Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite/Favourite subtitle?
This poll is closed.
Revelations 11 12.50%
Resurrection 5 5.68%
Retribution 6 6.82%
All-Stars 66 75.00%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKfiA9DQLl4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also RE4 related, until yesterday I never realised what a rip off of the Del Lago boss fight the sharking/whaling was in AssCreed 4.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Sep 8, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ciaphas posted:

So if Grim Dawn is just "ok" is there any other current hotness as far as ARPGs go or is it still PoE and D3 pretty much

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition came out not too long ago. Its a 2006 ARPG and is pretty solid and holds up really well in my opinion.

https://www.gog.com/game/titan_quest_anniversary_edition

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is Vermintide any good?

Yes but its probably best to play with friends. It's basically a Warhammer themed L4D.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

That looks really cool, is it on steam? Is the 2 player a versus or a co-op thing? Does it have online? What is it?

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

It's a Sega Saturn/Arcade game called Kingdom Grandprix, by Raizing. Not on Steam yet, or probably ever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Also RE4 related, until yesterday I never realised what a rip off of the Del Lago boss fight the sharking/whaling was in AssCreed 4.

That fight is amazing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's probably actually my least favourite boss in RE4, not that makes it bad, it's just a game filled with awesome boss fights.
I also appreciate that the first real boss you get to is one you can beat even if you're running out of bullets, which most people would be first time through.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
What about the first El Gigante

edit: oh yeah, that happens on the return trip doesn't it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What about it?

E: yup, also it does have a low ammo option in the QTE you get when it drops to a knee, though that's not the most efficient way

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Sep 8, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well you said it's the first real boss but I thought the el gigante was, but I was remembering the order of events incorrectly

either way That Dog owns

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah I love that bit.

And then you have to shoot a bunch of la plaga'd dogs soon after. :(

I don't feel too bad though because they're bastards who always kill me at least once.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

what the gently caress where is my ULTRA '64

GET IT!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Joe Gillian posted:

It's a Sega Saturn/Arcade game called Kingdom Grandprix, by Raizing. Not on Steam yet, or probably ever.

Aw what a shame

Is it actually a fun game? The level there seemed kind of short and easy and idk if that was just the character he was playing as, the level itself, or what, but it looked cooled

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

its a day later and i still think the PS Pro is the dumbest thing

iterative hardware makes sense with phones because you're already tied into contracts that bring the price down. it cost me $99 to upgrade from an iphone 4 to the latest one. if i had to pay $400 i wouldn't upgrade!!!

and of course it makes sense with PCs because they are for literally all purposes and between DOSbox and emulators have backwards compatibility extending back to the beginning of gaming

the PS Pro is just like. what if we did the Nintendo New 3DS but without an exclusive game and developers still arent forced to support it? and to make the phone comparison, older iterations lose support eventually, like the iPhone 4 cant run any app made after 2014 basically. so its like the worlds worst subscription because you don't need a console like you need a phone, and it costs way more

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Sep 8, 2016

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

No thread, we're talking about World of Final Fantasy again, because one of the mirages is the loving ship from Einhander.

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/world-final-fantasy-ps4-ps-vita-versions-compared-einhander-mirage-gameplay

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
wait MULTIPLAYER?!?!?!?! Holy gently caress.

I mean, I guess I'm only excited if it's local multiplayer. And then only on principle.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh poo poo that owns also I can't believe SE is acknowledging that Einhander exists

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well it took 30 years, but there is finally something cool in a Final Fantasy game

edit: I hope people aren't taking me super seriously when I say things like this, Final Fantasy is fine I just think it's kinda lame is all

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Sep 8, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Quest For Glory II posted:

I enjoyed it cause the presentation was barely any more detailed than the leaks and had nearly identical information

I can't wait for the "over a half dozen" titles that make use of it while the rest don't bother.

There's two possible outcomes I see here: either they push people to use the Pro and as a result they get lazy about the non Pro versions, or nobody bothers with the Pro and it becomes an expensive curio that drives GameStop trade-ins for the uninformed.

They seem serious about the thing so I expect the quality of 'regular' PS4 games to drop like a rock eventually, with the Pro development as an excuse

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Well it took 30 years, but there is finally something cool in a Final Fantasy game

I'll crush you! I will...beat you.

