Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Zzulu posted:

American chain pizza is a loving disaster

please come to Sweden or Italy, places with strong pizza culture and eat real pizza instead of your garbo

I've had pizza in Italy and it was all pretty bad except one restaurant that had a wood fired oven. And even at that, the crust is really good, but other than that it wasn't that spectacular. This was also with a guide who had lived there off/on for 15 years and knew where the better stuff was.

There is a small chain called Anthony's in the US that is probably my favorite. The only one I've been to is when visiting Fort Lauderdale. They use a wood fired oven and have a pizza with sausage, red peppers and ricotta that is delicious.

Hell, I'll eat most of the scrub tier pizza except Little Caesars unless it's free. I loved Dominos growing up and it's OK now, but about 8-10 years ago it was some of the worst food I've eaten. My favorite "chain" pizza around here is Pizza King which goes by another name in other parts of the US.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Pizza from the NYC, Jersey, and Philly area is the best pizza in the world hands down. I've had pizza in Sicily, Tuscany, and Rome and was devastated that none of it was anywhere near as good as pizza you can get in loving Trenton New Jersey.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
/\ Europe invented it, America perfected it.

Pizzaiolo in Toronto is so good that their second-string pizzas like the vegetarian "Bianca" is better than pretty much any other meat pizza I've had. Their meat pizzas are insanely good and that can be really really bad if you do not have the self control of a monk. They are really well made with good ingredients, so they handily beat out novely pizzas that just pile on the cheese and bacon like retards on a youtube channel.

Bianca: Artichokes (Marinated), Feta Cheese, Fresh Garlic, Olive Oil & Garlic, Oregano, Parmigiano Cheese, Zucchini (Marinated) and Mozzarella Cheese

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Blistex posted:

/\ Europe invented it, America perfected it.

Pizzaiolo in Toronto is so good that their second-string pizzas like the vegetarian "Bianca" is better than pretty much any other meat pizza I've had. Their meat pizzas are insanely good and that can be really really bad if you do not have the self control of a monk. They are really well made with good ingredients, so they handily beat out novely pizzas that just pile on the cheese and bacon like retards on a youtube channel.

Bianca: Artichokes (Marinated), Feta Cheese, Fresh Garlic, Olive Oil & Garlic, Oregano, Parmigiano Cheese, Zucchini (Marinated) and Mozzarella Cheese

pizzaiolo is ok. this guys speakin the truth

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Help me complete my US map of Good Applebees and Bad Applebees...it will be huge for the Applebees community.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

null posted:

Help me complete my US map of Good Applebees and Bad Applebees...it will be huge for the Applebees community.

It all comes from the same factory...

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

One time a local pizza place delivered my pizza in 15 minutes and it sucked. Good pizza takes time

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

My favorite "chain" pizza around here is Pizza King which goes by another name in other parts of the US.

Now yer talkin my language! Pizza King is big in the little town I grew up in, and every time I'm there to visit, at least one meal HAS to be at or from Pizza King.

King's Feast, their awesome salad and breadsticks... Taht's all you really need.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
The Pizza Huts here all went to poo poo, but the Domino's all got better. There's a local joint that blows them both out of the water, though. Pizza Hut is cheap, Domino's delivers non-poo poo, and the local joint is where you go for something genuinely good.

Little Caesar's is where you go when you want to do the food equivalent of drowning your sorrows in well whiskey.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Seems like the ones in larger cities are pretty bad but the small town ones are a bit better. I worked in one during college and it was loving disgusting.

Going to Chicago for work next week, gonna eat some Giordanos.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8ViYIeH04

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
It's just there. In the "I'm ordering a pizza threAd, I posted a pic of a delivery I got in a timely manner and for a good price, and it got mod quoted before thread was sent to the goldmine. This led to a viral image sensation that had me appear as a guest of several major talk shows, all of which were filmed in my garage.

I'll dig up the pic tomorrow.

Pizza Hut is best tier low end delivery, ime

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

dad gay. so what posted:

tbqh its more "hut" than "pizza'

True, and many failed huts around here have new owners that can't be bothered to de-hut them so you walk into this place with the distinctive roof line and terrible layout and eat tamales and can't unsee the plastic pitchers and sad birthdays and dead bugs on the window sills and people OD'ing on all you can eat desert pizza and the general sense of defeat.

