up, and threw a fire grenade into the back of the room where they where hiding.
Then the screaming started and the points started going up as their pain increased. Now just going on survival instinct they rush to get out of the room, the stairs being the closest exit. But there was only more fire to greet them. :supaburn:

and why yes, the flamethrower sentry is my favorite, why do you ask?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Ra-amun posted:

What about the light anti tank grenades? The medic and scout only get 1, with the scout getting dinky K bullets, whereas support gets like 4~5 throws before the ammo pack takes a second to respond.

Actually, I never got around to using the ammo crate. Does it resupply as fast as you can throw?
The crate's a bad idea because it pins you down whereas the pack can just be tossed as you're running.

I'm not gonna get this game, I think. The infantry combat is *way* too rock-paper-scissorsy, and the pub experience is just straight horrid.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Well gently caress, I thought this was going until tomorrow .

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
I gotta say, I'm really on the fence as to whether to preorder or not Sinai didn't give me very positive vibes towards their map design and I've had so many hit detection and balance issues during the beta.

I want to like it, but I can't justify buying it to myself :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CrowdControl posted:

That's probably the strength of the class. Infinite anti-vehicle grenades. Or infinite any grenades. :rip: when instant refill gets patched out.

Anyone you are counter-sniping with single tap shots is terrible. Also your spread decreases as you fire so you want to full auto all the time while keeping your crosshairs on the enemy. Medics and Recons will still ruin your poo poo unless they are incompetent and can't aim.

Ra-amun posted:

Sadly, no.