CJacobs posted:

edit: I hope people aren't taking me super seriously when I say things like this, Final Fantasy is fine I just think it's kinda lame is all

No, I just had to remember which Megaman 8 robot master I was thinking of who said that stupid quote.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

please don't make me do these things to you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p82ZY3wubL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pJmaBv-1zk

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also while looking at games on itch.io i found a lets player that put cardboard eyes on a top hat

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

i can't wait for the next time i get to push the 'do something cool' button

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CrashCat posted:

I enjoyed it cause the presentation was barely any more detailed than the leaks and had nearly identical information

I can't wait for the "over a half dozen" titles that make use of it while the rest don't bother.

There's two possible outcomes I see here: either they push people to use the Pro and as a result they get lazy about the non Pro versions, or nobody bothers with the Pro and it becomes an expensive curio that drives GameStop trade-ins for the uninformed.

They seem serious about the thing so I expect the quality of 'regular' PS4 games to drop like a rock eventually, with the Pro development as an excuse

Nobody is going to care about it because it's stupid. as much as I love my New 3DS it's also stupid, albeit much cheaper.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

Its been funny to watch the 180 on the PS4 Pro. In the PS4 thread up until yesterday, goons were ultra hyped for the system and convinced it was going to be the biggest thing ever. I had known that the crazy off the wall rumors were exactly that, and the new specs leaked a month ago really set expectations in check for those that paid attention.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I thought it was a stupid-rear end idea right from the start :smug:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I wish Megaman 8 was better, because it's super colorful and pretty to look at.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FactsAreUseless posted:

See you in my dreams.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The new ace attorney game just finished downloading on my 3DS maybe life isn't a nightmare after all

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same but gonna play Resi 4 for a bit first

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Aw what a shame

Is it actually a fun game? The level there seemed kind of short and easy and idk if that was just the character he was playing as, the level itself, or what, but it looked cooled

Depends on how much you like shmups, namely by Raizing. I've never played it, but they make good games. It's probably a fine game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Same but gonna play Resi 4 for a bit first

It's odd that it doesn't have a platinum, even though most people probably don't care. I'm really tempted to pick it up again, it's been about a year since I last played it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

In Training posted:

Nobody is going to care about it because it's stupid. as much as I love my New 3DS it's also stupid, albeit much cheaper.
It does seem at least premature, I don't know if Sony will seriously push for it or we'll just see a smattering of half-hearted support. Either way one side or the other is going to suffer at some point, there's no avoiding it.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I got to use a 3DS XL for the first time ever yesterday.

in the Louvre.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

It's odd that it doesn't have a platinum, even though most people probably don't care. I'm really tempted to pick it up again, it's been about a year since I last played it.

The trophies are pretty drat lazy tbh, one for each of the bosses, highest difficulty, getting all the costumes and that's about it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Joe Gillian posted:

in the Louvre.
sorry you dropped your 3ds, i hope the sewer people enjoy it though

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Soooo yeah I guess I'm gonna wait to see what the PS Pro does to the development landscape on the PS4.

-Devs sorta target the PSPro specs when developing games so the OG PS4 "version" of the game only looks/runs "OK"?
-Devs don't care about the PSPro because they aren't being forced to so it doesn't matter anyway for the vast majority of games?
-4K streaming content somehow grows by leaps and bounds in 2 weeks and weirdos with 4K TVs love it??!?
-I buy a used old PS4 or a PS4 Slim and deal with the maybe-mildly-worse-performance on some games because I basically only want to play Bloodborne anyways?!??

The PSPro seems stupid to me at this point but I guess we'll see where things go.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Joe Gillian posted:

in the Louvre.

Surrounded by masterpieces from every era, feeling waves of inspiration from every angle, he hunches over the glowing screen and channels the creative essence of the former greats into Pokemon Art Academy.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

What are people's problems with it? I played it about a decade ago and loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I always kind of assumed the reason Sony was making the PS4 Pro was because the regular PS4 wouldn't be able to run VR very well, so they were releasing a console that their VR stuff would work properly on.

• Locked thread