Teikanmi posted:

mom jeans spaghetti

This phrase is going viral, I know it.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

hahaha pizza hut semen-y

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

If you ever need to gather the courage to give up go to a Pizza Hut lunch buffet then head to WalMart right afterwards

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You can't just go to italy and eat a random pizza in some tourist trap and expect it to be amazing

like in all countries ya gotta find that real pizzeria with the actual awesome pizza

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I remembered pizza hut sucking since at least the mid 2000s but i got it the other day on a whim and it was decent i guess

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
I'm all about that papa schlong

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

u can dine n dash from these places with 1 legged dog men and live to tell the rap song tale

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004
I like pizza

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.
rip pizza hut. You used to be a decent dine-in place, then you went take away and teenager-staff only.

I absolutely loved their loaf garlic bread when I was a kid.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Pizza in switzerland was very good but the delivery pizza was universally pretty awful. It would take an hour to get there and was always room temperature and soggy and you had to pay 30 bucks for it.

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme

Zzulu posted:

American chain pizza is a loving disaster

please come to Sweden or Italy, places with strong pizza culture and eat real pizza instead of your garbo

I literally can't stop laughing at the term pizza culture. What a nerd

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
What was the Golden Age of Pizza Hut ? The '90's ?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Decebal posted:

Back when they had that talking pizza slice who got into hijinks

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Local rumor is our local Pizza Hut is closing and moving to a strip mall and will go to delivery/carry-out only. We've got one of the old 70s buildings and while the dining room leaves a bit to be desired, the pizza is usually good, but the staff is older and I don't see them making the move to the new store.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Decebal posted:

When they "invented" stuffed crust

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
consider traveling to other countries for their big sausage pizza motif

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

There's a roadside tavern in Moelv in Easern Norway, owned by a Turkish family (who also happen to own just about every business in town), that has a pretty damned good kebab pizza.

I also ate som real good pizza at a pizzeria in Sümeg near lake Balaton in Hungary, the pizzeria had Jobbik electoral posters outside it and I'm pretty sure some of their pizzas were named after local candidates as I recognized some of the name, one of their pizzas had an egg in the middle of it, really weird but actually pretty good.

Rape Stink posted:

Pizza from the NYC, Jersey, and Philly area is the best pizza in the world hands down. I've had pizza in Sicily, Tuscany, and Rome and was devastated that none of it was anywhere near as good as pizza you can get in loving Trenton New Jersey.

In my experience if you're going for pizza in Italy you're often better going for one of the smaller garlic bread /w tomato sauce or cheese appetizer things, which are basically a barebones pizzas with garlic butter and tomato sauce or cheese on it, it basically takes what's best about Italian pizza, the crust, and lets you order something better for your actual course.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 8, 2016

toxicitysquared
Nov 12, 2007

:jiggled:
Jiggled Again
:jiggled:

Randarkman posted:

There's a roadside tavern in Moelv in Easern Norway, owned by a Turkish family (who also happen to own just about every business in town), that has a pretty damned good kebab pizza.

I also ate som real good pizza at a pizzeria in Sümeg near lake Balaton in Hungary, the pizzeria had Jobbik electoral posters outside it and I'm pretty sure some of their pizzas were named after local candidates as I recognized some of the name, one of their pizzas had an egg in the middle of it, really weird but actually pretty good.

In my experience if you're going for pizza in Italy you're often better going for one of the smaller garlic bread /w tomato sauce or cheese appetizer things, which are basically a barebones pizzas with garlic butter and tomato sauce or cheese on it, it basically takes what's best about Italian pizza, the crust, and lets you order something better for your actual course.

bro were talking about pizza hut in here chill tf out

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Back when they had that talking pizza slice who got into hijinks

"Oh nooooooo"

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cucky pizzone

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Decebal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__nBi7HJFwU

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
I haven't found another chain pizza place with butter-garlic dip. Even as a kid that was one of the only two reasons I ate there. (The other being Book-It! or whatever it was called. Free personal pan pizzas were something I looked forward too way more than I should have.)

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Stottie Kyek posted:

Pizza Hut pizza is poo poo, it doesn't even come with anime music videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW2D_Votd2Y

help i can't tell what's real anymore

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dis posted:

I haven't found another chain pizza place with butter-garlic dip. Even as a kid that was one of the only two reasons I ate there. (The other being Book-It! or whatever it was called. Free personal pan pizzas were something I looked forward too way more than I should have.)

I thought that was papa Johns that was known for that dip

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Aesop Poprock posted:

I thought that was papa Johns that was known for that dip

All I can tell you is that I've never been to Papa John's. Do live incredibly close to Canada though. Might be border luck.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blpe_sGnnP4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Has anyone tried one of these BBQ inserts? I've heard some good things, but don't know anyone who actually has one. Are they just hype or legit good?

• Locked thread